Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Do you like videogame swag? Here's a lot of videogame swag:

Great Ace Attorney is getting a rather limited edition with tons of stuff. Description stolen from Siliconera. "Includes the game, a pair of animal plushes with a Sherlock Holmes and Iris Watson motif, a set of six character postcards and a frame to go with it, a short story by Iris Watson in magazine-style, a Holmes card sticker, and Ryunosuke Naruhodo’s pin (the one worn on his collar)" along with Holmes’ private briefcase to fit all this plus a collection of illustrations and a mini-soundtrack CD for 10,800 yen plus tax. The last bits can also be purchased separately in a cheaper LE.

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:ssh: you can still purchase previous generation video games and systems used.

Why would I ever want to do this for a system I mostly didn't give a poo poo about other than 2 or 3 games (which have all been rereleased) and had one of the worst controllers ever made by a human being?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's mine, I saw it first! :shepspends:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Why would I ever want to do this for a system I mostly didn't give a poo poo about other than 2 or 3 games (which have all been rereleased) and had one of the worst controllers ever made by a human being?

I was gonna say, "At this rate, you might as well wait until Grezzo remakes all of them."

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

My DSTwo gave me a bit of a scare today. I was messing around with it and the game I was playing froze. I flashed to the Home screen, and my system had stopped recognizing the card. No amount of popping it in and out would make the system recognize it. So, just as a test, I put Majora's Mask 3D in there instead. ... It didn't recognize that either. :derp:

A quick reboot of the system got it to read Majora's Mask at least, but now I'm afraid to use the DSTwo with it anymore. :ohdear: The thing is less than a month old and I don't want to wreck the cart slot right before Xenoblade Chronicles comes out!

Guess I'll stick to using the DSTwo in my old XL.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Silver Falcon posted:

My DSTwo gave me a bit of a scare today. I was messing around with it and the game I was playing froze. I flashed to the Home screen, and my system had stopped recognizing the card. No amount of popping it in and out would make the system recognize it. So, just as a test, I put Majora's Mask 3D in there instead. ... It didn't recognize that either. :derp:

A quick reboot of the system got it to read Majora's Mask at least, but now I'm afraid to use the DSTwo with it anymore. :ohdear: The thing is less than a month old and I don't want to wreck the cart slot right before Xenoblade Chronicles comes out!

Such is the fate of pirates. :unsmigghh:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I got Ultimate NES remix and it seems stupid

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Such is the fate of pirates. :unsmigghh:

You tell me where I can get a legit copy of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (In ENGLISH), and I'll stop using my DSTwo to play it. :colbert:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

If I recall correctly, that's just a more expensive version of the two separate versions and they took out a bunch of stuff. So it's a more expensive version and you get less of the game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Silver Falcon posted:

my DSTWO wouldn't read for a bit last month. Not sure what exactly fixed it but I put the card in my DSL then swapped MicroSD cards too.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

my DSTWO wouldn't read for a bit last month. Not sure what exactly fixed it but I put the card in my DSL then swapped MicroSD cards too.

Same thing happened and I fixed it by popping the MicroSD card out, looking at it intensely, and then putting it back in

African AIDS cum posted:

Like what were you expecting exactly

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Monkey Fracas posted:

Same thing happened and I fixed it by popping the MicroSD card out, looking at it intensely, and then putting it back in

Like what were you expecting exactly

It was that or the Animal Crossing poo poo I'd never play or Yoshi which looks like trash

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Silver Falcon posted:

You tell me where I can get a legit copy of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (In ENGLISH), and I'll stop using my DSTwo to play it. :colbert:

There is no such thing as a legit copy in English.

Anyway, once I get to that game in the series I am planning on playing it through an emulator. The site that hosts it gives pretty detailed instructions on how to get it running.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Waltzing Along posted:

There is no such thing as a legit copy in English.

:thejoke:

I was playing through all of the AA games recently, too. I really should get back to doing that, I think I was on 2-2.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

SO fun fact. Sometime spotpasses can corrupt your SD card to the point that you can't download, delete, or format the stuff saved on it, both on the 3DS and PC. So now I have to buy a new micro SD card and redownload everything since I don't know if the backup save file I on the PC are also corrupted as well. (My SD card might have been corrupted around the same time when I had made the backup save on PC.)

Does anybody know if I can redownload the DLC for Mii Plaza or if I have to pay for it again?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Saoshyant posted:

Do you like videogame swag? Here's a lot of videogame swag:

Great Ace Attorney is getting a rather limited edition with tons of stuff. Description stolen from Siliconera. "Includes the game, a pair of animal plushes with a Sherlock Holmes and Iris Watson motif, a set of six character postcards and a frame to go with it, a short story by Iris Watson in magazine-style, a Holmes card sticker, and Ryunosuke Naruhodo’s pin (the one worn on his collar)" along with Holmes’ private briefcase to fit all this plus a collection of illustrations and a mini-soundtrack CD for 10,800 yen plus tax. The last bits can also be purchased separately in a cheaper LE.

Countdown to announcement that western territories will only get a digital release like Dual Destinies in 3, 2, 1...

:negative:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Fremry posted:

If I recall correctly, that's just a more expensive version of the two separate versions and they took out a bunch of stuff. So it's a more expensive version and you get less of the game.

I thought the 3DS ver had different challenges then the Wii U ver. Also isn't Speed Mario Bros and Famicom Remix exclusive to the 3DS ver.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Countdown to announcement that western territories will only get a digital release like Dual Destinies in 3, 2, 1...

Don't even bother hoping for otherwise

Grim acceptance is the path to happiness

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'll take it over the other possible outcome of not getting it at all.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
So is that new DBZ game going to be released in the US or not? Looks rad as gently caress.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Smoremaster posted:

So is that new DBZ game going to be released in the US or not? Looks rad as gently caress.
DBZ is insanely popular and Xenoverse made them a lot of money, so probably.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No word on it or the One Piece fighting game, I don't think.

I mentioned that preorders for that new DBZ game (xtreme Butoden) come with a download code for Butoden 2 SFC as a bonus, but what's interesting is they're replacing the BGM somehow. wonder if they're literally replacing the data in the ROM or if they're just gonna stream new tunes over the top or something.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Anatharon posted:

Can you please buy a new avatar so I stop confusing you with WickedHate?
get the gently caress out of here

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

also gently caress whoever bought bad poster wickedhate dt's nice av

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll take it over the other possible outcome of not getting it at all.

Still wondering how they'll explain the Japanese ancestry...

Ah, Los Angeles...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dark_Tzitzimine is a powerful gamer who deserves respect.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I just beat the Champion's Road equivalent in Mario 3D Land as Mario and Luigi. drat that's a good game. Also there's 19 Toads just floating around on platforms in space in that level, ostensibly starving to death. I have no idea how they got up there or where they poop.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

African AIDS cum posted:

Pretty much everyone in this thread has consistently said "don't get Ultimate NES Remix" so that's kinda on you man.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I mentioned that preorders for that new DBZ game (xtreme Butoden) come with a download code for Butoden 2 SFC as a bonus, but what's interesting is they're replacing the BGM somehow. wonder if they're literally replacing the data in the ROM or if they're just gonna stream new tunes over the top or something.

Wait, this is the 3DS game, right? Is the download code also for the 3DS? If so that would be the first SNES VC release.

What's up with them replacing the BGM? Lost the rights to it?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

They're finicky because they have badly built main contacts and also badly built microSD springs/contacts, so you'll see that stuff off and on. If it becomes more persistent you can start shoving pieces of paper between the cards and the readers to press the contacts in more.

You really want to avoid swapping the microSD card as much as possible.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, this is the 3DS game, right? Is the download code also for the 3DS? If so that would be the first SNES VC release.

What's up with them replacing the BGM? Lost the rights to it?

Long-time DBZ composer Kenji Yamamoto was called out a little while back for plagiarising a ton of music, so they;ve been scrubbing his tunes from all the re-releases.

Extreme Butoden is the 3DS game, Super Butoden 2 is the SFC game. The download code is for 3DS and it's the SFC game running in emulation but it's not a VC release and should not be taken as indication of such. Namco-Bandai did something similar a while back when they released a compilation of FC/SFC anime games called J Legend Retsuden (which contained an unaltered Super Butoden 2, incidentally.)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

No word on it or the One Piece fighting game, I don't think.

Is this definitely coming to the US?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Fuzz posted:

Is this definitely coming to the US?

It seems likely but it hasn't been officially announced, and I wouldn't count on the rest of the world getting the Super Butoden 2 download, either.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

raditts posted:

Pretty much everyone in this thread has consistently said "don't get Ultimate NES Remix" so that's kinda on you man.

ultimate nes remix is actually good it's just that the wii u game(s) are better

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Long-time DBZ composer Kenji Yamamoto was called out a little while back for plagiarising a ton of music, so they;ve been scrubbing his tunes from all the re-releases.

Extreme Butoden is the 3DS game, Super Butoden 2 is the SFC game. The download code is for 3DS and it's the SFC game running in emulation but it's not a VC release and should not be taken as indication of such. Namco-Bandai did something similar a while back when they released a compilation of FC/SFC anime games called J Legend Retsuden (which contained an unaltered Super Butoden 2, incidentally.)

Much appreciated for the explanations. Had no idea about the plagiarism and the compilation of emulated games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ungh, these animations, so good...

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/06/great-ace-attorney-great-animation/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads-up: in about 6 hours, Level-5 is gonna be doing a big presentation that'll cover a bunch of upcoming games including the new Yokai Watch game and spinoff, Layton 7, Fantasy Life 2, a new crossmedia IP and an external collaboration:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/level5vision2015

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought Azran Legacy was gonna be the final Layton game. Not that I'm complaining.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

L-Layton 7.....! Dear god Almighty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Detective No. 27 posted:

I thought Azran Legacy was gonna be the final Layton game. Not that I'm complaining.

The final one with Layton as the protagonist.

Now, it's time for luke :clint: