Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sorry, but you do like the boring kind of sandbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Great Joe posted:

Sorry, but you do like the boring kind of sandbox.

Speaking of State of Decay can anyone tell me wtf is up with the breakdown mode? I figured it was supposed to be more open and last longer but when I started there was like 3 choices available for a homebase (with one of them being the church-base no one will want to choose because you're forced into it in the first game anyway) and I got the RV up and running while my first base was just starting to get into it's groove.

I know you're supposed to keep new game+ing it but I figured the RV was going to be difficult to put together and you'd only want to do it when you were about to exhaust your games resources?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

If somebody sends you a party or game invite and you miss the little pop-up, is there someplace they show up afterward? IIRC, on 360 they'd show up in Messages, but it seems like they're gone if you miss them on the bone. Am I missing something or is this another example of Microsoft's stellar UI design?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ethanol posted:

I'm about to get to blighttown, which is the place where every one of my attempts to beat this game burns out. I can feel my willpower to play decrease with every second I spend in the depths.

i just finished blighttown/quelaag for the first time last night actually. you're a baby. the hardest fight in there is the frame rate

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Hulk Krogan posted:

If somebody sends you a party or game invite and you miss the little pop-up, is there someplace they show up afterward? IIRC, on 360 they'd show up in Messages, but it seems like they're gone if you miss them on the bone. Am I missing something or is this another example of Microsoft's stellar UI design?

Yeah, it's the little notification thing that should be in the top left of the home screen. It's not in a good spot compared to how the 360 did it.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Thanks, I forgot all about that stupid thing.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Awesome! posted:

i just finished blighttown/quelaag for the first time last night actually. you're a baby. the hardest fight in there is the frame rate

It's not really the difficulty of the fights, I pretty much have the game up to blighttown memorized, however I do make a point of not reading about how to progress and don't know where to go next out of a certain area I'm in which has come to be 'the end of dark souls 1' for me. Of course I always have to start a new character every time I go back to the game, so there's that, I can't just pick up where I left off a few months ago, I can never ever do that, so I generally get tired of the game by the number of hours it takes to get to blighttown

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ethanol posted:

however I do make a point of not reading about how to progress and don't know where to go next out of a certain area I'm in which has come to be 'the end of dark souls 1' for me.
in blighttown, you go down.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Awesome! posted:

in blighttown, you go down.

plz use spoiler tags so i don't have to read this

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

where are you actually getting stuck though? it's pretty straight forward from getting the key from gaping dragon and then heading down down down

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

let me help you ethanol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The joysticks on this billion dollar controller suck.

Down doesn't mean down-left Microsoft.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Aphrodite posted:

I thought the joysticks were an improvement, does this make me a bad person or some kind of pedophile (I did own a Vita at one point)?

In my defense I've only spent any real time with the Bonetroller on PC.

Mr SoupTeeth fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 31, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've done all the crazy trench runs in Ace Combat games but can't do poo poo in GTA because they're so bad.

Part of that is how terrible flight is in GTA, but it also toggles settings just trying to move down menu items.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Awesome! posted:

let me help you ethanol

I'm just about to face the gay dragon although this is not the first time I will beat him and continue onwards, I don't need help.. everytime i boot up this game, it's just a lonely sad experience, the echoing dungeon sounds, the lack of dialogue...

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty sure there are more xbone sticks on PS4 controllers than there are on xbone controllers from what I've seen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The 'joystick' is not the little rubber covering.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
L3 button died from too much gaming, crafty was right

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
will the dark souls 2 release on xbox one be at 900p? I wouldn't be surprised at all if bloodborne runs better on ps4 than dark souls 2 will run on the xbox one

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

does this make me a bad person or some kind of pedophile

Are these two things mutually exclusive in your mind? :troll:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SBJ posted:

will the dark souls 2 release on xbox one be at 900p? I wouldn't be surprised at all if bloodborne runs better on ps4 than dark souls 2 will run on the xbox one

Do you even have to ask at this point?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

SBJ posted:

I'm pretty sure they're both 1080p, digital foundry snuck in the comparison during a half-baked bloodborne vs dark souls 2 comparison article. In any case I'm sorry for anyone buying dark souls 2, it's easily the worst of the series.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I'm pretty sure they're both 1080p, digital foundry snuck in the comparison during a half-baked bloodborne vs dark souls 2 comparison article. In any case I'm sorry for anyone buying dark souls 2, it's easily the worst of the series.

actually, blood borne notwithstanding, DS2 is the best and only complainers disagree

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The best one is Demons. Dark Souls 2 is the worst.

Stux disagrees so you know I'm right.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

The best one is Demons. Dark Souls 2 is the worst.

Stux disagrees so you know I'm right.

pictured here: a typical complainer baby who can't let go of their nostalgia

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've never played a Souls game. You just got trolled. Owned.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants
https://xboxdvr.com/ has updated their site to make it easier to share screenshots with your friends and loved ones!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

pictured here: a typical complainer baby who can't let go of their nostalgia

hmmm .....

well I'm just going to drop in and say dark souls 2 is probably worse than dark souls 2, but better than dark souls 2. anyways if you're considering buying it on xbone pr ps4 because you sadly can't listen to advice on how to purchase souls games at $7.50 on steam, rest assured that despite what goons say or the fact i've only played a couple hours of it, dark souls 2 is a good game in its own right and is better than 90% of games on xbox and ps4 right now

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Wheany posted:

Are these two things mutually exclusive in your mind? :troll:

I suppose I could be a bad person and not a pedophile/Vita owner.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please dont drag the innocent playstation vita into your deranged pedo fantasies

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Goddamn, Dying Light also ends in a series of lovely QTEs? What has Resident Evil 4 done to boss fights.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

drat i thought i had killed the thread

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Awesome! posted:

drat i thought i had killed the thread

Unless you are a golem summoned to embody and carry out the will of E3 2013, you thought wrong

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saladman posted:

Goddamn, Dying Light also ends in a series of lovely QTEs? What has Resident Evil 4 done to boss fights.

lol boss fights? what is this the loving 90's?

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

lol boss fights? what is this the loving 90's?

Other than some FPSes and genres where it makes no sense like puzzle games, I'm having a hard time thinking of a single game that doesn't have boss fights. poo poo, even a lot of puzzle games have 'boss fights'.

E: Maybe Grand Theft Auto?? Saints Row had bosses.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
GTA5's heists are an analogue for boss fights. GTA4 doesn't really have any real obvious ones.

Kind of hard to count anything out though when "boss fight" just means something harder and a gateway for progression.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ethanol posted:

I'm just about to face the gay dragon although this is not the first time I will beat him and continue onwards, I don't need help.. everytime i boot up this game, it's just a lonely sad experience, the echoing dungeon sounds, the lack of dialogue...

Lol you actually go through the sewers?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Stupid question but where do I go to change my gamerpic? Or at least, change it to something other than my avatar?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kingtheninja posted:

Stupid question but where do I go to change my gamerpic? Or at least, change it to something other than my avatar?

The large vertical pane on the left of the Friends tab will let you go to an "about me" section where you can do that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

echronorian posted:

L3 button died from too much gaming, crafty was right

I always am

• Locked thread