Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

just looked up the scorpion on wiki. don't think it'd buy but this gimmicky thing I might as a weird rear end t10 premium?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M50_Ontos

Looking at the pen of the gun:

quote:

The original U.S. HEAT round penetrated more than 400 mm of armor.

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
What if it was one tank.. with six guns

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

e: Primelaw I need advice - is the Challenger playable, or is it Primelaw-"playable"?

e2: same with VK3001P.

I don't have the Challenger, but I grinded out the 3001P, albeit a long time ago (when the 3001H was tier 6 :rip:). It's fast in a straight line, but sluggish to maneuver and accelerate. Your gun choices are the 75/70 and the 88/56. It's kinda big, with mediocre armor, but aside from that it strikes me as being more similar to the Hellcat now, post-nerf. It's certainly playable, but more like a quick TD and less like a medium because of the lack of maneuverability.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

rossmum posted:

The Matilda IV owns at tier,

Yeah, I played a few more games and revised my opinion:

Then I fitted vents, rammer, and spall liner, and started carrying 15 gold shells. It is the most unassuming skull-fucker death machine I have ever seen.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Found this gem on a post detailing the Scorpion's stats.

Please, tell us more about how Panthers are the master tank, silly pub. :allears:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Found this gem on a post detailing the Scorpion's stats.

Please, tell us more about how Panthers are the master tank, silly pub. :allears:

Krupp Stahl

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
How many Panther hulls are we up to now?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shadeoses posted:

VK 30.02(M), Panther, Panther II, Hitler Panther, War Crime Panther, Panzer V/IV, Awfulpanther, GW Panther, Jagdpanther, Jagdpanther II

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 30, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NTRabbit posted:

VK 30.02(M), Panther, Panther II, Hitler Panther, War Crime Panther, Panzer V/IV, Awfulpanther, GW Panther, Jagdpanther, Jagdpanther II

Don't forget that the WTF is eventually going to become a WTP.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Shadeoses posted:

None that he can drive well.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

xthetenth posted:

None that he can drive well.

This is the correct answer.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Things I've learned the past few days:

1) Best way to blow all of your credits is to do T10 exhibition matches.

2) Steel Horse is a goon?

3) T28 is supposedly the unicum tank of choice, and if you get one shotted in it by a 183:
"LOL Looks like the OTTER shitlord cant carry XD XD XD"

4) CDC struggles in carrying games where 6 of your teammates die in the first minute and a half

5) AMX 30 is coming out probably the end of the week/start of next week. I need to bite the bullet and finish grinding in the 13 90.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Hitler Panther, best Panther.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tahirovic posted:

Hitler Panther, best Panther.

This is true, it is generally quite good even without pref mm.

I think its credit multiplier is poo poo thought cause doing the same damage in my FCM 50 will net me like 60% more credits.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
So does my T-34-85M not give extra credits if not why not :argh:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

maev posted:

So does my T-34-85M not give extra credits if not why not :argh:

Because go gently caress yourself.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hey does that brit tier 7 Heavy premium come out in 9.7? I am a blessed chosen one and have done well in all the brit heavies and look forward to playing a fake caern in tier 7.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

5) AMX 30 is coming out probably the end of the week/start of next week. I need to bite the bullet and finish grinding in the 13 90.

Batchat ontrack event is on. Play the 1390 in strongholds and make all the XP and go fast and have fun. 1390 so good.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Client forced an update this morning, and now when I launch it just CTDs before I even get to the login page. I am probably not as upset about this as I would be if I wasn't so sick of the game, but I at least want to get logged in for my free poo poo. Anyone else having trouble?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

WayAbvPar posted:

Client forced an update this morning, and now when I launch it just CTDs before I even get to the login page. I am probably not as upset about this as I would be if I wasn't so sick of the game, but I at least want to get logged in for my free poo poo. Anyone else having trouble?

It seemed to take a lot longer to log in for me, but it did log in. Anyone know what the update was about?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

WayAbvPar posted:

Deleting my Gnomefather's sound mods fixed the problem for me.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

mmkay posted:

Deleting my Gnomefather's sound mods fixed the problem for me.

Is there a file I can rename, or do I have to go through the modpack uninstall/reinstall?

e- renamed the item defs folder under scripts and that seems to have stopped the crashes for now.

WayAbvPar fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 30, 2015

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know who to thank to for the new 2PAC's clan symbol but whoever it is deserves a smack on the lips because it's loving beautiful :eyepop:

Also, i spent so long without playing that i can barely aim. Either that or the vanilla crosshairs are super trash.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mans posted:

I don't know who to thank to for the new 2PAC's clan symbol but whoever it is deserves a smack on the lips because it's loving beautiful :eyepop:

Also, i spent so long without playing that i can barely aim. Either that or the vanilla crosshairs are super trash.

My god. Also yeah the vanilla crosshairs are trash and you need the serverside reticle to hit stuff. Or just autoaim and fire while moving and turning you'll hit 80% of shots. For instance, my Cruiser 2 derp snapshotting a 1C in the finals of a tournament last night.

Seriously we brought 2 cruiser 2s with derps and never aimed and it was fantastic.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I wish my arty was half that accurate

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Azhais posted:

I wish my arty was half that accurate

Not joking, turn hull, center on target, fire before aiming. Use Battle Assistant if you want and do exactly what I just did any you'll hit WAY more often than you think.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

Jesus loving christ :stare: Reduce alpha to 180 on 20pdr, increase RoF to that :D Big bulky Comet permatrackin' er'rybody.

e: Primelaw I need advice - is the Challenger playable, or is it Primelaw-"playable"?

e2: same with VK3001P.

Never played the challenger so i have no idea. I don't play this terrible game often enough now to grind. VK3001P is pretty decent, albeit a bit slow for my taste. I preferred the 75 on it, much like the DB

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm just curious...

How much do you think y'all spent on pixel tanks last year? I'm going over my tax poo poo and thinking that holy gently caress I didn't need $100 worth of poo poo.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Missing Name posted:

I'm just curious...

How much do you think y'all spent on pixel tanks last year? I'm going over my tax poo poo and thinking that holy gently caress I didn't need $100 worth of poo poo.

I think the package with the KV-5/220/B2/Tetrarch was 2013? Zero dollars.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I'm still living off of gold from those lovely "get one of the 100 best matches" contests they used to run when they added new lines.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
So the AMX 40 is a godawful tank. Thankfully, I have fellow goons to help me get through this poo poo. Just had this match

Can you spot how many Tier 6s I outdamaged? gently caress pubbies.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Two AMX 40 and a Grant is one hell of a platoon.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

Two AMX 40 and a Grant is one hell of a platoon.

One of the AMX 40s needs to switch to the SAu 40.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010

Hellsau posted:

One of the AMX 40s needs to switch to the SAu 40.

I've already done that once, no need to aggravate the wound any further.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
amx-40 platoons should just get immediately disconnected and banned for 24 hours to think about their choices in life

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
How many years has this game been out? And cunts will still rush the valley on Lakeville. Jesus Christ, they even do it when the cap is in the town. It's the most consistently predictable piece of stupidity I have seen in any multiplayer game ever. Heaviest tank? Into the valley!

An evening of getting 1200+ damage games in my Matilda IV and I can't get a win because every other player of this game has severe Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
i was shocked the other day when, in a surprising twist, the blood red team charged the cap instead of the usual: the direction of as far away from the objective as possible

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

WayAbvPar posted:

It's sound mods. I did an upgrade of my OMC with no sound mods and it works fine now, before it was wonky as all hell, wouldn't even open up the game after I pressed play.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Deleting res_mods/9.6/scripts/item_defs or whatever the folder is solves the crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

How many years has this game been out? And cunts will still rush the valley on Lakeville. Jesus Christ, they even do it when the cap is in the town. It's the most consistently predictable piece of stupidity I have seen in any multiplayer game ever. Heaviest tank? Into the valley!

An evening of getting 1200+ damage games in my Matilda IV and I can't get a win because every other player of this game has severe Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

I've found a helpful indicator of your team planning to rush valley is when someone on the other team complains about XVM giving them a 20% chance of winning. As soon as that happens all green heavies rush the valley and nobody goes town, every time.