Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Citizen Tayne posted:

normal people drink miller lite, beer snobs are always weirdos

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

hobbesmaster posted:

take that princeton

heh none of the ivies besides harvard matter if you arent in the northeast

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

my mind always blanks out for a few seconds every time i remember upenn is an ivy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

new businesstown :toot:

someone in another thread was talking about how he couldn't believe how dumb his fellow students were in his "good" school, I guess because he thinks that good schools are about academics and not networking / a social class marker. lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wharton is really good at least

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

we like Brown grads here, I think

Apr 7, 2003

if you're over 30 and you give a poo poo about what school you went to, you just haven't accomplished anything since college.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Subjunctive posted:

we like Brown grads here, I think

that explains your posts, lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Foo posted:

:newlol:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Captain Foo posted:

:agreed:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if you went to penn state, apply for jobs in nyc, because a lot of them confuse penn state and upenn

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

theflyingexecutive posted:

if you went to penn state, apply for jobs in nyc, because a lot of them confuse penn state and upenn

hmmm

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i think a lot of MRAs are older divorced guys

dudes made hating their ex-wives into a religion

hobbesmaster posted:

I think it might be 50/50 old divorced guys/young creepy nerds

yeah its this. the active ones are majority angry divorced dads and angry never been kissed teens and young adults.

Pinterest Mom posted:

my mind always blanks out for a few seconds every time i remember upenn is an ivy

also columbia

Apr 7, 2003

My wife was just at Macy's and found Nittany Lion-branded panties. PSU is a cult.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Citizen Tayne posted:

My wife was just at Macy's and found Nittany Lion-branded panties. PSU is a cult.

and the wins cried "joepa"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

and the undergrads are about equally intelligent

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Citizen Tayne posted:

if you're over 30 and you give a poo poo about what school you went to, you just haven't accomplished anything since college.

what if I'm over 30 and still in college? :smith:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Citizen Tayne posted:

My wife was just at Macy's and found Nittany Lion-branded panties.

send sandusky a pair

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

send sandusky a pair

eh, theyd have to be underroos

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Citizen Tayne posted:

why was she shopping in the children's section

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

hobbesmaster posted:

Wharton is really good at least

some of the most insufferable people i've ever met are wharton grads

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lamont Cranston posted:

i drive near wharton almost every day and lol at the kinds of people you see around there

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lamont Cranston posted:

thats how you know its a good business school!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

had a friend whose parents were penn state freaks. they owned a duplex in state college, rented one side to grad students, used the other half for going to football games. 3 hour drive each way, every loving weekend

one time they shared their penn state m&ms with me. custom ordered m&ms with tiny penn state logos printed on them.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Lamont Cranston posted:

how do you know a wharton graduate when you see one?
he'll tell you

Apr 7, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

had a friend whose parents were penn state freaks. they owned a duplex in state college, rented one side to grad students, used the other half for going to football games. 3 hour drive each way, every loving weekend

one time they shared their penn state m&ms with me. custom ordered m&ms with tiny penn state logos printed on them.

PSU is a cult.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Nintendo Kid posted:

:pwn:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
those weirdos wound up loving up college ball worse than the SEC, thats impressive

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Nintendo Kid posted:

tori short

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

how do you know a wharton graduate when you see one?
he'll tell you

i think donald trump went there

Apr 7, 2003

my waif-like wife

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

they've probably given a lot of money to causes that support the redemption and restoration of honors to paterno on the campus.

as far as i'm concerned penn state should have lost their accreditation

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Citizen Tayne posted:

someone in another thread was talking about how he couldn't believe how dumb his fellow students were in his "good" school, I guess because he thinks that good schools are about academics and not networking / a social class marker. lol

a common thing I've seen happen at both of the less-well-known schools i've spent time at is that students will go on internships to high-viz places and come back all stoked because they finally got to meet/work with mit/harvard/stanford kids and found out that they're usually just as dumb and poorly prepared as anyone, plus an extra dash of entitlement and lack of self awareness

"oh hey, my state school prepared me for this job better than harvard did for that guy, that's cool"

on the flipside, that probably means that the really good top-tier-school students are off doing something even cooler and more prestigious, while you're stuck with the dregs who are squandering their access to world-class education on partying and floating by on institutional nepotism

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

remember these guys?

quote:

Zynga Inc’s (NASDAQ:ZNGA) Don Mattrick has resigned from his post as Chief Executive Officer of the game maker. Mr. Mattrick will be replaced by the company’s founder Mark Pincus, who would be expected to help the company return to profitability, as it struggles to keep up with changing consumer preferences.

Founded by Mr. Pincus in 2007, Zynga Inc had seen fast-paced growth, primarily due to its popular game 'FarmVille'. However, FarmVille was associated with Facebook, and was introduced during a time when people used Facebook mostly on desktops. However, with the increase in usage of smartphones, the game’s popularity has declined, along with Zynga’s revenues. Last year, it reported a huge loss of $226 million. Non-GAAP revenue fell down to $694 million from $1.15 billion in 2012. Revenues have also received a major hit by the mobile-based game 'Candy Crush', developed by rival King Digital Entertainment PLC (NYSE:KING).

According to Zynga, Mr. Mattrick would receive a payout worth $4 million as he also resigns from the company’s board. He was made CEO back in 2013, in an effort to revive the company’s profits, after its games succeeding FarmVille were not able to rake in revenues. Mr. Mattrick has worked at Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), and worked as head of Microsoft Corporation’s (NASDAQ:MSGT) Xbox business.

On the other hand, Mr. Pincus left the company in 2014 after serving as Chief Product Officer and Chairman. He now demands an annual compensation of $1 from Zynga for rejoining the company as CEO.
Mattrick fails upwards again

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Nintendo Kid posted:

:vince:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Mattrick fired me once and zynga made me a job offer right around the time he came onboard and i turned it down and told the recruiter that i wasn't going to let him do it to me twice.

they were not happy.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Mattrick fired me once and zynga made me a job offer right around the time he came onboard and i turned it down and told the recruiter that i wasn't going to let him do it to me twice.

they were not happy.

:hfive:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

qirex posted:

remember these guys?

Mattrick fails upwards again

basically, never hire Microsoft execs to do anything at your company but ESPECIALLY if they worked at EA (just ask Visa how thats going)

edit: dang

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

uber has disrupted the employee of the week program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

lol "driver partners"

gotta keep that legal distinction

• Locked thread