Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

PerpetualSelf posted:

It's funny cause Jews are Canaanites.

No. The Canaanites are the descendants of Canaan, who is the grandson of Noah, and son of Ham, who was curséd. From Canaan's descendants you get the Amorites, Edomites, the Moabites, the Philistines (from which the name "Palestine" is derived), amongst others. It should be noted that Gaza was a major home of the Philistines and plays a crucial role in the story of David.

Israel, whose original name is Jacob, who swindled the birthright from his masculine brother Esau through duplicity, is the son of Isaac, son of Abraham, who is the long descendent of Shem; Shem was a brother to Canaan.

While we're dealing with Genesis genealogy, another son of Abraham, Ishmael, is who the Mohammedans claim is the true holder of the Abrahamic faith (rather than Israel), and is associated with the Arabic peoples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

It doesn't matter. You don't actually believe this poo poo, or if you do its in a purely hypothetical and meaningless sense. You're just a crybaby mad at Jews and atheists on the internet. You talk poo poo but you don't really believe it. You're a fake, a liar and a hypocrite and definately living in a state or mortal sin. I hope for your sake if anything bad happens to you you're wearing a scapular. Maybe BVM will feel sorry for you and you'll get out of it with a lengthy purgatory time but I don't know. You're pretty much a huge piece of poo poo.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
Actually it is written in the bible that the God Jesus worshiped was the same God as the jews. :science:

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Sooo until every Jew martyrs themselves, they bear collective guilt for the sins of Israel?

Would you call it a kind of blood guilt? A blood guilt for denying the teachings of Christ?

The concept of Jesus being primarily important as some kind of blood sacrifice only exists as a result of early roman bible editors choosing how their anti-slavery rebellion will receive concessions for their victory.

The poster to which I believe you are responding was more describing the concept of Jesus' anti colonial, pro-leper, anti-hatred of even the commonly hated taxpayer attitude. This was a really cool dude who blew peoples mind's after becoming enlightened by eating mushrooms with his desert hobo cousin Saint John the Baptist.

After hundreds of years of these anti-colonial hippies, some genius Constantine goes into a battle and probably a meteor or some poo poo blows up in the sky and kills the other army and looks like a christian cross, so he goes home and says alright let's do some of the stuff the anti-colonial jesus-freak anti-crucifixion losers want.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Cool Bear posted:

The concept of Jesus being primarily important as some kind of blood sacrifice only exists as a result of early roman bible editors choosing how their anti-slavery rebellion will receive concessions for their victory.

The poster to which I believe you are responding was more describing the concept of Jesus' anti colonial, pro-leper, anti-hatred of even the commonly hated taxpayer attitude. This was a really cool dude who blew peoples mind's after becoming enlightened by eating mushrooms with his desert hobo cousin Saint John the Baptist.

After hundreds of years of these anti-colonial hippies, some genius Constantine goes into a battle and probably a meteor or some poo poo blows up in the sky and kills the other army and looks like a christian cross, so he goes home and says alright let's do some of the stuff the anti-colonial jesus-freak anti-crucifixion losers want.

Yeah but at this point I am expecting him to go hard "blood matzos" at any minute

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

SedanChair posted:

Yeah but at this point I am expecting him to go hard "blood matzos" at any minute

but it is forbidden for both jews and christians to eat da blood :psyduck:

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

SedanChair posted:

I wonder what Vietnam Charlie and Americans would say about us if their caves had wireless blogging during the war where we killed a bunch of them.

"Ugh oh really napalm is bad? Thanks for reminding me."
"You will regret your ignorance next election season!"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Michael Jackson posted:

Considering how abysmally ignorant Kyrie was about the actual tenets of major world religions, in this year 2015 era vulgaris, where it would literally take two minutes to obtain a basic summary through google... think how hard it would've been for some chicken farmer in ancient Poland to realize that!

Also, the point of the blood libel is to make the other inhuman, so it's morally acceptable to beat and kill them.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Michael Jackson posted:

naw

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Michael Jackson posted:

christians can eat blood

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Kyrie eleison posted:

christians can eat blood

:eyepop:

no wonder jews and muslims hate christians.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Michael Jackson posted:

They're jealous of the black pudding clearly.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Michael Jackson posted:

I'd say the regular cannibal feasts don't help

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Robotnik Nudes posted:

They're jealous of the black pudding clearly.

If I remember right, Luther actually took the time to say blood pudding was a-ok.

e: nope, he didn't like it

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
Christians have no dietary restrictions, except those applied temporarily as a discipline such as the Friday abstinence from meat (besides fish)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

PerpetualSelf posted:

Anyone who allows these kind of things to go on is not innocent. This is the problem.

Were white people who were against jim crow laws in the south but allowed them to go on without protesting or willing to put their body on the line innocent?

Were boers who were against apartheid but allowed them to go on without protesting or willing to put their body on the line innocent?

Were germans who were against the holocaust but allowed it to go on without protesting and willing to put their body on the line innocent?

The only way any of that is excusable is if they have come up with some better way to undermine the system to save lives or stop it. Ala Schindler or even Bonhoeffer.

But Didn't Bonhoeffer try to bomb Hitler?

And we think of Bonhoeffer and Schindler as amazing, heroic, exemplary men. But what Jesus came to earth to was to create a entire group of beings who were willing to do these kind of things to ensure and help their neighbors. Bonhoeffer followed God. Nothing more and nothing less. And that's how I see it and approach this issue.

I know someone is going to bring up Arabs and Muslims in lands ravaged by ISIS and ask if they are just as guilty. They may be. But most of them do not know Christ. At least not the real teachings of Christ.

Why aren't you going to warzones and being a human shield?

If Jannie van der Whitey from Nowheresfontein North Cape is guilty of whatever the government off in Pretoria does unless he goes to Sharpesville and stands in front of the bullets, why aren't you chaining yourself to churches in Syria right now? Is it because you're in league with ISIS?

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 9, 2015

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

SedanChair posted:

If I remember right, Luther actually took the time to say blood pudding was a-ok.

e: nope, he didn't like it

I googled it and I think you misread what he was saying, he was being humorously ironic (as he often was). See the following paragraph.

Martin Luther posted:

If, then, we are to abstain from blood, according to this council, we must let the Jews be our masters in church and kitchen, for they have a special, big book on the subject of blood-eating, so big that one cannot vault over it with a pole, and they look for blood so closely that they will not eat meat with any Gentile or Christian even though the meat is not strangled, but slaughtered as purely as possible (like the meat of oxen and calves) and the blood washed out with water; they would rather die than do it. God help us!

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
ah wait, catholics can eat blood since they literally eat blood and flesh regularly. Sectarian beliefs be crazy yo.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Holy poo poo Kyrie was actually right about something.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Holy poo poo Kyrie was actually right about something.

well we all know how much he revere martin luther king.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kyrie eleison posted:

I googled it and I think you misread what he was saying, he was being humorously ironic (as he often was). See the following paragraph.

Yeah, there we go. Thanks.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

VitalSigns posted:

Why aren't you going to warzones and being a human shield?

If Jannie van der Whitey from Nowheresfontein North Cape is guilty of whatever the government off in Pretoria does unless he goes to Sharpesville and stands in front of the bullets, why aren't you chaining yourself to churches in Syria right now? Is it because you're in league with ISIS?

No see, only other people have to sacrifice their lives to prove that they're not terrible people. PerpetualSelf already knows he's not a terrible person, so he has every right to sit on his rear end and post here about how all Jews are genocidal (but seriously guys he's not antisemitic why would you think that).

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Holy poo poo the meltdown ITT. What is it with all the meltdowns lately?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I actually never realized that Martin Luther was such a snarky bastard. Thanks Kyrie.

Still doesn't excuse the reformation. Sure the Church was out of control for a while but the invention of Protestants just served to dilute Christianity and make it even stupider and more sectarian in the long run.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah, I miss the good old days when Christians were united because the church just loving murdered everyone who used an ever-so-slightly-different Greek word to describe the relationship of Christ's human and divine natures.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah, I miss the good old days when Christians were united because the church just loving murdered everyone who used an ever-so-slightly-different Greek word to describe the relationship of Christ's human and divine natures.

Those were the days.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
What was the best and most epic time in Christian history? Here's a lame breakdown I half-assed.

• 0-300 The early days; Church Fathers, martyrdom, doing our best to save Rome.
  • 200-400 Constantine, Constantinople, eradicating heresies; St. Augustine and Jerome
  • 400-700 The fall of the West, Christianity in despair.
  • 700-1000 Charlemagne takes over and kicks rear end all over Europe converting people.
  • 1000-1300 The split between East and West, the Crusades; Thomas Aquinas
  • 1300-1500 The Renaissance, the Splendid Inquisition
  • 1500-1700 The filthy Reformation; rise of Jesuits as militant Counter-Reformation and missionaries
  • 1700-2015 Total insanity and apostasy
  • 2015-?? The glorious rebirth

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Muslims are projected to exceed Christians in number within the next several decades. Allahu ackbar.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I think it's been a pretty big poo poo-show from start to finish but church-'state' relations in the early to mid middle ages are as interesting as gently caress so I plump for that.

Pope: honestly guys. I know we're priests but we actually own all earthly property and can tell you pissant kings what to do.
King of France: gently caress off, nerd.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Polytheistic Christianity where Jesus ended up as part of the Norse pantheon sounds pretty fun.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Early Scandinavian Christianity where Christ was a warrior who died giving no fucks is the best Christianity:

Hamburg-Bremen was the best Bishopric.

Disinterested fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Apr 9, 2015

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Kyrie eleison posted:

1500-1700 The filthy Reformation; rise of Jesuits as militant Counter-Reformation and missionaries

The Jesuits are pretty cool because they promote liberation theology and social justice so I'm going to vote for this one.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
I think V2 happened and JP2 met with all the religious leaders because we were at imminent threat of species nuclear destruction and otherwise we wouldn't have done something so drastic. But we're at relatively low risk of that now so it's time to put that aside and get back to basics.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's sounding distressingly protestant of you, Kyrie.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

OwlFancier posted:

That's sounding distressingly protestant of you, Kyrie.

I honestly have no idea what you mean by this.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

It's OK boys, we called off the nuclear holocaust. We can bring back stonings now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Disagreeing with the way the pope does things and suggesting you know a better way more supported by scripture is how the reformation happened.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

OwlFancier posted:

Disagreeing with the way the pope does things and suggesting you know a better way more supported by scripture is how the reformation happened.

I didn't disagree, I just said it had a time and place which is now over.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"I don't disagree, I just don't agree that it is correct to keep doing it, which isn't the same as disagreeing at all."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

OwlFancier posted:

"I don't disagree, I just don't agree that it is correct to keep doing it, which isn't the same as disagreeing at all."

It's not. Things are suitable to their time and place. It's absurd to say otherwise.

• Locked thread