Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jarogue posted:

If you ever need another reason to buy Splatoon then here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCAwBpcOjQ

Splatoon got the GameExplain guy in a Playboy video, GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Aaaand done w/ Maze Palace at 7/8/8. It gets hard again after this, right?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Waltzing Along posted:

Aaaand done w/ Maze Palace at 7/8/8. It gets hard again after this, right?

Which one is the maze? 4, 5 or 6?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Maze is 4.

Ocean 5
3 rocks? 6
Final one 7

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

You're pretty overleveled for where you are in the game so you'll probably not have any huge problems until the road to the golden palace. And then you'll cry when you run into the first blue falcon knight.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

noirstronaut posted:

How do we know for certain that the Koopalings are siblings if we never see their mother

Their mother is Rosalina, this is the family secret that will come out spectacularly in a later game

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Waltzing Along posted:

Maze is 4.

Ocean 5
3 rocks? 6
Final one 7

Yeah, Maze is sort of easy. 5 and 6 have modestly tough bosses.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

I have faith in the single player because at one point they were considering it being a Mario game before they decided on squids, so if they are taking that kind of single-player design philosophy it should be a pretty solid campaign, even if the multiplayer is the main focus.

I dunno I saw the single player videos and the stages don't seem all that expansive. They're small sections with an obstacle after small sections. They're not even as vertical or varied as 3d world. Whith the shooting mechanic it's almost like a cover shooter for how you get past many of the trials.

I would think the paint mechanic would have been better served with a wide open stages for a single player game instead of corridors. The Arenas also look like they're going to boil down to Team fortress style matches where you have interesting powers, but most of your guys have to stay in one place and not move for the majority of it.

I mean yeah they're not including voice chat in game itself, but people are going to use alternatives to preform the same function to stay organized. It just looks like a very mixed bag of a game.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My biggest worry about splatoon is that the multiplayer experience may end up being shallow. If it's balanced and nuanced and there's a good progression of unlocks, it could work, but I could easily see it being the sort of thing that everyone goes nuts over for a month and then puts to the side.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Not a Children posted:

My biggest worry about splatoon is that the multiplayer experience may end up being shallow. If it's balanced and nuanced and there's a good progression of unlocks, it could work, but I could easily see it being the sort of thing that everyone goes nuts over for a month and then puts to the side.

There's stats on the clothing and everything, you have to earn coins to buy things.

That's the main draw to the multiplayer. I would have probably preferred random drops so the stuff you can unlock isn't dependent on points per match. There doesn't seem to be an endless mode either where you just keep completing challenges for coins. It looks like all progress in the game is geared heavily towards online interaction.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 28, 2015

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Zelda for Wii U is now delayed to 2016.
Good.

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's ratchet and clank but with a focus multiplayer and a rather weak looking single player mode.
Have you ever actually played a Ratchet and Clank game? The only thing modern R&C title seems to really have in their favor is that they're absolutely gorgeous, and in some ways more colorful, games. It looks like the previewed Splatoon levels are mostly from the start of the game, with how they all introduce ideas and mechanics. Beyond that, it's a matter of somewhat harsh linearity vs. an open/linear mix, and Ratchet & Clank games tend to have a bit of a slow start, especially compared to the speed of tutorials in Splatoon. I mean, I guess R&C games have more weapons and they do cool stuff? I dunno, it's not like R&C games have particularly tight level design.

Personally, I'm less concerned about the quality of Splatoon's single player, and more about the amount of content in it. Also, those level clear screens are kind of ugly.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 28, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zelda for Wii U is now delayed to 2016.

Was kinda a given because of how little Nintendo has talked about this game. I still hope Star Fox is on track for this year.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

Was kinda a given because of how little Nintendo has talked about this game. I still hope Star Fox is on track for this year.

If that's your metric Star Fox hasn't even had an official screenshot. Zelda has had a lot more info by comparison.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

greatn posted:

If that's your metric Star Fox hasn't even had an official screenshot. Zelda has had a lot more info by comparison.

Star Fox has always been a much simpler game though, unless Nintendo is trying something crazy new and different with the series. Star Fox is just an on rails shooter, where Zelda Wii U is a gigantic open world game, trying a lot of new ideas.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

I said come in! posted:

Star Fox is just an on rails shooter

At least I certainly hope so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suspicious Cook posted:

Pretty much, my biggest fear is Nintendo will not make a on rails shooter. The last time they did that with Star Fox, it really sucked.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Suspicious Cook posted:

I have a bad feeling it's gonna take on elements of Command and Thunderbirds what with those weird giant robot and CCTV tower defence E3 demos that are supposedly related to Starfox.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Szmitten posted:

I have a bad feeling it's gonna take on elements of Command and Thunderbirds what with those weird giant robot and CCTV tower defence E3 demos that are supposedly related to Starfox.

I hope everything looks like puppets on strings.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

I hope everything looks like puppets on strings.

You know what? This would actually be a really awesome artistic style to go with.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I did iiiiiiit! I beat Metroid Prime 2! :toot:

Final Boss: a bitch and a half. I died.... 3 times against each of the "final" bosses.

Good game! Super stressful at the end though, Christ. I guess now it's on to Metroid Prime 3!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm always glad to see people enjoying the Metroid Prime games, they're so awesome. :3:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So anyone want to make any predictions of series we'll see between now and the end of the Wii U's lifespan? Basically E3 2015+2016 predictions.

Things I think are likely:
A Metroid title (Retro's doing something after DK Tropical Freeze came out a year ago).
A proper Kirby title (not Rainbow Curse). I feel that this is likely as those are always Nintendo consoles' swan songs.

Things I think are reasonably plausible:

A new Punch-Out. I mean, look at the Wii U gamepad. It's the ideal device for Punch-Out. IIRC the Wii one did pretty well and Mac's pretty popular in Smash. Also, Punch-Out is a series that isn't very resource-intensive...as fun as it is, cool HD models of the people Mac are fighting and backgrounds are pretty much all you need on the visual side. I could see that in 2016.
A new Animal Crossing.
A few HD remakes. Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess strike me as likely candidates.

Things I think are unlikely, but still possible:

A new Duck Hunt. I feel that just like Brawl brought back Pit just to make a new Kid Icarus, Smash 4 must have tried to revive interest in Duck Hunt for a reason.
A...new Wave Race? We haven't had one since the Gamecube days and Nintendo likes putting out games like that to show just how ridiculously pretty its games can end up. Ditto Pilotwings.

Thoughts?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

I did iiiiiiit! I beat Metroid Prime 2! :toot:

Final Boss: a bitch and a half. I died.... 3 times against each of the "final" bosses.

Good game! Super stressful at the end though, Christ. I guess now it's on to Metroid Prime 3!

Have fun with Prime 3.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Mario Golf Wii U

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wii mUsic :getin:

Tap on the gamepad to drum, blow to play wind instruments. Amiibos unlock songs from their games. Also Retro has to make it at Miyamoto's insistence.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

I said come in! posted:

You know what? This would actually be a really awesome artistic style to go with.

Agreed. I hope Nintendo keeps doing things like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Wooly World but changes the aesthetic every time. So we can get Star Fox Marionette, Scrap Metal Metroid, and Jim Henson Presents: Xenoblade - The Nopon take Manhatten.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I said come in! posted:

I was being dead serious with that post. I mean, have all of the ships and such be dangling and wobbly would be great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sire Oblivion posted:

I was being dead serious with that post. I mean, have all of the ships and such be dangling and wobbly would be great.

Fox and Falco and co. would be hand puppets :allears:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Zelda 2:

Just need to grab the heart container on the shore, the thunder spell and the last two dungeons.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Suspicious Cook posted:

Agreed. I hope Nintendo keeps doing things like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Wooly World but changes the aesthetic every time. So we can get Star Fox Marionette, Scrap Metal Metroid, and Jim Henson Presents: Xenoblade - The Nopon take Manhatten.

Only after Feltroid and Animal Crossing: Denim Denizens.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Fox and Falco and co. would be hand puppets :allears:

No, Supermarionation like Thunderbirds, as said before. In fact, that was the original art style for the SNES game's marketing materials!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Super Mario Nation

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Scrap Metal Metroid

so basically the swapper then

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Wario Crayoland, Pokemon Toy Box, Donkey Kong Wooden Adventure.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Stupid dragon boss is annoying me. Meh...I'll get him!

E: yeah! gently caress you dragon.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 28, 2015

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Francis posted:

so basically the swapper then
The Swapper was primarily clay.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Anime Curator posted:

Mario Golf Wii U

This. And a sequel to Strikers.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

BattleMaster posted:

Super Mario Nation

Very nice. :golfclap:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

When is Nintendo going to release the second track list for the Mario Kart DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Jonas Albrecht posted:

When is Nintendo going to release the second track list for the Mario Kart DLC.

Releasing this track list in 2015 is no longer our priority, please understand

• Locked thread