Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

OctoberCountry posted:

Gerstmann is the best part of the Powerbombcast because of the completely hilarious and arbitrary reasons he hates things. He can't enjoy NXT because it's "developmental" and thought everyone should swap gimmicks every couple of moths. He also thought Triple H dressing as the Terminator somehow ruined the integrity of Triple H as a character.

I completely agree with the Gerst when it comes to NXT. Because I know that most of the characters will be given a total reset when they hit the main roster and most of their momentum will be lost, I kinda find it hard to get attached to them. If anything, NXT bums me out most times, because I know when guys like Tyler Breeze get called up they will become Adam Rose 2.0, shilling product placements and jobbing the Los Matadores in the tag division over 2 minute matches with no stakes and no feud. No matter how much it tries, to me it just cannot shake off the feeling that nothing that happens there matters. It is a developmental down to its very core.

Maybe Neville will change that, but I doubt it. What they did to Itami the night before Neville was called up kinda said all that needed to be said about how the people running the main roster feel about NXT when it comes to how much it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Another Person posted:

Because I know that most of the characters will be given a total reset when they hit the main roster and most of their momentum will be lost, I kinda find it hard to get attached to them. If anything, NXT bums me out most times, because I know when guys like Tyler Breeze get called up they will become Adam Rose 2.0, shilling product placements and jobbing the Los Matadores in the tag division over 2 minute matches with no stakes and no feud. No matter how much it tries, to me it just cannot shake off the feeling that nothing that happens there matters. It is a developmental down to its very core.

Maybe Neville will change that, but I doubt it. What they did to Itami the night before Neville was called up kinda said all that needed to be said about how the people running the main roster feel about NXT when it comes to how much it matters.

You're completely right and I feel the same way most of the time. It's just that NXT is a super fun wrestling show so when I watch it I can actually quit worrying about bad booking, Kevin Dunn and Meltzer snowflakes and just enjoy myself.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

OctoberCountry posted:

He also thought Triple H dressing as the Terminator somehow ruined the integrity of Triple H as a character.

He's right so far as that entrance sucked and made HHH look even more like a dork in a church play than usual.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

CombineThresher posted:

He's right so far as that entrance sucked and made HHH look even more like a dork in a church play than usual.

youre a loving monster

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CombineThresher posted:

Thats why it ruled though

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

oatgan posted:

Thats why it ruled though

Look I enjoy laughing at HHH's lack of self-awareness as much as the next guy, but that poo poo went on way too long and then he took off most of the costume halfway down the entrance ramp anyway.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It was campy and that made it great, because wrestling is fake.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

people talk about giantbomb constantly but the entirety of the discussions are why you should never listen to person A on subject B

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Giant Bomb has the worst opinions on literally everything and suck hard at actually playing video games.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Finally getting around to listening to Jericho interviewing HBK. Shawn talking about the times WWE called him up to come in with no idea what to do with him cracks me up.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eltoasto posted:

It was campy and that made it great, because wrestling is fake.

If we're talking about Rusev's entrance, then yes I 100% agree.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Triple H's last few entrances at Wrestlemania are pretty great if you read them as "Triple H is a middle aged husband, father, and corporate executive who was hip and rebellious 15-20 years ago and wants to prove that he's still COOL YOU GUYS, and besides he is the boss so he's going to spend a ton of money and effort to do elaborate entrances where he is CONAN THE BARBARIAN and THE TERMINATOR and all those really cool movies, you goddamn kids with your Fasts and your Furiouses and your Internet don't understand that is for NERDS, this is the real cool stuff, just like how music peaked when I was a senior in high school!"

This worked beautifully into WM30 where he was the big glossy corporate Superstar against nerdy beardy indie midget Daniel Bryan and then got his rear end kicked. It works less well when he's facing a guy ten years older than him and beating him, but considering the entirety of that match was a bunch of Cool Dads reliving their glory days it still kind of worked, then he got taken down by a woman half his size when he was gloating about it later.

How much of this "HEY GUYS I'M STILL COOL" is a work and how much is a shoot I don't know, but especially given WM30 I think a decent portion of it is deliberate for the HHH "character".

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Edge & Christian posted:

Triple H's last few entrances at Wrestlemania are pretty great if you read them as "Triple H is a middle aged husband, father, and corporate executive who was hip and rebellious 15-20 years ago and wants to prove that he's still COOL YOU GUYS, and besides he is the boss so he's going to spend a ton of money and effort to do elaborate entrances where he is CONAN THE BARBARIAN and THE TERMINATOR and all those really cool movies, you goddamn kids with your Fasts and your Furiouses and your Internet don't understand that is for NERDS, this is the real cool stuff, just like how music peaked when I was a senior in high school!"

This worked beautifully into WM30 where he was the big glossy corporate Superstar against nerdy beardy indie midget Daniel Bryan and then got his rear end kicked. It works less well when he's facing a guy ten years older than him and beating him, but considering the entirety of that match was a bunch of Cool Dads reliving their glory days it still kind of worked, then he got taken down by a woman half his size when he was gloating about it later.

How much of this "HEY GUYS I'M STILL COOL" is a work and how much is a shoot I don't know, but especially given WM30 I think a decent portion of it is deliberate for the HHH "character".

I agree with you and I get the very obvious subtext of HHH's goofy entrances (I actually liked the Conan one), but this particular one took way too long and was poorly executed, and the Terminator costume he wore didn't even look good. It was self-indulgent without any heat or fun behind it, and it didn't contribute to the story the way his WM30 entrance did.

Rusev's entrance, on the other hand, loving ruled and was ridiculous in the best possible way.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The HHH Terminator entrance is probably the same as the rest of Mania, where it would have looked a lot cooler in the dark without the harsh light of day exposing it's lameness.

Only good entrance was the tank, cause tanks look badass whether it is day or night.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Am I the only one who likes Taz's podcast? He talked about Byron Saxton on Tuesday and I thought he gave a unique view compared to other people since he worked as a WWE announcer for years and knows exactly what was being yelled in his ear for 2 hours. Plus he's an entertaining and really high energy radio host.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why was Trips a terminator that also killed and beheaded Terminators?

Maybe the movie coming out explains that better. He should have came out with the head's of all Stings friends.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Danny LaFever posted:

Have you ever seen Terminator 2 or 3?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Luigi Thirty posted:

Am I the only one who likes Taz's podcast? He talked about Byron Saxton on Tuesday and I thought he gave a unique view compared to other people since he worked as a WWE announcer for years and knows exactly what was being yelled in his ear for 2 hours. Plus he's an entertaining and really high energy radio host.

I like it too, and Taz seems to be having a lot of fun with it, which is nice to hear considering his rep in the business as a miserable bastard.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Several weeks earlier he talked about how it's wrong to say that Michael Cole has Vince in his ear because when he does commentary nobody's yelling in his ears

Taz is hit and miss. It's hard to listen to him for an extended period of time, while I can do a solid five-hour block of Colt Cabana podcasts.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Danny LaFever posted:

Maybe the movie coming out explains that better. He should have came out with the head's of all Stings friends.

That would explain why only Sting's enemies came out to help I suppose

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
On further reflection I think Sting's entrance made less sense.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Stings entrance almost made me think the Great Muta was going to accompany him to the ring.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'm so happy I've never been to an F4W convention. The people on the board are the worst. It's peaked with the Todd Martin and Mike Coughlin feud. Keep in mind that both of these guys are "lawyers." I use that term loosely in that they are as much lawyers as DocG is an actual doctor.

Setting: Thread titled "Ronda WWE appearance a one off":

Todd- Ronda's got a busy schedule. Wouldn't make much sense on her end to have a firm agreement for additional dates. Would make much more sense to agree to the one appearance with the implicit if not explicit understanding that they'd do a followup later if it went well and the timing worked out.

Mike- ... If it was EXPLICIT then it'd be a firm agreement.

Todd- God, what a oval office. They might have an explicit understanding that they'd work again later, but without specific dates or numbers agreed upon.

Mike- Embarrassing how defensive and sensitive he is. He should find some crippled kid to pin in a wrestling match.

I'll continue be a working attorney who improves the world and is smart and not obtuse and ... LOL. LOOK AT HIM!!!!

Can't actually reason. Can't write. Sounds like a gimmick caller. Kinda guy born on second thinking he hit a double

Like. poo poo I'm 32. Divorced. Live with my mom (in a house I bought tbf) with no one to pay me but my own clients -90% of whom are poor battered women. I spent my days with two puggles and an iPad if I'm not in court. I'm mother loving idealistic John Adams-like.

And I'm still more of a real lawyer than fuckwad ever could dream of being. And what's sad is: I'm not the only lawyer in this site who has said this. It's really clear to practicing attorneys who is and isn't a lawyer and who is just someone with a title.

So. Go ahead. Twist yourself into knots so you can sleep at night. The rest of us will know the truth: you aren't half as smart as you tell everyone and you're twice as dumb as you come across.

PS. YOUR MOM IS FAT.

Mike- I don't do wrestling matches. I do street fights. How I was brought up. No one buys a squash. Be like a grown man against a kid with cerebral palsy- except that man doesn't let the tard kid get the pin.

Mike- Bless TODD for trying. They have a very special version of the Olympics for just him.

Ps. I will punch you in your fat face if I see it.

Todd- My mom's dead, you sociopath.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

remusclaw posted:

Stings entrance almost made me think the Great Muta was going to accompany him to the ring.

Sting's entrance was cool.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Jesus. I'm going to stick to just listening to Bryan & Dave shows plus the odd B&V and try to avoid all the other F4W crazies.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I hope all that Mike and Todd stuff was made up or embellished. My gently caress.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

triplexpac posted:

Jesus. I'm going to stick to just listening to Bryan & Dave shows plus the odd B&V and try to avoid all the other F4W crazies.

Imagine Ed from San Antonio rambling about SHINE, forever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mike is right that Todd is a fake lawyer.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

It was definitely cool to see him in front of a big crowd again.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Luigi Thirty posted:

Imagine Ed from San Antonio rambling about SHINE, forever.

this is my dream podcast

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Dunbar posted:

I hope all that Mike and Todd stuff was made up or embellished. My gently caress.

Those are copy and pasted from the forums.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Danny LaFever posted:

The biggest what the gently caress moment is that Triple H did it at all, he's the loving heel. It didn't throw it in anyones face to build heat like Rusev's, it was just meant to make people go "GOD drat TRIPLE H IS A BADASS MOTHERFUCKER!" and then he goes and beats Sting and makes him shake his hand after clobbering him with a sludgehammer. Jesus Christ what a self mark.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I was getting ready to sub and I'm not sure if that conversation made me want to sign up more or less.

Probably more since I didn't plan on ever even looking at their forum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GoutPatrol posted:

It was nice to find out he was a PRIDE fan.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I was just listening to Sunday's free show and apparently there is a video of :goonsay: caller Ryan from Cumberland, Maryland singing(?) and also featuring Luke Gallows behind him doing hip thrusts at some point. Can someone please find this video? Thankies

Eleanor Pwnsevelt fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 7, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

maniacripper posted:

The biggest what the gently caress moment is that Triple H did it at all, he's the loving heel. It didn't throw it in anyones face to build heat like Rusev's, it was just meant to make people go "GOD drat TRIPLE H IS A BADASS MOTHERFUCKER!" and then he goes and beats Sting and makes him shake his hand after clobbering him with a sludgehammer. Jesus Christ what a self mark.

Y'all do understand WWE and NBC paid for him to do that to help promote the movie right? They said it days before the show even. There's gonna be more of that too.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

RBX posted:

Y'all do understand WWE and NBC paid for him to do that to help promote the movie right? They said it days before the show even. There's gonna be more of that too.

The heel shouldn't be trying to pop the crowd, gently caress Triple Huh

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Those are copy and pasted from the forums.

:stare:

No way.

Wow.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

LordPants posted:

:stare:

No way.

Wow.

They worked themselves into a shoot. What a couple of marks...

E. I wish it was Mike Sempervivi vs Todd Martin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
None of y'all hoots are talkin about the TALKN SHOP MOVIE?

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/thehoots

Can't believe the good brothers worked me and got me thinking it was free, but it's worth the $2 of blood money they're probably paying to Rocky to keep up the kizz fizz. I mean poo poo, Gallows sold me when he said it'd be IN COLOR on the last pizz cizz.

Seriously though, it's $2 and I'm sitting down to watch it now. If it's half as entertaining as Talk'n Shop, it's money well spent.

• Locked thread