Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

copy and paste Wesker from Marvel vs Capcom 3, the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Kelp Plankton posted:

guns aren't allowed in smash bros

neither is getting naked

she wouldnt be able to do much

There's a bazillion guns in smash. The only ones parents would probably get butt-hurt about would be scary, black rifles, the boogey men of the gun world, which Bayonetta doesn't use. But yeah, both versions of Samus use guns, the Mii Gunner uses guns and even has gun in its name, the Wild Gunmen that Duckhunt summons use actual, non fantasy firearms, all the spaceys have guns, etc.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
King K. Rool will be in Smash

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

Fhate posted:

There's a bazillion guns in smash. The only ones parents would probably get butt-hurt about would be scary, black rifles, the boogey men of the gun world, which Bayonetta doesn't use. But yeah, both versions of Samus use guns, the Mii Gunner uses guns and even has gun in its name, the Wild Gunmen that Duckhunt summons use actual, non fantasy firearms, all the spaceys have guns, etc.

No one ever killed 20 children with lazers.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

MTV Crib Death posted:

This reads like a challenge.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

MTV Crib Death posted:

Missiles and bombs kill children all the time, and the game has no shortage of those.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I hope not. I haven't played much of the DK series so I have no investment in him as a character, and I think his design looks incredibly stupid. If he does get in I won't be pissed or anything, because any new character being added is cool and he could end up with a move set I like, but he certainly wouldn't be my first pick.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fhate posted:

Missiles and bombs kill children all the time, and the game has no shortage of those.

I hope not. I haven't played much of the DK series so I have no investment in him as a character, and I think his design looks incredibly stupid. If he does get in I won't be pissed or anything, because any new character being added is cool and he could end up with a move set I like, but he certainly wouldn't be my first pick.

he's a fat crocodile with a crown and a bloodshot eye that seems fine when his nemesis is a monkey with a tie

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Fhate posted:

I think it's much less likely that a child gets a hold of a missile launcher or bomb and decides to play smash with their friends than pistols like Bayonetta has.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

Aston posted:

I think it's much less likely that a child gets a hold of a missile launcher or bomb and decides to play smash with their friends than pistols like Bayonetta has.

You don't keep an assortment of live explosives painted to look like cartoon characters and forest creatures in your shed? Wierdo.

quote:

he's a fat crocodile with a crown and a bloodshot eye that seems fine when his nemesis is a monkey with a tie

I dunno, I think it's just his proportions and the way his snout looks. He just looks like a first draft of a character to me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Lovely Senorita posted:

copy and paste Wesker from Marvel vs Capcom 3, the whole thing

Diddy still wins

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
If KKRool gets into smash DK and Diddy should get awful 90s 3D textures to match

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Let me play uncanny valley smash DK bros as my wizard mentor bonzibuddy64intended

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Just give King K Rool a Bayonetta skin, perfect compromise.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

If they're going to give DK another rep it should be Dixie, she's way more relevant than K Rool.

That being said, the next rep should be James Bond from Goldeneye so Sakurai can have his original vision fulfilled.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

We need Cranky too so Ganondorf isn't the only old man.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

If they're going to give DK another rep it should be Dixie, she's way more relevant than K Rool.

K. Rool is far more likable and has a better freestyle rapping skills.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

SilverSupernova posted:

K. Rool is far more likable and has a better freestyle rapping skills.

Dixie can shred like no ones business

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blackheart posted:

We need Cranky too so Ganondorf isn't the only old man.
Robotnik would be fat, feminist, and loving kickass! Eat the freaking Eggman, Sakurai!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Supercar Gautier posted:

Because it's a Nintendo joint, and in order to be a non-Nintendo guest, a character has to be an exceptionally big deal.

Again, when announcing Mega Man, Sakurai said "I'm not going to let just anyone participate from other companies", and that highly selective attitude has been borne out in all the third-party guests so far. Even Rayman, who Ubi has been fairly open about wanting to get into the game, didn't make the cut (at least not for launch).

All of Smash – indeed the very Super Smash Brothers franchise itself – exists only to glorify Mega Man.

The only reason anyone is ever allowed to play as any other character is so that Mega Man can beat them.

All Glory to Mega Man.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Robotnik would be fat, feminist, and loving kickass! Eat the freaking Eggman, Sakurai!

Robotnik could easily be made a clone of Bowser Jr., too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fhate posted:

Robotnik could easily be made a clone of Bowser Jr., too.
Yes! His taunts could be like "Give women suffrage... or I will give you suffering with my almighty robot army!"

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

TheKingofSprings posted:

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

excuse me but that is clearly alternate dimension eggman nega in disguise, known supporter of the patriarchy
eggman would never say such a thing

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

excuse me but that is clearly alternate dimension eggman nega in disguise, known supporter of the patriarchy
eggman would never say such a thing
To provoke his enemies... Robotnik becomes what he hates.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I can't believe he'd stoop to such lows............

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Eggman Nega is scum

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I wish Eggman would neg me

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Eggman isn't even old! A quick google search tells me that he's... 23!?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sonic is actually older than Robotnik, he is enforcing the status quo of an oppressive furry society upon humanity's lone champion, who ironically shed his own humanity to become a genius roboticist. The stress of his daily life cost him his hair, and his only daughter Maria Robotnik. Sonic lore is very deep.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

what the gently caress, maria is his cousin

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

kelp plankton doesn't know poo poo about sonic lore

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

sharrrk posted:

kelp plankton doesn't know poo poo about sonic lore

lol you care about lore

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

"hurrrdurrrrrrr i care alot about a bad game about lovely rear end furries beating down cool robots, i even have the most corporate attempt at edgy as my av"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

qnqnx posted:

"hurrrdurrrrrrr i care alot about a bad game about lovely rear end furries beating down cool robots, i even have the most corporate attempt at edgy as my av"
Wow... Iblis Triggering me...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Don't sign your posts.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
All this hate in the smash brothers thread... incredibly hosed up.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Bros should love one another, if you don't have family then what do you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I hope that if they do patch smash, they give Olimar some more priority on his attacks. Pretty much all his poo poo gets beaten out by everything.
It's kind of disheartening to hit someone with a purple pikmin fsmash but the other guy goes "lol nope side tilt" and you get hit and die, despite the purp being out and animating through the air, clipping through them harmlessly.

• Locked thread