Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bohemian Nights posted:

So... I guess the bot world championships are a thing now

http://csgolounge.com/match?m=2954

It's glorious. BotTroy FTW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Oh my god these bots.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
can we g oonman on this>>>>?????????

http://imgur.com/a/rQHkI

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

GreyPowerVan posted:

Oh my god these bots.

Some of the prolonged staredowns were pretty intense, but ultimately the russians were just quicker on the draw

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

GreyPowerVan posted:

Oh my god these bots.

If you ever needed proof that the people betting on CSGL are actually retarded, the odds on a match between two bot teams were 56%/44%.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

can we g oonman on this>>>>?????????

http://imgur.com/a/rQHkI

This is the best thing ever, I really want to play it.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Apogee15 posted:

This would funny for 6 to 7 rounds.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Ephedra posted:

This would funny for 6 to 7 rounds.

You don't want to play a 15-15 nuke game? Someone might win pistol on T and then it'll be 16-14! Exciting.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

real dilemma posted:

If you ever needed proof that the people betting on CSGL are actually retarded, the odds on a match between two bot teams were 56%/44%.

I put a little bit on the underdog and won. Too ez.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

RedQueen posted:

Time to cash out. Sold my StatTrak MW Orion for $250 ($130 profit :toot:), prices have dropped $100 since then.

I wouldn't mess around too much with the StatTrak trade ups unless you feel like gambling. Everyone is trying to get rich with them right now but they will be stuck with the trade up skins for a week.

I paid a little less than $50 for 10 ST bizon antiques, and got a FN atomic alloy ST, so about $45 profit in CAD

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug

Apogee15 posted:

I want to rush ramp squeaky to alarm door.

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013
Just ranked up to LE for the first time. :toot:

I didn't see it coming at all so it was a rather nice surprise. Only had like 4-5 wins in a row I think, so my win rate overall must have been pretty good the last week or so.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

After trying to be happy with regular MM I have started to only play ESEA and goon mans. This game is much more enjoyable now. People on ESEA still can beat the crap out of me on some maps, but a lot less questionable play making happens.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Jessie Tanner posted:

Just ranked up to LE for the first time. :toot:

I didn't see it coming at all so it was a rather nice surprise. Only had like 4-5 wins in a row I think, so my win rate overall must have been pretty good the last week or so.

maybe some of your previous losses too hackers got cancelled?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Alighieri posted:

After trying to be happy with regular MM I have started to only play ESEA and goon mans. This game is much more enjoyable now. People on ESEA still can beat the crap out of me on some maps, but a lot less questionable play making happens.

Meow said this originally and I agree "The peace of mind that no one is cheating is worth the monthly by itself"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
OK I literally haven't played CS since 1.6, is there a "ranked mode" or something like that in Global Offensive? Or do you still just jump into a server?

Edit: Oh it's in the the first post, nm ignore me.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiKOLqdHyKg

So this happened in the patch.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kwilty posted:

So this happened in the patch.

i thought it was just me :X

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahahaha, beautiful.

The best sound bug was the space between the wall in B site in Dust2 where you could lodge decoy grenades and they would spin wildly and play just a solid string of sound effects before exploding. I remember in a few goonmans everyone rushing into B every round to instantly get a decoy lodged against the wall to make deafening noise. :allears:

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Awesome Welles posted:

Hahahaha, beautiful.

The best sound bug was the space between the wall in B site in Dust2 where you could lodge decoy grenades and they would spin wildly and play just a solid string of sound effects before exploding. I remember in a few goonmans everyone rushing into B every round to instantly get a decoy lodged against the wall to make deafening noise. :allears:

They should bring back the global flash bug, I think it was dust2, throw flash between boxes outside B doors, whole map gets flashed.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
I'm having an issue where I can shoot someone, it shows the blood spray (multiple times even!) and then they kill me and it shows that I did 0 damage. I got a standing-still headshot on a guy who was also just standing there earlier, placed right in the middle of his loving head on even ground from like 5 feet away, and it didn't do anything. It this an interp issue? rates? I lit someone up with a glock earlier and it showed multiple blood sprays, but when he killed me it showed 0 damage. It's for real ruining the game for me. I see me lighting people up, and then they just shoot me once and I'm dead and they're totally loving fine.

e:and then I get poo poo like this where I'm not even close to hitting them but it shows that I'm wrecking them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noWdyEL4cOk

invision fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 1, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Since I've yet to see anything about it, what's with the 30 MB update today? Is it just bug fixes?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

invision posted:

I'm having an issue where I can shoot someone, it shows the blood spray (multiple times even!) and then they kill me and it shows that I did 0 damage. I got a standing-still headshot on a guy who was also just standing there earlier, placed right in the middle of his loving head on even ground from like 5 feet away, and it didn't do anything. It this an interp issue? rates? I lit someone up with a glock earlier and it showed multiple blood sprays, but when he killed me it showed 0 damage. It's for real ruining the game for me. I see me lighting people up, and then they just shoot me once and I'm dead and they're totally loving fine.

e:and then I get poo poo like this where I'm not even close to hitting them but it shows that I'm wrecking them:

The issue you're describing is called "playing counter-strike," you can check the OP for proper rates but this happens to everyone. The best is when the blood spatter that isn't even real because you didn't hit anyone obscures your vision and gets you killed.

e: also you were definitely moving while firing that AWP shot so I wouldn't expect that the bullet would go where the crosshair says it's going to go. Don't move while firing AWP/rifles.

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 1, 2015

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

invision posted:

I can't quiet remember what the tick rate in demos are, but that could also definitely effect how accurate those cross hairs look, especially since both of them seem to be fairly hard flicks.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Kwilty posted:

I can't quiet remember what the tick rate in demos are, but that could also definitely effect how accurate those cross hairs look, especially since both of them seem to be fairly hard flicks.

Definitely could be an issue for that video. I've also FRAPS'd while playing, and it shows the issue as well. That was probably a bad video to demonstrate since I was moving, but it's the only one I have online right now.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The tier 1 smgs (particular a mac10 buy on round 3) were good already. This patch made them REALLY good.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

How are people feeling about the AWP changes? I definitely feel the slow down on it, but I do think that it makes it a much more skillful gun.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

invision posted:

Decals are client-side which is why you get the blood and bullet holes not always matching up with what the server sees. Your shots based on RNG are different then the server RNG shots in an effort to decrease cheating.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Yeah I didn't even bother watching it because he turns me into my av in about 5 seconds

same

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Kwilty posted:

How are people feeling about the AWP changes? I definitely feel the slow down on it, but I do think that it makes it a much more skillful gun.

Mid play on all maps got messed with, t side awp probably weaker, ct mid d2 weaker too, awp duels objectively worse, entrying worse, I love eating poo poo

Not being able to adjust or get out of non perfect peeks doesn't make it more skillful

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 2, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I feel like ~120-130 speed instead of 100 and accurate noscoping/quickscoping (think of 1.6) would make this a positive change.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
The AWP change looked good on paper, but it's loving dumb and feels like poo poo.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The change looks kind of bad on paper, too.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Personally I don't like it, and I mostly play this game for the rifles. I also feel the fiveseven was neglected, and the tec9 still an AK in close range situations, which I guess isn't that bad.. But why not nerf the awp in some other way, like making it more expensive?

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Kwilty posted:

Yuck. I don't agree at all.

Peeking is like the essence of CS to me. It isn't like random scrubs are doing pixel perfect peeks out there. Most scrubby players hate to peek or go for entry kills.

Why would they nerf this?

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 2, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I just spent a deathmatch trying to do the famed MLG 360 noscope. The rules are, you have to do a 360 before you shoot, if you take half a second or more after the 360 to shoot it's not a 360 noscope. Also, you have to use the AWP, you cannot scope (obviously), and you can't gently caress with your settings by jacking up your sensitivity from what you normally do or using a turn bind or script. I got three

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
They should nerf the AWP until people stop using it entirely, and then buff it up just a little bit past that point.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Nice ambush spot on the new Mirage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOAC70JZvZA

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Apogee15 posted:

They should nerf the AWP until people stop using it entirely, and then buff it up just a little bit past that point.

So, basically make it into a Scout then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Apogee15 posted:

They should nerf all weapons except the dualies

ftfy

• Locked thread