Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Trabant posted:

The peppermint kind leaves your undercarriage feeling tingly. Doesn't feel bad, just a bit :stonklol:

I don't really feel clean anymore without the tingle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Daimo posted:

Eagerly anticipating an 'ask me about being a Ghostbuster' thread.

I was meaning to ask, what does one use a firmware hacked thermal imager for? (If not Aliens vs Predator LARP shenanigans?)

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 14:11 on Apr 5, 2015

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

strangemusic posted:

I was meaning to ask, what does one use a firmware hacked thermal imager for? (If not Aliens vs Predator LARP shenanigans?)

You can use them to check your house's insulation. See if you are air conditioning/heating the outside.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

strangemusic posted:

Put a bunch of friends in a line and see who has the hottest crotch.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Good stuff, I like the retro jersey. I'm glad your team is relevant again, crush the Giants!

Thanks!

And here's the baby hat for the baby

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
No pictures but I got a ceramic blade box cutter, a Marvel Select Hawkeye figure (with Pizza Dog!), a Lamborghini hat and phone case, and Interstellar on Bluray.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Rubiks Pubes posted:

No pictures but I got a Lamborghini

Fuckin' sweet man

App13
Dec 31, 2011

djfooboo posted:

You can use them to check your house's insulation. See if you are air conditioning/heating the outside.

Also useful in enterprise IT for server room stuff

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tulip Candy posted:

Just bought my first set of business cards and now I'm really scared about using a really stupid design idea for it, seeing as I gave myself the title of designer on the drat things. gently caress.

Post them

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Android Bicyclist posted:

Twelve of these

Leinenkugel's Big Butt Doppelbock

I unashamedly wait all year for these

I just bought a 12 pack of these last night.

I don't drink beer often, but this is a staple during summer.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

Hey me too

along with a otterbox case and some other doodads

That's the phone my pops picked when we all went to the store to upgrade. The display is gorgeous. Pictures look like they are painted on the screen.

This came on my doorstep today via USPS, which is amazing considering it's easter sunday, and I ordered it a day and a half ago.

Spigen tough armor case.

The stand is handy for falling asleep to Netflix.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Decided to finally convert from gas over to electric lawn equipment. Got a hell of a deal on the mower, blower and string trimmer on craigslist and ordered the brush trimmer online without a battery since I already have the three chargers and batteries. My Craftsman mowers motors for the front wheels are dying and it's making it hard to push and my string trimmer is on its last legs anyway.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

larchesdanrew posted:

Yeah, same here. As soon as I saw this on the shelf it went into my shopping cart without a question asked to myself.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
Promo -58% : 32,40 €

Promo -58% : 32,40 €

Promo -50% : 27,50 €

obsolete absolution
Oct 9, 2007
forgiveness is meaningless

larchesdanrew posted:

This is good, but you should definitely try making your own!

One part to one part

I keep a pitcher out at summer get-togethers, and it's always more popular than any pre-made. Plus, cold shandy is great, room temperature shandy is even better, so you can just set yourself up with glasses and pitchers on the back porch and drink the afternoon away, no need to keep going to the fridge/cooler.

Keeping the party going into the night?

+

I've gotta run to the store.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

obsolete absolution posted:

This is good, but you should definitely try making your own!

One part to one part

I keep a pitcher out at summer get-togethers, and it's always more popular than any pre-made. Plus, cold shandy is great, room temperature shandy is even better, so you can just set yourself up with glasses and pitchers on the back porch and drink the afternoon away, no need to keep going to the fridge/cooler.

Keeping the party going into the night?

+

I've gotta run to the store.

Specifically those beers, or any wheat beer/brown ale? I know nothing about mixing drinks.

obsolete absolution
Oct 9, 2007
forgiveness is meaningless
Those are my go-to beers, but you should feel free to substitute your favorite hefewiezen or brown ale. It's next to impossible to screw up a shandy.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

obsolete absolution posted:

It's next to impossible to screw up a shandy.

Like I said earlier, I'm not a beer guy, but mixing Helles Yeah with a Sunkist is downright orgasmic, beats the hell out of their orange shandy. Shandys are... Well, they're just tops.

Minus Pants
Jul 18, 2004

strangemusic posted:

The Flir E4 hardware is exactly the same as the E8, which has much higher resolution and also a +$3k price. You really need the extra resolution for effective ghostbusting and alien finding. Also useful for checking enclosure cooling on random stuff I build.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Coca Koala posted:

Just ordered this:

And this:

A Raspberry Pi 2 and a Beaglebone Black, along with assorted cases, power supplies, and a flash card with an OS for the pi.. I figure I can hook the Pi up to my TV and use the web browser to watch stuff like Twitch on my big screen instead of my monitor, because the web browser on the PS4 is just unbelievably lovely.

The Beaglebone Black is for more general messing around and software development of small projects; I tried dual booting with Windows and Linux for a while, and it ended up being more trouble than it was worth. Running linux in a VM is just barely slow enough that it bothers me. So I'll run Ubuntu or something on the Black and use that instead of building an entirely separate computer that would be way more than what I need.

Now I just need to figure out a way to switch keyboard and mouse input from my desktop machine to the black that's more graceful than unplugging everything and moving it over.

I understand the fun behind tinkering with and customizing the device to your liking but I never understood why people go for the Raspberry Pi, especially for media center applications.
It's slow (in comparison to the other android set top boxes) and not that much cheaper. I always thought just buy a drat Amazon FireTV.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Fire...=p2047675.l2557
It could be even cheaper than a Pi if you're brave enough to gamble on purchasing a rootable one (and got lucky to snag one of those refurbs).

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

travisray2004 posted:

I understand the fun behind tinkering with and customizing the device to your liking but I never understood why people go for the Raspberry Pi, especially for media center applications.
It's slow (in comparison to the other android set top boxes) and not that much cheaper. I always thought just buy a drat Amazon FireTV.
It could be even cheaper than a Pi if you're brave enough to gamble on purchasing a rootable one (and got lucky to snag one of those refurbs).

I don't think you 'get' DIY

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
6 pack of my favorite beer for $10, a few cigars, and some pork belly for dinner tomorrow night.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

6 pack of my favorite beer for $10, a few cigars, and some pork belly for dinner tomorrow night.

Sometimes I miss living in Colorado. I love Left Hand.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

Hey me too

along with a otterbox case and some other doodads

If you are wanting something less bulky than an otter box, I highly recommend Seidio cases.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

We just finally got Left Hand in Maine last month, and I'm in love with the regular milk stout. I bought some Nitro, but haven't tried it yet.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah it's pretty good. I guess they have some kind of nitro that isn't a stout but I've never seen it here in kansouri

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't think you 'get' DIY

I dont think you know the meaning of DIY, but moving on.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Digital posted:

Sometimes I miss living in Colorado. I love Left Hand.

Exactly the reason I love living in Colorado. Left Hand is 30 minutes from my house. One of my favorites!

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

travisray2004 posted:

Amazon Fire TV looks like it's 100-150 bucks, while the pi was 35.

Plus there's the DIY aspect of it; I've been wanting to find a project that uses a pi for a while, and this is a pretty lightweight, easy introduction to it. Later on, I might add more stuff; I bet there are IR emitters that I can get so I can turn the tv on from the command line instead of having to dig out the remote.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I bought a lot of beer and it's wonderful. Special releases from just about every relevant local small brewery. I've only tried two (Triple Hop Tripel and Nitro Brown Ale) and they've been excellent.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Coca Koala posted:

Amazon Fire TV looks like it's 100-150 bucks, while the pi was 35.

Plus there's the DIY aspect of it; I've been wanting to find a project that uses a pi for a while, and this is a pretty lightweight, easy introduction to it. Later on, I might add more stuff; I bet there are IR emitters that I can get so I can turn the tv on from the command line instead of having to dig out the remote.

This is a fun and *really* easy thing to do with it. It also is a public good!

https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

FishBulb posted:

Yeah it's pretty good. I guess they have some kind of nitro that isn't a stout but I've never seen it here in kansouri

It's an Amber Ale. It's pretty tasty as well.

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record
x4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nice spatula.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Car part, gun part, bike part, drone part, microbrewery part, sous-vide part, Red Wing boot part, Herman Miller furniture part?

mystes
May 31, 2006

beato posted:

Car part, gun part, bike part, drone part, microbrewery part, sous-vide part, Red Wing boot part, Herman Miller furniture part?
You forget "vaping paraphernalia," but otherwise very complete.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
It's a multi-rotar motor.

Since there's four of them, general assumption would say a it's a quad-rotar airframe of some sort.

rotaryfun has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Apr 6, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotaryfun posted:

It's a multi-rotar motor.

Since there's four of them, general assumption would say a it's a quad-rotar of some sort.

Of course you'd know.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Got it Friday, it has a lot of mud on it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Jerry Cotton posted:

Of course you'd know.

haha you know I was thinking about my name while I was posting that.

My name didn't have anything to do with multi-rotars when I signed up. I had an rx7 (car) which has a rotary motor in it rather than a traditional piston motor.