Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

#1 priority: fix your borders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Change Capital and Culture to Bosnian.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those kinds of borders are only acceptable if you are Crusading a lot. You suck

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish posted:

Those kinds of borders are only acceptable if you are Crusading a lot. You suck

The hosed up borders came from digging a straight line to the holy sites of the Slavic faith through Germanic tribes so I could reform the faith and call holy wars on Old Slav rulers without wasting my ruler's Subjugation.

Hungary would have been assimilated, but in 810-ish it switched from Avarria to Pannonia and a Reformed Slav took the crown. Right now I'm trying to convince an angry Tengri vassal to overthrow the Pannonian king, then after he's done I'll subjugate him and that will be that.

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

Map's.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Transmetropolitan posted:

So, I got a little bit pissed:

"gently caress YOU AUSTRIA AND YOUR STUPID CLOWN CAR" mode on

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

If only it were easier to play France in EU4.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

L,mao.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

usually when im playing a top 3 country, i think "i need to be stronger because this is too hard"

glad to see others are agreeing withm e.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best way to be a dickhead to Austria, is to let the Styria rebels sieze a big chunk and then release them as a vassal, and destroy Austria as sub-Austria.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
*plays as Austria*

"gently caress YOU FRANCE AND YOUR STUPID CLOWN CAR"

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

lmao

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

If i were going to do that i honestly wouldnt have even thought to try giving a general that many pips

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Does this guy know you can type "winwars" into the console instead of bothering to cheat yourself the general equivalent of a nuke?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

Does this guy know you can type "winwars" into the console instead of bothering to cheat yourself the general equivalent of a nuke?

Or you could just wash over Austria because you have more troops than them after Succession before even taking your vassals into account but hey, whatever.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Or you could just wash over Austria because you have more troops than them after Succession before even taking your vassals into account but hey, whatever.

I mean if you're going to cheat. Like why take the long route to cheating?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

I mean if you're going to cheat. Like why take the long route to cheating?

I'm just saying that I really hate how the Games threads for CK2 and EU4 has someone asking how to beat the Abbasids or the French every 5 pages and there's always at least 2 or 3 clowns saying you should just cheat to beat them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm just saying that I really hate how the Games threads for CK2 and EU4 has someone asking how to beat the Abbasids or the French every 5 pages and there's always at least 2 or 3 clowns saying you should just cheat to beat them.

before ironman mode existed that was almost all of answers

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

before ironman mode existed that was almost all of answers

I can understand cheating yourself a slightly wealthier start or something, because being a tiny weak poor nation is brutal in both games... But there's so many dudes talking about their epic WC attempt where they cheated themselves to have triple anyone else's money and troops or whatever.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

I can understand cheating yourself a slightly wealthier start or something, because being a tiny weak poor nation is brutal in both games... But there's so many dudes talking about their epic WC attempt where they cheated themselves to have triple anyone else's money and troops or whatever.

lmao. that's bad rear end.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Games sounds awesome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

Games sounds awesome.

It's win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Games sounds awesome.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

Games sounds awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I desperately want to be cucked by Satan.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I desperately want to be cucked by Satan.

Epic thissery. Voted 5.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Larry Parrish posted:

Epic thissery. Voted 5.
So epic, a 5 isn't sufficient. I fired up the console and voted 9999! :c00l:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What features am I missing by not having el dorado. Besides the nation designer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

What features am I missing by not having el dorado. Besides the nation designer.

Nation Designer, auto-exploring, new Meso and South American religions (which are extremely loving strong if you can stand to play a New World nation and pass all the reforms, BTW), and uhhhhhhhhhhh i think that's it actually. I don't know if you can play the randomized mode with normal tags or the completely-random mode without the DLC.

Auto-exploring is kind of gay if you are playing a New World nation (you can't use the land auto-explore if your capital is in a colonial region), but the sea auto-exploring is very nearly worth it all on its own. It's great. I think they nerfed the speed of it or maybe just the mods I've been playing lately did. It used to be lightning fast and I'd have everything in my colonial range completely explored within a decade. The upside of auto-exploring being limited by your colonial range is that there's no more Portugese ships chilling in China in 1500, and combined with the Treaty of Tordesillas feature, the AI tends to focus on one area at a time instead of colonizing provinces at random and making the whole world a clusterfuck.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving OPMs!!!!!!!!!11111

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Candia

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
*accidentally goes 2% over 100% overexertion* allahlu ackbar

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good thing I stole Naples from Aragon already :negative:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Good thing I stole Naples from Aragon already :negative:

force PU castile

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KoldPT posted:

force PU castile

I'm the Papacy

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Whoa I hadn't noticed the dev diaries on the paradox forum... Seem sick?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Parliament and improving provinces looks p sick

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm excited for whatever future DLC they come in, but then again every DLC for EU4 has been great except like uhhh purple phoenix and the USA one which were pretty boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

The EU4 DLC have seriously kicked rear end compared to the CK2 ones