Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

enojy posted:

Page 163 of the New Nintendo 3DS Chat thread is quite possibly the funniest page of any thread on Something Awful.

Page 83 is probably better :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

greatn posted:

That's not new. I've bought multiple WiiU games and 3ds games on Nintendo.com, they have the option to redeem your coffee immediately and if you have dot pad enabled them if will download firstly do good David. Also u does this on XL knobs blind and am land kg undid big KNVB MSNBC

I'm doing one of those things where I'm at work and trying to be quiet but I'm shaking with silent laughter and every time I think I'm done I start laughing again even harder and now there's tears in my eyes and if anyone walks in they'd think I'm sobbing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Pick one and then buy the other. One does not play only one of the Oracle games.

i did it, i onl played one, when i was

jeez when did those come out first i don't want to check it's gonna make me feel old

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Brightman posted:

Page 83 is probably better :colbert:

83 is only good if you believe no one can lie on the internet and then also not be horrible at lying on the internet

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How is Club Nintendo running ? I'm afraid to redeem my prize and something screws up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Oracle games are my favorite Zelda games except for maybe Wind Waker. They're a lot like Link's Awakening which as everyone knows is cool and good,

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

How is Club Nintendo running ? I'm afraid to redeem my prize and something screws up.

People have reduced the site to its final Geocities form.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't see any gifs of skulls or dancing babies

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Golf it is! Thanks guys.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fuzz posted:

Golf it is! Thanks guys.

Yeah good luck with that. Unless you already successfully redeemed it, then you motherfucker.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Can any who bought Story of Seasons tell me how it compares to Harvest Moon: A New Beginning? Better, worse?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

noirstronaut posted:

83 is only good if you believe no one can lie on the internet and then also not be horrible at lying on the internet

Even if they didn't actually do that, someone did, and then someone else did it again with that recent mod using part of a normal case's elastic game holders. Still funnier than someone messing up with autocorrect while phone posting (or maybe having a stroke).

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Pick one and then buy the other. One does not play only one of the Oracle games.

I guess I'll do this and get Seasons first, whenever club nintendo becomes usable.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Livestream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6fY6CUEYgw

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Direct will be almost 50 minutes long. :stare:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Do good david

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Terper posted:

Please understand

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Terper posted:

Yeah here's what will be in it:

-OUT NOW- Project Steam - Interview with Space Nerd Will Wheaton on what it was like to voice Abe Lincoln and then be immediately forgotten as somebody still alive
-XEnoblade Chronicles 3D - Finally, now everybody knows where the anime guy with the red sword from Smash Bros came from
-New 3DS XL - NEW COLOR - Green, gently caress you.
-New 3DS XL - OUT NOW
-Amiibo Wave 4 - New announcements! Ness exclusive to Target, Ganondorf exclusive to 7-11, Charizard exclusive to FootLocker, Robin FREE with the purchase of a house.

WiiU games:
-Star Fox U - 2016
-Splatoon - MSRP bumped down from $70 to $65! HOT NEW PRICE, COMES OUT JUNE
-Xenoblade Chronicles X - 20fifteeeanaahahahahahhahah
-

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Team Ninja will be developing Super Princess Peach 2.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Red Robin Hood posted:

Specifically this part:

Maybe I'm crazy O_O

I don't buy digitally so I know I'm behind the times...

That functionality has existed for a while now but it was tucked away in a part of the site that clearly wasn't ready to be made public.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So if I like Yoshi's Island, don't really have friends to play Mario Party with, and don't really like golf in real life (but LOVED Kirby's Dream Course for SNES), which platinum reward should I get?

I heard Yoshi's New Island isn't that hot, I can tolerate Mario Golf if it's fun even for people who don't like golf, and I've got Mario Kart 7 and NSMB2 already, and don't care about Animal Crossing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Xenomrph posted:

So if I like Yoshi's Island, don't really have friends to play Mario Party with, and don't really like golf in real life (but LOVED Kirby's Dream Course for SNES), which platinum reward should I get?

I heard Yoshi's New Island isn't that hot, I can tolerate Mario Golf if it's fun even for people who don't like golf, and I've got Mario Kart 7 and NSMB2 already, and don't care about Animal Crossing.

Get Tropical Freeze, sell the code on ebay for $20 and then buy a game that you do like.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Xenomrph posted:

I heard Yoshi's New Island isn't that hot

You heard correctly and, if you click this link, you'll never hear again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vo3RG5i4WY

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Terper posted:

Wasn't the last one that long as well? Aren't most of them about the same length?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Louisgod posted:

-Amiibo Wave 4 - New announcements! Ness exclusive to Target, Ganondorf exclusive to 7-11, Charizard exclusive to FootLocker, Robin FREE with the purchase of a house.

The housing market explodes as goons buy every available home on the market, fearful suburban families are trapped as sweaty, poorly dressed gamers camp outside hoping to pressure them into moving so the house becomes available.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Golf.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It started.

EU: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
When did nintendo turn into a micro transaction whore

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
sweet i can play as protoman

Lucas!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Their DLC is really good so who cares.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Their DLC is really good so who cares.

No it isnt

al-azad
May 28, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

When they lost a poo poo ton of money and realized the Wii U couldn't carry the mass appeal of the original.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It is. Sorry.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

homeless snail posted:

It is. Sorry.

lol $2 for some outfits FOH

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

African AIDS cum posted:

lol $2 for some outfits FOH

Stop being dumb on purpose

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Did Iwata just turn into Forest Gump?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

So you can get a three minute demo of a really old game with your amiibo?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Samus Amiibo Metroid Metroid II Super Metroid Tap Collection (RARE!!!) starting bid $500

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Andrast posted:

So you can get a three minute demo of a really old game with your amiibo?

Which is really ingenious because it introduces new/younger players to their catalog

But also apparently it's random and locked to that Amiibo so I can totally see people with too much money trying to collect Amiibo's with that character's game assigned to it.

Also has Nintendo addressed whether you can actually replicate an entire SMB level with Mario Maker because it seems kind of pointless if you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Stop being dumb on purpose

Sounds like you'd love ios gaming