Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

StarkRavingMad posted:

Have they done "cashing in during a match makes it a three-way" before? I hadn't heard of that rule in the past.

Closest I can think of wasn't actually a MitB cash-in ("He's here!" Edge title victory) but I always assumed that there was nothing stoping that from happening other than it is usually better to wait until you only have one dead opponent rather than two.

Actually it is loving amazing how many times Edge bullshitted his way into a title win. God Edge owned.

Squall fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Roddy's loving that poo poo. I'm happy he seems to be doing well.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

call your friend a moron for betting against The Game

He is now clued in that The Game always goes loving over

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Rehabbing Roman into a guy who can take a beating and come back for more is a good way to have people not despise him at Wrestlemania 32.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Eltoasto posted:

Were you hoping for some big Sting push? This was a one-off, it doesn't really matter who won as neither of them will be fighting for a year.

No but it would of set up a Sting vs Taker match nicely. Now he looks like a chump but a lot can change in a year so we'll see.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Teddybear posted:

Now we get Dean chasing Seth for the title.

brock, reigns and orton have more legit claims

who's up for a 5-way

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Here's a scenario for you: that exact Reigns/Lesnar match happened, only it was with the Roman Reigns who was fresh off of hitting guys with Polaris missile looking spears and triple powerbombs instead of after several solid months of writing that could not have been more calculated to make him look like a gigantic bitch baby fucknut. Hoo boy.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Valeyard posted:

He is now clued in that The Game always goes loving over

All is right with the world

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cole did a really good job in the main ecvent imo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Event*, sorry

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Cardboard Box posted:

it was the powerbomb through the ladder thats bridged between the ring and barricade that they do in like every multiman ladder match

oh yeah that that was nasty

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
Sting and Wyatt should've won their respective matches, but beyond that I thought the show was fine. The main event in particular was real good and benefited everyone involved.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Teddybear posted:

lol good one

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MotU posted:

oh yeah that that was nasty

it was onyl bad if the step caught his head when it broke, he took the bump fine otherwise

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Pretty much agreed. Five minutes of good booking at the end doesn't undo a mediocre 4 hour show, and the only thing I've learned about Reigns is that he's carryable when he's getting his rear end kicked but not good when he's in control. There was a lot of obvious filler, a lot of matches whose results helped nobody, a lot of old guys who I don't really want to see taking bumps anymore, and no real hot finishes for anything except the main (and only because someone not promoted for the match dropped in). People can argue "better than expected", but my anticipation was ambivalent up until Brock said he was re-signing, because at least then it wasn't a foregone conclusion. "Passable with a good finish" is fine for Survivor Series or Payback, but for Wrestlemania the only thing that hyped it up was the pageantry. Otherwise this could've been a Summerslam or MITB, Undertaker & Sting appearances aside. I'm not just being a complainy smark or whatever either, I just think WWE hasn't put on a truly great show in the past year and I think this show utterly pales in comparison to Wrestlemania 30.

That said, I'm looking forward to Raw tomorrow because post-Mania Raw is always fun and the crowd should be amazing.

This is my exact feeling but with the addition that all the matches felt like they were in slow motion and it took me out of everything.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Teddybear posted:

Dean is dead.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thauros posted:

I agree it took a great match down a notch in isolation, but it was sensible booking that kept Brock really strong, let Reigns have his best singles (until the end I guess) match ever, and enabled a heel cash in and surprise champ without making him look either stupid or weak.
i'm not gonna say it "added" to the match, just that it gave it an ending i didn't expect at all and legit made me mark out.

people are gonna talk about that main event as reigns best singles match, which is hilarious because he did NOTHING in it other than take bumps well. i mean that literally, he had maybe one or two offensive spots before he started to MOVES OF DOOM. his moves of doom hulkout looked loving ridiculous too, especially compared to how brutal lesnar had been the entire time.

loved the cashin, i legitimately did not know how it would play off and it worked great. it's also a genius finish because of how it made everyone look, regardless of the fact that i don't think they should be making roman look good at all.

he kicked out of three f-5s -_-

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

yea ok posted:

cole did a really good job in the main ecvent imo

the announcers did a good job all in all

i guess vince had a stroke or something after cena won

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Smoking Crow posted:

They were actually fine in the divas match so something has got to be up there

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
wyatt taker happened one year too early. taker needed the win this year and bray takes his power next.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Smoking Crow posted:

Vince was talking with the police, filling out Ambrose's death report

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Four-Way Tag Team match was good but I only caught half of it.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal was a big nothing and I doubt they'll bother to do one next year.

Ladder match was very good with a lot of guys taking dangerous bumps.

Orton/Rollins was very good and the finish owned.

Triple H/Sting was the perfect Sting match and way better than what I was expecting.

Women's tag team match didn't look horrible, I guess. Watching Paige straighten her hair after taking a finisher was lol.

John Cena/Rusev was ho-hum outside of the Rusev entrance and the springboard stunner.

Undertaker/Wyatt was not terrible but it wasn't good either. Not really one interesting bump and Undertaker just now oversells everything, making him look like more of an old man.

Main event owned all the way down but Roman needs to develop as a character and he won't. I am OK with Brock never taking a pin or submission for the rest of his career, I mark for him.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

cole is totally fine when he's allowed to just call a match, sometimes even very good, its mostly the other commentators who drag him down

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A step down from XXX but better than it had any right to be. Quality wrestling made up for a bad build and some unfortunate booking.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh, and even with them mentioning the title during Fujinami's HoF induction I'm still amazed they mentioned Brock's IWGP reign, kudos to JBL on that

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

cole is totally fine when he's allowed to just call a match, sometimes even very good, its mostly the other commentators who drag him down

ya i was getting mad at jbl but about half way through i guess i tuned him out or he chilled out

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

FAROOQ posted:

wyatt taker happened one year too early. taker needed the win this year and bray takes his power next.

maybe setting up for a rematch next year where bray goes over?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

It's Vince. It's always Vince, screaming in their ear telling them what to talk about besides the action in the ring.

Like JBL and King have an inclination towards dad jokes but he encourages their worst tendencies.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I dunno how to feel about the show like..I really liked some parts, there was nothing i overtly hated or anything. I was disappointed the tag match was the pre-show cuz that was pretty fun in itself.

I didn't like how long the Authority-Rock-Rousey thing went because it felt like they were just biding time for it to get dark enough for Wyatt vs Taker.

I was confused why the nWo came out to help Sting other than "because they were also in WCW".

I liked Rusev's tank entrance and the match, don't know what the heck that springboard stunner was and it ended on a really lovely AA but I wasn't mad Cena won.

Like I enjoyed the show but I don't think I can say it was a great show. I dunno what I was expecting though so ultimately what's it matter?

EDIT: Also SPARKLE LADDER

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

HHH's entrance owns loving bones, that's all.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

lamentable dustman posted:

No but it would of set up a Sting vs Taker match nicely. Now he looks like a chump but a lot can change in a year so we'll see.

Not only that, if he beat Triple H, it would have cushioned the blow of Undertaking beating him next year (cause we know there's no way in hell that Sting beats the UT)

Now, unless he gets one big match before a potential Undertaker match (but against who?), he'll come out of his WWE run with two major losses without ever tasting a single bit of glory. Major waste of Sting's potential IMHO.

But WCW must still be buried at all costs, according to Vince

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh fine, I guess it was pretty amazing now that I see it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Good Listener posted:

I was confused why the nWo came out to help Sting other than "because they were also in WCW".

it's the only two things people know about wcw

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

It was really clear that the booth was told to not be dickheads during the women's match. Too bad the match was lovely and had zero stakes or story behind it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The only matches that went the way I wanted was orton/rollins and taker.

Boooo hisses 2/10 wrestlemania.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

It was 15+ years ago, obviously little details like "heel" and "face" don't matter!!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

Maybe they are learning that they don't have to scream and yell over every single moment?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Good Listener posted:

It actually makes sense for Nash, they were partners in the nWo face Wolfpac faction for much of 1998. Sting actually was in the nWo though never allies with Hogan and Nash

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Jastiger posted:

The only matches that went the way I wanted was orton/rollins and taker.

Boooo hisses 2/10 wrestlemania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG5GOH2CO1k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Thauros posted:

Oh, and even with them mentioning the title during Fujinami's HoF induction I'm still amazed they mentioned Brock's IWGP reign, kudos to JBL on that

On his first night! gently caress Japan, we're the big leagues!

• Locked thread