Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Nah it's cool. We all have an unhappy woman in our past.

Fixed for STR and CSB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

1500quidporsche posted:

I think it has less to do with tumblr and more to do with the fact that there is a growing segment of middle class kids coming out of high school that don't have a job and don't really know how the real world works and are stuck in an endless feedback loop where they all reassure each other's life views.

Tumblr is just the platform.

Here we call it 'D&D'

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Blood transfusions would be a good idea. Nothing like standing there then coming to a few minutes later wondering wtf just happened. If you do this in the Emergency room you do get rushed to the front of the line which is kind of nice.

Hang in there.
Did that at work one day. Got a little lightheaded, tried to grab another co-worker to help the customer I was with, and woke up about 2-3 minutes later with a busted lip and a bunch of very concerned folks staring down at me. I was told I kind of went to my knees before faceplanting on the industrial carpet over concrete.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Tide posted:

I gave up sugar for Lent, which was fairly easy except for my coffee (I like a bit in it to knock the bitter off).
Try a splash of salt instead of sugar. You don't need much and it will knock the edge off. It's the only way I can drink it black.

Tusen Takk posted:

Today I discovered that Rascal does not like being on a leash one bit.
Our Siberian husky is a dream on the leash. Always stays on the trails/sidewalks, crosses streets perfectly, stops when you stop, and rarely gives a poo poo about anything else going on, like dogs and wildlife.

It took a couple years to get him this good. Walks on a short leash keeping him next to you did wonders. You'll want a harness when he's grown. On a leash it feels like he could rip out your arm!

Cage posted:

So he doesn't have any other money, didn't start his new job yet (part time at a deli) and what does is he going to buy today? An awd bmw x5 with 162k miles.
Hahaha I'm sure this can only end well.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

iwentdoodie posted:

IOC, that's what I was hoping. They said valium, milk of amnesia, and then the next thing I'll know is what the recovery room looks like. Off to surgery now.
I've had local anesthesia for biopsies, tests, scopes and other poo poo I'd guess at least 30 times now. I never remember anything and always wake up feeling pretty decent. Local is pretty decent for knocking you out enough you don't have to deal with it but not leaving you hosed up too badly afterwards. I'm usually ready to go get some food within an hour or less of waking up. General anesthesia on the other hand tends to gently caress with the body a bit more, I always felt like poo poo for several hours afterwards especially for longer operations.

Pham Nuwen posted:

So there's that once a week... and burritos down at the taqueria, or Indian buffet... goddamn I love work lunch, but if I eat out at lunch I have to be a lot more careful what I eat for dinner.
I've always brought lunch to work and think I've eaten from the on site cafeteria once (breakfast) in the last almost 6 years. Germany on the other hand I ate at the cafe for lunch every day because the food was really good and the portions were massive. Then I'd go out to dinner every night. The hotel I was at also had excellent breakfasts. I ate so much food over there, if it was anyone else they would have come back at least 20lb heavier I swear.

Rhyno posted:

My ex (who put on 40lbs in the first year we lived together) lost her loving mind when I joined a gym. It got so bad that I had to quit going after two months because all she did was bitch about how she wasn't good enough anymore and other terrible poo poo.
I feel bad for laughing but my brother's wife is ballooning up at a pretty unhealthy rate because all she does is sleep, watch movies and eat lovely food. She constantly gives me poo poo about my diet (lots of meat, milk, potatoes), tracking my calories and working out. I feel really bad because it's starting to really bug my brother and wear on him, he's visibly unhappy with things but is afraid to say anything. Not a good situation, poor fool.

Looks like the cable modem is going on lock down again. Already used almost half my monthly budget and we're 1/3 of the way through. That and her sitting up until 4am watching movies (waking me up) then sleeping all day.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

I've had local anesthesia for biopsies, tests, scopes and other poo poo I'd guess at least 30 times now. I never remember anything and always wake up feeling pretty decent. Local is pretty decent for knocking you out enough you don't have to deal with it but not leaving you hosed up too badly afterwards. I'm usually ready to go get some food within an hour or less of waking up. General anesthesia on the other hand tends to gently caress with the body a bit more, I always felt like poo poo for several hours afterwards especially for longer operations.

I've always brought lunch to work and think I've eaten from the on site cafeteria once (breakfast) in the last almost 6 years. Germany on the other hand I ate at the cafe for lunch every day because the food was really good and the portions were massive. Then I'd go out to dinner every night. The hotel I was at also had excellent breakfasts. I ate so much food over there, if it was anyone else they would have come back at least 20lb heavier I swear.

I feel bad for laughing but my brother's wife is ballooning up at a pretty unhealthy rate because all she does is sleep, watch movies and eat lovely food. She constantly gives me poo poo about my diet (lots of meat, milk, potatoes), tracking my calories and working out. I feel really bad because it's starting to really bug my brother and wear on him, he's visibly unhappy with things but is afraid to say anything. Not a good situation, poor fool.

Looks like the cable modem is going on lock down again. Already used almost half my monthly budget and we're 1/3 of the way through. That and her sitting up until 4am watching movies (waking me up) then sleeping all day.

Local anesthesia refers to a specific body part, and specifically is a type of anesthesia that doesn't affect consciousness.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Good news! My vet paperwork said "Husky Mix" on it instead of Husky/German Shepherd/Labrador Retriever so Rascal is now good to live with us! They could tell he was a mix but I said since he has blue eyes he would have to be predominately Husky, and also I had no idea what else he could be and they bought it while cooing about how cute he is.

I have a feeling that if they were to look on the restricted list they might find Siberian Husky, but the lease is already being drawn up with approval for him :laugh:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Shoutout to the pipe-fitters for wet-coring right above our gangbox filled with expensive tools and blueprints.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Tusen Takk posted:

Good news! My vet paperwork said "Husky Mix" on it instead of Husky/German Shepherd/Labrador Retriever so Rascal is now good to live with us! They could tell he was a mix but I said since he has blue eyes he would have to be predominately Husky, and also I had no idea what else he could be and they bought it while cooing about how cute he is.

I have a feeling that if they were to look on the restricted list they might find Siberian Husky, but the lease is already being drawn up with approval for him :laugh:

So your apartment has a restricted breed list or something? And labs are banned but huskies arent? :wtc:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

So your apartment has a restricted breed list or something? And labs are banned but huskies arent? :wtc:

Yeah that's exactly what I said. I guess it may be because labs get slightly bigger than huskies even if they aren't as strong or wild or something? idgi

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
It should be backwards because Labs fuckin rule and huskies are spazzy weirdos with 14 foot long white hair that sticks to everything.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Yeah also bored huskies are like "HAY IM GONNA DIG IN THIS LAWN AND ESCAPE 3 TIMES A WEEK K THX"

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
They are dogs for people that stay active. You can't have a good husky AND sit on the couch all day. Luckily, I think most of us in here aren't in the 'sits-all-day' category!

Except for me.. at work..

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

My husky was old as hell and lazy, but she was 12 years old when we got her. She still had some pep in her step though, especially when fresh snow was down. Despite her lovely old back and age she would frolic like a puppy in it :3: Also, she was the alpha. Like, anytime we took her to a dogpark or something, she was instantly the boss of every dog. The only time I saw her challenged was a crusty old grey faced lab mix, who tried to bite her face off through a chain link fence.

She lived to 16, which is also really, really old for a husky. She was pretty small though, about 50 lbs or so. Great dog, sassy old bitch.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Haha I've always wanted a husky and my wife didn't know they had blue eyes until we got him :3: I hope the other 50% kind of chills him out, and so far he is soooo chill and loves just being held and hanging out.

I do play with him a LOT though, more so than any other puppy I've ever had :3:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Shoutout to the pipe-fitters for wet-coring right above our gangbox filled with expensive tools and blueprints.

That sucks. Your gangbox isn't the swanky kind that's rainproof? I got one literally for free a couple years ago that has been sitting on my back porch in the rain since then, full of tools and parts, without a single drop getting inside.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Anyone have a carfax to burn? Someone wants me to run a vin report on my ONE OWNER CAR WITH NO ACCIDENTS for them even though I'm not the one buying the thing. sigh.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

ssjonizuka posted:

Anyone have a carfax to burn? Someone wants me to run a vin report on my ONE OWNER CAR WITH NO ACCIDENTS for them even though I'm not the one buying the thing. sigh.

There's a guy selling them on SA-mart, ends tomorrow though:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699833

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Astonishing Wang posted:

There's a guy selling them on SA-mart, ends tomorrow though:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699833

Stupidly, I didn't even think to check there. Sent him a pm. Thanks!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some hilariously bad ideas going through michener allen in edmonton this weekend.

An 02 X5 4.4 with a rebuilt title and suspension problems, a 330i 6 speed convertible, a 104k wrx sti with a blown engine judging from the number of gauges, a 104k RX-8 with a blown engine judging from the number of kilometers and a little 5.5hp kart http://details.maauctions.com/AutolistingYEG_Detail.aspx?Link=9/4/2015^RD1

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Powershift posted:

Some hilariously bad ideas going through michener allen in edmonton this weekend.

An 02 X5 4.4 with a rebuilt title and suspension problems, a 330i 6 speed convertible, a 104k wrx sti with a blown engine judging from the number of gauges, and a little 5.5hp kart http://details.maauctions.com/AutolistingYEG_Detail.aspx?Link=9/4/2015%5ERD1

your URL got hosed somehow. Fixed

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Buy the RX8 for me, I'll pay you back.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Quite A Tool posted:

When I came out from under after my double hernia repair I was loving miserable. Confused and in mega pain. Once they doped me up again everything was fine.

I was super thrilled when they gave me the pictures showing the mesh they put in. Kept telling my wife how awesome it was now that I had chain mail built into my crotch.

So do you get to participate in all those lawsuits/settlements I keep getting spam for?

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, they are. I'm not a huge fan, but my brother is, so I printed him a few for when he gets back into town.

It was an interesting, if depressing, movie, the model work was very good, and those little bots were a unique design, at least.

NitroSpazzz posted:

That's some class-A lack of consideration or appreciation right there. I mean, you're basically letting them stay for free, right? I had to get rid of some now-ex-friends (a "married" coupe) because of poo poo like that. I give 'em a place to stay while they get back on their feet and then they bitch about me wanting them to clean up their mess and do the dishes, for gently caress's sake.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

some texas redneck posted:

...dog stories...

My dog would just follow you around drooling :D

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Geirskogul posted:

Local anesthesia refers to a specific body part, and specifically is a type of anesthesia that doesn't affect consciousness.
Damnit yeah good call. Whatever it is when they partially knock you out or whatever is what I meant. Twilight or something maybe?

Darchangel posted:

That's some class-A lack of consideration or appreciation right there. I mean, you're basically letting them stay for free, right? I had to get rid of some now-ex-friends (a "married" coupe) because of poo poo like that. I give 'em a place to stay while they get back on their feet and then they bitch about me wanting them to clean up their mess and do the dishes, for gently caress's sake.
Yup they don't pay anything. They got pissed at their old roommate that they were staying with because they heard he referred to them as white trash behind their backs...he was so loving right. Dishes and the kitchen island are a constant issue as well as cleaning up after themselves in general. At this point they are very close to getting kicked out.

CharlesM posted:

My dog would just follow you around drooling :D
You guys aren't helping me in not getting a dog. Spent some time today looking at what's available locally for adoption. Really close to getting in touch with a few of the rescue groups. Is there any other site than petfinder.com I could be browsing at work?

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 9, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Petango.com, not sure how big they are but worth checking.

There are sometimes local sites like virtualpetadoptions.com for the SF Bay Area.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well, had my surgery at 1330, it's 1530 and I'm already on my way home. General anesthesia is loving awesome, and I'm having no side effects. Immediately wanted to eat and drink and I feel totally fine. Like I just had a bitchin nap.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I am so jealous of you :bahgawd: General and the painkillers they gave me afterwards made me absofuckinglutely useless for drat near a week.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yup they don't pay anything. They got pissed at their old roommate that they were staying with because they heard he referred to them as white trash behind their backs...he was so loving right. Dishes and the kitchen island are a constant issue as well as cleaning up after themselves in general. At this point they are very close to getting kicked out.

Sounds like my roomies. Our back porch is full of literal mountains of cardboard boxes from pizza, 12 packs of soda, etc. that they just tossed out back instead of throwing away, the sink and counters are actually covered in dirty dishes and and the stove has layers of crusted on food and grease and poo poo. Not only that, but they decided to move all their poo poo into the living room, including multiple space heaters and an electric blanket, so last month we ended up with a $200 electric bill from them essentially trying to heat the entire goddamn house the entire time with just a personal heater. And now warm weather has started so instead of heat they're constantly running the a/c. Can't wait to be out on my own again :sigh:

Mine at least split the bills with me, but still. Fucksakes, clean up after yourselves.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm in atlanta, and just learned the unit I'm going to (deploying to) doesn't even loving know I'm coming yet. I just texted the commander (it's a small, 20 person unit) and she was surprised! WTF army

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Geirskogul posted:

I'm in atlanta, and just learned the unit I'm going to (deploying to) doesn't even loving know I'm coming yet. I just texted the commander (it's a small, 20 person unit) and she was surprised! WTF army

Haw. Welcome to Hotlanta

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
My Facebook feed just exploded. Holy poo poo I have not seen the speed of reaction to a death of any Aussie that fast ever. I guess Richie Benaud truly meant something to most Aussies

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I spent my morning listening to my boss tell me that

1. My thing I work on is getting mothballed and replaced and all new development will be in Java instead of Python because reasons

and

2. You got a promotion and a raise! congrats

gonna just jump out the window now, gently caress enterprise software

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Amazon Prime + any variation of USPS = good luck seeing your package anytime soon

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Moxie Omen posted:

I spent my morning listening to my boss tell me that

1. My thing I work on is getting mothballed and replaced and all new development will be in Java instead of Python because reasons

and

2. You got a promotion and a raise! congrats

gonna just jump out the window now, gently caress enterprise software

You haven't lived until they cut your team in half and move to a drag-and-drop single-threaded 32-bit enterprise software solution based entirely on tables that, by the way, the company also makes.

Take your raise and spend it on a suit for the next round of interviews.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Goober Peas posted:

Amazon Prime + any variation of USPS = good luck seeing your package anytime soon

Lately the post office has been doing a much better job than Prestige ever did when Amazon was using them. Only time I got my packages on time from them was if I drove to the regional distribution warehouse and picked it up myself.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

USPS owns compared to fedex and poo poo, I only use them to ship stuff

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

iwentdoodie posted:

Well, had my surgery at 1330, it's 1530 and I'm already on my way home. General anesthesia is loving awesome, and I'm having no side effects. Immediately wanted to eat and drink and I feel totally fine. Like I just had a bitchin nap.

I'm sure it depends on the surgery, but I was miserable after becoming aware of my surroundings after nasal surgery, although how much of that was just the after affects of the anesthesia vs. getting the insides of my sinuses all sliced up is probably leaning heavily towards the latter.

Apparently (although I don't remember it) I had to be restrained as I was coming out from the anesthesia, because I was trying to attack everyone. Who knew I was a closet psycho?

IOwnCalculus posted:

I am so jealous of you :bahgawd: General and the painkillers they gave me afterwards made me absofuckinglutely useless for drat near a week.

I also stay far far away from narcotic painkillers now. I got shingles a couple of years ago and they prescribed Vicoden. Holy poo poo I've never thought I was actually going to die before taking that poo poo. I spent 12 hours on the floor in my bathroom throwing up and not sure if I was actually going to ever leave that room.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 10, 2015

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

It seems to be a 50/50 thing for me. Both times I've broken my right arm, its required surgery. First time I came out perfectly fine and scared the nurses since I hopped right on up. Next time it took me nearly 24 hours to recover from being put under. And oh god, the loving pain was unreal when I did. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Goober Peas posted:

I guess my post office is weird. I always get my Prime stuff either the next day (instead of 2-day) or on the day it's expected. I suppose it helps that I live within 20 miles of 3 gigantic Amazon distribution centers.

Both Fed-Ex and UPS have also gotten my Amazon Prime stuff here on the day it's supposed to be here (sometime's it's been 8pm or so, but hey, they don't promise a time!).

Cat Terrist posted:

My Facebook feed just exploded. Holy poo poo I have not seen the speed of reaction to a death of any Aussie that fast ever. I guess Richie Benaud truly meant something to most Aussies

I had to Google him. So now I know that he's an ex-cricket player sports commentator, and that he's apparently dead.

• Locked thread