Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, what? People outside Korea use hackshield? I thought it was illegal in western countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Truga posted:

Wait, what? People outside Korea use hackshield? I thought it was illegal in western countries.

I've seen it in other Asian games and if is always bad, but Bitdefender laughs at it so I've never had a problem

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I have nod32. Never had issues. I did sell my early access right before the game came out to the masses.

gnomers
Nov 14, 2004
I recently downloaded the game and played for a bit. I am currently level ten and have to say I kind of like this game. Quests were cool and leveling doesn't seem like a chore so far. I have to ask why all the hate?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried crystal meth for like 20 min. I dont see what the big deal is. It was really fun and I didnt age 40 years and lose my teeth. A+ would try again

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

gnomers posted:

I recently downloaded the game and played for a bit. I am currently level ten and have to say I kind of like this game. Quests were cool and leveling doesn't seem like a chore so far. I have to ask why all the hate?

Because the goons here have nothing better to do with there lives than to mercilessly poo poo on a game that was over hyped (like all mmo games) and didn't live up to there expectations. Also some whales paid upwards of 200 dollars on the beta of this game and are taking out there frustrations with there poor life decisions on it.

Edit: also goons, like most humans (in including me at times), are completely retarded.

hey welcome to the show! fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 3, 2015

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

gnomers posted:

There's no doubt that the game was poorly managed, but the hate for this game is definitely out of proportion/control, and really just kind of weird. If you take the game for what it is, it should give you several months of fun, maybe more, which is more than I can say for 95% of MMOs out there.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fauxtool posted:

bullshit,

Other anti-cheats that do work dont need anywhere close to the permissions hackshield does. Its garbage and its unnecessarily invasive. This is the anti-cheat that forces a crash if you open notepad while running the game.

But doesn't stop you from planting trees on the bottom of the world. GotY!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Finndo posted:

There's no doubt that the game was poorly managed, but the hate for this game is definitely out of proportion/control, and really just kind of weird. If you take the game for what it is, it should give you several months of fun, maybe more, which is more than I can say for 95% of MMOs out there.

Yeah, I agree. I'm still playing and having fun. I've spent a total of $25 on it, and don't feel bad about that money at all. It isn't as good as the hype led me to hope, but parts of the game are fun. I'm never ever going to get the cool end game gear, and I'm not sure anyone does without spending crazy amounts of money, but I'm fine with that. I can lol at occasionally getting ganked by people who spent hundreds of dollars to out-gear me.

It is too bad that boneheaded management decisions and korean quirks turned hype into bitterness in record time. It's really not a terrible game.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angela Christine posted:

thats the point im trying to make. Hackshield is so invasive that it should be great, but somehow AA ended up being the easiest game to hack in

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Because the goons here have nothing better to do with there lives than to mercilessly poo poo on a game that was over hyped (like all mmo games) and didn't live up to there expectations. Also some whales paid upwards of 200 dollars on the beta of this game and are taking out there frustrations with there poor life decisions on it.

Edit: also goons, like most humans (in including me at times), are completely retarded.

You weren't there man. You don't know man.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ScorpioMajesty posted:

No it's really bad actually

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Angela Christine posted:

Hit points and which of any buffs in the game are applied is handled client side. No amount of invasive anticheat can get past that kind of bullshit-retarded failure of security 101 level concepts.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I think this video sums up Archeage nicely. https://youtu.be/wG06WAxoR9k?t=89

Credit Card Open!

Pepper Belly
Jan 10, 2010
what ever happened to that pedo lover sct

did his pirate guild win archeage

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
i don't know when he quit exactly but he hasn't played for at least a month, probably more like two. pirate guilds keep imploding and remaking and remain convinced they're the best players on the server despite being poo poo

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pepper Belly posted:

what ever happened to that pedo lover sct

did his pirate guild win archeage

the only winners are the people that quit playing and got full refunds

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its amazing because as unfun as Archeage turned out to be, the pirate faction was even less fun

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

its amazing because as unfun as Archeage turned out to be, the pirate faction was even less fun

Get locked out of practically everything in exchange for the ability to run daily quests for a month in pursuit of a title that slightly increased cannon damage? Sign me up!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unguided posted:

Get locked out of practically everything in exchange for the ability to run daily quests for a month in pursuit of a title that slightly increased cannon damage? Sign me up!

lol if you dont count playing with pedophiles a bonus

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unguided posted:

Faster swim speed too right? :v:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

But there is rumblings that in the next big patch they will make pirate titles only for pirates. Which means if you return to faction you cant use your faster swim title.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, I agree. I'm still playing and having fun. I've spent a total of $25 on it, and don't feel bad about that money at all. It isn't as good as the hype led me to hope, but parts of the game are fun. I'm never ever going to get the cool end game gear, and I'm not sure anyone does without spending crazy amounts of money, but I'm fine with that. I can lol at occasionally getting ganked by people who spent hundreds of dollars to out-gear me.

It is too bad that boneheaded management decisions and korean quirks turned hype into bitterness in record time. It's really not a terrible game.

The thing is the Trion version is actually considerably worse than any other version out there. While the original Korean version isn't exactly that great to begin with and hackshield does suck the big one I could probably actually stand playing the Russian or Korean versions but luckily I don't have to since there are plenty of completely free games that are vastly better out there.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Morglon posted:

The thing is the Trion version is actually considerably worse than any other version out there. While the original Korean version isn't exactly that great to begin with and hackshield does suck the big one I could probably actually stand playing the Russian or Korean versions but luckily I don't have to since there are plenty of completely free games that are vastly better out there.

Like?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Throw a rock

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The ability to own your own persistent land in the world was one of the fairly uncommon gimmicks heavily advertised for AA. Other versions had a hard limit on how many pieces of property you could have, while Trion allowed each player to grab as much land as they can but tried to discourage land hoarding with a graduated tax rate. So if you didn't get in during the founders early access you could be waiting months to get any land. If you didn't have awesome ping or use a hack program, you might find your only way to get land was to buy it from a land baron.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I think he was asking for other game suggestions. Can't say it's the greatest game ever, but I have some closed beta keys for Triad Wars. Am I allowed to post them in the thread?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Allowed? There are rules in the Archeage thread? :monocle:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Finndo posted:

I think he was asking for other game suggestions. Can't say it's the greatest game ever, but I have some closed beta keys for Triad Wars. Am I allowed to post them in the thread?

:justpost:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
A9C55737-1E71-4125-B87D-21865134A326
B45220CB-E44C-4C75-AD5F-91718687D7ED
44C7BE11-9B18-43B9-A0DD-1B3063FCE326

there is 3. Post if you use one tia

edit: all gone

Byolante fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 5, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Byolante posted:

A9C55737-1E71-4125-B87D-21865134A326
44C7BE11-9B18-43B9-A0DD-1B3063FCE326

there is 3. Post if you use one tia

Thanks!

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Took

Thanks

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
More Triad Wars -- like the other guy said please post when you take one. Thanks.

7A10C11E-8C05-435A-BAFC-71D9505372CD
CA7F596E-78E6-4B60-ABFF-AEB47A6358D6
11E9DAE5-5541-4595-9474-C56BB2964B6A
FF08D0A9-D260-4604-9CE1-07727B6BDE1D

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Finndo posted:

11E9DAE5-5541-4595-9474-C56BB2964B6A

Thanks!

And if anyone else is confused on how to use the key follow this guide starting at part 3

http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/triad-wars-beta-keys

Feed Me A Cat
Jun 18, 2012

Finndo posted:

7A10C11E-8C05-435A-BAFC-71D9505372CD

Thanks for the key.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Finndo posted:

CA7F596E-78E6-4B60-ABFF-AEB47A6358D6

Used, thank you.

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
Same deal as the others, triad thing keys:

1157DE0A-8204-432F-BC58-65CF87394BF3
DB895A79-4FD8-4979-BC4C-D56CE8D4B46C
4012C6ED-59C3-462D-9F0A-818B4E594795
6E9A7124-2D81-4633-A99D-F3E928BFFA75
25643AE0-D822-4A80-8E54-611396B6C2AF

Post when you take 'em.

I haven't even played the game yet but I hear it's kinda poo poo so w/e.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Their website is kind of a mess, but it looks like they don't have houses to decorate or farms to hoe. Worst game ever.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

Top Quark posted:

1157DE0A-8204-432F-BC58-65CF87394BF3

Stolen by me. Somehow this thread keeps delivering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Angela Christine posted:

Their website is kind of a mess, but it looks like they don't have houses to decorate or farms to hoe. Worst game ever.

Their website is the worst game website I've seen in a long time. Slow loads, tons of error pages, their front page is like some clickbait fever dream, I still couldn't find where to enter the beta code after 10 minutes of looking (could enter a real game code though, but the beta codes don't work on that page). Screw it, another dead-in-1-month-MMO isn't worth that hassle.

• Locked thread