Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's not new. I've bought multiple WiiU games and 3ds games on Nintendo.com, they have the option to redeem your coffee immediately and if you have dot pad enabled them if will download firstly do good David. Also u does this on XL knobs blind and am land kg undid big KNVB MSNBC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

greatn posted:

That's not new. I've bought multiple WiiU games and 3ds games on Nintendo.com, they have the option to redeem your coffee immediately and if you have dot pad enabled them if will download firstly do good David. Also u does this on XL knobs blind and am land kg undid big KNVB MSNBC

Agreed

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

greatn posted:

if you have dot pad enabled them if will download firstly do good David. Also u does this on XL knobs blind and am land kg undid big KNVB MSNBC
Thanks for clearing that up

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

greatn posted:

A stroke is no joke.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

greatn posted:

:ohdear:

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

greatn posted:

Oh, ok. Thanks!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So Ultimate NES Remix does not have the full versions of the nes games it remixes?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

greatn posted:

hahahah

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

someone call an ambulance

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Anora posted:

So Ultimate NES Remix does not have the full versions of the nes games it remixes?

Correct; its the two Wii U NES Remix titles smashed together and (by many accounts) made worse.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

greatn posted:

:agreed:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This is the thread that keeps on gerrvally kNVDc

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

So does anyone know if greatn is dead or not?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Variable_H posted:

Does anyone care?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Out of nowhere with the disrespectful towards the dead

RIP greatn, we will all miss you

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Variable_H posted:

if he is i have dibs on his nintendo id

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I call his Club Nintendo account

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
another victim of improper screw techniques

this death could have been prevented

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I started MM last night and wow.

For a 15 year old game it looks fantastic. poo poo, the 3d is incredible and even for modern games it looks great. Five minutes in I couldn't wait to play and I was already playing!

Then a friend dropped by and I had to put it down. Gonna be starting that sucker back up in a little bit!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Waltzing Along posted:

I started MM last night and wow.

For a 15 year old game it looks fantastic. poo poo, the 3d is incredible and even for modern games it looks great. Five minutes in I couldn't wait to play and I was already playing!

Then a friend dropped by and I had to put it down. Gonna be starting that sucker back up in a little bit!

Well, I mean, it was graphically updated

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wasn't OoT? Cuz that did not look this good.

I can see why people love MM. It just has an amazing feel.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Page 163 of the New Nintendo 3DS Chat thread is quite possibly the funniest page of any thread on Something Awful.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

enojy posted:

Page 163 of the New Nintendo 3DS Chat thread is quite possibly the funniest page of any thread on Something Awful.

I agree

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

enojy posted:

that's a big stretch buddy, i don't see anything about goons making a secret base on an island, any pictures from gooncamp, someone telling a mother her womb is poisoned, a guy dying because he locked himself in his car while on drugs, a mod telling someone to try LSD to beat a heroin addiction,

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

the wildest rear end posted:

So since I only got Gold, which of the Oracle games is the better?
Pick one and then buy the other. One does not play only one of the Oracle games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

forbidden lesbian posted:

that's a big stretch buddy, i don't see anything about goons making a secret base on an island, any pictures from gooncamp, someone telling a mother her womb is poisoned, a guy dying because he locked himself in his car while on drugs, a mod telling someone to try LSD to beat a heroin addiction,
Be the change, troper.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

a guy dying because he locked himself in his car while on drugs
Is there a link to this one? It sounds vaguely interesting.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Crawfish posted:

Is there a link to this one? It sounds vaguely interesting.

someone actually linked it in the games chat thread not too long ago. it was good. also the followup where the widow is asking for help committing insurance fraud because she wasnt going to get the life insurance payout.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Going to be traveling-- which usb cable are you guys having best luck with? HDE or eForCity?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have a nyko one :shrug: they're all lovely

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Well now everybody knows that works.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Debating Mario Golf vs NSMB2 vs Yoshi's New Island.

Open to suggestions/recommendations on the merits of each... I dunno if I'll play online golf, though the prospect sounds fun if goons are still doing it. I heard NSMB2 was short, and I played NSMB1 on DS and it was alright. Yoshi's Island I enjoyed when I played the DS version a bit, didn't beat it, though. Mario Party seems like an okay third option except that I know like 2 other people IRL with 3DSes and none of them have that game, nor would we ever sit down in the same room to play it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

Yoshi's New Island - poo poo
NSMB2 - Bland, boring
Mario Golf - Rad As Hell

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mario Golf is Very Very Big.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is there an IRC channel for the direct?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dehry posted:

Is there an IRC channel for the direct?

#nintengoons on SynIRC is chillin'

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fuzz posted:

Open to suggestions/recommendations on the merits of each... I dunno if I'll play online golf, though the prospect sounds fun if goons are still doing it. I heard NSMB2 was short, and I played NSMB1 on DS and it was alright. Yoshi's Island I enjoyed when I played the DS version a bit, didn't beat it, though. Mario Party seems like an okay third option except that I know like 2 other people IRL with 3DSes and none of them have that game, nor would we ever sit down in the same room to play it.

NSMB2 is very good but somehow not as long as Super Mario 3D Land. Also somehow SM3DL is also a better 2D Mario platformer than the one that is actually a 2D Mario platformer.

If you're a fan of Mario platforming NSMB2 is a must play but it also is not going to rock your world at all. Mario Golf games are always great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fuzz posted:

You can actually play the entire game of Mario Party with one copy through download play so your friends wouldn't need it to play with you. Yoshi is bad, NSMB2 is okay and Golf is awesome with a lot of content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why haven't they made a 3D Dreamcourse 2