Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Kyrie eleison posted:

Christian: "You're all Satanists"
Atheist: "Nuh uh!! I'm just enlightened person"
Christian: "Satan worshippers"
Atheist: "No way man"
Christian: "Go worship Satan"
Atheist: "Ok fine I was a Satan worshipper all along"

Hey don't jumble everyone in with me, I just came to shitpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
Wahh all I did was worship Satan and now I'm in Hell, God is so mean

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Kyrie eleison posted:

Yeah your thread does kind of suck poo poo but i wouldn't call it Hell

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

If we worship Satan why wouldnt we enjoy being in hell?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Kyrie eleison posted:

Man, this new Kyrie sucks.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

On the other hand LaVeyan Satanism is even stupider as a religion than Scientology. I do think it's funny how Xians get all uptight about them instead of realizing it's the literal gently caress You Dad religion

The Church of Satan does have one use: every time some dominionist Christian group enlists the government to force their religion on America under the guise of religious freedom, the satanists are there to call their bluff and apply to be part of the same program.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kyrie eleison posted:

Christian: "You're all Satanists"
Atheist: "Nuh uh!! I'm just enlightened person"
Christian: "Satan worshippers"
Atheist: "No way man"
Christian: "Go worship Satan"
Atheist: "Ok fine I was a Satan worshipper all along"
You assume everyone who disagrees with you is an atheist now? What a maroon

Who What Now posted:

If we worship Satan why wouldnt we enjoy being in hell?
I guess you might get tired of speed metal.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

You are the villain. You are the corrupt. You are the one in need of change.
don't say that. kylie is good as they are now, saucy and sassy and that's why i pmed them and we became gayboy lovers. if he weremt the subversive firecracker gadfly (GAYedfly?!) they are now I would not be in the position I am in now, the position of a power bottom planning to make them my bride while in the throws of a passion most divine

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rodatose posted:

don't say that. kylie is good as they are now, saucy and sassy and that's why i pmed them and we became gayboy lovers. if he weremt the subversive firecracker gadfly (GAYedfly?!) they are now I would not be in the position I am in now, the position of a power bottom planning to make them my bride while in the throws of a passion most divine

Mazel tov!

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Satan is one of God's precious creatures.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nessus posted:

You assume everyone who disagrees with you is an atheist now? What a maroon

No, a satan worshipper just like Antipope Francis and his liberation theology

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

The Church of Satan does have one use: every time some dominionist Christian group enlists the government to force their religion on America under the guise of religious freedom, the satanists are there to call their bluff and apply to be part of the same program.

I actually recently learns that the group that actually does that, The Satanic Temple is more of a goof org and not affiliated with La Bey Church of Satan.

Also lol Kyrie thinks the world is literally a Chick tract yet somehow manages to be Catholic.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I actually recently learns that the group that actually does that, The Satanic Temple is more of a goof org and not affiliated with La Bey Church of Satan.

I learned that even more recently. Specifically, from this post. Thanks!

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Satanism isn't even worshipping Satan. It's just objectivists LARPing Vampire: The Masquerade

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sinnlos posted:

Satanism isn't even worshipping Satan. It's just objectivists LARPing Vampire: The Masquerade

This. Is probably the best description of it.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
*bows down to statue of Baphomet* UGH i'm not worshipping satan guys *sacrifices child on blood altar* GEEZ i'm just pretending to worship satan

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Sinnlos posted:

Ayn Rand with fancy dress. I can't believe people found a way to make Rand worse.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kyrie eleison posted:

*bows down to statue of Baphomet* UGH i'm not worshipping satan guys *sacrifices child on blood altar* GEEZ i'm just pretending to worship satan

I think there's a line between trolling and sincerity, and actually killing children rides a rocket over that line. For shame.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Killing a child on an altar is so gauche and theatrical.

The reverent way to sacrifice an infant's soul to the Dark One is the sacrament of abortion.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

You guys don't sacrifice babies to Satan? If not you're doing it wrong.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Personally, I just eat em with some BBQ sauce.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

There is absolutely no historical or archeological evidence that supports there being a man who literally rose a zombie army after he returned from the dead. The only archeological "analysis" you can do is get an idea of if the places mentioned in the bible were real, but that no more proves there was a divine Christ than the existence of New York proves there is a Spider-Man.

Of course there isn't it would be impossible for there to be any kind of archeological evidence to support a man rising from the dead. That's besides the point.

I was being facetious. Speaking a little tongue in cheek. I dislike the Jewish people very much because they act like genocidal maniacs killing innocent civilians at any given chance all while claiming they are "God's Chosen People." They do this while having massive representations of said foreigners they kill in their nation and despite (unlike the vast majority of the palestinian and arab people surrounding them) having european culture and education being a massive part of their background, and being very well off financially. When some people groups do this it is understandable. They are poorly educated. Have a much different culture and way of thinking, While the Jewish communities that left Europe were somewhat segregated and maintained some of their own culture they were still far enough european in terms of ethics and logic that there is no excuse for what they have done in Israel. Theologically I don't care about Jesus and the Jews at all. Jews didn't kill Jesus. I do care about the fact that Jews consistently disobey God at every turn, despite being the "Chosen People," in fact they even themselves admit this their Tanakh and Talmud.

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Are all self-professed christians ITT unsubtle trolls, or are these people serious?

I'm not trolling in the least. But It will be impossible to convince anyone of that most likely.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

PerpetualSelf posted:

I was being facetious. Speaking a little tongue in cheek. I dislike the Jewish people very much because they act like genocidal maniacs killing innocent civilians at any given chance all while claiming they are "God's Chosen People." They do this while having massive representations of said foreigners they kill in their nation and despite (unlike the vast majority of the palestinian and arab people surrounding them) having european culture and education being a massive part of their background, and being very well off financially. When some people groups do this it is understandable. They are poorly educated. Have a much different culture and way of thinking, While the Jewish communities that left Europe were somewhat segregated and maintained some of their own culture they were still far enough european in terms of ethics and logic that there is no excuse for what they have done in Israel. Theologically I don't care about Jesus and the Jews at all. Jews didn't kill Jesus. I do care about the fact that Jews consistently disobey God at every turn, despite being the "Chosen People," in fact they even themselves admit this their Tanakh and Talmud.

Here's a hint: You hate the Israeli government. Not Jewish people.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

PerpetualSelf posted:

I think I need to go read that Liturgical A/T thread to remind myself that most Christians aren't card-carrying members of the KKK

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

To be fair the Jews in the Bible are p. Dumb. God goes away for five minute and everyone is all "Oh man have you seen the new cow? Shits gold. So shine. We should worship it. "

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

PerpetualSelf posted:

Of course there isn't it would be impossible for there to be any kind of archeological evidence to support a man rising from the dead. That's besides the point.

I'm not trolling in the least. But It will be impossible to convince anyone of that most likely.

What denomination are you pray tell?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

PerpetualSelf posted:

Theologically I don't care about Jesus and the Jews at all. Jews didn't kill Jesus. I do care about the fact that Jews consistently disobey God at every turn, despite being the "Chosen People,"
I feel the same way about protoman in the mega man mythos, which has many other theological parallels

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

To be fair the Jews in the Bible are p. Dumb. God goes away for five minute and everyone is all "Oh man have you seen the new cow? Shits gold. So shine. We should worship it. "

And then God goes away for 2000 years and he's apparently surprised that people are like "I don't see this God fellow anywhere, maybe you're making it up?"

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Kyrie eleison posted:

If you're all ecumenical and liberal and just want to get along with everybody and find "the common religious experience" and how "we all connect to the great divine mystery" or whatever then obviously you're going to look at Satanists and say "they are just doing what they believe, maybe I can learn from them" and maybe take part in a Black Mass or two just to expand your horizons and learn about the full breadth of human experience, but if you prefer to stick with one particular religious tradition for whatever reason then you are going to have to realize it is at odds with all other belief systems and you might as well embrace it and poke fun at them the way one does a respected rival. Or you can get your fee-fees hurt whenever anyone mentions Hell or something, that works too

Are you capable of saying anything that doesn't involve a lovely slippery slope argument.

Kyrie eleison posted:

Yeah I can tell just how much everyone treats Christianity with constant respect and admiration and doesn't want to offend anyone especially on these Something Awful forums or on reddit or in all of popular culture. Gimme a loving break.

Christianity is right and all other religions are wrong, the Jews and Muslims are wrong and the Hindus and Buddhists and atheists are wrong, also non-Catholic denominations are wrong and also anyone who claims to be a Catholic but actually believes bogus nonsense like liberation theology is wrong. Cheers m8s

Lol that's some real backpatting self-congratulatory grade A pride there; not like what I was accused of doing.

The irony that someone who claims Catholicism to be the "One True Church" is going around supporting TULIPy Calvinism is not lost on me, considering those kind of ideas were proclaimed Heresies over 400 years ago by the Catholic Church (unlike liberation theology). You can't even be consistent theologically with your proclaimed Denomination. You're a bad troll.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

PerpetualSelf posted:

Are you capable of saying anything that doesn't involve a lovely slippery slope argument.

Go re-read the entire thread.

PerpetualSelf posted:

The irony that someone who claims Catholicism to be the "One True Church" is going around supporting TULIPy Calvinism is not lost on me, considering those kind of ideas were proclaimed Heresies over 400 years ago by the Catholic Church (unlike liberation theology). You can't even be consistent theologically with your proclaimed Denomination. You're a bad troll.

The irony being you claim to know the truth just as much as he does, but at the same time make the same claims as him about the superiority of your truth over all other truths.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

CommieGIR posted:

Here's a hint: You hate the Israeli government. Not Jewish people.

The Jewish People enable the Israeli government just as the American People enable the American government and the Russian People enable the Russian Government.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

PerpetualSelf posted:

The Jewish People enable the Israeli government just as the American People enable the American government and the Russian People enable the Russian Government.

Blaming the Jewish people for the actions of a neo-conservative Israeli Government will get you nowhere. Its not that black and white.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Are you familiar with the decent number of American People who are also Jewish People, and do you realize how fundamentally broken your statement is?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

PerpetualSelf posted:

I was being facetious. Speaking a little tongue in cheek.

Oh ha ha my mistake, it was all in fu--

quote:

I dislike the Jewish people very much because they act like genocidal maniacs killing innocent civilians at any given chance all while claiming they are "God's Chosen People." They do this while having massive representations of said foreigners they kill in their nation and despite (unlike the vast majority of the palestinian and arab people surrounding them) having european culture and education being a massive part of their background, and being very well off financially. When some people groups do this it is understandable. They are poorly educated. Have a much different culture and way of thinking, While the Jewish communities that left Europe were somewhat segregated and maintained some of their own culture they were still far enough european in terms of ethics and logic that there is no excuse for what they have done in Israel. Theologically I don't care about Jesus and the Jews at all. Jews didn't kill Jesus. I do care about the fact that Jews consistently disobey God at every turn, despite being the "Chosen People," in fact they even themselves admit this their Tanakh and Talmud.

:stare:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PerpetualSelf posted:

While there's certainly some ethnic identity overlap in this particular case, this uh... this is a bit more like saying "the Hindu People support India and the Muslim People support Saudi Arabia," broheem

Maybe AWinnerIsJew should start a similar thread after Passover.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Go re-read the entire thread.

The irony being you claim to know the truth just as much as he does, but at the same time make the same claims as him about the superiority of your truth over all other truths.

Not really? Kyrie Elasion in making claims about Catholic doctrine, which are objectively and demonstrably false. And yes, it is ironic that someone's entire gimmick is "I am the most Catholic" and then goes off and spouts opinions that are condemned as heresy by the Catholic church.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Sinnlos posted:

What denomination are you pray tell?

the church of Sufjan Stevens

Part of the Emergent Church. Personally the closest denomination in terms of theology is the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) or even Swedeborgianism in some aspects but not all.

I believe in no Creed but Christ.
I am Open and Affirming.
And I am not afraid of the Gospel.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sinnlos posted:

Not really? Kyrie Elasion in making claims about Catholic doctrine, which are objectively and demonstrably false. And yes, it is ironic that someone's entire gimmick is "I am the most Catholic" and then goes off and spouts opinions that are condemned as heresy by the Catholic church.

Regardless if Kyrie's claims about Catholicism are valid or not, and you'd know better than I, Kyrie and PerpetualSelf are making the same smug religious superiority claims, its stupid from both of them, especially when it devolves into monologues about who knows the irrefutable truth and how all other religions are false.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

PerpetualSelf posted:

I believe in no Creed but Christ.

I keep flipping through my red letter bible but I can't find "I dislike the Jewish people" in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Regardless if Kyrie's claims about Catholicism are valid or not, and you'd know better than I, Kyrie and PerpetualSelf are making the same smug religious superiority claims, its stupid from both of them, especially when it devolves into monologues about who knows the irrefutable truth and how all other religions are false.

Kyrie's claim are bunk. PerpetualSelf is involved in a form of Christianity that holds that no true orthodoxy yet exists, which makes superiority claims all the more perplexing.

• Locked thread