Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I'm wearing a Leviathan shirt right now under my button-up shirt.

It's pretty cool. Metal shirts work well as undershirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Business casual corporate IT metalhead checking in.

Insurance instead of IT, but yup. Total weekend warrior.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

My brother :cheers:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Business casual corporate IT metalhead checking in.
High school shithead checking in. :eng101:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

UltraVariant posted:

High school shithead checking in. :eng101:

Yikes!

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
I have a Gorguts shirt I wear to shows (in other word never, since I don't have :retrogames: to spend on that, or free evenings to attend). Might get an Erra shirt, though, I adore that band and they have some really nice subtle designs that don't just have a huge metal-esque band logo.

I really, really don't like the metalhead aesthetic overall.

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

I usually go to metal shows directly after work during weekdays.

So if you ever see a guy in khakis and a polo shirt at Baltimore metal shows, it's could be me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Yikes indeed. :v:

Gamma Nerd posted:

I really, really don't like the metalhead aesthetic overall.
I own like 20 band shirts and I'm thinking about clearing out all but my Death, Megadeth, Fear Factory, and Slayer t-shirts. I also own a battle jacket because of course I should (definitely need more patches, though).

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

MrBling posted:

I don't actually own any metal shirts anymore, because all the ones I had were terrible quality and would eventually fall apart.

Are there any good European shops that sells good quality, nice shirts without all sorts of poo poo printed on the back?

Try EMP or Amazon.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I'll be a highschool maths teacher metalhead in a few years and my only metal tshirt is an old Gojira shirt I bought back when Terra Incognita came out, it's the only one that's held together and it actually still looks good!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
lets talk about quadrillions of tons today. no, metric tons, you stupid fuckers

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

MrBling posted:

I don't actually own any metal shirts anymore, because all the ones I had were terrible quality and would eventually fall apart.

Are there any good European shops that sells good quality, nice shirts without all sorts of poo poo printed on the back?

Backprints are really annoying. like there's this really cool SadEx shirt i saw somewhere that was a nice big full version of the cover of The Magus, but it's got a giant Australian flag with text on the back, totally ruins it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Somewhere I have a Planetary Duality shirt with a real dumb lyric back like

TRANSFERRING NEUTRONS
DISPLACING REALITY
FERMENTING ATHEISM
DISSECTING THE COSMOSIS

it's really dumb and even though that album is still special to me The Faceless is so garbage now that I have no reason for it. I'm glad it's lost in a closet somewhere.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

A human heart posted:

Backprints are really annoying. like there's this really cool SadEx shirt i saw somewhere that was a nice big full version of the cover of The Magus, but it's got a giant Australian flag with text on the back, totally ruins it.

I'm OK with text in the back, like tour dates, etc., but I hate it when they're just rude things.
I don't care about curse words in my daily life, but I rather not walk around with JESUS IS A oval office written on my back, like an edgy annoying teen.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I like my Puig Destroyer shirt

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I really like metal band shirts and try to buy one at every show, but that's more that I like collecting them/want to support the bands thing rather then actually wanting to wear them much.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I purchased Vassafor's Obsidian Codex and have been listening to it more or less constantly all day. God drat what an amazing album.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I own metal band shirts but don't need to talk about my collection on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3BL6va-Lyw

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The House of Atreus debut is streaming in full here: http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2015/04/exclusive-album-premiere-house-of-atreus-the-spear-and-the-ichor-that-follows/
These guys have been mentioned in here before, if anyone hasn't heard them they're basically Arghoslent worship, but without the racism.

A human heart fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 10, 2015

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The only band shirt I own is a Red Fang shirt I bought because it's the only one I'd seen from a band I liked that didn't look like Jackson Pollock threw up on it.

Trees and Squids posted:

I know we've got some Leprous fans around here. They just released a new song from their upcoming album. I think it's real good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G9Qd_84YZs
I thought Coal was Real Good and this makes me happy.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I like my Cavalera Conspiracy shirt that says "gently caress art. Let's kill" on the back but most of the time I like my metalshirts with smaller less eye catching logo's and without screaming back messages and such.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've got a good number of band shirts, but few of them are offensive so they get worn whenever. They're mostly from doom metal bands though, so that's probably why.

I also have this shirt from Hydra Head Records that I love very much.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The new Sulphur Aeon album is some pretty rad atmospheric death metal.

https://sulphuraeon-vanrecords.bandcamp.com/

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Goon band Cult of Endtime has their album up for preorder. Being a dork, I went ahead and got me the vinyl. Pretty excited to hear the whole thing. The post is like two down, below the promo picture.

https://www.facebook.com/cultofendtime?fref=ts

Opulent Ceremony
Feb 22, 2012

A human heart posted:

The House of Atreus debut is streaming in full here: http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2015/04/exclusive-album-premiere-house-of-atreus-the-spear-and-the-ichor-that-follows/
These guys have been mentioned in here before, if anyone hasn't heard them they're basically Arghoslent worship, but without the racism.

Also without the good riffs

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
This is my default "wear under a sweater" shirt for the two times a year my wife asks me to go to church with her. I'm so edgy/gently caress you dad/etc.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Does Satan really need a pentagram on his trident? Yeah, we get it, you're Satan, you're evil. I mean, he's stabbing a flayed Jesus in the back and all. The pentagram is really just extraneous information.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's for identification purposes so some other demon doesn't walk into the armory and accidentally pick up Satan's trident on his way to the stabbing fields.

Satan gets so mad when someone messes with his stuff.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Detective Thompson posted:

Goon band Cult of Endtime has their album up for preorder. Being a dork, I went ahead and got me the vinyl. Pretty excited to hear the whole thing. The post is like two down, below the promo picture.

Oh hey Euros to Dollars is almost 1:1, guess I'll jump on this. Was thinking I was going to pay $40 or $50 on this but it's like $27 for the splatter version shipping included.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

anticake posted:

Oh hey Euros to Dollars is almost 1:1, guess I'll jump on this. Was thinking I was going to pay $40 or $50 on this but it's like $27 for the splatter version shipping included.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, was pleased that it was actually decently priced to get it over here.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Does Satan really need a pentagram on his trident? Yeah, we get it, you're Satan, you're evil. I mean, he's stabbing a flayed Jesus in the back and all. The pentagram is really just extraneous information.

Brand synergy is very important in today's web 2.0 social media world.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Non Serviam posted:

I'm OK with text in the back, like tour dates, etc., but I hate it when they're just rude things.
I don't care about curse words in my daily life, but I rather not walk around with JESUS IS A oval office written on my back, like an edgy annoying teen.

I had a local metal band's shirt for a while and it said "Long Island loving Metal" or something like that on the back. Why bother having a band shirt that literally can't be worn anywhere but a show?

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Hulk Krogan posted:

The new Sulphur Aeon album is some pretty rad atmospheric death metal.

https://sulphuraeon-vanrecords.bandcamp.com/

Thanks, this is pretty good.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

I just pre-ordered the CD. Those are some good tunes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Which one is the goon? Also this is v. good.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Sweet Jafar fretboard inlay.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
so on the topic of things that rule and are cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyutTOfguw8

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Requesting new but still Ghost related thread title.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I've been wondering, is the whole animosity towards Ghost just a sort of sarcastic-hate-thing? I personally like them myself, so I mean I might get stoned for asking, but I still would like to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
My guess is that we're all tired as gently caress of hearing about them in the metal thread