Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

BoredMarc posted:

I have gold status and I want either oracle of ages or oracle of seasons but I don't know which ones to get... Why did they make them two games?

I have a bias towards seasons because that was the first zelda game I played. So pick that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

BoredMarc posted:

I have gold status and I want either oracle of ages or oracle of seasons but I don't know which ones to get... Why did they make them two games?

They're both full-length 8-dungeon Zelda titles that just happen to share some interconnectivity features.

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007
Whelp, that was lackluster. Now I don't even mind I had my platinum Club Nintendo account banned!

BoredMarc
Jun 14, 2010
DUMB AS SHIT

jivjov posted:

They're both full-length 8-dungeon Zelda titles that just happen to share some interconnectivity features.

But as far as I know neither are "first". Do the inter-connectivity features work on the 3ds versions?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Visitor K posted:

Whelp, that was lackluster. Now I don't even mind I had my platinum Club Nintendo account banned!

How do you get a club nintendo account banned?

BoredMarc posted:

But as far as I know neither are "first". Do the inter-connectivity features work on the 3ds versions?

They can be played in either order, and yes the connectivity works on 3DS, but you have to key in the passcodes instead of doing it by link cable like you could on the old hardware.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Visitor K posted:

How did you manage to get a club Nintendo account banned?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

jivjov posted:

They can be played in either order, and yes the connectivity works on 3DS, but you have to key in the passcodes instead of doing it by link cable like you could on the old hardware.

It's kinda nuts how much changes if you have a password from the other game. Makes me wish the third title had come out.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

jivjov posted:

"Just happen" is a bit of an understatement, considering the interconnectivity gives you the entire Oracle games storyline.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Fremry posted:

How did you manage to get a club Nintendo account banned?

jivjov posted:

Wii Mini exploits, Sister Codes, multiple accounts, etc.

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007

jivjov posted:

I stupidly tried the Wii Mini trick on my main account. A real smart move! Especially considering I reached platinum status legitly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Takoluka posted:

"Just happen" is a bit of an understatement, considering the interconnectivity gives you the entire Oracle games storyline.

Eh, fair enough, but the story in the oracle games is fairly light. All the connectivity really does is add a final boss fight.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

BoredMarc posted:

Seasons is more combat based. The focus of the dungeons and boss battles is mostly on straight up fighting as opposed to complex puzzles. There are bosses that don't even require the dungeon item. The first dungeon is a straight up remake of the first dungeon from the original Legend of Zelda, which is cool. It's good but Subrosian dancing is the worst minigame.

Ages is more puzzle based, including the bosses. It's easier in the sense that you are less likely to die in combat since it's not as intense, but the puzzles are harder. There are some annoying things in it like the Mermaid Suit, and that awful lizard island early on. But it's still good.

If you beat one, you can take the code given to you and start a new game + in the other game where it's like a continuation of your playthrough of the other game. This ends with a climactic final episode that has its own unique end boss. It's pretty cool, although the games change a bit depending on which one you play first.

EDIT: "just so happen" to have been specifically designed for that interactivity lol

BoredMarc
Jun 14, 2010
DUMB AS SHIT

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Seasons is more combat based. The focus of the dungeons and boss battles is mostly on straight up fighting as opposed to complex puzzles. There are bosses that don't even require the dungeon item. The first dungeon is a straight up remake of the first dungeon from the original Legend of Zelda, which is cool. It's good but Subrosian dancing is the worst minigame.

Ages is more puzzle based, including the bosses. It's easier in the sense that you are less likely to die in combat since it's not as intense, but the puzzles are harder. There are some annoying things in it like the Mermaid Suit, and that awful lizard island early on. But it's still good.

If you beat one, you can take the code given to you and start a new game + in the other game where it's like a continuation of your playthrough of the other game. This ends with a climactic final episode that has its own unique end boss. It's pretty cool, although the games change a bit depending on which one you play first.

EDIT: "just so happen" to have been specifically designed for that interactivity lol

Cool this makes the choice easy. I was never much of a fan of the combat in the legend of zelda games.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

poo poo! I do not know whether to get Mario Kart 7 or Tropical Freeze! I rented TF a few months ago and got to world 3 but didn't really have the patience for it. I know I should probably stick it out but I'm playing through Bloodborne right now so having another difficult game doesn't sound so appealing. I've never played MK7 but did enjoy 8. I think I'm answering my own question.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Nintendo's site is down for me, guess I'll check back after work. Nintendo Direct's at 3 today right?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

poo poo! I do not know whether to get Mario Kart 7 or Tropical Freeze! I rented TF a few months ago and got to world 3 but didn't really have the patience for it. I know I should probably stick it out but I'm playing through Bloodborne right now so having another difficult game doesn't sound so appealing. I've never played MK7 but did enjoy 8. I think I'm answering my own question.

Get Tropical Freeze.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There is very very little reason to play mario kart 7 if you have mario kart 8, in my opinion.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mabels big day posted:

There is very very little reason to play mario kart 7 if you have mario kart 8, in my opinion.

Agreed, although if you don't have a WiiU then 7 is a great MK game, and also one of the best 3D games for the 3DS. The 3D is way better than most 3DS games.

Although he mentioned Tropical Freeze, so that would mean he has a WiiU.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Yes, Mario Kart 8 is better in every way over 7.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

please do not insult my good friends the tokays

Also RE: Club Nintendo, if anyone has the coins for Star Fox 64 3D but doesn't want it, I'd be interested in buying if the price is right.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I was hoping they'd have Fire Emblem Awakening as a reward :negative:

Not sure what I'll pick now.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yes?

My point was that the oracle games are less "Part 1 and Part 2" and more "Game A and Game B, that have Epilogue C if you play both"

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It's good but Subrosian dancing is the worst minigame.

Subrosian dancing is easy as hell. Goron dancing from OoA on the other hand... :suicide:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

Subrosian dancing is easy as hell. Goron dancing from OoA on the other hand... :suicide:

goron dancing is piss easy but also I am a drummer so

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

ChaosArgate posted:

Goron dancing was the reason I quit playing Ages.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Thanks for the advice all. Yeah, I had Mario Kart 8 but traded it in a few months ago after completing it so I'll just go with Donkey Kong.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Guys if you're going to complain about Oracle of Ages, please complain about the parts of it that are actually bad (MERMAID'S CAVE) and not the parts you guys are bad at because you're incapable of following a rhythm.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Ultigonio posted:

Is there anyone here who might be able to make some sort of recommendation for Freakyforms? I'm kinda' between that and NES Remix 2.

In between the original Freakyforms and Deluxe, I put in over six hundred hours and counting.
I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, as opposed to snippets of 8-bit classics.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Guys if you're going to complain about Oracle of Ages, please complain about the parts of it that are actually bad (MERMAID'S CAVE) and not the parts you guys are bad at because you're incapable of following a rhythm.

It'd probably be a lot easier to follow the rhythm if you had a metronome or something to help time the pauses.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah, I forgot about that because I played Seasons more recently. It's definitely worse than the Subrosian dancing.

EDIT: I'm also a drummer

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Anyone who gets one of Seasons or Ages and doesn't get the other later on if not at the same time is making very poor life choices.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Platinum
Mario Golf World Tour
Mario Party Island Tour
Punch Out
Pushmo World

Any recommendations out of those four?

Btw I really enjoyed Freakyforms back when it first came out. It's definitely a forgotten jewel.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Mario Golf, easily.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Platinum
Mario Golf World Tour
Mario Party Island Tour
Punch Out
Pushmo World

Any recommendations out of those four?

Btw I really enjoyed Freakyforms back when it first came out. It's definitely a forgotten jewel.

Punch Out is the best in the series and one of the best games on Wii in general. Mario Golf is a great and relaxing game that still has people playing in tournaments every week, I think. Pushmo World is more Pushmo, which is always great. I'd lean more towards Punch Out, so long as you have a wiimote to play it with.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
Would you guys recommend Super Mario Galaxy 2? I played the original back when it came out on the Wii, but never played the sequel. I already have Tropical Freeze on disc, otherwise I would've picked that.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm really glad I waited on getting Mario Golf.

Now only if I could decide between that and Tropical Freeze :negative:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Doug Dinsdale posted:

In between the original Freakyforms and Deluxe, I put in over six hundred hours and counting.
I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, as opposed to snippets of 8-bit classics.
Okay, that's pretty convincing. On the other hand, it looks like the original version is the one the one they're offering for Platinum - is Deluxe significantly better that I should just grab that and use the plat reward for something else, maybe?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Agrias120 posted:

Paging noirstronaut who wouldn't shut the gently caress up about Smash being a Platinum reward.

This is funny because it was literally 3 posts within a whole discussion about it and it was over 30 pages ago.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Would you guys recommend Super Mario Galaxy 2? I played the original back when it came out on the Wii, but never played the sequel. I already have Tropical Freeze on disc, otherwise I would've picked that.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is like the first one but even better. I'd definitely recommend it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Did you like Galaxy 1? If yes, then get Galaxy 2 because it's Galaxy 1 but better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

How much HD space does Punchout need?