Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Sansa's flirting is too lewd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

In It For The Tank posted:

Sansa's flirting is too lewd.

Ok they just responded:

Elio and Linda posted:

@WarsofASOIAF Basically just the sudden burgeoning appearance of Alayne's sexuality, and that that focus happesn w/o reference to a certain character

I wasn't sure who the certain character was but someone suggested Sandor Clegane and now I remember there are a legion of creepy fucks who want Sansa to be with the Hound.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Jesus Christ gently caress those two and their opinions.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
That chapter was awesome, was worried it would be a Areo chapter for some reason.

BillBear fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 2, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
:love: SanSan :love:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Now draw the other angle, where it looks like she's making out with a pile of beef jerky.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
It's all setup but it doesn't feel like wheel-spinning. I like it.

Sansa's cover might be blown with Shadrich the Mad Mouse - he was looking for Sansa in Brienne's Feast story, and his line here about the gold dragons might indicate he recognized her. drat it George, stop making all these minor AFFC/ADWD characters I forgot about relevant.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Also this kinda shows us that Sansa isn't trying to murder/plot to murder SR as she seems to think he will live long enough to get married.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
If that's true than why is she still planning on marrying Harry the Heir?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Skizzzer posted:

If that's true than why is she still planning on marrying Harry the Heir?

She's marrying both of them. Littlefinger is gonna control Westeros by marrying her off to everyone. She'll have a kid and everyone will go "Oh, finally my house is the house of the king" and peace will reign for a thousand years.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

The feast proved to be everything her father promised. Sixty-four dishes were served, in honor of the sixty-four competitors who had come so far to contest for silver wings before their lord. From the rivers and the lakes came pike and trout and salmon, from the seas crabs and cod and herring. Ducks there were, and capons, peacocks in their plumage and swans in almond milk. Sucking pigs were served up crackling with apples in their mouths, and three huge aurochs were roasted whole above firepits in the castle yard, since they were too big to get through the kitchen doors. Loaves of hot bread filled the trestle tables in Lord Nestor’s hall, and massive wheels of cheese were brought up from the vaults. The butter was fresh-churned, and there were leeks and carrots, roasted onions, beets, turnips, parsnips.

:allears: never change, George.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Soup du Jour posted:

That was a drat good chapter, and it totally makes sense that it was cut from ADWD considering how much of it was set-up. But apparently this was the 'controversial Sansa chapter', which cements Elio Garcia as a moron in my mind.

It was controversial only because GRRM was at full mast with a dab of morning dew erupting from the tip while writing that chapter.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

colonel_korn posted:

:allears: never change, George.

No candied chestnuts or strawberry cordial, voted 1

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

ruddiger posted:

It was controversial only because GRRM was at full mast with a dab of morning dew erupting from the tip while writing that chapter.

please god no why

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Really? This is pretty tame stuff by his usual standards, I mean, poo poo in the first 10 chapters of the first book a 13 year old gets finger hosed. They're dancing. Anyway it was a decent chapter and it moves the plot along a bit, so that's nice.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
GRRM will just start outright serializing TWOW and release it chapter-by-chapter.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

She's marrying both of them. Littlefinger is gonna control Westeros by marrying her off to everyone. She'll have a kid and everyone will go "Oh, finally my house is the house of the king" and peace will reign for a thousand years.

While Dany walks around making GBS threads indiscriminately around the lemon trees.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Stupid GRRM's site stupid crashed and I can't read the stupid chapter :saddowns:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Elotana posted:

GRRM will just start outright serializing TWOW and release it chapter-by-chapter.

He's getting closer and closer to that. We are going to have almost 10 chapters leaked by the time it gets published if they keep doing this.

Also, Sansa with an actual personality is such a massive improvement over her character in the early books. I'm actually looking forward to her chapters now, well except for the part with Sweet Robin. That creepy child of the corn can die ASAP

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 2, 2015

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

BillBear posted:

Also this kinda shows us that Sansa isn't trying to murder/plot to murder SR as she seems to think he will live long enough to get married.

The way I see it Robin is in the process of getting murdered and Sansa is at the very least an accomplice to the act, she was explicitly told by the maester that giving him all that sweetsleep will eventually kill him yet she urges him to keep drugging Robin. I think that she is deeply in denial about this whole thing, she's even told by Littlefinger that his plans (which she's fully collaborating with) involve Robert dying at some point.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

In It For The Tank posted:

And there's still this massive emphasis on lemons coming from Dorne that has sprung up in both the books and the show. I don't put much stock in the "Dany grew up in Dorne, not Braavos" theory, basically because I don't know why GRRM would do that, but I can see why people do.

I've never heard this one before. Could you expand on this theory? What is it and what impact would it have on the story? I'm assuming there's not much to it except bored fans but I do find endless ASOIAF theorycrafting interesting.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if Littlefinger will manipulate the tournament to get Harry onto Robin's guard and give Harry the opportunity to off him.

Obviously Robin could just seize up and croak one day from poison and no one would suspect he was murdered, but if Littlefinger/Alayne can put themselves in position catch Harry doing him in, they can completely control Harry under the threat of exposing him as a killer.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

oatgan posted:

I've never heard this one before. Could you expand on this theory? What is it and what impact would it have on the story? I'm assuming there's not much to it except bored fans but I do find endless ASOIAF theorycrafting interesting.

Basically that Dany didn't grow up where she thinks she did and maybe her background in general isn't what she thinks it is either. It definitely is curious, though I think there's a possibility GRRM just hadn't thought about the weather in Braavos when writing the first book.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
-Braavos and the Eyrie are exactly the same distance north of the equator as each other, and the Eyrie imports their lemons.
- Arya mentions in AFfC that there are no trees in Braavos.
- One of Brienne's AFfC companions asks a riverlands inkeep for duck with lemon and is met with "lemons don't grow this far north".
- In ACoK, Dany remembers running up to the red door barefoot. Braavos is a dank, cold lovely place, while Dorne is warm and has nekkid kids all over the place.
- B.D.911, JFCMSB

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How can there be no tree in Braavos? Braavos is Greenland?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay, I got to read the chapter. GRRM has been loving on between this and Merry, the pressure from the TV show is clearly spurring him hard and it's getting great results. I've never liked Sansa more.

P.S.

quote:

“A good melee is all a hedge knight can hope for, unless he stumbles on a bag of dragons. And that’s not likely, is it?”
Shadrich totally knows.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yes he do. In AFfC he mentions he's seeking her in exchange for a plump bag of gold from Varys.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

whatever7 posted:

How can there be no tree in Braavos? Braavos is Greenland?

It's because Braavos is an artificial city, where a hundred different tiny isles are connected together by wooden bridges and whatnot.

However, it's said that trees are located in the garden of rich and mighty, so it's not impossible for there to be imported lemon trees. It just stands out as peculiar for the lemon tree to be such a prominent icon of Dany's childhood in Braavos when it is more commonly associated with Dorne.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The way I see it Robin is in the process of getting murdered and Sansa is at the very least an accomplice to the act, she was explicitly told by the maester that giving him all that sweetsleep will eventually kill him yet she urges him to keep drugging Robin. I think that she is deeply in denial about this whole thing, she's even told by Littlefinger that his plans (which she's fully collaborating with) involve Robert dying at some point.

You are probably right and I think at some point Sansa will intervene, it's clear she cares about him and while I do believe Sansa is becoming darker like her siblings she would never willingly kill her cousin, right now she really doesn't want to believe LF wants him dead despite knowing better. In the show it seems LF doesn't give any shits about SR though and is simply dumping him with Royce, so it's pretty interesting to see what will happen.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The Sweetrobin stuff is tricky because the epilepsy is legitimately killing him all on its own. I'm not sure to what extent even Littlefinger is morally culpable there, because at worst it seems like giving opiates to a dude with cancer. He can die horribly or you can overmedicate him and he dies peacefully; you're not exactly a monster for choosing the latter path.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
I'm probably wrong but I thought historically epileptic seizures were not an automatic death sentence, provided they had medical care, which SR does. Littlefinger and by extension Sansa are looking out for their own best interests. If that meant keeping SR alive, they would keep him alive. Otherwise, his mom goes, and he's next. They both are well aware that they're slowly killing him with all the medication, anyway.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

As usual, motivation matters. While Sansa and/or LF might be telling each other that it will ease his pain, there is no way that that is their primary concern. He's an obstacle and that has to be removed, that's the reason. Nothing more, nothing less.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Linda & Elio are nuts if they think that chapter qualifies as being contoversial.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

TOOT BOOT posted:

Linda & Elio are nuts if they think that chapter qualifies as being contoversial.
redundant.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Skizzzer posted:

I'm probably wrong but I thought historically epileptic seizures were not an automatic death sentence, provided they had medical care, which SR does.
You're not wrong, but SR has an extreme case that's getting worse over time. People were putting zero odds on his reaching adulthood long before Littlefinger ever came to the Vale.

double nine posted:

As usual, motivation matters. While Sansa and/or LF might be telling each other that it will ease his pain, there is no way that that is their primary concern. He's an obstacle and that has to be removed, that's the reason. Nothing more, nothing less.
This is valid though.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Linda rates every ep of the show at around 2/10 or 3/10 even some seriously amazing TV like Blackwater and the Rains of Castermere, she's totally delusional and even bashes on stuff GRRM himself says was very faithful to the source and totally awesome or on original stuff he really enjoyed.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, I got to read the chapter. GRRM has been loving on between this and Merry, the pressure from the TV show is clearly spurring him hard and it's getting great results. I've never liked Sansa more.

P.S.
Shadrich totally knows.

This chapter was cut from ADWD, it's at least 5 years old. Fat gently caress still ain't writin.

e: same with the Mercy chapter.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 2, 2015

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

The Mercy chapter is like 15 years old. It was originally planned to be Arya's first chapter after the five year time skip. it's gone through a bunch of revisions since then, but it is hella old.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I made a thing.

All hail Buddy Stormborn of House Tarkittyean, the first of his name, The Unburnt, King of Apartmentos, King of the lovely Cat and the Humans and the litter box, Kitteesi of the Great Bed Sea, Breaker of Cat Food Cans, and brother of dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Nice Ser Pounce cosplay, RETARD. He's supposed to be a long hair mackerel tabby.

But also for real that's super cool. How did you get your cat to sit on something that you made for him?

• Locked thread