Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Out of characters I feel have an actual chance, I just want Chibi Robo and an Advance Wars character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I legit think Captain Toad would be an interesting fighter, besides having NO idea how they would handle him jumping. He's not supposed to be able to jump, but you need to have the ability to in this game.

I love the idea of Capt Toad being a heavyweight because of his backpack

It's okay in the ballot I explained he can take off his backpack and swing it like an Olympic Hammer Thrower which propels him upwards like a helicopter I've got you covered

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Advance Wars character.

Well, I didn't want Olaf until just now.

Let the winds of war bring snow!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Deviant posted:

Well, I didn't want Olaf until just now.

Let the winds of war bring snow!

Uh, they wouldn't pick Olaf over Elsa to be a fighter, if anything Olaf would be an assist trophy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Elsa would be a super easy Zelda clone. DownB would be that ice monster thing, then just snow magic everything else.

e: This game's winner is... Elsa! *Let it Go plays*

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Macaluso posted:

Uh, they wouldn't pick Olaf over Elsa to be a fighter, if anything Olaf would be an assist trophy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why ISN'T he an assist trophy.

Get out of here, stupid red tanks assist. No one likes you anyway, Andy.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Elsa would be too overpowered, her final smash would be forcing all parents in the house to off themselves because of the song

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Out of characters I feel have an actual chance, I just want Chibi Robo and an Advance Wars character.
I would love a Red Army Commander who summons tanks and planes and such. I think he'd play a bit like Duck Hunt.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I vote for Zero.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What tier list do you guys think the Frozen characters would end up on?

For starters I'm pretty sure Elsa would be A, if not S tier.
Anna's basically useless, but she's got a good slug in her so maybe high D or low C.
Olaf, now, I see him as having potential if he somehow gets a character slot. At least mid-B tier.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hans would have some pretty good kill moves but awful recovery

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

anna is an iconic fire emblem character who has been in every game in the series, and she deserves to be a playable character. that's my opinion

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I hear all these DK votes like K. Rool and Dixie, but I think we're all missing the best choice of them all.

Bluster Kong.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Hans would have some pretty good kill moves but awful recovery
He could use the hostages as a shield like Peach's B with Toad, and he could plant C4 like Snake. I'm thinking his final smash would summon an FBI helicopter and then blow everyone up.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Wonder if Ibushi has legit broken fingers and if that contributed to a couple weird looking spots. Great match though, not a MOTYC but these two will find their stride and next time should be even more bananas.

Oh and G1 being like a month is so awesome. They'll probably do a few tournament matches at each show and a bunch of tags. So it's safer for the guys, means more wrestling overall and it feels bigger. It's an excellent way to evolve the tournament.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The best part about Advance Wars representation in this game is the trophy for the tank and soldiers is part of the Classic NES collection case.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Reiley posted:

The best part about Advance Wars representation in this game is the trophy for the tank and soldiers is part of the Classic NES collection case.

Only 80s kids will

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

FactsAreUseless posted:

He could use the hostages as a shield like Peach's B with Toad, and he could plant C4 like Snake. I'm thinking his final smash would summon an FBI helicopter and then blow everyone up.

Wait... we are talking about Han Solo, right?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'd prefer King K. Rool, to be honest.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's kind of presumptuous to assume that Nintendo's gonna model 6 different outfits for the character.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

It's kind of presumptuous to assume that Nintendo's gonna model 6 different outfits for the character.

Yeah, they couldn't even model a mask alt for 1!

:negative:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well, expect these characters to get botted close to the top of the polls.
I don't know if I would laugh or cry if crystal got in before wolf(or at all, really)

mabels big day posted:

I'd prefer King K. Rool, to be honest.
King K. Rool is really ugly

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Tingle, Lanky Kong, Daisy.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

You apparently exist solely to make worthless shitposts in this thread

i exist to drop truthbombs, like "there's too much kid icarus in Sm4sh"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I remember when I was really excited at the prospect of Kid Icarus coming back as a franchise. Be careful what you wish for right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

qnqnx posted:

I wish that Palutena didn't suck. But she does suck. I think if it was just Pit and Palutena it would be okay, but Dark Pit is not okay.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

qnqnx posted:

I am sorry to lay this truthbomb down on you but Kid Icarus: Uprising was developed as a precursor to Smash 4 for 3DS and is now part of the Smash Universe as envisioned by Masahiro Sakurai

E:

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish that Palutena didn't suck. But she does suck. I think if it was just Pit and Palutena it would be okay, but Dark Pit is not okay.

Palutena with custom moves is actually fairly good, it's just her base moves suck

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I am sorry to lay this truthbomb down on you but Kid Icarus: Uprising was developed as a precursor to Smash 4 for 3DS and is now part of the Smash Universe as envisioned by Masahiro Sakurai

E:

Palutena with custom moves is actually fairly good, it's just her base moves suck

Sakurai is a goddamn hack

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

qnqnx posted:

Sakurai is a goddamn hack
Sakurai understands game balance on a level you can't grasp.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sakurai understands game balance on a level you can't grasp.

I was going to reply to qnqnx and say he's dumb but then I read this and hahahahahahahafuck no

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I was going to reply to qnqnx and say he's dumb but then I read this and hahahahahahahafuck no
If you think Smash has poor balance, you have no style, you have no grace.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Smash has never been and never will be balanced

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Smash 4's balance is in fact so good that people are paralyzed by the sheer number of viable, fun characters that they just need to default to the same two or three to avoid sitting on the character select screen for half an hour.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

FactsAreUseless posted:

This dong, has a funny face.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Smash 4's balance is in fact so good that people are paralyzed by the sheer number of viable, fun characters that they just need to default to the same two or three to avoid sitting on the character select screen for half an hour.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Palutena is good

even with standard moves

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

qnqnx posted:

Incorrect. There isn't enough Kid Icarus in Sm4sh. We need Hades.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Palutena is good

even with standard moves

She is in possession of one of the most powerful taunts in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Pujas
Feb 22, 2015

by Cowcaster
#KrocTheVote