Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

iif i reinstall fallout:nv and play it is that good enough

do whatever you like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

sector_corrector posted:

i used midas magic, but didn't like it very much. i would say a magic overhaul would improve things tho

Sperg makes spells scale with your level which makes it a usable form of play again. Apocalypse spells adds a bunch of new and good spells to the game if that is also what you want.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The sperg apocalypse combo is pretty good.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The new mod I'm trying is morrowloot. I hope it's not poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have to many to name. So I shan't, sorry.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm about to punch 10 million skeletons in caves.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The new mod I'm trying is morrowloot. I hope it's not poo poo.

Morrowloot is good in spirit but mixed in execution. Morrowind's loot placement worked pretty well because the world was well-developed enough that you could understand who would have higher-end items, but Skyrim's isn't, so sometimes you'll just find an ebony shield in a dude's house because I guess he was mentioned as being rich in a piece of ambient dialogue.

That being said I'm still using it because I'm fine with the leveled loot system getting culled. I am using it in conjunction with Immersive Armors however, and to make them work alright together requires fiddling with the distribution menu in IA a lot. I'm also using Morrowloot 4E because it affects the DLCs/is more stable than the original release, and if I ever take smithing I don't exploit it anyway so I like having the option.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

I started playing Skyrim again last night and made a prettyboy orc who I am headcanoning as being a half-orc. He is a thief and illusionist and likes the occult, which is the only way to make the thieves' guild's insanely bad story work in any capacity, as well as being an in for the Dark Brotherhood. The only questline I've ever seen to completion in Skyrim was the mage's guild and it was so bad it put me off every other questline, but I have still sunk close to 200 hours into the game because it is a stellar hiking simulator, as well as a middling to good dressup game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Okay well, I'll be hiding this thread. Peace out knuc. lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Okay well, I'll be hiding this thread. Peace out knuc. lmfao

Lmaoi.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think I broke the game balance somehow. I'm playing on adept, but because of live another life I started with an ebony dagger and have been smashing everything, but immersive creatures occasionally throws an unkillable thing at me. I couldn;t even kill the deathlord in bleak falls, but the guards killed first story dragon you fight in about 3 hits.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm thinking the housecarl had some crazy spell from apocalypse that hosed the dragon up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I use Skyrim Unbound, as my alternate start of choice.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

oh wait, you guys are actually playing Skyrim. :whitewater: my bad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh wait, you guys are actually playing Skyrim. :whitewater: my bad

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I knew you were full of poo poo anyways... If there's even 200 total skeletons that get initially spawned in the world I'd be seriously impressed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If that sounds impressive check out this mod I just cooked up: Spawn 1000 Skeletons

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I knew you were full of poo poo anyways... If there's even 200 total skeletons that get initially spawned in the world I'd be seriously impressed.

This mace procs every 1.31 seconds. Tell me again I can't kill 10 million skeletons.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This mace procs every 1.31 seconds. Tell me again I can't kill 10 million skeletons.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

If that sounds impressive check out this mod I just cooked up: Spawn 1000 Skeletons

You could probably do this with ASIS.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I had to limit my fps because every time I entered a house or town a million things flew off the shelves. There's books and apples all over the floor of the whiterun castle.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS, I suggest using https://www.skyrimgems.com as a starting place for mods. Good luck.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I use Skyrim Unbound, as my alternate start of choice.

Isn't that Steam Workshop only now? I'm hesitant to use workshop mods since they can ignore load order and are generally a pain in the rear end

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

CBBE or UNPB-BBP?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mach2 posted:

Isn't that Steam Workshop only now? I'm hesitant to use workshop mods since they can ignore load order and are generally a pain in the rear end

That one work's fairly well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

CBBE or UNPB-BBP?

I use CBBE Slim NeverNude with Navetsea's Somewhat Muscular texture replacer. The BBP and TBBP and HDT stuff is kinda cool but it seems like a huge, lore-UNfriendly hassle since the only people who work on things for it are deranged sexually frustrated fruits. I'd use it if someone made some lore friendly HDT enabled hair, and I tried to use the capes but it crashed the game. Maybe in another year...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But if your a big boobs and butts and I think leg muscles and arms flopping around a tiny bit too comically kind of guy, HDT stuff looks fairly epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And stomachs as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You could probably dive deep into LoversLab forums, the true heart of insane skyrim sexuality, and come out with something epic but I ran out of patience looking for stuff and I can't even make my brain imagine what kind of terms I'd have to search for to find what I wanted from these freaks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think the major problem with all the physics stuff is bethesda animations are almost thoroughly AIDS and no one else has really seemed to be able to make something graceful looking, a lot of it just barely comes close but there's always something jacked up about it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

So far probably the most fun I had was being a dark elf spell blade with Apocalypse, SkyRe and Immersive spells and helping all the dark elfs and murking all the nords, a little bit of the Civil War Overhaul thing was kind of cool, and using Hunterborn, Harvest Overhaul, Fishing in Skyrim and SkyTEST and living in the woods. But, I'm probably coming to the end of my rope on this journey into heavily modded Minecraft.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

So far probably the most fun I had was being a dark elf spell blade with Apocalypse, SkyRe and Immersive spells and helping all the dark elfs and murking all the nords, a little bit of the Civil War Overhaul thing was kind of cool, and using Hunterborn, Harvest Overhaul, Fishing in Skyrim and SkyTEST and living in the woods. But, I'm probably coming to the end of my rope on this journey into heavily modded Minecraft.

I'm just beginning.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUxJRUuYfU8

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Those cultist dudes came to call me a false dragon born and tell me about the DLC, and as soon as combat began 3 dragons swooped out of the sky and ragdolled them into the walls of Whiterun with a couple of guards, killing them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'd wait a sec for that video since it was dark and I had Youtube put some brightness on it.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

This kind of stuff happens in vanilla too. I once had a shovel in the farms right outside Whiterun slowly inching up in the sky every time I was in the cell. It started at the beginning of the character and I think it only disappeared from sight after about ten hours' worth of coming and going in it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fighting multiple dragons with with the dragon combat overhaul making the nude bodies of hired thugs you just killed and looted flap around the landscape ftw.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dragons freakin love falkreath for some reason. Like 4 showed up the third time I went there and covered it in fire and ice crystals and murked half the people I was trying to buy things from.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I use the mod that makes everyone run inside when dragons come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

At some point for some reason one of the Corpselight farm guys really liked me even though I never talked to him so a little while into the fight which took a while since I was still only level 5 or so, a courier ran through a wall of flames and, because I have a dead body collision mod, like half-climbed, half kicked over one of the dragon skeletons lmfao, to give me a note to say Matthies left me 100 gold and it turned out him and the lady who worked there's bodies were burned to a crisp and covered in ice respectively nearby. I also found when I picked up the farm key and went in that they basically left me the whole building because the bed was sleepable and I could take everything legally. lmao

• Locked thread