Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

What the gently caress did you idiots in the AL do?? You let Scrotos build an insane monster team!!!

is this news? He's been building it for like 7 seasons now! Maybe longer!

Also blame Art (as usual). Same with gardenald's team on that part, actually. And mine. Blame Art for all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Its true. Blame me. Scrotos deserves a possible WS winning team in DiMaggio though, so I'm happy to help make that happen.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

nasboat posted:

is this news? He's been building it for like 7 seasons now! Maybe longer!

Also blame Art (as usual). Same with gardenald's team on that part, actually. And mine. Blame Art for all of it.

My team isn't so much "unstoppable juggernaut" as it is "hapless idiot who tripped and fell into success"

That said, definitely blame Art.

Also I haven't traded with scrotos since s18 so you can't pin his superteam on me

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gardenald posted:

Also I haven't traded with scrotos since s18 so you can't pin his superteam on me

didn't mean to imply that, meant that Art was key in building all superteams

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
one day before I die, I'd like to discover whatever the magical formula is to having a bullpen that isn't a loving dumpster fire

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

stimpy posted:

one day before I die, I'd like to discover whatever the magical formula is to having a bullpen that isn't a loving dumpster fire

I did it by picking out what was left after free agency, and through the rule 5. Anyone can do it! :)

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

nasboat posted:

didn't mean to imply that, meant that Art was key in building all superteams

I got that, the 'you' didn't mean you, it was a plural you, we're cool bud :hfive:

Also rot in hell you bastard I hope your pitchers all get the plague and die

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

AlleyViper posted:

No high health pitcher is safe this season

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
We're basically 1/3 of the way through the season, so here's a check on how this year's World Series Champs are doing:

Not bad. Alan Hayes and Slim Norton aren't getting on base as much as I'd like, but they're still slugging/hitting overall anyway. Arodys Vega is a machine. :black101:

How's the pitching going?

:barf:

To be honest, my starting pitching has been solid but not great. The bullpen though?

:yikes:

You guys should trade me some bullpen arms.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Why do I have seven games in a row against IOWA

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

tatankatonk posted:

Why do I have seven games in a row against IOWA

HBD scheduling has always been kinda wonky. I generally have home/away series against a team in the same season.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

Devo posted:

Let's see I suppose some sort of top 5 is in order...

1) Nick Martin - I'll take the very slightly better defense and OBP over Roundtree's durability
2) Louis Roundtree - ...not that that means Roundtree is bad by any means
3) Jayson Evans - Really only dropped because you have to babysit his innings to get the most out of him
4) Will Gleason - Would be #1 if he was a starter
5) Dann Parker - Picked him over Javier because he's a starter. I like this profile even with the slightly low splits.

Happy hunting everyone!

Funny thing about this, even though I didn't drop any in spending, Roundtree isn't in my draft pool. WIS is protecting y'all.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

The broken bones posted:

Funny thing about this, even though I didn't drop any in spending, Roundtree isn't in my draft pool. WIS is protecting y'all.

even with 20m scouting in both HS and college, there's a chance you could not see a top prospect (or even more than one top prospect), it's kind of dumb but basically paying for more scouting just increases the chances of you seeing someone

I've gotten burned on multiple occasions with this, most notably in S15 when I had 11/11 scouting (not great but not awful) and only saw 3 of the top 15 guys drafted. :(

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

It's the same with IFA's. Sometimes you pay almost nothing and see the best prospects, while the guy who has all his money in scouting doesn't see that one game changer. That's why I went after Feliz and Canseco like I did.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Hey CJL your pitching staff is broken.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wake up Salem! Believe in the me that believes in you!

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Well I guess that Brett McKnight signing finally answers my curiosity of whether pick compensation expires when the order firms up or draft happens (it's the former)

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

We need 2 more in Zimmer, please help us out

pawwwwwwwl

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Yes, join Zimmer. It is cool and I have guy with possible 100 power (let's see if he actually grew into it this offseason) ready to go in the majors this season!

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

nasboat posted:

We need 2 more in Zimmer, please help us out

pawwwwwwwl

I'd love to help, but I don't have the money for another league.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Should have a replacement Richmond owner in shortly

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Wonder what made uublog stop giving a poo poo

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Wonder what made uublog stop giving a poo poo

he hasn't tweeted in two months and basically disappeared and quit on HBD so I assume he's just got real life poo poo going on.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Holy poo poo my bullpen is utter garbage this season. That's hurting way more than losing Duchscherer which is crazy.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Is Florida actually good or what I don't understand

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Atheistdeals.com posted:

Is Florida actually good or what I don't understand

Cody Magruder

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I didn't notice a rudderless Charleston was also ahead of me, the Spirits are dead. :ghost:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Charleston isn't totally rudderless, his login date just doesn't update

He's also new so some turbulence is to be expected

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I can not wait to probably take a lovely player in the top 5

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Continuing the trend, beepers has lost Tuck "95 health" Purcell for the season.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

yall come join Zimmer where your pitchers won't die probably

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

paul why are you not on twitter anymore

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

It's bad

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

not cool man

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

judas

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I imagine I'll be back one day but at this moment I can't say I miss it terribly and I'm in no rush

And now back to your regularly scheduled fake baseball

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So, Dann Parker. I guess i'm happy, but he's certainly a project.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I drafted a player named Hoss Wolf but he probably won't sign this sucks

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Dear Mr. Nasboat,

This is a letter from the New York Metropolitans Baseball Club, to inform you about the player you left with us earlier. Parting with a player you love but can no longer properly care for can be a painful or even traumatic experience, but we want to assure you that you did the proper thing, and that your player, Fred McGehee, is fitting in well in his new home. Fred loves it here. He chases ducks, is fed regularly, goes for runs every day, and is hitting .330/.383/.595. He's made lots of new friends like Chip and Jimmy. If he could talk, he'd say: thank you!

Sincerely,
The New York Metropolitans Baseball Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I got a guy named Byron Fife with my first pick at #83 so I'm happy

• Locked thread