Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Dancer posted:

Besides all the things other people have said about US culture, they would be fined a potentially substantial amount of money if they were to air the word "poo poo". It's actually against the rules.

The C in CNN stands for "Cable." No they wouldn't, though it might piss off advertisers of old people diapers or whatever commercials are on CNN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm saying that there is a big different between "someone shouldn't get special treatment because they married a murdered" and "ban this women from healthcare!!!!" None of those quotes fall in the latter category.

Its a rather subtle distinction apparently.
She's a woman who needs help, the state is willing to help her, what's the problem?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm saying that there is a big different between "someone shouldn't get special treatment because they married a murdered" and "ban this women from healthcare!!!!" None of those quotes fall in the latter category.

Its a rather subtle distinction apparently.

It isn't charity when its the tax payer's money.

like four or five people are saying that instead of her husband's insurance being extended to her until her child is born, she should be kicked off it immediately, you no-reading gently caress

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

It isn't charity when its the tax payer's money.

"She shouldn't abuse taxpayer money like this! She should go on Medicaid instead!"

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
holy poo poo can we talk about something else please

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

paranoid randroid posted:

white knighting a pregnant woman fuckin lmao

not understanding what medicaid is or how it works lmao

Popular Thug Drink posted:

"She shouldn't abuse taxpayer money like this! She should go on Medicaid instead!"

Yeah there's this thing called federalism, where states and federal governments do and pay for different things...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Of course this thread talks for multiple pages about the wife and her perfectly irrelevant prenatal needs instead of, you know, the cop who just murdered a guy in high definition.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

R. Mute posted:

But if the state is willing to help one of his victims by extending healthcare coverage to her for a while, that's a good thing, right?
I agree, everyone, from murderers and murdered people and everyone in between, should be kept to the same legal and ethical standards. That's what my entire argument is about.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

R. Mute posted:

She's a woman who needs help, the state is willing to help her, what's the problem?

If only there wasn't a long as gently caress line to receive the state's help, I think fewer people would have a problem.

TheQat posted:

like four or five people are saying that instead of her husband's insurance being extended to her until her child is born, she should be kicked off it immediately, you no-reading gently caress

Yes, people are saying she shouldn't get special My-Husband-is-a-murdering-cop extended benefits. That's not banning her from health insurance, that's not arguing she shouldn't get healthcare or anything else you're pretending it is.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
If you don't think that woman should get the Luxury Suite at the hospital and not the Medicaid ward, you are literally calling for Hitler's return.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mdemone posted:

Of course this thread talks for multiple pages about the wife and her perfectly irrelevant prenatal needs instead of, you know, the cop who just murdered a guy in high definition.

We all agree that the murder was bad, but there's plenty of space to be had playing the Leftism Olympics. Up next: The Synchronized Why It's Ethical To Place More Emotional Burden On The Pregnant Wife Of A Murderer Competition

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Trabisnikof posted:

If only there wasn't a long as gently caress line to receive the state's help, I think fewer people would have a problem.

Yes, people are saying she shouldn't get special My-Husband-is-a-murdering-cop extended benefits. That's not banning her from health insurance, that's not arguing she shouldn't get healthcare or anything else you're pretending it is.

Trabisnikof posted:

No one is saying she should be kicked off insurance, just that a murderer shouldn't keep his job just because he knocked up his wife. How hard is that to understand?

what you wrote does not mean "banned from insurance and medicaid." you just moved the goalposts to make it so you could sleep at night after you wrote it and realized you were wrong. i'm done, you're a loving moron who can't even remember what you yourself wrote less than a full page ago

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Radbot posted:

If you don't think that woman should get the Luxury Suite at the hospital and not the Medicaid ward, you are literally calling for Hitler's return.

white knighting a pregnant woman

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

You know, for a liberal bastion, you guys are incredibly heartless. That's why I'm voting for Jeb Bush if he gets the nomination. He may be a conservative, but at least he's a compassionate conservative.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

mdemone posted:

We're saving that for when he's either:

a) not indicted
b) indicted but found not guilty
c) indicted, found guilty, and this one time a cop is actually convicted of murdering someone is dragged out for the rest of the decade by conservatives who insist that the system works.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

white knighting a pregnant woman

Buy an av about it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
at least give the woman a chance to shoot her mouth off about how her husband did nothing wrong or whatever before you start contemning her, jesus

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Radbot posted:

this poster has no idea how hospitals work

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

We all agree that the murder was bad, but there's plenty of space to be had playing the Leftism Olympics. Up next: The Synchronized Why It's Ethical To Place More Emotional Burden On The Pregnant Wife Of A Murderer Competition

Event cancelled: Medicaid found

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

at least give the woman a chance to shoot her mouth off about how her husband did nothing wrong or whatever before you start contemning her, jesus

On the other hand, she got married to a cop in South Carolina. She's probably a bad person to begin with.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

JT Jag posted:

I agree, everyone, from murderers and murdered people and everyone in between, should be kept to the same legal and ethical standards. That's what my entire argument is about.

Trabisnikof posted:

I, personally, think it's better if someone is helped rather than nobody being helped at all.

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014
This is going to be buried in this...whatever is going on in this topic right now, but I didn't realize attempting to replace Jackson with a woman on the $20 was a thing:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/08/news/woman-on-20-bill/index.html

http://www.womenon20s.org/vote2

Voting for a Cherokee named Mankiller is too good to pass up, even if it's neeeeeeevvvvvveeeerrr going to happen.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

joeburz posted:

this poster has no idea how hospitals work

How so? There absolutely are luxury birthing suites and there absolutely are hospitals that only accept private insurance (and especially those that only accept private insurance for said suites).

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

Event cancelled: Medicaid found

Exactly how many hours do I have to volunteer with the poor before I can claim it's in society's best interest to condemn charity offered to the pregnant wife of a cop accused of murder? When did you pass that threshold?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I yearn for a world where all pregnant wives of murderers get extended benefits, not just the ones who are married to the right murderers.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Magres posted:

Let's talk about that instead of this god awful race to the peak of Mount Shitpost
No. We will conquer that summit.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

R. Mute posted:

I, personally, think it's better if someone is helped rather than nobody being helped at all.

Let us first start with the families of criminal cops and then see how much is left over for everyone else.

Exactly how many hours do I have to volunteer with the poor before I can claim it's in society's best interest to condemn charity offered to the pregnant wife of a cop accused of murder? When did you pass that threshold?

Its not charity if the PD is paying for it.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Let us first start with the families of criminal cops and then see how much is left over for everyone else.
Compassion isn't a limited resource, Trabisnikof.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Why don't you start doing it and see where it gets you?

JT Jag posted:

I yearn for a world where all pregnant wives of murderers get extended benefits, not just the ones who are married to the right murderers.

I too agree that the SC should have accepted the ACA expansion.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

I'd really rather not start calling for the pregnant woman to get kicked off insurance just to buff my cop-hating cred. Surely there are better methods.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

R. Mute posted:

I can be both compassionate about the horrible position this women is in and also still think she shouldn't get special treatment because her husband killed a man.

Shocking as that might sound....

I'd really rather not start calling for the pregnant woman to get kicked off insurance just to buff my cop-hating cred. Surely there are better methods.

What about calling for her to get treated like the spouse of a non-cop city employee? Is that a horrible evil thing to say?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

R. Mute posted:

It is when you're liberal!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Radbot posted:

I too agree that the SC should have accepted the ACA expansion.

I'm sorry we're all too busy white-knighting an 8 month old pregnant woman.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

I can be both compassionate about the horrible position this women is in and also still think she shouldn't get special treatment because her husband killed a man.

Shocking as that might sound....
Why should her husband's actions factor into this? The state's willing to help, simple as that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

What about calling for her to get treated like the spouse of a non-cop city employee? Is that a horrible evil thing to say?

nah but its a mondo hilarious thing to do in a forum that whines about crab bucket mentality as much as this one

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I'm sorry we're all too busy white-knighting an 8 month old pregnant woman.

Understandable when you can't comprehend how America's social insurance programs work.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Vice President Joe Biden stole a pacifier from a baby today.

The baby, Jasper Michael Brown Quintana, grandson of Michael Bloomberg, will likely be given a new pacifier.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Like I said, I've helped four people get signed up for Medicaid, since you asked. One of them had their poo poo genuinely saved as they didn't know about retroactive eligibility, the other three probably would've figured it out themselves to be honest.

What have you done, besides post, post, post, post? No credibility or anything here, just genuinely interested. I'll cede the Gold to you at whatever olympics or poo poo you were talking about.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

R. Mute posted:

Why should her husband's actions factor into this? The state's willing to help, simple as that.

Her husbands actions are the only reason she first got health insurance then is what is allowing her to get special treatment. If it wasn't for her husband's actions she wouldn't have gotten the special extension.

Really you all should just donate if you're that worried and overflowing with compassion: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/michael-t-slager-support-fund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

Like I said, I've helped four people get signed up for Medicaid, since you asked. What have you done, besides post, post, post, post? No credibility or anything here, just genuinely interested.

Oh wow, from the way you were hammering on about how you truly understood the plight of the poor on a deep and personal level I figured you'd have more than a whopping four notches on your belt.

I'll have you know I volunteed at least eight hours of my time filling out medicare paperwork, so if you have any questions about the system I regard myself as a bit of a qualified expert ready to answer any inquiries you may have.

• Locked thread