Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Capcom Japan did a recent stream covering Dai Gyakuten Saiban (the new Ace Attorney game featuring Sherlock Holmes), here's the archive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3gnGFA8O_Q

Holy poo poo, they have more than one character on screen at a time?!? MADNESS

Game looks good and also Hella Japanese, which is impressive considering just how fricking Japanese Phoenix Wright already is. Hopefully that's just a challenge to translate and not used as a reason to not bring it over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Looper posted:

All of imageepoch's games are super mediocre, will this one be any different???

I hope so, because I have been waiting for an SRPG game more similar to FFT rather than Fire Emblem.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Holy poo poo, they have more than one character on screen at a time?!? MADNESS

Game looks good and also Hella Japanese, which is impressive considering just how fricking Japanese Phoenix Wright already is. Hopefully that's just a challenge to translate and not used as a reason to not bring it over here.

If I'm right, I think they just covered stuff from the first case, which is really going to probably the hardest part to localize since it takes place in Meiji Era Japan. After the first case, I think Phoenix's ancestor travels to England to study their court system, which is where he meets Sherlock Holmes and the localizers won't have to worry about trying too hard to make the locale look like Japanifornia.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Looper posted:

All of imageepoch's games are super mediocre, will this one be any different???

Most of imageepoch's games are complete garbage but their Luminous Arc SRPGs were relatively okay, I wanna say they were pretty much just ghetto Final Fantasy Tactics. Stella Glow looks to be the same sort of thing but with a different IP because Marvelous owns Luminous Arc.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Wamdoodle posted:

Did you manage to get it working? I bought the components and was able to set it up by following the instructions. I noticed that there was a note about some people having a problem with bootup if they did not format the sd card without using the SD Format tool here https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/

I haven't yet, school has been busy so I don't have much free time to tinker with it. Some light browsing revealed that the wifi stick I bought might not be the correct one so once I have a day or two I'm going to recheck everything and try again. I am relieved that a few of you were able to get it to easily work, I'm fairly confident I can figure it out. Thanks though!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I forgot how fun it is to drive in first person in Mario Kart 7.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Apparently Gold/Platinum rewards are up

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Only two 3DS games for Gold? How awesome. Would had loved that Animal Crossing since it's fairly old at this point, but I was a ways off from Plat.

Oh hey a ton more listed than what's shown in that picture. Still would have liked Animal Crossing for Gold though.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ragequit posted:

Only two 3DS games for Gold? How awesome. Would had loved that Animal Crossing since it's fairly old at this point, but I was a ways off from Plat.

Oh hey a ton more listed than what's shown in that picture. Still would have liked Animal Crossing for Gold though.

Here's the full set.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The (aussie) eShop theme's been updated to Colony 9 from Xenoblade Chronicles :allears:. I really wish the Theme shop would hurry up and add the Xenoblade one though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Between Mario Golf and NSMB2, which game has more single player content? I know there's online tournaments in mario golf but I don't know how much of that I will actually play

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't suppose mysterious murasame castle is some kind of hidden gem? I've never heard of it.

Otherwise I guess I'm deciding between Animal Crossing and Mario Golf, two games I'm almost sure I won't like but I guess could be worth a try since they're free.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I either have all of them or don't want them. Or had them. Being a Nintendo fan today is a reward and a punishment. Do I go with the eternal handcramp that is Mario Kart 7, or the mediocrity that is Yoshi's New Island?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Don't know if I should get Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze or Ultimate NES Remix

Or if i should get Yoshi's New Island or Mario Party Island Tour so that I don't have to spend the money on it later.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't suppose mysterious murasame castle is some kind of hidden gem? I've never heard of it.

Otherwise I guess I'm deciding between Animal Crossing and Mario Golf, two games I'm almost sure I won't like but I guess could be worth a try since they're free.

Mysterious Murasame Castle is a good but hard game but you can easily buy it for 5 bucks on the eShop.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jarogue posted:

Don't know if I should get Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze or Ultimate NES Remix

Or if i should get Yoshi's New Island or Mario Party Island Tour so that I don't have to spend the money on it later.

definitely get DK Tropical Freeze. It's one of the best games on the system.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jarogue posted:

If you don't have Tropical Freeze, that's The Game. If you have like any interest in 2D platformers and have a Wii U you really must play it.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I either have all of them or don't want them. Or had them. Being a Nintendo fan today is a reward and a punishment. Do I go with the eternal handcramp that is Mario Kart 7, or the mediocrity that is Yoshi's New Island?

Mario Kart 7, easy.

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm in this same boat. Kind of leaning towards Mario Golf, but I'm probably gonna linger on the decision a little longer.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

NOOOOOOO I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE FOR DONKEY KONG COUNTRY TROPICAL FREEZE!

DAMM YOU METROID PRIME TRILOGY AND THE OTHER GAMES THAT I GOT FREE WITH CLUB NINTENDO, (DR. LUIGI, AND WII PARTY U)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Regy Rusty posted:

There's a Mario Golf demo, if you want to narrow it down.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Hmm
Should I get Animal Crossing (never played one before, is it for girls?) Yoshis Island or NES remix

or Mario Party is the only other one I don't have but I don't know a single other person with a 3ds so not much point

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Animal Crossing is for everyone.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

African AIDS cum posted:

is it for girls?

:laffo: I can't even tell if serious.

Animal Crossing is a gardening simulator about making friends and being a good neighbor. Sometimes it is about savagely beating your animal friends with a net to make them leave town because you wanted a unicorn to move in, instead.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Guess I'm getting Mario Party Island Tour so that I don't have to buy it later.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

:laffo: I can't even tell if serious.

Animal Crossing is a gardening simulator about making friends and being a good neighbor. Sometimes it is about savagely beating your animal friends with a net to make them leave town because you wanted a unicorn to move in, instead.

So it is for girls?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
yes

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

So it is for girls?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I prefer physical cartridges anyway can I just get a code for a game and sell it on ebay?

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

mabels big day posted:

apart from boys

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
kinda leaning toward the Ultimate NES remix, does that have the original games on it, or just weird mash-ups?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

A Big... Dog posted:

apart from boys

Shut up

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

i'm a boy and i love to be the mayor and catch bugs

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
The first NES remix is pretty disappointing, though I just started the second one last night and it seems pretty good.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Anora posted:

kinda leaning toward the Ultimate NES remix, does that have the original games on it, or just weird mash-ups?
It has different challenges then NES Remix 1 and 2

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

A Big... Dog posted:

i'm a boy and i love to be the mayor and catch bugs

Sean Penn was great in that film

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

I prefer physical cartridges anyway can I just get a code for a game and sell it on ebay?

Sure. Don't expect more than $10-15 though.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Girls Style 3 is for boys, too.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I wish I bought a physical copy of Animal Crossing so I could resell it because it got really old and boring after a month.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Sure. Don't expect more than $10-15 though.

even for the Wii U ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

even for the Wii U ones?

You might be able to sell those for $15-25.