Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

sounds dismal

And we shall name this land, Queens land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Shadeoses posted:

First Dog is the comic that Auspol deserves.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Laserface posted:

gently caress off with First Dog. Its poo poo. You're poo poo.

Eat some onions.

Show me on the cartoon marsupial where First Dog touched you.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

SadisTech posted:

Show me on the cartoon marsupial where First Dog touched you.

That would take about 8 panels and 300+ words to explain to you.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

kingcom posted:

So the reason slaves were notreally used to construct the pyramids is because most of the time slaves weren't stone masons with years of training an expertise or even apprentices to stone masons. This proved a pretty solid decision when 1000 years later they were still standing.

The pyramids didn't really involve complex mathematics or engineering though and they also didn't need really talented stone masons, they just needed vast amounts of physical labor. If you want a cool contemporary civilization that didn't spend all its free time building useless triangle graves in the desert you should look at the babylonians

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oo la la, ziggurats, how about that. Like a pyramid but with steps. Incredible.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shadeoses posted:

Oo la la, ziggurats, how about that. Like a pyramid but with steps. Incredible.
E: Stepped pyramids are basically the ancestors of actual pyramids

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I bet you're one of those nerds that sneer at protests when they disrupt traffic

No, I've taken part in a few peaceful marches in my time, I just think destroying someone's property as a form of revenge is just stupid. As a message all you're saying is "I'm emotional!" and the person /entity has every right to go to the authorities and seek compensation.

See also every "hilarious" break-up story.

PS: I have three young kids and if I found out someone had abused them in any way I would likely go off my tree too, but I don't think it's the right thing to do.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

cpaf posted:

The pyramids didn't really involve complex mathematics or engineering though and they also didn't need really talented stone masons, they just needed vast amounts of physical labor. If you want a cool contemporary civilization that didn't spend all its free time building useless triangle graves in the desert you should look at the babylonians

You are stupid and dumb.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

cpaf posted:

thatfatkid posted:

You are stupid and dumb.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
M8 if some fairy pharaoh told me to build a pyramid I'd be like "nice hat dickhead" and just sink a tinny.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

cpaf posted:

The pyramids didn't really involve complex mathematics or engineering though and they also didn't need really talented stone masons, they just needed vast amounts of physical labor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

cpaf posted:

The pyramids didn't really involve complex mathematics or engineering

:lol: I can't tell if this was serious.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

cpaf posted:

jet fuel can't melt steel beams

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

Hello Llama, why should I as a voter preference the democrats above the greens in regards to policy? Given a preferential system i can vote for both so there is no need to be all or nothing but i would like to understand a reasoning that they would represent my interests.

we have actual economic policies as opposed to the Greens just belching out clouds of weed smoke like the factories they profess to hate

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

M8 if some fairy pharaoh told me to build a pyramid I'd be like "nice hat dickhead" and just sink a tinny.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Gough Suppressant posted:

Won't someone think of the poor institution which systematically enables and protects practicing pedophiles!

starkebn posted:

To bad for the local community groups who might have been using it.

Endman posted:

The state should build a secular community centre on the remains tbh

drat Straight.

cpaf posted:

Holy poo poo this is painfully stupid even for you

Splode fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 1, 2015

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

ScreamingLlama posted:

we have actual economic policies as opposed to the Greens just belching out clouds of weed smoke like the factories they profess to hate
So what's your policy on taxing the gently caress out of me?

I also tried to read your immigration policy but got a 404.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

ScreamingLlama posted:

Might want to check out which party quite consistently gets their policies costed before elections.

Plus, policies mean nothing when you'll just work with the Libs to put a tax on food.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Graic Gabtar posted:

So what's your policy on taxing the gently caress out of me?

:goonsay:

Nautilus42
Jan 14, 2008
Unrelated sea creature

ScreamingLlama posted:

Way not to cite that one and dig yourself into a grave with the same argument that your party buried itself with.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ScreamingLlama posted:

Care to show us those policies or are they just as real as your party members?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

ScreamingLlama posted:

http://greens.org.au/policies/economics
http://greens.org.au/policies/employment-workplace-relations
http://greens.org.au/policies/global-economics
http://greens.org.au/policies/national/banking-and-finance
http://greens.org.au/policies/corporate-governance

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ScreamingLlama posted:

A well informed post which compares and contrasts the economic policies of the Greens and the Democrats.

If you don't want to be made fun of, make a case, don't just say poo poo without backing it up. This also applies to people ragging on the Democrats.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
The Greens have the most sensible policies I have seen so far that actually addresses the rort that is our super system. Props to QM and the others who worked on it.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/greens-offer-tony-abbott-a-13-billion-budget-saving-20150226-13oucn.html

It preserves our progressive taxation system while still encouraging people to save for their retirement

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
So cute, seems the Greens are already falling apart.

I'd love being a Green voter, all care and no responsibility.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

EvilElmo posted:

So cute, seems the Greens are already falling apart.

I'd love being a Green voter, all care and no responsibility.

Source please

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Freudian Slip posted:

The Greens have the most sensible policies I have seen so far that actually addresses the rort that is our super system. Props to QM and the others who worked on it.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/greens-offer-tony-abbott-a-13-billion-budget-saving-20150226-13oucn.html

It preserves our progressive taxation system while still encouraging people to save for their retirement
I just need you to explain to me how I won't be paying more tax under that proposal.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Graic Gabtar posted:

I just need you to explain to me how I won't be paying more tax under that proposal.

If you will be paying more tax under that proposal then congratulations, you're not a filthy poor!

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Freudian Slip posted:

Source please

http://www.crikey.com.au/2015/03/31/ive-been-lied-to-greens-see-red-over-partys-pda-for-sydney-independent/

http://www.crikey.com.au/2015/04/01/tips-and-rumours-1339/
Tip about SHY leaving the Greens. One that's been circulating up at APH for awhile now.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Graic Gabtar posted:

What is your gross income per annum? How much do you voluntarily contribute to superannuation?

That determines whether you will be paying more or less tax.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

ScreamingLlama posted:

Christ I know you're getting a raw deal here but c'mon how can you look at the parties out there and not see the Greens as the most sensible and level headed ones. Economic policies are absolutely no exception here, providing you're looking further than the next 3 years.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

EvilElmo posted:

http://www.crikey.com.au/2015/04/01/tips-and-rumours-1339/
Tip about SHY leaving the Greens. One that's been circulating up at APH for awhile now.

SHY leaving the greens would likely increase the Green senate vote in SA.

Plus she'd never get back in without joining the ALP or Liberals, because the only people here who know her name well enough despise her.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
26 women murdered in 12 weeks :toot:

http://www.womensagenda.com.au/talk...43#.VRudSsQaySM

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Gentleman Baller posted:

Christ I know you're getting a raw deal here but c'mon how can you look at the parties out there and not see the Greens as the most sensible and level headed ones. Economics is absolutely no exception here, providing you're looking further than the next 3 years.

Except they'll never be in a position to implement them. As the Greens grow, they start to fall apart. They are yet to need to negotiate with reality and just appeal to a core constituency.

They get 1 good year of a protest vote and always lose it the following election. Reading the Greens policies is like reading a wish list, whatever a progressive wants to see, you'll find it in the Greens.

NTRabbit posted:

SHY leaving the greens would likely increase the Green senate vote in SA.

Plus she'd never get back in without joining the ALP or Liberals, because the only people here who know her name well enough despise her.

I was sad she just got her seat back this time around.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Graic Gabtar posted:

If you earn less than $37,000 you are paying less tax

If you earn between $37,000 and $80,000 (which includes most Australian workers) you are paying the same tax as currently

If you earn over $80,000 it's going to cost you more - but you will be still getting far more out of the tax shelter that is super than someone earning less than you.

To put it simply, they are changing the system so that it is equivalent to you paying your normal tax rate and the Government giving you 15 cents for every dollar you put into super - now matter how much you put in or earn. This is different from the current situation where you are penalised 15 cents per dollar if your earn under 16K and gifted 30 cents on the dollar if you earn over 180K.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
^^^ If you're earning over 300k you're paying the same.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
http://www.australian-democrats.org.au/balloted-policies.php#.VRuehBpSm_s

Democrats policies are here if Llama won't post em.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

hooman posted:

^^^ If you're earning over 300k you're paying the same.

True, but lets be honest, people earning 300K + have access to better rorts than Super

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

'Greens falling apart' = Sydney campaigners being pissy over Jenny and Jamie taking photos with Clover Moore at community events. What was hosed up was SHY saying 'vote 1 Alex' because she has more loyalty to her buddy than the party, but the Sydney campaign thing is meh. Whoever leaked the emails is a sooky dickhead baby.

• Locked thread