Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

romanowski posted:

where was it confirmed that sansa is replacing jeyne poole?

It hasn't been officially confirmed or anything, it's just speculation based on the fact that the second trailer shows Sansa at Winterfell, and the comments I reposted earlier based on the first four episode screeners mention something about several characters' plotlines being mashed together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

He presents her as but nobody believes she is the real Sansa Stark.

e: she gets all Manderly's one-liners esp. "The north remembers"

So the little spoiled brat who got her father killed remembers the north.

(I will change my stand if she goes Darth Sansa and serve some pie.)

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
This is a TVIV spoiler thread guys. We discuss spoiler and production news about the titled shows in their spoiler threads. We spoil Walking Dead, etc. in their spoiler threads even though there are books about the same story. If you want to discuss Game of Thrones the TV show without production spoilers, go to the non-spoiler thread. If you want to discuss the books, go to the book barn thread. We are going to spoil the TV show in this thread.

Sansa is meeting Ramsey this season.
Barristan dies in episode 5.
Jaime is in Dorne.

There, no more black bars needed.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

whatever7 posted:

So the little spoiled brat who got her father killed remembers the north.

(I will change my stand if she goes Darth Sansa and serve some pie.)

Ned was a huge dumbass and had no problem killing himself on his own, Sansa telling the queen about his plans is cut from the show anyway, as D&D said at 13 it isn't believable that Sansa would trust her like she would at 11.

Besides, Ned installed the idea of queens being angels and he basically told her that her whole reason for existing is so she can marry a great lord, suddenly she's getting everything she's ever wanted and Ned's like "Nope, let's go home" and doesn't say why, he was kinda terrible at raising his daughters. She, like Theon, got completely poo poo on for doing what is expected of her.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

He should be happy to get a death scene instead of just being written out like the Dothraki guy from S2. Poor Kovarro :sigh:

RIP Kovarro you were too good for this gay earth story line

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

zVxTeflon posted:

RIP Kovarro you were too good for this gay earth story line

We'll always have this at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P38EG97zlOg&t=30s

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

colonel_korn posted:

the first four episode screeners mention something about several characters' plotlines being mashed together.

Isn't it super likely this is talking about Tyrion and Dany?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

He presents her as but nobody believes she is the real Sansa Stark.

e: she gets all Manderly's one-liners esp. "The north remembers"

yep my bet is the Sansa/Ramsay wedding is a Red Wedding 2.0

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007

rydiafan posted:

Isn't it super likely this is talking about Tyrion and Dany?

Tyrion is not meeting Dany within the first four episodes, I'm almost positive. Dany's plot is almost certainly going to end with the fighting pit scene, and the only shots we've seen with them together is that very scene. Not to mention Tyrion still has to travel across Essos and there are scenes of him boating down the river and being in Volantis.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

colonel_korn posted:

It hasn't been officially confirmed or anything, it's just speculation based on the fact that the second trailer shows Sansa at Winterfell, and the comments I reposted earlier based on the first four episode screeners mention something about several characters' plotlines being mashed together.

The smashed together plotline could just as easily be Littlefinger being the Manderly stand-in though. And it would even be in character.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So can they still work the milfy septa bathing in the river every morning scene into Tyrion's boat journey some how?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

whatever7 posted:

So can they still work the milfy septa bathing in the river every morning scene into Tyrion's boat journey some how?

Would you like some Jorah bathing in the river every morning?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lycus posted:

I think a large part of the audience would very much like that, yes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Lycus posted:

Awww yeah

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I just realized I haven't read the books since 2011 and I completely forgot everything that happens in the last two. :psyduck:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghetto Prince posted:

I just realized I haven't read the books since 2011 and I completely forgot everything that happens in the last two. :psyduck:

Here's a quick summary: "nothing important". :v:

The show's apparently on track to make a single silk purse out of a pair of sow's ears, however, if the early reviews for the first few episodes are anything to go by though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ghetto Prince posted:

Brienne wanders around
Cersei takes a walk
Dany goes insane from being so bored with her own plotline
Jon dies
Arya dies

I think that was it.

Read "Brienne wanders around" about 150 times to get the full book experience though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Brienne wanders around
Cersei takes a walk
Dany goes insane from being so bored with her own plotline then shits herself in the desert
Jon dies
Arya dies

I think that was it.

Read "Brienne wanders around" about 150 times to get the full book experience though.

Fixed that one for you. :colbert:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
While we're on this subject, can someone refresh my memory as to exactly why Jorah, while he's abducting Tyrion, is letting Penny tag along? Why doesn't he tell her to gently caress off or hit her with something until she runs away?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I think the Volantene noblewomen forces Jorah to take Penny along when she gives them a ship to go to Meereen.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lycus posted:

While we're on this subject, can someone refresh my memory as to exactly why Jorah, while he's abducting Tyrion, is letting Penny tag along? Why doesn't he tell her to gently caress off or hit her with something until she runs away?

Hes going to breed an army of midget unsullied and take back westeros for Dany

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The more I think about it the more obvious it seems that Lyn Corbray will kill Harry in the tourney, other than the whole "dangerous man, he's a dangerous man, lyn is a dangerous homosexual man" thing that comes up whenever he appears and the "double double cross" thing Sansa thinks about also the name of his sword seems very on the nose, not only has every marriage or betrothal involving Sansa went off-track at some point leaving her 'forlorned' but this also fits in the sense that her and LF's plans are not gonna come to fruition.

It would also fit the whole 'master schemers have their well thought out plans destroyed by the unpredictable actions of hot headed thugs' thing.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The more I think about it the more obvious it seems that Lyn Corbray will kill Harry in the tourney, other than the whole "dangerous man, he's a dangerous man, lyn is a dangerous homosexual man" thing that comes up whenever he appears and the "double double cross" thing Sansa thinks about also the name of his sword seems very on the nose, not only has every marriage or betrothal involving Sansa went off-track at some point leaving her 'forlorned' but this also fits in the sense that her and LF's plans are not gonna come to fruition.

It would also fit the whole 'master schemers have their well thought out plans destroyed by the unpredictable actions of hot headed thugs' thing.

Yeah, I was getting those vibes as well. Question is, will Shandrich try to kidnap Sansa first, or will Harry be killed first?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It would be very in-character for Sansa if Lyn kills Harry in a suspicious manner during the tournament only for Shadrich to kidnap her at the exact same time making her, once again, appear complicit in some crime she actually knew nothing about.

Edit: might as well post this here

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 5, 2015

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

Ghetto Prince posted:

Book 1 Ned Stark dies
Book 2 A-CoK
Book 3 Rob Stark dies
Book 4 nothing
Book 5 nothing
Book 6 TWISTS :catdrugs:

Wasn't Ser Lyn Corbrey the guy who Bronn guts in the Eyrie in Season 1 / Book 1 or am I confusing him with another?

Ross fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 5, 2015

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Ross posted:

Wasn't Ser Lyn Corbrey the guy who Bronn guts in the Eyrie in Season 1 / Book 1 or am I confusing him with another?

That was Vardis Egan. Corbray is one of the other Vale knights who Littlefinger is apparently paying to inform for him while publicly feigning hatred for him. He makes a big scene in AFFC when he arrives with Yohn Royce and the other Lords Declarant after Lysa's death.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

colonel_korn posted:

That was Vardis Egan.

Oh right, sorry

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
That was Ser Vardis.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Pretty sure that was Vardis, he played the Mountain in the first season.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Ross posted:

Book 1 Ned Stark dies
Book 2 A-CoK
Book 3 Rob Stark dies
Book 4 nothing
Book 5 Jon Snow "dies"
Book 6 TWISTS :catdrugs:

FTFY

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

nine-gear crow posted:

Fixed that one for you. :colbert:

It's not a desert. It's the Dothraki Sea :goonsay:

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Brienne wanders around
Cersei takes a walk
Dany goes insane from being so bored with her own plotline
Jon dies
Arya dies

I think that was it.

You forgot that Bran meets a tree shaman and thinks about making the moves on Meera with Hodor's mind controlled body.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mischitary posted:

You forgot that Bran meets a tree shaman and thinks about making the moves on Meera with Hodor's mind controlled body.

Who's Bran?

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

PostNouveau posted:

Who's Bran?
Rickon in the show. Bran was too close to Bronn.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Have you guys seen this page before? I wouldn't be surprised if someone in this thread made this blog, it's got all the thread's biggest pet peeves covered.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Beeez posted:

Have you guys seen this page before? I wouldn't be surprised if someone in this thread made this blog, it's got all the thread's biggest pet peeves covered.

I always wonder whether people who claim to be Team Stannis are really dumb or just loving with me.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
One realm, one god, one king.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
I don't nerd out very often, because whatever, enjoy whatever you want. But when people think Dany's name is Khaleesi it triggers me. It triggers me hard.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I critically support Stannis very hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Friendly Factory posted:

I don't nerd out very often, because whatever, enjoy whatever you want. But when people think Dany's name is Khaleesi it triggers me. It triggers me hard.

The people who have been watching this show for four years but still can't name all the Starks are incredible to me.

• Locked thread