Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

Team Louisiana (4.65 million) aka the Power Forward State

Elfrid Payton / Langston Galloway
Marcus Thornton / Elijah Millsap / Markel Brown
Danny Granger / Garrett Temple
Paul Millsap / Brandon Bass / Tyrus Thomas
Greg Monroe / Glenn Davis

I'm trying to imagine how this theoretical team would even play. It would be terrible defensively, but what about the offense?

There'd be a lot of Elfrid Payton drive and dish to Paul Millsap or Granger in the corner. The upside is that your bench is all hustling defensive players so you could do offense/defense when necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
The New Hampshire Junior All Stars:

TJ Warren
Will Barton
T-Rob
Mitch McGary
Nerlens Noel

6th man: JaKarr Sampson

Coached by: Matt Bonner

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

commy gun posted:

I'm not sold on Durant to DC being the only way for the Wiz to have a future anymore. They have a young, talented back court and are a piece away from being a team to be taken seriously. It doesn't have to be Durant.

APRIL FOOLS

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
what door did he run into?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
It is quite possible the Spurs can move up to number 3 soon. I would suggest they either get 3 or 6 and stay far away from Golden State for as long as possible.

Edit: also new ESPN.com sucks dick. No I do not want to follow he yankees or Red Sox eat a loving dick.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Errant Gin Monks posted:

It is quite possible the Spurs can move up to number 3 soon. I would suggest they either get 3 or 6 and stay far away from Golden State for as long as possible.

Edit: also new ESPN.com sucks dick. No I do not want to follow he yankees or Red Sox eat a loving dick.

Spurs v. GSW WCF with the winner takin' the Cavs/Hawks/Probably Cavs would be a really great playoff

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Sniper in the building
http://streamable.com/x5k8

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Fast Luck posted:

BREAKING!!!!

The Sacramento Kings are planning to sign Sim Bhullar to a 10-day contract this week, according to league sources, which would establish the 7-foot-5 center as the first player of Indian descent in league history.

I had to check to make sure this wasn't an April Fool's joke, but good for Sim. He's gonna get dunked on so hard though.

It would be amazing if the Kings could somehow sign Tanveer Bhullar as well.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Jack's Flow posted:

I really believe Kerr succeeds and will continue to succeed because unlike Jackson he isn't totally full of himself. Kerr doesn't believe he is a "born leader", and I am more than happy to admit that I was totally wrong about him. The lesson, as always, is: gently caress Mark Jackson.

He may not be full of himself, but Kerr's snark game is on point.
"Worried that we'll split the series? Nah, couldn't be something like we're 10 games up or anything :smugdog:"

I started believing he might actually know what he was doing when Speights gave that "no coach has ever tried to build me up and be positive with me before"

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Spite posted:

He may not be full of himself, but Kerr's snark game is on point.
"Worried that we'll split the series? Nah, couldn't be something like we're 10 games up or anything :smugdog:"

I started believing he might actually know what he was doing when Speights gave that "no coach has ever tried to build me up and be positive with me before"

Considering he is a Pop acolyte it's not surprising. Pop would invite him to Spurs coach retreats and worked with him during and after his tenure here in San Antonio. Pop has a great eye for coaches. I can't wait to see Becky Hammon, NBA head coach.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
oh yeah speaking of new york playground superstars and in very much not nba not news, when we were talking about smush parker earlier and how he was in mongolia, i looked it up and he was also in THE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT, the nationwide 5v5 500k winner-take-all open-to-all tournament (but active ncaa and nba players are obviously dealing with contract issues) that grantland once talked about one time

anyway a SUPERTEAM of smush parker, luke bonner (yes, matt's brother), russell robinson of the 2008 kansas team, and two other bodies lost in the final four to team barstool captained by dahntay jones with josh boone (2004 uconn), andre barrett and some other new york nobodies

and then the notre dame alumni fighting irish ultimately won it all

in conclusion, gently caress notre dame

got some chores tonight fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 2, 2015

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I wanna drain it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Watching the Magic game right now and I am so, so glad this was just an April Fools joke.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paul has to get fined for that poo poo right?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Good.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

sloth love chunk

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mandrel posted:

sloth love chunk

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

jimcunningham posted:

Paul has to get fined for that poo poo right?

Pretty sad when the English Premier League has more stringent rules for diving.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

This is all very exciting since Windhorst has special access and doesn't report things without prior approval from Lebron's camp which means Lebron is trying to chum the waters where Blatt bathes which means Cleveland is like 4 months away from the dawn of the Mark Jackson Era.

The whole podcast was bizarre. He mentioned how Blatt got really mad at him when he reported some stuff a few months ago. Makes me wonder if the anti-Blatt stuff was getting a little personal with Windhorst.

The Lebron-Miami thing was weird too since he's Lebron's mouthpiece. Maybe it just came out the wrong way. I think PEDs are widely used but not sure what you're going to do in 2 weeks. If there is a way to fix a bad knee in 2 weeks for the love of God someone send Rose down there.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

warcrimes posted:

Pretty sad when the English Premier League has more stringent rules for diving.

Flopping rules will never work unless they enforced them equally for all players.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

BIZORT posted:

Curry has to be the most liked player in the league by fans at this point, right?

Seems like it. He recently established himself as having the greatest shooting season for a PG ever (supplanting 1995 Dana Barros :rip:)

He's also leading the league in WS/48 which is rare for a PG and only been done four times prior:

2008 CP3
1987 Magic Johnson
1970 Walt Frazier
1965 Jerry West

EvanTH posted:

Spurs v. GSW WCF with the winner takin' the Cavs/Hawks/Probably Cavs would be a really great playoff

The Spurs have really come on strong lately and are close to getting the eye of the tiger back. Tim Duncan is still one of the most productive players in the league at nearly age 39.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Considering he is a Pop acolyte it's not surprising. Pop would invite him to Spurs coach retreats and worked with him during and after his tenure here in San Antonio. Pop has a great eye for coaches. I can't wait to see Becky Hammon, NBA head coach.

Oh definitely. He readily admits his two main influences are Pop and Phil Jackson. And those two are like the snarkiest coaches in the last 20 years.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
God drat it the Bucks new M looks horrendous. It looks like loving Magneto or a minor league team. It does look like the neck of the deer so hopefully that lovely M is just for hats or whatever. Full logo/jerseys will be revealed the 13th.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Zogo posted:

The Spurs have really come on strong lately and are close to getting the eye of the tiger back. Tim Duncan is still one of the most productive players in the league at nearly age 39.

All of this is completely true + amazin' to watch and I agree. I have no disagreements. Please do not ban me for an emptyquote

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

tatankatonk posted:

Somehow it still isn't as good as

This plus bring back these.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hand Row posted:

God drat it the Bucks new M looks horrendous. It looks like loving Magneto or a minor league team. It does look like the neck of the deer so hopefully that lovely M is just for hats or whatever. Full logo/jerseys will be revealed the 13th.

Are talking about the deer on the beer glass? If so I disagree

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I can't wait to see Becky Hammon, NBA head coach.

It's gonna be really cool and people are going to have even worse and more incorrect opinions than they normally have about coaches. Her wins and losses will all be ascribed to her innate womanhood for many moons (moon is a reference to periods and period blood, a woman's issue not typically present in the NBA)

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Jesus mavs cmon

EDIT:Wrong thread whoops.

I cannot wait for the first female NBA coach.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I like it when it is hidden as the deer neck. But would you wear this hat?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bucks/media/grid?idx=0&tid=583451798842843137

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
the new bucks logo owns.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gotta hook the kids somehow.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hello I have a psychology question

You often see a player complaining to the ref when he's completely wrong. Just blatantly wrong wrong wrong. Do you think these players believe their complaints, or is complaining a reflex because they have found it works sometimes? Or is it something else? (Perhaps something far more sinister...?)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EvanTH posted:

You often see a player complaining to the ref when he's completely wrong. Just blatantly wrong wrong wrong. Do you think these players believe their complaints, or is complaining a reflex because they have found it works sometimes? Or is it something else? (Perhaps something far more sinister...?)

Probably both

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kiimo posted:

Gotta hook the kids somehow.

The difference between a normal buck and a Milwaukee buck is that Milwaukee Bucks have eyebrows

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

It can also be just pure frustration. People often yell at people or things when they get frustrated with their own behaviour. It's not even that they know they're wrong or right, it's just a raw emotional response.

In each situation it's probably different.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

EvanTH posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf1NwGOcpmU

Up until that happened, I would have said either they think they're right or something more sinister, but I think its just a reflex for most of them.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I've known little kids who regularly made themselves cry when their sibling barely bumped them, because they liked getting the attention and liked seeing their sibling in trouble

It's a learned response

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

EvanTH posted:

Alaska's State Team:

Mario Chalmers.

(also Carlos Boozer went to High School there for a while I think he was a military kid but otherwise it's only Mario on a gigantic island by himself)

Glen Rice Jr. was nearly conceived by Sarah Palin so that has to count for something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Anthony Bennett former #1 overall pick
https://streamable.com/la6m

• Locked thread