Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I mean, I have a subscription because I like the show and I like the people making it. I'm just kind of annoyed that they're focusing their energy on what is in my opinion (and most peoples' opinion here) an inferior product. Even though I don't have the time for it, livestreaming is a pretty cool idea I guess, especially if they made it more of an aspect of the show. But video adds basically nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I've been liking the video.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I also like the videos. Don't use terms like "most people" when you have no idea on the numbers, 2-3 loudmouths in this thread don't speak for everyone.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Man there is so much anger in this thread, whats up with that?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
The whole "chain zinger" segment was gold.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Evil Agita posted:

Man there is so much anger in this thread, whats up with that?

I don't think there's so much anger as disappointment over how a free entertainment podcast has turned into a shrill money-making venture.

Buy Harmontown merchandise: t-shirts, floor mats, special Adam Goldberg coffee mug!
Buy a subscription, only $19.99/month (cheap!)
Go to see the Harmontown movie at a theater near you!
Buy Harmontown the movie on DVD and VoD!
Subscribe to other fantastic Feral Audio shows, such as two obnoxious lesbians talking about movies or something and the who the gently caress is Stever Agee podcast!
Buy tickets to the next Harmontown live show!
Buy the special Feral Audio comedy show featuring Harmontown regular Duncan Trussell!
etc etc

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

I don't think there's so much anger as disappointment over how a free entertainment podcast has turned into a shrill money-making venture.
This isn't happening.

Ugh, I dont understand how people can get the wrong perspective on such simple things

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Guys I've spent a total of $0 on Harmontown so far and am still enjoying it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Irish Joe is a trolling robot thing, not a person.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I want an Adam Goldberg coffee mug.

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
Drunk Jerk Jeff, with his belligerence and his weird sex stuff while gaming, continues to be my least favorite recurring guest.

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012
Yeah I get that he was pretty drunk for this episode but I really don't get why he insists on being such an rear end in a top hat to Erin

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

PollosBromanos posted:

Yeah I get that he was pretty drunk for this episode but I really don't get why he insists on being such an rear end in a top hat to Erin

Because she did a improv course once and he is a professional? He, like Dan, is there just to have fun. For some reason to Erin this is some kind of big stage performance or something.

I didn't agree with belligerent Jeff but for some reason I was on his side, his instincts for this show can be all over the place sometimes though.

As a married man I agreed with Dan's marriage bullying song a little too much, shame that 'segment' got chain-zinged.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Usually I side with Jeff against Erin but this week he was a pretty grumpy rear end in a top hat and everyone on stage and the audience was pretty obviously against him, and he just wouldn't let that chain-zing 'bit' go.

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012

Wank posted:

Because she did a improv course once and he is a professional? He, like Dan, is there just to have fun. For some reason to Erin this is some kind of big stage performance or something.

I didn't agree with belligerent Jeff but for some reason I was on his side, his instincts for this show can be all over the place sometimes though.

As a married man I agreed with Dan's marriage bullying song a little too much, shame that 'segment' got chain-zinged.

Him being a pro makes it even worse that he was making GBS threads on the concept of chain-zinging (which he should grasp exactly because he's a pro and because it's not exactly rocket science) when it was just part of an anecdote and way before it even became a bit. He sure wasn't making anything fun for anyone when he decided to go on about it forever, and again, I get that he was drunker than usual, but his passive aggression towards Erin has always been pretty obvious and the tone is usually more aggressive than just not finding her funny enough.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Jeff kind of sucks.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I think the issue with chain-zingers for Jeff is that his entire work is based on going "yes and" to any crazy question but here he's just supposed to go "uhh what" until a fairly lazy punchline/burn that he can't help create. If you're a drunk improv comedian who's impatient I can see how that is The Worst. Funny enough he likes them when he's sober, they talked and did chain-zingers in a previous episode. "Black people don't time travel" ep, can't recall time but there's probably a YouTube of that bit.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I like jeff alot.

Don't change anything jeff.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
I think you guys were just underestimating exactly how drunk/high Jeff was. I mean, have you ever even seen a Georgia pine? They're really high.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Speaking of Irish Joe being a bad poster, I've been listening to a couple of "Before You Were Funny" episodes (specifically Sean Clements but for this thread there's Dan Harmon and Erin McGathy on episodes) and it's hilarious. And it turns out it's on the Feral Audio Network!
http://www.feralaudio.com/show/before-you-were-funny/
http://www.feralaudio.com/episode-19-erin-mcgathy-tim-simons-joe-wengert/
http://www.feralaudio.com/episode-27-dan-harmon-mary-holland-allan-mcleod/

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Zsinjeh posted:

Speaking of Irish Joe being a bad poster, I've been listening to a couple of "Before You Were Funny" episodes (specifically Sean Clements but for this thread there's Dan Harmon and Erin McGathy on episodes) and it's hilarious. And it turns out it's on the Feral Audio Network!

I happened to listen to the episode with Dan Harmon the other day. I haven't had time to listen to another episode yet, but that one, at least, is one of the funniest things I have ever heard in my entire life. Like, I don't know how I can express how funny it is without it sounding like hyperbole. It's just unbelievable.

radlum
May 13, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

I want an Adam Goldberg coffee mug.

This, I wan an Adam Goldberg coffee mug, but only if Dan releases an "official" one and then Adam tries to sell cheaper knockoffs

butts420
Jul 27, 2012
I think its funny how Dan thinks it's the murderers in prison that want to play D&D when its so incredibly obvious that its the rapists and child molesters that play D&D in prison.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

KoRMaK posted:

I like jeff alot.

Don't change anything jeff.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rochallor posted:

I happened to listen to the episode with Dan Harmon the other day. I haven't had time to listen to another episode yet, but that one, at least, is one of the funniest things I have ever heard in my entire life. Like, I don't know how I can express how funny it is without it sounding like hyperbole. It's just unbelievable.

I can' t ... I'm just dying right now listening to Erin's episode. The poo poo she brought to it is amazing.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I can' t ... I'm just dying right now listening to Erin's episode. The poo poo she brought to it is amazing.
Mary Holland dying of shame and laughter telling her poem of love to potatoes in the Dan Harmon ep had me crying.

The concept of adding this much genuine shame to sketches is loving hilarious.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Zsinjeh posted:

Why do I love Harmontown but find these unlistenable? Why? I don't get it. I really don't. Maybe I just love listening to smart people with comedy instincts talking poo poo than a performance for a podcast, I dunno.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

If it's not for you it's not for you, no biggie. Do you listen to any other comedy podcasts? Maybe something from the Earwolf network?

There are ton of comedians and writers from the usual LA circle and I've been going through those I recognize so far. Lauren Lapkus was fantastic.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
It was a huge mistake to keep Roiland on the stage, oh my god. That was a hot mess of dumb and awkward.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Old Boot posted:

It was a huge mistake to keep Roiland on the stage, oh my god. That was a hot mess of dumb and awkward.

loving love Roiland. Can't wait for the uh uh downl.. uh uh down uh free podcast, the free one, get your free one. Don't even worry about it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Old Boot posted:

I was crying laughing during the story of the cousin and trying to get exactly what year Curtis was 8

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
As someone not very familiar with Curtis Armstrong I can't help but picture him as a Martin Short character whenever he pops up on the show. It's probably Short's subtlest character in a very long time and it's growing on me. I was initially a little put off by him becoming a recurring feature as he seemed to be a bit above it all and I was worried Dan and Co. would be worried about seeming too stupid around him, but Roiland seems to have fixed that. If he comes back again its because he's game for anything.

I still wish they'd stop talking to Antoli though, giving him attention is exactly what he wants.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

vhat joo mean..i..vhat de gently caress?

In his defense that feigned ignorance to obvious intentions seems to just be a normal russian thing. Submarines? What you mean? Ukraine? huh? We have no jets.
:edgy as gently caress:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Curtis Armstrong is a great returning guest, but I do miss Kumail. Kumail crushes it every time on Harmontown.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Curtis Armstrong is a great returning guest, but I do miss Kumail. Kumail crushes it every time on Harmontown.
He mentioned missing being on there in his reddit ama thing. Also mentioned hoping to be back in 2 episodes, which should hopefully be this episode, or next week.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Anatoli is the new Goldberg.

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
I appreciated Regular Jeff acknowledging how Drunk Jerk Jeff isn't much fun to listen to, at the top of the show.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I cannot stand Justin Roiland. Good god, shut up.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Brocktoon posted:

Anatoli is the new Goldberg.

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Roiland is the original Goldberg.