Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

SedanChair posted:

I'm pretty sure God did command the Jews to commit genocide, unless you are suggesting the Bible contains fabrications.

I stated that a while ago. I don't accept the bible as 100% genuine word of God instead of the product of the authorship of many people and a amalgamation of different sources. Especially the Old Testament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
And you call Jansenites heretics?

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

SedanChair posted:

Both of them can be heretics, ya know.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

SedanChair posted:

According to the Catholic Church which he believes in they are.

I don't believe in the Catholic Church. I don't care what they declare is heresy. He proclaims to be a Catholic.

Is it really hard for you to get this logic?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

How was everybody's Easter?

In the service I went to:

During the children's sermon the resurrection was called ridiculous, unbelievable and absurd.
There were several symbolic castrations.
South American revolutionaries were referenced. "They buried us without knowing we were seeds"
Textual criticism of the resurrection accounts was addressed. Everything after "They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid." was called fabrication.

All in all a pretty good Lutheran service. Place was packed. Solid baptismal liturgy too.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So which of the media outlets are Jew-run?

Also, I feel this video accurately explains the Trinitarian mystery better than Kyrie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOKJth6BLK8

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

PerpetualSelf posted:

According to the Catholic Church which he believes in they are.

I don't believe in the Catholic Church. I don't care what they declare is heresy. He proclaims to be a Catholic.

Is it really hard for you to get this logic?

No I'm not entirely following the logic, as you criticize a Catholic for having peculiar beliefs; then turn around and show bigotry towards the entirety of the Jewish people, which you explain as being justified because they have shown bigotry to others.

BrandorKP posted:

There were several symbolic castrations.

:frogon:

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

I've seen it happen quite a few times on this board.

Well now I am very curious... Are you aware that the mass of humanity out in the wide world is not, in fact, a singular organism? You have the ability to see people on an individual level, right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bel Shazar posted:

Well now I am very curious... Are you aware that the mass of humanity out in the wide world is not, in fact, a singular organism? You have the ability to see people on an individual level, right?

I'm sure he can. Unless they are a filthy Jew, in which case they must pay for the crimes of their race.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

She cut the ties off several male church members. It was the a bridge from the kids sermon to the discussion of the textual criticism of the text ( in a feminist light.) Everything after "because they were afraid" in Mark was added roughly at the same time as the early church was being made more male centric and female leaders were being pushed out. Think similar to the references of Junia being turned into Junias, stuff in Paul's letters that came up earlier in this thread. Lines like "out of whom he had driven seven demons" were smears on Mary Magdalene. The additions discredit the women, prop up the men by adding that the male disciples met the resurrected Jesus.

It went over pretty well too.

Bar Ran Dun fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 9, 2015

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I also used to have it in for the jews, not over anything like that though. I was frankly jealous. I was having my big atheist phase, and most of the jews i've met are pretty cool smart folks, and I've always had a huge thing for jewish girls, but secular judaism just made me so mad because it's a weird subset of white people who don't actually believe in their religion but act like they do, and I just wanted them to stop bullshitting and become atheists!

Then i realized that it was my own drat fault for being jealous, being Catholic is just as much of a cultural identity, has just as much of a rich philosophy of art literature and philosophy that can work without theology, so I decided to just embrace my Catholic heritage and nwo I've been having a lot more fun with it and now i'm thankful to the jews for showing me you can still enjoy the cultural history and identity of your religion without even needing a deity!

Thanks jewish people!

Caros
May 14, 2008

PerpetualSelf posted:

I wouldn't rescind bigoted statements about White people that I've made on this forum.

I'm sorry about calling them Jews. I don't do it with the intention of making them feel hated or alienated. I wish no ill-will on the Jewish people.

But I believe the actions of the vast majority of people who are ethnically jewish are ethically and morally wrong. I believe the actions of the vast majority of people who are ethnically white are also ethically and a morally incorrect.

I think the concepts of ethnic purity seem to be shared by the majority of both groups. I also see that as something that is very evil.

To be fair if you think that the vast majority of ethnic jews are morally and ethically wrong then isn't it fair for you to struggle against them? You could even write a book about it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Caros posted:

To be fair if you think that the vast majority of ethnic jews are morally and ethically wrong then isn't it fair for you to struggle against them? You could even write a book about it.
It's been a while since we had one of those.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

BrandorKP posted:

She cut the ties off several male church members. It was the a bridge from the kids sermon to the discussion of the textual criticism of the text ( in a feminist light.) Everything after "because they were afraid" in Mark was added roughly at the same time as the early church was being made more male centric and female leaders were being pushed out. Think similar to the references of Junia being turned into Junias, stuff in Paul's letters that came up earlier in this thread. Lines like "out of whom he had driven seven demons" were smears on Mary Magdalene. The additions discredit the women, prop up the men by adding that the male disciples met the resurrected Jesus.

It went over pretty well too.

Lol I'd clap just at the absurdity of this all.

I mean sure it's nice and fun to theorize about all of this but there's really zero evidence that any such thing ever took place.

And I'm ignoring the stuff about Jews. I'm not stupid. I know who hitler is. I know what you are saying. The fact that anyone who says anything about the actions of Israel and the Jews is treated like is is kind of proof of what i'm saying.

Please keep watching Fox News, reading the Daily Mail, and believing everything Rupert Murdoch puts out there for you

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Man if I went to church and the pastor cut off my tie I would be like "you know what? Well done. I have nothing to say."

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

PerpetualSelf posted:

Lol I'd clap just at the absurdity of this all.

I mean sure it's nice and fun to theorize about all of this but there's really zero evidence that any such thing ever took place.

And I'm ignoring the stuff about Jews. I'm not stupid. I know who hitler is. I know what you are saying. The fact that anyone who says anything about the actions of Israel and the Jews is treated like is is kind of proof of what i'm saying.

Please keep watching Fox News, reading the Daily Mail, and believing everything Rupert Murdoch puts out there for you

Most Jews ain't in Israel ya moron.

Caros
May 14, 2008

PerpetualSelf posted:

Picked up on those subtle hints did you. Good for you.

Newsflash, I think the israeli government's policies are in many ways monstrous as gently caress. I can think this without generalizing in such a way that I say that the majority of the jews on the planet are loving evil. You are a racist who is trying to justify his racism.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PerpetualSelf posted:

Holy poo poo do you have any idea who your audience is right now

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

I believe this line just about sums up the thread perfectly.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Caros posted:

Picked up on those subtle hints did you. Good for you.

Newsflash, I think the israeli government's policies are in many ways monstrous as gently caress. I can think this without generalizing in such a way that I say that the majority of the jews on the planet are loving evil. You are a racist who is trying to justify his racism.

Mumble mumble mumble, something about hispanics not being able to be racist, something about how racism describing a system of disadvantage based on race . Something, something about hispanics being unable to be racist since they can't stand to benefit from such a system.

Caros
May 14, 2008

PerpetualSelf posted:

Mumble mumble mumble, something about hispanics not being able to be racist, something about how racism describing a system of disadvantage based on race . Something, something about hispanics being unable to be racist since they can't stand to benefit from such a system.

Oh you are just a treat. A wonderful antisemitic treat.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

Honestly I constantly hear a ton of criticism of Israel. Bibi's bonehead actions are even alienating the middle of the road. When I was in college I felt like a rightist because the discourse range was basically between "peaceful abolition of the occupying entity" and "drive them into the sea." Even among my Jewish relatives, while perhaps the tone is more "gently caress that rear end in a top hat Bibi" than "Israel must be destroyed," Israel is hardly unquestioningly adored.

What you're throwing around here is just the good ol' garden variety anti-Semitism that was out of vogue for a few decades due to a certain Austrian corporal and which is unfortunately slowly slinking back into cover, shaded to some extent by the perfectly just and legitimate criticism of the actions of the Israeli government.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
This is what this thread is all about. The occasional person who sees kylie's posts and decides to top them in full sincerity, flopping down right upon the bloodletting altar with their fly open and ready to emit a steady stream of Insane Opinion Jizz all over theyself

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Nessus posted:

Honestly I constantly hear a ton of criticism of Israel. Bibi's bonehead actions are even alienating the middle of the road. When I was in college I felt like a rightist because the discourse range was basically between "peaceful abolition of the occupying entity" and "drive them into the sea." Even among my Jewish relatives, while perhaps the tone is more "gently caress that rear end in a top hat Bibi" than "Israel must be destroyed," Israel is hardly unquestioningly adored.

What you're throwing around here is just the good ol' garden variety anti-Semitism that was out of vogue for a few decades due to a certain Austrian corporal and which is unfortunately slowly slinking back into cover, shaded to some extent by the perfectly just and legitimate criticism of the actions of the Israeli government.

You can say and claim I am Anti-Semetic but if the Government of Israel even just did the simple action of ceasing to kill whoever the god damned please in The Gaza strip and gave their Palestinian citizens the full rights of the rest of the citizenry I could look past things like the massive cultural outrage about The President's son daring to date a non-jew. Honestly I wouldn't care about the Jews or Israel in the least.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

PerpetualSelf posted:

You can say and claim I am Anti-Semetic but if the Government of Israel even just did the simple action of ceasing to kill whoever the god damned please in The Gaza strip and gave their Palestinian citizens the full rights of the rest of the citizenry I could look past things like the massive cultural outrage about The President's son daring to date a non-jew. Honestly I wouldn't care about the Jews or Israel in the least.

Why do you think the more than 2/3 of Jews who aren't in Israel (ignoring the fact that tons of Israeli Jews also don't like that stuff) need to be insulted over things they in the majority don't support?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

Why would you stop? They'd still own "the media," wouldn't they? I mean honestly, just put those goalposts on some casters and keep on rolling them along.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Why do you think the more than 2/3 of Jews who aren't in Israel (ignoring the fact that tons of Israeli Jews also don't like that stuff) need to be insulted over things they in the majority don't support?
Well they did kill Christ, apparently

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
The OT strongly supports:
  • Exclusive Israelite ownership of Canaan/Palestine
  • The genocide of any non-Israelites on the land
  • A ban on race-mixing, including breaking up mixed-race marriages
  • The forbidding of all foreign religions from the land of Israel
  • The notion that failing to uphold these commandments will result in the destruction of Israel and expulsion from the land
These are not one-off bits, they are a major recurring theme of the book. I think it is fair to say that the book is mostly about the relationship of the Israelites to that land.

Zionism is the religion.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Even if you take the extreme but not totally irrational views that all the jews in Israel are occupiers who should be expelled, and even then if you add to them the number of non-Israeli Jews who are suckered into supporting or who just support israel because they're rotten people you STILL have a whole hell of a lot of jews who are totally innocent of any wrongdoing, even fuzzy debatable wrongdoing. Like holdy drat son, D&D isnt exactly a bastion of pro-Zionism. In fact, D&D can get borderline anti-Semitic once in a while (The ADL would say raging Hitler esque antisemitism but lol @ them) and you're managing to get people to turn against you.

dude, you're not even in the fuzzy grey "Really really strongly anti-Zionist' area. You're a full bore raging jew hater.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Kyrie eleison posted:

• The notion that failing to uphold these commandments will result in the destruction of Israel and expulsion from the land
These are not one-off bits, they are a major recurring theme of the book. I think it is fair to say that the book is mostly about the relationship of the Israelites to that land.

Zionism is the religion.

Fly away now

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Israel deserves to be destroyed as long as it suffers any son of Canaan to live and any daughter of Canaan to remain unraped. So sayeth the Lord.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Kyrie eleison posted:

Zionism is the religion.

You forgot about
  • Don't ejaculate on the floor.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Bob James posted:

You forgot about
  • Don't ejaculate on the floor.

Which is fair enough, I mean hello that poo poo grody

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
You know it was just the dirt, too.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Even if you take the extreme but not totally irrational views that all the jews in Israel are occupiers who should be expelled, and even then if you add to them the number of non-Israeli Jews who are suckered into supporting or who just support israel because they're rotten people you STILL have a whole hell of a lot of jews who are totally innocent of any wrongdoing, even fuzzy debatable wrongdoing. Like holdy drat son, D&D isnt exactly a bastion of pro-Zionism. In fact, D&D can get borderline anti-Semitic once in a while (The ADL would say raging Hitler esque antisemitism but lol @ them) and you're managing to get people to turn against you.

dude, you're not even in the fuzzy grey "Really really strongly anti-Zionist' area. You're a full bore raging jew hater.

Anyone who allows these kind of things to go on is not innocent. This is the problem.

Were white people who were against jim crow laws in the south but allowed them to go on without protesting or willing to put their body on the line innocent?

Were boers who were against apartheid but allowed them to go on without protesting or willing to put their body on the line innocent?

Were germans who were against the holocaust but allowed it to go on without protesting and willing to put their body on the line innocent?

The only way any of that is excusable is if they have come up with some better way to undermine the system to save lives or stop it. Ala Schindler or even Bonhoeffer.

But Didn't Bonhoeffer try to bomb Hitler?

And we think of Bonhoeffer and Schindler as amazing, heroic, exemplary men. But what Jesus came to earth to was to create a entire group of beings who were willing to do these kind of things to ensure and help their neighbors. Bonhoeffer followed God. Nothing more and nothing less. And that's how I see it and approach this issue.

I know someone is going to bring up Arabs and Muslims in lands ravaged by ISIS and ask if they are just as guilty. They may be. But most of them do not know Christ. At least not the real teachings of Christ.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

VitalSigns posted:

Israel deserves to be destroyed as long as it suffers any son of Canaan to live and any daughter of Canaan to remain unraped. So sayeth the Lord.

It's funny cause Jews are Canaanites.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Sooo until every Jew martyrs themselves, they bear collective guilt for the sins of Israel?

Would you call it a kind of blood guilt? A blood guilt for denying the teachings of Christ?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

PerpetualSelf posted:

Anyone who allows these kind of things to go on is not innocent. This is the problem.

Were white people who were against jim crow laws in the south but allowed them to go on without protesting or willing to put their body on the line innocent?

Were boers who were against apartheid but allowed them to go on without protesting or willing to put their body on the line innocent?

Were germans who were against the holocaust but allowed it to go on without protesting and willing to put their body on the line innocent?

The only way any of that is excusable is if they have come up with some better way to undermine the system to save lives or stop it. Ala Schindler or even Bonhoeffer.

But Didn't Bonhoeffer try to bomb Hitler?

And we think of Bonhoeffer and Schindler as amazing, heroic, exemplary men. But what Jesus came to earth to was to create a entire group of beings who were willing to do these kind of things to ensure and help their neighbors. Bonhoeffer followed God. Nothing more and nothing less. And that's how I see it and approach this issue.

I know someone is going to bring up Arabs and Muslims in lands ravaged by ISIS and ask if they are just as guilty. They may be. But most of them do not know Christ. At least not the real teachings of Christ.

I'll believe you actually believe your own poo poo when you put your own body on the line, sissy

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

SedanChair posted:

Sooo until every Jew martyrs themselves, they bear collective guilt for the sins of Israel?

Would you call it a kind of blood guilt? A blood guilt for denying the teachings of Christ?
Don't forget that their religion is actually something they made up to energetically deny Christ, and that Christians are the real Jews.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I'll believe you actually believe your own poo poo when you put your own body on the line, sissy

No poo poo, Rachel Corrie is patiently waiting to be your spirit waifu in bulldozer Valhalla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Cogsdev is that you?

• Locked thread