Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Blatters got the checkbook out. One of his most vocal critics is now toeing the line.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32138409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

serious gaylord posted:

Blatters got the checkbook out. One of his most vocal critics is now toeing the line.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32138409

http://www.espnfc.com/german-bundesliga/story/1613004/bayern-munich-ceo-karl-heinz-rummenigge-accepts-fine

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
e: wrong thread

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9783436/kazakhstan-set-to-bid-for-2026-world-cup

quote:

Kazakhstan have announced that they are considering making a bid to host the 2026 World Cup.

The oil-rich country is already bidding against Beijing to host the 2022 Winter Olympics in Almaty and is now in discussions over a possible bid for the World Cup four years later.

Kazakhstan FA president Yerlan Kozhagapanov is quoted in French newspaper L'Equipe as saying: "We are discussing this issue with the government of my country to assess what are our chances.

"Our country is developing rapidly, our economy is growing, so why not? We want to organise the winter Games in 2022, and we plan to engage in the race for the organisation of the World Cup 2026."

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

That settles it then

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

is nais

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Why doesn't any news org ever ask the obvious? Kazakhstan can't host until 2034, no one in Asia can.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Pook Good Mook posted:

Why doesn't any news org ever ask the obvious? Kazakhstan can't host until 2034, no one in Asia can.

Not that it makes much of a difference to your point but Kazakhstan are laughably enough, in UEFA.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Pook Good Mook posted:

The pool of countries who are willing or able to give FIFA the kind of poo poo they want is dwindling into an ever smaller number of petro-States and dictatorships, the continent rule will be hand waved away just like any other 'rule' that has threatened to slow down Sepp and Co getting dirty money.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Blue Star Error posted:

Not that it makes much of a difference to your point but Kazakhstan are laughably enough, in UEFA.

Doesn't that mean they still can't host until 2030 because Russia are also in UEFA?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Doesn't this still only allow them 2030 at the earliest? (edit; lol at post above me)

Not that a few lousy rules have ever stood in the way of bribes.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Yeah why does anybody think that any "rules" are going to matter one bit

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

vyelkin posted:

Doesn't that mean they still can't host until 2030 because Russia are also in UEFA?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Doesn't this still only allow them 2030 at the earliest? (edit; lol at post above me)

Not that a few lousy rules have ever stood in the way of bribes.

thats why I said it doesn't make much difference idiots!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I want to say Blatter will be dead by 2026 but I'm not so sure

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I hope he's dead by 20:26 tonight.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Vegetable posted:

They'll get this sewn up before he dies. That way he can get Kazakhstan to fund his ten million dollar funeral and line his coffin with 100 dollar bills.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shrapnig posted:

I hope he's dead by 20:26 tonight.

So do you know something we don't then?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
You shouldn't be able to host a world cup if you've never qualified for one IMO

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If minor things like being so hot players will literally die won't sink your bid than something forgettable like being in the wrong confederation won't.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/02/slaves-to-run-shoeless-in-qatar.html

what the actual gently caress :gonk:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
"The event failed to break the record."

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
That's not a very funny April foo..........oh :(

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

That's it. I'm not watching the World Cup. FIFA and their sponsors can go gently caress themselves and so can every FA that allows this farce to go on.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

mackintosh posted:

That's it. I'm not watching the World Cup.

lol aye alright

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
If the shoe doesn't fit, you must acquit

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

mackintosh posted:

That's it. I'm not watching the World Cup. FIFA and their sponsors can go gently caress themselves and so can every FA that allows this farce to go on.

drat, wouldn't want to be FIFA or Qatar right now.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

drat, wouldn't want to be FIFA or Qatar right now.

Brutal stuff for sure.

(I ain't gonna watch it either, it's not gonna matter but I refuse to derive entertainment from human rights violations)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

mackintosh posted:

I'm gonna watch the world cup because come on it's the world cup and even if it's held in an oppressive medieval kingdom and built on the backs of literal slaves and moved to Christmas, it'll still be pretty good probably, but I'm gonna complain about it on the Internet all the way.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

dex_sda posted:

Brutal stuff for sure.

(I ain't gonna watch it either, it's not gonna matter but I refuse to derive entertainment from human rights violations)

I don't have any love for FIFA either but I feel that possibly "human rights" is a made up meaningless term. Anyway someone needs to find or fake an audio recording of Blatter saying something bad about gay marriage and the twitter folks will have his head on a platter in under a day.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
maybe it's all relative

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't have any love for FIFA either but I feel that possibly "human rights" is a made up meaningless term. Anyway someone needs to find or fake an audio recording of Blatter saying something bad about gay marriage and the twitter folks will have his head on a platter in under a day.

Didn't he already tell gay people not to kiss each other in Qatar

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Didn't he already tell gay people not to kiss each other in Qatar

I don't know, I don't read your emails

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

ddamn

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

:iceburn:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

roasted

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

:drat:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Looks like this otter burger is roasted

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
he is gay, thats the joke haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
You are Swiss, which is an even bigger joke.

Also I'm in Qatar right now and it's insanely basic & standard Gulf Arab poo poo.