Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

DisposableHero posted:

So my wife very recently updated to a New 3DS as her old one started having issues with the top screen and it was out of warrantee.

She's not to into the available colors but I was thinking the Decalgirl skins would be a pretty good option on top of a black 3DS. Can anyone comment on the decal girl skins in terms of quality and resilience?

They're good. There's someone every page who talks about their new tacky one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

noirstronaut posted:

Where's Turtilicious to offer his one post in this thread referencing how he did that

it's actually very ugly and nintendo never released a clear red and blue console if anything they took the 100% cool purple one and split it in half

Do your homework

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
that's purple

but the point still stands that the clear red and blue 2dses are ugly as hell

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

TheComicFiend posted:

So what do you play? I picked up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 2 weeks ago and... this is my life now.

Some Animal Crossing, recently a Pokemon, and Mario Kart 7! Haven't gotten MH4 yet.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
You guys are all wrong. The best case of any Nintendo hardware was the solid purple GBC.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Himuro posted:

Some Animal Crossing, recently a Pokemon, and Mario Kart 7! Haven't gotten MH4 yet.

PM me if you wanna do MK7 or pick up MH4U. Got a hunting party where we're all MH noobs except for one guy but we all get steamrolled sometimes and that's a-okay.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Himuro posted:

May I have some goon friend codes? Here's mine.

2320-6132-7821

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

DisposableHero posted:

So my wife very recently updated to a New 3DS as her old one started having issues with the top screen and it was out of warrantee.

She's not to into the available colors but I was thinking the Decalgirl skins would be a pretty good option on top of a black 3DS. Can anyone comment on the decal girl skins in terms of quality and resilience?

Everyone here loves them!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

DisposableHero posted:

Quality: great! Once it's on it looks like it was made for the system. Resilience: hasn't fallen off yet!

Also it's nice and smooth and shiny and nice to look at. I love it!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So i'm working my way through MM and it turns out i've forgotten all of it.

I've just finished the first dungeon and vaguely recall that there are some items you can get only after you finished a dungeon and before going back to day 1 (which will reset the dungeon). It's the swamp/forest temple i just did, can anyone remember what the items might be?

I also forgot how long the dungeons were and really don't want to trek all the way back through that one again even if the main item i got should help me skip some of it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kin posted:

I've just finished the first dungeon and vaguely recall that there are some items you can get only after you finished a dungeon and before going back to day 1 (which will reset the dungeon). It's the swamp/forest temple i just did, can anyone remember what the items might be?

I also forgot how long the dungeons were and really don't want to trek all the way back through that one again even if the main item i got should help me skip some of it.

You can skip right to the boss

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Atlus USA just announced they'll be publishing Stella Glow, imageepoch's latest (and possibly last!) SRPG, in NA. Here's a JP trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbpt2rrwWY

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kin posted:

Just go to the dungeon and step on the grey, glowing platform in the first room.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Usually there are a bunch of heart pieces or masks that open up once you beat a dungeon, either because you now have the items to do so or because the landscape changed after beating the boss. The best way to find out what's now available is to make the rounds with the bomber kid and see if they have any new reports for you. If you need to beat the boss again in a new cycle you can do so more or less instantly by warping to the boss's lair in the first room of the dungeon.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
There's a warp?!

gently caress there's a lot i forgot about this game.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Yes. A warp appears in any dungeon you beat that goes right to the boss. Not sure if this was changed in the 3ds version because I haven't played that yet. If I remember, there's also a warp that shows up when you're halfway through a dungeon. Or at least some kind of shortcut unlocked. I'd usually do the dungeon, then get to the halfway mark, teleport out and go back in time, teleport to the dungeon again and continue from the halfway point. Again, not sure if 3ds version has this.

TheComicFiend posted:

PM me if you wanna do MK7 or pick up MH4U. Got a hunting party where we're all MH noobs except for one guy but we all get steamrolled sometimes and that's a-okay.

I'm not an MH nub. Played the poo poo out of MH2FU on my iPhone and MH3U on 3ds. However, playing co-op in MH will be a totally new experience for me and I'd definitely need a group. I played the MH4 demo the other day and yup, definitely MonHun. So it owned. The graphics are a real upgrade over MH3U too. Thing is a beaut and looked like a console game in spots.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 31, 2015

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Himuro posted:

I'm not an MH nub. Played the poo poo out of MH2FU on my iPhone and MH3U on 3ds. However, playing co-op in MH will be a totally new experience for me and I'd definitely need a group. I played the MH4 demo the other day and yup, definitely MonHun. So it owned. The graphics are a real upgrade over MH3U too. Thing is a beaut and looked like a console game in spots.

Well, just lmk when you pick it up I guess

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The new Langrisser has a JP release date (July 23). I'm still not sure about that game but I hope someone brings it over.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Red Robin Hood posted:

I don't need another system. Somebody talk me out of buying this beautiful thing: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat200006

If it wasn't a 2DS, I'd want one myself. I know why they made it 2DS only (something about the hinges being a problem), but it would still be a nice thing.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Himuro posted:

Yes. A warp appears in any dungeon you beat that goes right to the boss. Not sure if this was changed in the 3ds version because I haven't played that yet. If I remember, there's also a warp that shows up when you're halfway through a dungeon. Or at least some kind of shortcut unlocked. I'd usually do the dungeon, then get to the halfway mark, teleport out and go back in time, teleport to the dungeon again and continue from the halfway point. Again, not sure if 3ds version has this.

In the 3DS version, I've only used it on Snowhead, but as you walk into the dungeon, the first room, sorta the foyer area, has a stone in the shape of Majora's Mask that takes you directly to the boss.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fremry posted:

You guys are all wrong. The best case of any Nintendo hardware was the solid purple GBC.
Actually the best was the OG grey-brick Game Boy, it's all been downhill since then.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

So tomorrow we find out what's up for free on club nintendo, right?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

noirstronaut posted:

that's purple

but the point still stands that the clear red and blue 2dses are ugly as hell

Nintendo called it glacier blue though :confused:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

epsilon posted:

So tomorrow we find out what's up for free on club nintendo, right?

Almost certainly not but it's possible

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

majormonotone posted:

FAQ
What are the Elite Status Gifts for this year?
A list of the 2015 Elite Status Gifts will be located here once they are announced. Gold status members can select from the list of Gold level gifts; Platinum status members can choose one gift from either the Gold or Platinum level prizes.

Elite Status Gifts can be redeemed from 4/1/15 to 4/30/15.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

majormonotone posted:

Tomorrow would be the perfect opportunity to announce when the Gold/Platinum rewards will be available at least, if not immediately after the direct.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Nintendo's always late with Club Nintendo things though. Like, maybe it'll go up tomorrow, but I wouldn't bet on it

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

flyboi posted:

Nintendo called it glacier blue though :confused:

They just called it glacier do your homework

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

noirstronaut posted:

They just called it glacier do your homework

But glaciers aren't purple! This makes no sense! :psypop:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

flyboi posted:

But glaciers aren't purple! This makes no sense! :psypop:

they are if the sky is purple

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

majormonotone posted:

Nintendo's always late with Club Nintendo things though. Like, maybe it'll go up tomorrow, but I wouldn't bet on it

They weren't late with the final rewards list at least.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Finished Link's Awakening.
Great game.

I'd put it ahead of OoT. My opinion.

So far, my rankings:

LA
OoT
LttP
OoA
LoZ
Z2

Gonna start MM tonight.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

noirstronaut posted:

they are if the sky is purple

Cool to know impossibility makes your glacier blue console purple. Still stands that Nintendo made a translucent red and blue console.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Finished Link's Awakening.
Great game.

I'd put it ahead of OoT. My opinion.

So far, my rankings:

LA
OoT
LttP
OoA
LoZ
Z2

Gonna start MM tonight.

You need to play ALBW if you liked LTTP and LA that much.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Variable_H posted:

You need to play ALBW if you liked LTTP and LA that much.

I'm playing them in order so that one comes last.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm playing them in order so that one comes last.

I assume you mean release order? Because if you mean chronological then you've already hosed up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Variable_H posted:

I assume you mean release order? Because if you mean chronological then you've already hosed up.

I hosed that up from the start and when I looked at doing it in that order it just looked so lovely.

This way is more interesting. After MM I will be back in order to the end. Already have all the games either DLd or on the shelf so I'm good.

Most excited about WW and Spirit Tracks. And MM of course.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Most excited about...Spirit Tracks.

I have some bad news.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

majormonotone posted:

I have some bad news.

Shhhh. Let the child learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

So I went to open Mii Plaza today after I noticed that I had a streetpass. The game immediately crashed on me with some message about corrupt data and now my 3ds says it can't detect the SD card. Tried turining on/off, taking the card out, checking the write protect slider....didn't help. Sticking it in my PC gives me a 'you must format the drive before you use it' message, so I can't even back up the files. Is there any way to recover the data on it or am I just boned?