Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Can't decide what to get as my gift on Club Nintendo.
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Party: Island Tour
Mario Cart 7
Ultimate NES Remix
Crashmo
Freakyforms
Super Mario Bros 3.
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Smoremaster posted:

This has probably been asked a million times but is it worth picking up a New 3DS XL just for monster hunter 4 ultimate? Is the 3d thing actually good or just a worthless gimmick? last DS I bought was a DSI.

Yes, it's worth it. The 3D tracking messes up for some people with glasses but it's works almost perfect otherwise.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Why?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the japanese direct has a trailer for the new ace attorney, bravely second, a fire emblem trading card game and a dragon ball fighter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLlvaX_rRTc

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Smoremaster posted:

This has probably been asked a million times but is it worth picking up a New 3DS XL just for monster hunter 4 ultimate? Is the 3d thing actually good or just a worthless gimmick? last DS I bought was a DSI.

Yes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

nothing about the combat looks fun

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

forbidden lesbian posted:

you're right about this

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lol nobody plays RPG's for the combat

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Smoremaster posted:

Yep.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

hmmm

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

All these bad opinions outside the SMT-thread jfc

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

it's the first thing i notice whenever anyone shows me gameplay, i guess the bigger issue is that nothing draws me to it, like character or plot-wise, and yeah sure you can post a bunch of music or whatever but hey guess what, tons of bad games have good music too, you're gonna need more then that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
and i play some rpgs for the combat, like the only reason i got thru FF13 was because i liked the paradigm system bc goddamn was everything else about it terrible

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

yes they do

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I play games for the gameplay.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

I played a videogame once

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fire Emblem if has a June 25 date for Japan but it's 2016 elsewhere, ain't that some bullshit.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

and i play some rpgs for the combat, like the only reason i got thru FF13 was because i liked the paradigm system bc goddamn was everything else about it terrible

Xenoblade gives you the option of going left, right, and even back! but if you're more interested in just looking at vistas rather than exploring them then okay, it's not for you.

Seriously though if you can stomach FFXIII then you'll do just fine by Xenoblade. The most interesting part of the combat (visions and changing the future) hasn't really been shown off in any trailers, and based on the half dozen hours I put into FFXXXIII, combat is more involved in Xenoblade with having to get timing for attacks right and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 2, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Why would you ever attack something from a menu instead of just hitting it with a sword directly, games are not math

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

34 minutes of Puzzle and Dragon stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4o5pGC-SHs

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

Why would you ever attack something from a menu instead of just hitting it with a sword directly, games are not math

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Fire Emblem if has a June 25 date for Japan but it's 2016 elsewhere, ain't that some bullshit.

I heard it's going to be episodic in Japan. Like only one path will be available but the other path will be sold as discounted DLC, but later on there will be a complete edition. So 2016 probably means the west will get the complete edition. Hopefully.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

I wish bill trinen was my uncle

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Rhythm Heaven 3DS is a mix of old tunes, remixes of old tunes and all-new tunes, as well as redrawn graphics. It'll also include local multiplayer for up to 4 people with download play. Out June 11.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I heard it's going to be episodic in Japan. Like only one path will be available but the other path will be sold as discounted DLC, but later on there will be a complete edition. So 2016 probably means the west will get the complete edition. Hopefully.

Maybe, the streams were buffering like hell so I was missing lots of info.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

That would make sense of the phrasing. Kinda hard to 'choose' when your version of the game focuses on a specific route. Plus, well, not as if Nintendo is unfamiliar with that kinda deal, due to Monster Hunter.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

I wish bill trinen was my uncle

I wish he didn't sound like a teacher who's been doing the same routine for 40 years and doesn't give a gently caress about what he's talking about.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Shibata does the EU directs and he's cooler than Bill Trinen

[

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

I wish he didn't sound like a teacher who's been doing the same routine for 40 years and doesn't give a gently caress about what he's talking about.

Spoiler alert: Bill Trinen wasn't the challenger roachin' in this video.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Can't decide what to get as my gift on Club Nintendo.
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Party: Island Tour
Mario Cart 7
Ultimate NES Remix
Crashmo
Freakyforms
Super Mario Bros 3.
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Mario Kart 7 definitely, if not that, then Mario Golf

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
If I'm plat on club nintendo, do I get two gifts or one? I was under the impression for some reason I'd get one for being gold and one for plat.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Sade posted:

If I'm plat on club nintendo, do I get two gifts or one? I was under the impression for some reason I'd get one for being gold and one for plat.

1 gift

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

When did nintendo turn into a micro transaction whore

1) Microtransactions are not inherently bad
2) Nintendo's DLCs are universally good value for the money
3) The actual gameplay affecting stuff (i.e. new characters) are their own separate purchases, so if you decide you don't want costumes, you don't have to pay for them

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are Code Name S.T.EA.M or whatever and AZURU STRIKURU GUNVORT any good? The latter seemed pretty Megaman-y and it seemed dece but I don't keep up on Nintendo stuff too much and they might be terrible.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gunvolt isn't as Megaman-esque as it might seem, it's an idiosyncratic score-focused game that probably won't interest you if you just wanna play to the end.

I haven't played STEAM but one of the biggest criticisms against that game (slow enemy turns) is being addressed with a patch.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Are Code Name S.T.EA.M or whatever and AZURU STRIKURU GUNVORT any good? The latter seemed pretty Megaman-y and it seemed dece but I don't keep up on Nintendo stuff too much and they might be terrible.

Codename STEAM is a good turn based strategy game, and Nintendo announced in the direct that just happened that they are gonna fix the biggest problem it had, the inability to fast forward enemy turns, soon.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's still odd that wasn't in to begin with, especially from experienced devs like IntSys. Really dragged down review scores from what I heard.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
If they really wanted to cross the IAP line they'd release that badge app with the pink rabbit in the West. The fact they didn't announce it coming out over here makes me think it'll probably never come over or they'll just sell icon packs wholesale eventually at E3.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I passed out. Did the Nintendo direct happen yet?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

greatn posted:

I passed out. Did the Nintendo direct happen yet?

You're alive! Thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Fortitude posted:

They're being sold as separate games, lol.

Fire Emblem Red and Blue

And a much more expensive edition that collects both