Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

I am 2002 member if any of you leak are leaks I will personally get you banned from goons!!!!!!!

!!!!!

:krad: :master: :cumpolice:
:sweep::megaman:

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Goat Pillager posted:

http://captricosakara.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/captricosakara

The lovely links this captain's signature lead us to.

I hate everything.

I can't click these because I'm on a public computer, but if his sig is linked to anything with NSFW content, report him on the forums to get his forums account permabanned.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

-Troika- posted:

I can't click these because I'm on a public computer, but if his sig is linked to anything with NSFW content, report him on the forums to get his forums account permabanned.

You're messing with a man's livelihood here, Troika. There's 20-60 dollars a month on the line.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

-Troika- posted:

Doesn't look like it is. NMS perhaps, but seeing a bunch of sonic the hedgehog looking things with star trek ships is probably not technically NSFW.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Valatar posted:

Doesn't look like it is. NMS perhaps, but seeing a bunch of sonic the hedgehog looking things with star trek ships is probably not technically NSFW.

There are some nudes, but he also explicitly advertises that he draws nudes and characters in sexually explicit positions. I reported him to Askray anyway.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I should probably get off my rear end and fly those Kobali cruisers to get the T6 trait out of them, but meh :effort: What's the current fastest way to rank up a ship?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Valatar posted:

I should probably get off my rear end and fly those Kobali cruisers to get the T6 trait out of them, but meh :effort: What's the current fastest way to rank up a ship?

Patrols.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh hey, I was totally wrong about running out of missions at level 55. The game just stopped offering me missions while I was on Kobali Prime. I thought I'd check in again at 56, and there are heaps to do. After playing through three full story missions and a patrol, I'm still level 56.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Still, that's farther than I expected you'd manage.

Also Kobali Prime is such a loving waste. If it was set up like the voth battlezone it would have been fun...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
No marks, gently caress all experience. What's the point?

I've gotta say the mission content has been reasonably good, too. The episode aboard the Llieset was really good, and of course the episode in which a bunch of Talaxians get slaughtered is my favourite in the game.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

At this point, what're the odds the summer event ship is just a T6 corvette with a pilot boff slot?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Delta Recruitment rewards are up. They're more generous than I expected, given how loving stingy Cryptic's become with rewards as of late, but they're still not amazing. They would have been "eh, I guess?" about a year ago.

Highlights:

The account unlocks grant up to 845 of any rep mark, to all characters. That's enough to completely level a rep (and then some), as long as you have a sponsorship token for it.

And for completing all the story-line missions,

Star Trek Online posted:

Photonic Engineering Bridge Officer Candidate (fully customizable!)

:confuoot:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That'll go great with my emergency medical hologram and MACO hologram boffs. :v:

I was briefly tempted to swap mains to a tactical char, but I have so much sunk cost on Kahr (and not even the ships, I've got plenty c-store boats, but just the boffs and doffs and lobi gear and plas leech consoles and...) that it would be hundreds of millions to get a new character to a similar level of functionality, and that's ignoring the sheer intolerable grind to get specializations into a usable state. In fact, the way there's no nerf to specialization leveling (you know, the one thing that made people stop rolling/using alts in general) pretty much means everyone's going to level a character for the account rewards and then ignore them forever. :effort:

Trebuchet King posted:

At this point, what're the odds the summer event ship is just a T6 corvette with a pilot boff slot?
For gently caress's sake don't even give them that idea. Though yeah it will probably have a pilot seat regardless of what it is, now that you mention it.

Sure as gently caress won't be seeing a Risian bridge though with all the staff being laid off or quitting in disgust.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If only it was a risian carrier that launched reshirts on surfboards.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Haha, the mysterious Future Captain who gives you missions and hints is going to be Butts, isn't it?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

If it were all that and double XP it might get me to log in and make a new character but :effort:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, just think of all the exciting content you can do on your main meanwhile! :effort:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Yeah, no thank you on rolling anymore alts, let me just know when they announce a free new ship I'll never actually unbox after getting.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I'm up for this. None of my previous characters are well geared enough to properly indulge in that sort of twinking, so it'll be a boost for me. Plus, free hologram man!

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
Note that if you plan to make characters during this awful Delta nonsense, I would highly recommend getting a plas leech while it is still 44m before the price inevitably spikes.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Goat Pillager posted:

Note that if you plan to make characters during this awful Delta nonsense, I would highly recommend getting a plas leech while it is still 44m before the price inevitably spikes.

Who the hell would make a feddie?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Those rewards are utterly useless for alts since they don't even come close to the dilithium cost of a whole new set of space/ground rep gear or the massive upgrade costs to Mk 14.

But by all means go roll those alts. Sure its worth it for a dead game.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Are these alts on your same account or do you need to set up a second account through referral? Cause if it is the latter that's not worth it I think.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Goat Pillager posted:

Maybe more than one, if the prices are gonna spike. Maybe get a supply to flip.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Berke Negri posted:

Are these alts on your same account or do you need to set up a second account through referral? Cause if it is the latter that's not worth it I think.

Same account.

Recruitment has nothing to do with inviting people. It is a 'war' thing.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The dilex is going to get ugly.

This will reduce demand for dil and increase the supply.

All these free rep marks for every toon means it's just a month or whatever or logging in to click and every toon can finish a rep tier and collect the dil bonus at the end.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

It is not a coincidence that there is a bajoran on there.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

hakimashou posted:

How are these people unemployed?!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So... this guy is claiming that the asian guy standing to the right of the yiffwolf is non-human? Isn't that racist or something?

[Edit: Also, green isn't a Starfleet division color, traitor. Clearly this is some subversive alien anti-Starfleet propaganda.]

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Valatar posted:

So... this guy is claiming that the asian guy standing to the right of the yiffwolf is non-human? Isn't that racist or something?

[Edit: Also, green isn't a Starfleet division color, traitor. Clearly this is some subversive alien anti-Starfleet propaganda.]

You'd think he'd have given the guy vulcan ears. You'd think.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think he's supposed to be a hologram?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Valatar posted:

I think they're acknowledging everyone would roll a Romulan for OPness. Also, that guy's clearly a half-Saiyan.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Valatar posted:

He's not asian, just anime, which is the definition of sub-human.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

hakimashou posted:

fuckingfurries.jpg

Didn't think this looked too bad, until I scrolled down.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

Didn't think this looked too bad, until I scrolled down.

Getting to the bottom of that image was the first time in a while I've said "gently caress you" out loud to my monitor.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
As long as there are freaks like that in STO we still have a reason to log in, at least.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Aleth posted:

As long as there are freaks like that in STO we still have a reason to log in, at least.

Indeed, and bear in mind the guy made that picture because he was commissioned and paid to by another sto pubbie.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

hakimashou posted:

I had to double-take. Normally, I don't even see Bajorans...wow.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Surprising nobody, they've made the Galaxy, Negh'Var and D'deridex put on a skimpy dress and new lipstick and trotted them back out in front of the buyers. Don't worry guys, this will solve the financial problems forever.

In other news, I'm actually considering firing up a fed newbie to put in a A2B fleet Avenger for the delta thing, does anyone have a spare plasmonic leech gathering dust that I could have? I gave my spare away to a goon a few months back when I wasn't expecting to ever make another federation character. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

On the upside, Cryptic's doing cleaned up models for the Galaxy and Negh'var that actually match the show for a change. On the downside, the new T6 models are abortions and pretty clear proof that Cryptic must have lost some good artists.

:laffo: at that d'deridex

What's the over/under on cryptic throwing hangar decks on these to drive sales?

• Locked thread