Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I would be cool with them just using SSJ1 or 2 from now on those those forms look fine and are what DBZ is pretty much known for. SSJ3 and SSJ4 look lovely. Hate on SSJ God and blue hair all you want, those forms look a whole lot better than SSJ3 and 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gammatron 64 posted:

I would be cool with them just using SSJ1 or 2 from now on those those forms look fine and are what DBZ is pretty much known for. SSJ3 and SSJ4 look lovely. Hate on SSJ God and blue hair all you want, those forms look a whole lot better than SSJ3 and 4.

I'm not entirely sure how anyone can say God looks good. It makes Goku look anorexic. The sheer loss in muscle plus the big anime eyes makes him impossible to take seriously too.

Super Saiyan 3 looks awful too, but in a "maybe he went a bit too far" way. Super Saiyan God looks weak. If I saw a person like that in real life, I'd tell them to please eat a bit more.

Also I always liked Super Saiyan 4, as non-canon as it is. The hair and eyes make Goku/Vegeta look threatening as hell, and the idea of a controlled Great Ape is probably what the Super Saiyan should've been to begin with. The chest hair doesn't annoy me, either.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not entirely sure how anyone can say God looks good. It makes Goku look anorexic. The sheer loss in muscle plus the big anime eyes makes him impossible to take seriously too.

It makes him look away more in line with Toriyama's usual non-DBZ art which is instantly better than anything else. Seriously that cast page earlier was fantastic. Also if you can buy the fact that Beerus is super scary and powerful while looking like a skinny hairless cat you can buy that Goku doesn't need massive muscles to be a tough guy.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Blaze Dragon posted:

Super Saiyan 3 looks awful too, but in a "maybe he went a bit too far" way. Super Saiyan God looks weak. If I saw a person like that in real life, I'd tell them to please eat a bit more.

Because he's using God Kai, just like Beerus, who is even more sickly and weak looking.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

tbp posted:

another thought -> why did it start taking goku less and less time to turn ss3. it takes him like 20 mins the first time, then to show goten and trunks takes like 3 mins, then against super buu its instant! utterly ridiculous

I wish the Get Out frog smiley of this still existed.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Blaze Dragon posted:

The first time Goku transforms, he's trying to stall Buu. He goes through all three Super forms in order, and even shows off different ways to transform. After that he's transforming to fight so he's not going to waste time.

he wouldnt take such a dishonorable route

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the animation from when goku fight bills as a ssj3 is really good

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
There has yet to be a single Saiyan form I don't like...with the possible exception of the Fake Super Saiyan from the Lord Slug movie. 1 and 2 are a bit too similar, yeah, but a lot of fanart I see of SSJ2 goes out of its way to emphasize the extra-spikey hair and/or lightning arcs. SSJ3 really goes whole-hog with the primal fury thing, what with the browline and extra hair. My only complaint about SSJ4 is that it doesn't really flow, designwise, with the rest of the forms, but I really like it otherwise. The fur and beastly look really work for me, plus the return of the tail is a nice touch. God form, I dunno, I just really like the slim and trim look to it. Its not about blinding golden radiance, its instead more elegant, with a smoothly flowing aura and the like.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I didn't like the first god form, but I love the new blue version. It manages to be even cooler then SSJ4, formally the coolest.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

MH Knights posted:

I wish the Get Out frog smiley of this still existed.

You're welcome. :haw:

RE: Super forms. I liked SS4 for similar reasons as posted above, it looks vaguely threatening but the idea of a fully controlled Oozoru form without the bulk seems very fitting.

I also like SSG because its going away from "Maximum muscles." and into something new, i like new things. Blue Super form hair with the leaner physique would be fine with me.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 31, 2015

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

Goku should just wish for a stronger rival.

Trunks does it for him in Xenoverse.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Time Patroller is the good version of Pilaf.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The blue hair is kickin', stop the hater brigade, my inner 13 year old is losing his mind

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ss4 is loving terrible what is wrong some of you people.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SS4 is pretty stupid but the Big Bang Kamehameha and its x100 variant (along with its cousin the Kamehameha x10) are all rad as heck. More moves should get multipliers. Have Gohan kill a Frieza Soldier with a Masenko x25.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I like SSJ4 more than SSG although I could do without the fur. Also those redesigns look flat and not suited for high speed heavy hitting punch kicking in the slightest. I kind of hate how Vegeta looks in particular.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Monaghan posted:

ss4 is loving terrible what is wrong some of you people.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
4>god

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not entirely sure how anyone can say God looks good. It makes Goku look anorexic.

You've literally never seen a human being, he looks like an athlete instead of a body builder.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The Whis training kinda annoys me because he is telling them they need to fight with their bodies not with their minds that is kung fu 101 poo poo that Goku at least has been taught plenty of times.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

socialsecurity posted:

The Whis training kinda annoys me because he is telling them they need to fight with their bodies not with their minds that is kung fu 101 poo poo that Goku at least has been taught plenty of times.

well specifically he's telling Goku he needs to think more like Vegeta, and Vegeta that he needs to be more like Goku

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

socialsecurity posted:

Not quite. From what I understood, Whis tells Vegeta that he thinks way too much, yes. But then he tells Goku that he thinks far too little. He's telling them to find a middle point, not think every move (Vegeta), allow their bodies to move on their own but also don't be ridiculously relaxed in a fight (Goku).

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

e X posted:

My personal theory on SSJ3 is that is was some kind of supernatural form of the transformation, something that only supernatural being, like ghosts or fusions can archive. I mean, Goku technically used it after he got back to life, but since he was revived with divine life energy, I think the theory still holds.

Doesn't the revised ending of the manga imply Vegeta can do it though?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not quite. From what I understood, Whis tells Vegeta that he thinks way too much, yes. But then he tells Goku that he thinks far too little. He's telling them to find a middle point, not think every move (Vegeta), allow their bodies to move on their own but also don't be ridiculously relaxed in a fight (Goku).

Vegeta thinks too much?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Every move has to reinforce that he, Vegeta, is the Prince of All Saiyans and better than Goku. How can anyone be relaxed with that mindset?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Bee posted:

Every move has to reinforce that he, Vegeta, is the Prince of All Saiyans and better than Goku. How can anyone be relaxed with that mindset?

Goku manages to outdo his past self all the time and remains pretty relaxed about it. Vegeta should take notes.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
In the broad clinical sense, Vegeta represents the neurotic (inwardly focused) while Goku represents the psychotic (outwardly focused). (So Vegetto is a borderline. Yikes.)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He's basically saying they need to do their best to be Vegito. Who is easily stronger than both of them, so pretty good advice!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

These Penguin Village episodes remind me that I need to either read or watch Dr Slump at some point, it's always looked like Toriyama's insanity with absolutely no filters. No idea whether people like the original or remake more though.

E: Sour Man good lord. Also the voice acting is really "whoever was in the office that day" for the Penguin Village characters.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 1, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Vegeta thinks too much?

He certainly spends too much time inventing new attacks.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He certainly spends too much time inventing new attacks.

And how many attacks did Goku invent?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stairmaster posted:

And how many attacks did Goku invent?

That's a legit, good question. Super Kamehameha Wave, Feet Kamehameha Wave, Super Sayian, Super Sayian 3, The Chest Burster, Super Dragon Fist...I know there is more, but I can't think of them.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He didn't invent Super Saiyan.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Covok posted:

That's a legit, good question. Super Kamehameha Wave, Feet Kamehameha Wave, Super Sayian, Super Sayian 3, The Chest Burster, Super Dragon Fist...I know there is more, but I can't think of them.

So you're saying he invented big kamehameha, weird kamehameha, two forms he discovered but certainly didn't invent, and hitting a dude hard.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Instant Transmission is really the only unique thing about him.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Terper posted:

Instant Transmission is really the only unique thing about him.

Which he learned from an alien race. ie he didnt invent it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'll retract Super Sayian, but I think he legit invented Super Sayian 3. While there was the ancient, legendary Super Sayian, he was likely the first Super Sayian 3 ever and was the one who discovered the ability.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Which he learned from an alien race. ie he didnt invent it.
Yeah, I know. I'm just... saiyan.

Going by skills they were the first in the universe to invent, you'll probably find nothing. Some dude had probably figured out Destructo Disk before Krillin did. It's still probably his most standout move that he doesn't really share with anyone else in the crew.

I guess Kaioken for Goku could count as well, but.

Terper fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Apr 1, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Goku really is kind of a dick for not teaching anyone else Instant Transmission. It's like a grade-A utility skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Terper posted:

Yeah, I know. I'm just... saiyan.

Going by skills they were the first in the universe to invent, you'll probably find nothing. Some dude had probably figured out Destructo Disk before Krillin did. It's still probably his most standout move that he doesn't really share with anyone else in the crew.

I guess Kaioken for Goku could count as well, but.

That's kind of beside the point. Krillin thinking and experimenting with how to use his ki then coming up with "hey could I turn it into a sawblade?" is a hell of a lot different than "I know, I'll do a kamehameha... but I'll make it like super strong."

Point is, Vegeta puts considerably more thought into how to use his powers than Goku, who just kind of jumps into battle and runs with it.

• Locked thread