Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Otisburg posted:

It's a android console that lets you play cell phone games... ON YOUR TV.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1623845638/zrro-touch-your-tv-from-the-couch?ref=jellop

WHOAH GAME CHANGER.

I already have one of these. It's called my phone linked to my TV with the cable and adaptor for that purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jedit posted:

I already have one of these. It's called my phone linked to my TV with the cable and adaptor for that purpose.

:thejoke: is not only that, but someone already successfully crowdfunded the dumb idea of a android "console" with ~all the power of a phone~ but none of the phone: the OUYA.

Hopefully this thing also has airplane mode.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Jedit posted:

This already got linked somewhere. Probably in this thread. Probably already discussed by the same people talking about it right now. One of the things it does is show where your fingers are on the screen so you aren't looking down to do touch controls.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So... an OUYA?

From the page itself,

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Cheez posted:

This already got linked somewhere. Probably in this thread. Probably already discussed by the same people talking about it right now. One of the things it does is show where your fingers are on the screen so you aren't looking down to do touch controls.

OK?

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Otisburg posted:

It's a android console that lets you play cell phone games... ON YOUR TV.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1623845638/zrro-touch-your-tv-from-the-couch?ref=jellop

WHOAH GAME CHANGER.
Finally I can play Clash of Clans at 720p60fps on my TV!!! Eat that COD scrubs.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Of course they made almost exactly the money they needed with only 763 backers and three days to go.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
I think the "Fool me once..." adage is pretty appropriate right now.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Of course they made almost exactly the money they needed with only 763 backers and three days to go.

One might find it suspicious that they've backed 16 projects, all of which made their funding within the past month. Maybe they're just that generous. Also their company has been around for 5 years and to be perfectly honest it seems like their product is completely done and they're just using kickstarter to rope suckers in.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Prop Wash posted:

One might find it suspicious that they've backed 16 projects, all of which made their funding within the past month. Maybe they're just that generous. Also their company has been around for 5 years and to be perfectly honest it seems like their product is completely done and they're just using kickstarter to rope suckers in.

Exactly. That's what makes it more suspicious. They create a kickstarter, fund it, video games websites write about it incessantly and you attract geeks that way. Otherwise no one would be interested in yet another android console.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
More Kickstarter_Minded_Folks.txt than an actual awful kickstarter but I figured you'd get a kick out of seeing how these people think:

quote:

I currently have no means of collecting funds to pay my team members but this does not mean that you will not be paid at all. This is obviously what the kickstarter is intended for.

However, in order to have a successful kickstarter, a teaser will be required to convince people to back us. With this being said, some of these positions will not paid until the teaser is complete and the kickstarter has been funded.

Consider this as your incentive to give this project your all. I will not be the only one depending on your skills to make this happen. You yourselves will be as well to insure that you get paid.
(Bolding mine).

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a lovely Kickstarter for all you Muslims out there.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/641560724/bilal-robot?ref=category

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Otisburg posted:

:thejoke: is not only that, but someone already successfully crowdfunded the dumb idea of a android "console" with ~all the power of a phone~ but none of the phone: the OUYA.

Hopefully this thing also has airplane mode.

But does it have a root button? :colbert:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
How did no one post this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prtyny/disco-dog-the-smartphone-controlled-led-dog-vest?ref=category

Seriously, that poor dog

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

$18,569
pledged of $15,000 goal

:smith:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They can't even make the dog look happy for their kickstarter page. I just see sadness and acceptance in that dog's face.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Disco Dog owns though.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

I'm sorry, you're looking for the Awesome Kickstarters thread. :colbert: Its worth noting that you have to pledge $300 to even get one of these things. This totally could have just been an etsy project, its totally not a kickstarter, they're using the site as their store page. They've already sold to the 100 or so people on earth who want them and it'll never be something they ever have to make in bulk. I would totally pet a discodog.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Make one that uses the dogs body heat and movement to charge an iPhone and you're set

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

unpacked robinhood posted:

Make one that uses the dogs body heat and movement to charge an iPhone and you're set

stretch goal: zombie steampunk themed version

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

unpacked robinhood posted:

Modify this to fit a cat and attach a laser pointer to it and you have the ultimate eco phone charger.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Normally they need whole battleships to power lazers, how fat of cat are we talking about here? At normal temperature and density we'd need like 4.5, maybe even 4.6 Megarfields worth of feline to power just ONE lazer. That's definitely not sustainable, not after what Bob Barker did to the feral populations.

edit: wtf is a laser pointer?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Laser pen, little pen-shaped object with a button on, you hold the button and it shines a laser dot wherever you're pointing it. They're used for pointing at things on whiteboards, etc, but you can also shine them on the ground on front of a cat and it'll chase it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

a better question is htf are you posting on the internet from the 1980s?

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Maw posted:

Laser pen, little pen-shaped object with a button on, you hold the button and it shines a laser dot wherever you're pointing it. They're used for pointing at things on whiteboards, etc, but you can also shine them on the ground on front of a cat and it'll chase it.

You can also shine it in your best friend's eyes to temporarily blind him.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Maw posted:

Okay, a dot, pointing at things. . . For the lazers to kill? I don't understand how these are related to lazers.

TetsuoTW posted:

a better question is htf are you posting on the internet from the 1980s?

The cargo elevator broke and then someone flooded the escape hatch with concrete and I think this is one of those bunkers they ended up selling to Elon Musk because nobody's come to check up on me in a while. Did Star Citizen get released yet?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Okay, a dot, pointing at things. . . For the lazers to kill? I don't understand how these are related to lazers.

what the gently caress

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
PHIZ KALIFA clearly hasn't learned about new laser technologies since the 1960s.

A laser pointer is like one of those sniper line pointer things. Also, laser are just a super focused beam of light. Being able to kill or vaporize anything has nothing to do with lasers.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

:wtc:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I think hope he was making a joke.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 233 days!)

And thus, the third thunderdome was constructed.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Did Star Citizen get released yet?
Who?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Xelkelvos posted:

Being able to kill or vaporize anything has nothing to do with lasers.

Being able to kill or vaporize anything is the whole point of lazers. :colbert:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the title of this kickstarter says it all better than I could even hope to describe. Unsurprisingly, the funding has been suspended, and thankfully.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

I think the title of this kickstarter says it all better than I could even hope to describe. Unsurprisingly, the funding has been suspended, and thankfully.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Manuel Calavera posted:

quote:

4000ml absorbency

Four liters? That's... I... drat.

quote:

Super leak guards

Durable PE plastic outer layer

There drat well better be if you're trying to King Canute 4L of "liquid" and "liquidish" byproduct.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Kobalt's dreams of erotically emptying his colon into a diaper that can take it all will have to wait, it seems.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

but not for long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

well now we know what shmorky's up to these days