Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

man that looks good, MS should get in this flat design trend

lol at the company known for skeumorphic out the rear end pretty much nails their first attempt at an almost completely opposite style, ms you are bad at design
it's largely easier on the eyes than win 8/10 because they left some of the depth in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Phoenixan posted:

it's largely easier on the eyes than win 8/10 because they left some of the depth in

eeh maybe but Flat Design is pants

I'm waiting for a retro trend to come along and re-popularise the isomorphic iconed blue and yellow softly chiselled BeOS look

:allears:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mr Dog posted:

eeh maybe but Flat Design is pants

I'm waiting for a retro trend to come along and re-popularise the isomorphic iconed blue and yellow softly chiselled BeOS look

:allears:

what's the line on jony bringing pinstripes back at some point in his career?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

carry on then posted:

what's the line on jony bringing pinstripes back at some point in his career?

no, brushed metal

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

certainly slow to update too but they always feel like they considered all the interactions so old looking apps still are nice to use

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

why does the volume mixer readjust individual apps' sliders when you change the master volume

which manager/committee do i blame for this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

why does the volume mixer readjust individual apps' sliders when you change the master volume

which manager/committee do i blame for this

the master is just a max level limiter or something. except when it's not.

that whole ui is dumb as poo poo.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

your $1500 surface 3 won't reliably mount an sd card?

fix it with tape

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Virion posted:

certainly slow to update too but they always feel like they considered all the interactions so old looking apps still are nice to use

yeah that's what i meant, their uis are good but tweetbot 3 for ipad has been "coming soon" for two years

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

infernal machines posted:

your $1500 surface 3 won't reliably mount an sd card?

fix it with tape

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

lolling hard at microsoft hardware transcending the laws of thermodynamics

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6f28f13f?page=5

that one's even better.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

i'm the 'english'

"I GLUE A TWO SMALL PIECES OF CLEAR TAPE ON ONE SIDE OF MY SANDISK 64GB, by the way I checked Lexmark thickness and Sandisk with good caliper. "

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

1. Go to SDXC Card and rigth click, then ''Properties''.
2. In the Hardware bookmark, select SDXC Card and then click on ''Properties'' again (located below).
3. In General bookmark press ''Switch Settings'',
4. Then in Rules (Directives) select ''Better Performance (default)'', and click ok.

lmao

should be more nested properties and settings preferably ending up somewhere in the registry CLSID hell

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
well, just create a folder called SDCardModes.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} on your desktop then double click that, then

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cthulhoo posted:

1. Go to SDXC Card and rigth click, then ''Properties''.
2. In the Hardware bookmark, select SDXC Card and then click on ''Properties'' again (located below).
3. In General bookmark press ''Switch Settings'',
4. Then in Rules (Directives) select ''Better Performance (default)'', and click ok.

lmao

should be more nested properties and settings preferably ending up somewhere in the registry CLSID hell

bear in mind, this is a solution to a problem caused by the card taking too long to power up because it only partially makes contact with the reader

needless to say, it doesn't work, but it does prevent the device from sleeping the card and will cause data corruption if the card loses contact while operating

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

infernal machines posted:

bear in mind, this is a solution to a problem caused by the card taking too long to power up because it only partially makes contact with the reader

needless to say, it doesn't work, but it does prevent the device from sleeping the card and will cause data corruption if the card loses contact while operating

this is the just released new tablet they are planning on taking back the market with right? lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

cthulhoo posted:

this is the just released new tablet they are planning on taking back the market with right? lol

beta tested in the future

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
found this on wikipedia: http://www.harshj.com/2007/03/19/more-on-the-fckgw-rhqq2-yxrkt-8tg6w-2b7q8/

look at the comments. they cant possibly believe that windows xp was leaked ahead of time, even going so far as to suggest that the entire image is computer generated

e: also

quote:

Oh and it is the symbol of Warez Geek Pride

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 7, 2015

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Beeftweeter posted:

found this on wikipedia: http://www.harshj.com/2007/03/19/more-on-the-fckgw-rhqq2-yxrkt-8tg6w-2b7q8/

look at the comments. they cant possibly believe that windows xp was leaked ahead of time, even going so far as to suggest that the entire image is computer generated

e: also

quote:

Computers in my school have fckgW as administrator password, lol

best comment

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

microsoft has named the successor windows 10 'redstone' as halo-names are so 2015

surely securing that name validates some of the the 2.5bn spent, surely

pram
Jun 10, 2001
windows 10 dlc

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

shadow puppet of a posted:

microsoft has named the successor windows 10 'redstone' as halo-names are so 2015

hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

:ughh:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

beta tested in the future

doesn't that just mean "not even beta tested yet"

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
already planning out and naming the patches since they know it's going to be hot garbage

pram
Jun 10, 2001
windows 10 lava bucket :iamafag:
windows 10 diamond shovel :razz:

more proof microsoft is cool again

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what

what the gently caress

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

windows redstone will debut a male version of cortana named steve

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i thought you were joking

beyond parody

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

this took me a second but holy moly

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

this took me a second but holy moly

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

gotta leverage those brands

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
SYNERGY!

can't wait for metro to be replaced with 3D! metro 'blocks' that you zoom around in a 3D world like that scene in jurassic park. it will be the interface for hololens, lol

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I've never played Minecraft, but isn't redstone the stuff that explodes?

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

it's a windows system, i know this

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Linguica posted:

I've never played Minecraft, but isn't redstone the stuff that explodes?

No it's the stuff you can use to make logic gates or functioning CPUshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuMlhKI-pzE

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

zoom around in a 3D world like that scene in jurassic park

that was real

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

mod sassinator posted:

SYNERGY!

can't wait for metro to be replaced with 3D! metro 'blocks' that you zoom around in a 3D world like that scene in jurassic park. it will be the interface for hololens, lol
finally my 90s cyberpunk dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

~sees windows 10 on the horizon, puts hands up to stop~

• Locked thread