Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Pretty sure the AMX 40 has a working gun and not a 75mm that does arty dpm.

The AMX 40 gun is fine unless you're fighting another AMX 40, in which case it's a reenactment of Hampton Roads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Pretty sure the AMX 40 has a working gun and not a 75mm that does arty dpm.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Was gonna say even if you didn't post that, the AMX 40's 75mm gun is really bad and it doesn't have considerably better DPM than the Valentine.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

NTRabbit posted:

The AMX 40 gun is fine unless you're fighting another AMX 40, in which case it's a reenactment of Hampton Roads
Or if you're uptiered where it's completely useless.

Which is all the time because gently caress the AMX.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
The reload speed on the AMX 40 gun is objectively awful even when you're on top and can play around the pen issues. Same for the Valentine, and at least its guns have some pen. But lol 9 rpm with a 75mm gun, or 13 with a sixpounder on the Valentine.

If I'm gonna play a tier4 with crippling flaws and one good aspect (which I won't), I'd rather play the Lee and it's crazy 20 rpm with its 75mm gun than the AMX 40 and its armor :v:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

That was some sharp targeting! You can tell I've played arty far too much when I don't fast forward through the reload times, as I'm so used to it.

But you can see your champion decision-making shots during the mean time.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 9, 2015

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Atomizer posted:

He was told he would "never, ever, over SerB's dead body be un-chatbanned." Or something to that effect.

Why was shanky banned? And if it was that bad why would they not just ban him properly?

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Eezee posted:

Why was shanky banned? And if it was that bad why would they not just ban him properly?

Shanky has a tanks rap sheet that would make the most hardened FYAD shitposter envious.

The reason he's only chat banned and not for real banned is that Wargaming still wants his money.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hahaha. Simple but efficient troll.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

srb posted:

Was gonna say even if you didn't post that, the AMX 40's 75mm gun is really bad and it doesn't have considerably better DPM than the Valentine.

I was thinking of the all pen no damage Matilda, instead of the Valentine... which has a much higher dpm than both anyway :shrug:

Oh now I remember why I went for the Valentine instead of the Matilda, it's because of those horrible Vickers things before it.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 9, 2015

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Steelion posted:

Though that brings up the question, if not the A-20, what is the current worst tank? AMX 40?

I think everyone just forgot that the M3 Lee exists

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Teron D Amun posted:

It can click red tanks successfully.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Teron D Amun posted:

The M3 Lee is a TD with no accuracy, mobility, camo, armor, or pen, and with a horrific profile. It can still actually damage enemies assuming you're close enough to hit, lucky enough to pen, and aren't instantly focused due to having no survivability. The Valentine isn't so lucky.

The AMX 40 does have armor unlike the Valentine. Sure it won't protect you from tier sixes or gold, but at least you won't be eaten by tier threes who DPM race you.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Atomizer posted:

The random Chinese clans may have some good players, along with rerolls and Blurples, but keep in mind why "CHAI-sniping" is a derogatory term before you equate their players with being actually competent.

because a lot of the people that seriously use it derogatorily are clueless? I play with a few chai guys occasionally and they will absolutely dominate games. of course some chinese purples hang in the back and rack up wn8, just like some of the purple players from G and other top clans

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Atomizer posted:

Not quite. This was the thread to which I was referring: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/427366-bulba-honors-ndp-no-dead-pbkacs/
BULBA wardecced & mapped PBKAC under the false pretense of "getting practice." They kind of sidestepped PBKAC's allies, including actively avoiding OTTER. After a few days they left the map. They seem to have pissed off everybody else, but again, as long as they're not on the map there's not a whole lot that anyone else can do to them (outside of their tourneys or whatever.)
BULBA is on the map, and have been ever since they dropped out of the northeast and showed up in the south. They're holding very good territory in Mexico.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Just a reminder for anyone enjoying trolling dixieland lovers that today it is 150 years since Lee surrendered.

Fried Chicken posted:

Happy Surrender Day goons!

150 years ago today the Slaveholder's Rebellion was put down, and a belligerent, expansionist, violent, and racist regime was rightly destroyed. The Slaveholder's Confederacy was the first proto-fascist state, with the military absorbing and commanding private industry, its doctrine of explicit racial superiority, and it's mass exploitation and murder of those it deemed sub-human. It's destruction was an unarguable good, and brought freedom to millions.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9nEf2nuH_Xc

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 9, 2015

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011

Rincewinds posted:

Just a reminder for anyone enjoying trolling dixieland lovers that today it is 150 years since Lee surrendered.

My current Facebook status:
"I just hope everyone is enjoying the Sesquicentennial Anniversary of The Surrender Correspondence at Appomattox. I am sure few people around this area know what I am talking about without having to look it up."

....I live in Florida, and make fun of the people that still are about the civil war. After the 8th grade it isn't discussed in northern schools.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Jack_tripper posted:

because a lot of the people that seriously use it derogatorily are clueless? I play with a few chai guys occasionally and they will absolutely dominate games. of course some chinese purples hang in the back and rack up wn8, just like some of the purple players from G and other top clans

I was in a game with a CHAI Obj something medium. He played his role absolutely perfectly. No hang in the back, was aggressive without being too aggressive. Just well played and deserved his ridiculous WN8. Some of those people have steady 5k wn8, they're just that good.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 9, 2015

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/44/special-wot-4anniversary/

x5 XP die the whole weekend :slick:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

looks like the reward for doing the WoT anniversary missions is a Chi-Nu Kai on the EU servers

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been hording my CW gold, at 8k right now. What tanks should I shoot for buying? I already got:

T-25, Church 3, EXCELSIOR!, 122-44, T34, FCM and CDC.

I was thinking on just hording more just in case the T54 Proto is as balling as people say.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Wait there's people who say the T-54 proto is balling? I thought I was its main defender and my stance on it is that it's a worse Type 59 ruined by standard MM.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

EXCELSIOR!,
Did someone say EXCELSIOR?

You have my bow!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

Wait there's people who say the T-54 proto is balling? I thought I was its main defender and my stance on it is that it's a worse Type 59 ruined by standard MM.

Rita on her totally not SS report said that:
"The T-54 Prototype Soviet tier 8 premium is finalized on the 9.7 test - in fact, statistically it turns out to be better than other tier 8 premiums"

The Southern Dandy posted:

Did someone say EXCELSIOR?

You have my bow!

AND MY AXE!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

AND MY AXE!

:3:

I wet my arrows in tier 5 pubby blood, as I do in my le foof.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 9, 2015

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Mesadoram posted:

Rita on her totally not SS report said that:
"The T-54 Prototype Soviet tier 8 premium is finalized on the 9.7 test - in fact, statistically it turns out to be better than other tier 8 premiums"

I really hope that is true. It would be amazing to have a good premium medium (Matilda IV doesn't count, it's too slow) to nob about in with my Soviet crew.

I'm going to be trying for the Chi-Nu Kai even though I really don't give a toss for the Japanese tanks. Probably going to pick up some of the tier V crew trainers while they're at 50% off as well. Ram II, T14, Matilda BP. Maybe an Excelsior as well. If I go properly mental I might pick up another tier 8 premium (I already have the IS-6), but I'm not sure which one.

Lowe or T34? I don't have any German heavies, I do have a T29 (but no current interest in going up the tree) so the T34 makes more sense I guess. Or I'll just wait for the T-54 proto.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 9, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:3:

I wet my arrows in tier 5 pubby blood, as I do my le foof.

Do they still sell that?

I also should have got the B2 when I had the chance. drat you common sense telling me no:argh:

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I really hope that is true. It would be amazing to have a good premium medium (Matilda IV doesn't count, it's too slow) to nob about in with my Soviet crew.

Why though, the Matildia is so much fun :newfap:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Oh yeah, the Matilda IV is a genuinely wonderful tank, apparently the one I perform best in, in fact. It's just slow as gently caress. I want to get my Meep Meep on with my (soon to be) five skill crew.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Do they still sell that?

I also should have got the B2 when I had the chance. drat you common sense telling me no:argh:

Why though, the Matildia is so much fun :newfap:

IF, and this is a big if, you already had a premium that you sold (like I did, because I'm the master of horrible life choices) that is not being currently sold by our WG masters, then once ever six months you can recall one of those tanks to your collection. So! If you had the most magical clicker machine in the past, and you haven't called up worse choices than I make, then the le foof is yours, once again.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

IF, and this is a big if, you already had a premium that you sold (like I did, because I'm the master of horrible life choices) that is not being currently sold by our WG masters, then once ever six months you can recall one of those tanks to your collection. So! If you had the most magical clicker machine in the past, and you haven't called up worse choices than I make, then the le foof is yours, once again.

Sadly not the case for me. Much like the Beta Sherman, it is a white whale.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Sadly not the case for me. Much like the Beta Sherman, it is a white whale.

I'm going to shock the public with my TOG in 5.3 months.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah it's amazing what WG can manage to read out of their stats. Apparently the WFTE100 was a bit on the weak side on test as well. Also hardly anyone fires gold shells.

It's a bad (equal e:(i'm probably being too generous here) if you're really fond of the thicker UFP) version of the Type 59 with full MM. Still I expect that some people'll take to it. Even the Super Pershing has fans, after all.

Prav fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 9, 2015

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Mesadoram posted:

I've been hording my CW gold, at 8k right now. What tanks should I shoot for buying? I already got:

I was thinking on just hording more just in case the T54 Proto is as balling as people say.

You should probably buy any t8 pref premiums that you want, since it's looking like WG is going to phase them out.

Personally I'm wondering if I should grab the CDC or wait for 9.8 where the T-54 proto is available for gold. Or I could wait a really long time and get both if they go on sale, I think I have enough gold on hand for that.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wheres my BP/Caer premium tank at.

VV IS-6 is good but I find it boring.

Also jesus christ do 13 90's have a built in code that any full bloom shot you take will automatically go to the very edges? I am missing poo poo at 20 meters its crazy.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 9, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I should buy an IS-6, c/d?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Azhais posted:

c

Also, this is modern tanks, but since it's Russian bias! I think it fits in this thread: http://tanks.mod16.org/2015/04/09/report-from-terrain-trials-with-t-80u/

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Azhais posted:

If you have a Russian heavy crew, sure.

Oh, and next Alpha test coming up next week in Armored Warfare for those nerds that give a gently caress.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mesadoram posted:

Since they're marching down the road to remove all pref MM tanks, you should buy an FCM now. It's also the best of that group.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

warcrimes posted:

you should buy an FCM now. It's also the best of that group.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

warcrimes posted:

Since they're marching down the road to remove all pref MM tanks, you should buy an FCM now. It's also the best of that group.
He already has it