Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

precision posted:

Miniature Golf, on the other hand, owns in real life but there has never been a good mini golf game (or if there is someone tell me RIGHT NOW)

That weird PS3 mini-golf game starring Toro that came out in like 2 regions of the world was pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

precision posted:

Miniature Golf, on the other hand, owns in real life but there has never been a good mini golf game (or if there is someone tell me RIGHT NOW)

Kirby's Dream Course is much more mini golf than "real" golf. Yeah there's more than putting, but the game is full of bumpers and gimmick objects and wacky (and hilarious) power ups.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Isn't there a mini golf game on the eshop? Anyone know if it's decent?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Variable_H posted:

Nice. The mapping dynamic had me really confused on EO4 as I'd never played RPGs that required mapping before.

Goddamn kids today :corsair:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

homeless snail posted:

Golf has always made a better video game than a sport, I'm glad you've seen the light.

Golf in real life always struck me more as an activity, something to do while you walk around outside with some friends and drink. Bonus points for getting to drive around a golf cart, haven't played a golf video game that let's you do that.

Oddly HSG has improved my own golf skills ever so slightly, mainly just thinking about how to approach stuff better, but I haven't been golfing in real life in...um...gently caress, like 11 years? The can't be right, maybe 6 years...poo poo. I should go golfing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Brightman posted:

Golf in real life always struck me more as an activity, something to do while you walk around outside with some friends and drink. Bonus points for getting to drive around a golf cart, haven't played a golf video game that let's you do that.

Oddly HSG has improved my own golf skills ever so slightly, mainly just thinking about how to approach stuff better, but I haven't been golfing in real life in...um...gently caress, like 11 years? The can't be right, maybe 6 years...poo poo. I should go golfing.
I would play a "social" golf videogame, where you get to drive golf carts and drink beer, and drinking fucks up your driving and golfing accordingly.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
gently caress me sideways with a 9 Iron, Mario Golf is awesome. I can't believe I'm saying that about a Golf game... :psyboom:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

So glad Nintendo allowed a wider audience to experience the true path, the way of Mario Golf: World Tour. Have fun, guys. :cool:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Xenomrph posted:

I would play a "social" golf videogame, where you get to drive golf carts and drink beer, and drinking fucks up your driving and golfing accordingly.

It should just be a mode in any golf game, or it could be its own thing and you could rank up from crappy rural public courses and lovely beer to nice country clubs and top shelf libations. Mini-game where you hunt for your golf ball in the woods, end up finding a dozen others and take a mulligan, never go "ball poor" again though. Driving range mode where you just wait for the guy in the ball gatherer thing to come out and just try to hit it, taking a drink every time you miss of course.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EDIT: I suck at reading.

We really need Kirby's Dream Course 2.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tae posted:

Is every Atlus game just 50 bucks now.

SMT IV went as low as $13 on sale on the aussie eShop.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SeANMcBAY posted:

EDIT: I suck at reading.

We really need Kirby's Dream Course 2.
We really, really do.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Xenomrph posted:

Add in driving the golf cart like an ATV between each hole. That's how my friends and I play golf.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fuzz posted:

gently caress me sideways with a 9 Iron, Mario Golf is awesome. I can't believe I'm saying that about a Golf game... :psyboom:

Who are all you people that have never played a good golf game? Hot Shots Golf was almost 20 years ago, add like 10 years onto that for Links.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
A question for anyone who's played Etrian Mystery Dungeon: is there any way to directly upload your QR code online or to Miiverse or whatever, or do you have to manually upload it from PC via SD card? That's gonna be a massive pain in the arse on New 3DS.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

A question for anyone who's played Etrian Mystery Dungeon: is there any way to directly upload your QR code online or to Miiverse or whatever, or do you have to manually upload it from PC via SD card? That's gonna be a massive pain in the arse on New 3DS.

You could always email them to yourself.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Anybody else have significantly better battery life on the new 3DS. I played OoT for almost 4 hours straight and when I was done, the battery meter was only halfway down. I think it was getting close to turning red, but my old 3DS would die after like 2.5-3 hours. I was very pleasantly surprised.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Fremry posted:

Anybody else have significantly better battery life on the new 3DS. I played OoT for almost 4 hours straight and when I was done, the battery meter was only halfway down. I think it was getting close to turning red, but my old 3DS would die after like 2.5-3 hours. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I never had an old 3DS, but the battery meter on my N3DS doesn't seem linear at all. The second half of the battery meter seems to fall off way faster than the first half.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

eddiewalker posted:

I never had an old 3DS, but the battery meter on my N3DS doesn't seem linear at all. The second half of the battery meter seems to fall off way faster than the first half.

Same here. I'll check and have one bar gone. Then all of a sudden the light is flashing at me to charge. Well, not immediately but it's not a smooth transition at all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

eddiewalker posted:

Yeah, I get that. My 2DS got that before too.

e: my gf appears to be able to get an insane amount of battery life from Story of Seasons, like 6 hours, that one game seems to be freakishly easy on the battery

e2: going from 4 to 2 brightness when tolerable will give you a lot longer battery life

precision fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 6, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I made a new Mario Golf thread, go post in it!! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711493

Looks like they really are running another year of official tournaments, heck yeah.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, I finally finished SK2. AWESOME game, easily the best game on the series.

It runs smooth as buter and graphically is one of the best looking games available on the 3DS, the camera is only a hidrance before you learn to use the homing kunai, once you do you will never be victim of cheap shots by off screen foes.

Difficuly is perfect, not too hard but not too easy either. Every boss has different propierties and different tactics, Mirai for example is a pain in the rear end because she always break free of your combos while Ikaruga doesn't

The only truly hard boss is Dougen and that because he's more of a skill gate, you need to learn the game system and to read the enemies moves to win.

The tweaked moveset for every character makes for a more robust game that offers tons of combinations to try and master while the Tag team is a fantastic addition that I hope is polished down the line since it adds a fantastic hook to the series that along being fun as hell it could be what the series needs (aside of the boobs I mean) to stand out.

Can't comment a lot on the story but at least the use of cutscenes, fantastic soundtrack and top notch voice acting made it a memorable experience

The final cutscene made me wonder if they would put a definitive sign of Versus and SK2 being separate storylines though.

The game also boasts of having the most content with a CG/Cutscene/Voice/music/story galleries, enemy compendium, a blood palace-like extra mode and extra missions with different goals (like no damage, die on one hit, survive the timer). The game's longevity is considerable, making it a worthy purchase.

I really can't wait for the american release.

Oh and Daidouji keeps being AWESOME

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, I finally finished SK2. AWESOME game, easily the best game on the series.

It runs smooth as buter and graphically is one of the best looking games available on the 3DS, the camera is only a hidrance before you learn to use the homing kunai, once you do you will never be victim of cheap shots by off screen foes.

Difficuly is perfect, not too hard but not too easy either. Every boss has different propierties and different tactics, Mirai for example is a pain in the rear end because she always break free of your combos while Ikaruga doesn't

The only truly hard boss is Dougen and that because he's more of a skill gate, you need to learn the game system and to read the enemies moves to win.

The tweaked moveset for every character makes for a more robust game that offers tons of combinations to try and master while the Tag team is a fantastic addition that I hope is polished down the line since it adds a fantastic hook to the series that along being fun as hell it could be what the series needs (aside of the boobs I mean) to stand out.

Can't comment a lot on the story but at least the use of cutscenes, fantastic soundtrack and top notch voice acting made it a memorable experience

The final cutscene made me wonder if they would put a definitive sign of Versus and SK2 being separate storylines though.

The game also boasts of having the most content with a CG/Cutscene/Voice/music/story galleries, enemy compendium, a blood palace-like extra mode and extra missions with different goals (like no damage, die on one hit, survive the timer). The game's longevity is considerable, making it a worthy purchase.

I really can't wait for the american release.

Oh and Daidouji keeps being AWESOME

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

That gif is from the previous game opening though.

Is a special attack on Deep Crimson :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Can you please buy a new avatar so I stop confusing you with WickedHate?

Wait that WASN'T a joke?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does anyone care about the new Langrisser game? It'll be on stream in about 5 minutes:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv215716445?ref=qtimetable&zroute=index

I really doubt that it'll get an NA release but I would totally play it if it did.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 6, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

One of y'all recommended the Cyber Grip rubber coated grip and I got it and it works and my hands don't hurt anymore, so thanks.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

codenameFANGIO posted:

So glad Nintendo allowed a wider audience to experience the true path, the way of Mario Golf: World Tour. Have fun, guys. :cool:

I was completely turned off by the demo because I didn't find out until later that it defaulted to the babby mode and that the standard 3-click controls were also in the game. By that time I remembered that I own Everybody's Golf via PS+ so I never bought it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Anatharon posted:

Wait that WASN'T a joke?

They joked about censorship but the New 3DS/Wii U port is a real thing that is actually happening (but it's Nicalis so maybe not).

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Anatharon posted:

But it just wouldn't be Darktits without a Senran avatar.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Anatharon posted:

Neither of them post anything worth reading so I'm not sure why being able to tell them apart would be necessary

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

Neither of them post anything worth reading so I'm not sure why being able to tell them apart would be necessary

:iamafag:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Anatharon posted:

I'm the original user of this av though

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fuzz posted:

Lmao if you don't own two cartridge copies of mario golf 64, both 100%'ed.

homeless snail posted:

I made a new Mario Golf thread, go post in it!! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711493

Looks like they really are running another year of official tournaments, heck yeah.

yessssss :hfive:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Reminder: the GBC Mario Golf game is on the VC and it's also really good. (Mario Tennis GBC is better.)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

eddiewalker posted:

Yeah, me too, but I have never gotten 4 hours of playtime out of my old 3DS even when it was brand new. Just getting to 4 hours beat out my old 3DS at it's best by an hour.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Katana Gomai posted:

I was completely turned off by the demo because I didn't find out until later that it defaulted to the babby mode and that the standard 3-click controls were also in the game. By that time I remembered that I own Everybody's Golf via PS+ so I never bought it.

Thank you for telling me this.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lmao if you don't own two cartridge copies of mario golf 64, both 100%'ed.

I never had an N64, I skipped that whole generation of consoles because I was busy with stuff like college and and working! (and also I had a really good PC at the time)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

Thanks for this. Once I blast through Chrono Trigger again I'll be all over some goon tournaments. Good news about the official tournaments too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fuzz posted:

I never had an N64, I skipped that whole generation of consoles because I was busy with stuff like college and and working! (and also I had a really good PC at the time)

:ssh: you can still purchase previous generation video games and systems used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Do you like videogame swag? Here's a lot of videogame swag:

Great Ace Attorney is getting a rather limited edition with tons of stuff. Description stolen from Siliconera. "Includes the game, a pair of animal plushes with a Sherlock Holmes and Iris Watson motif, a set of six character postcards and a frame to go with it, a short story by Iris Watson in magazine-style, a Holmes card sticker, and Ryunosuke Naruhodo’s pin (the one worn on his collar)" along with Holmes’ private briefcase to fit all this plus a collection of illustrations and a mini-soundtrack CD for 10,800 yen plus tax. The last bits can also be purchased separately in a cheaper LE.