Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jelly Omelettle posted:

I just finished chapter 17 of Kid Icarus Uprising. Man, I wish Pyrrhon was in this game more, in the few chapters he was in he quickly become my favorite character. So far this game seems to really enjoy its one off character. Like, I figured Magnus would have showed up more then once so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if Poseidon never showed up again.
Please Play Chapter 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

I could never get it working right, either it was lagged to poo poo or the sound was behind the video by about 1/3 of a second. Doesn't sound like much but it was chalkboard-screech levels of aggravating

The sound delay is a known bug where a cpu core pegged to 100% will de synch the audio and gpu but they haven't fixed it for a long time.

https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=7955&q=Sync most efficient has a 200ms known delay

But here's your issue: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=7143&q=100%25

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jelly Omelettle posted:

I just finished chapter 17 of Kid Icarus Uprising. Man, I wish Pyrrhon was in this game more, in the few chapters he was in he quickly become my favorite character. So far this game seems to really enjoy its one off character. Like, I figured Magnus would have showed up more then once so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if Poseidon never showed up again.

The only true flaw of Uprising is that it's all over too quickly

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A Big... Dog posted:

gently caress dolphin.

xenoblade in bed, motherfuckers

This was my factor. Yea Dolphin would be probably 'better' but I can take xenoblade wherever I go and that's great.

I mean, I respect that others AREN'T crippling manbaby dorks, so more power to you, Dolphin peeps.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
For those that have played Xenoblade 3D, how is the 3D effect? Does it help smooth out any graphical complaints from screenshots?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Could we get way deeper into the theft of games? What's everyone's favorite way to steal a 3ds at toys r us?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

My favorite way to steal is to buy an actual disc copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for the Nintendo Wii Entertainment system but then to also downloaded a l i n u x ISO to play it in True High Definition Quality

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I don't think most of the people who are talking about dolphin do that first step.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jelly Omelettle posted:

Same, although I miss Pandora. :smith:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

flyboi posted:

The sound delay is a known bug where a cpu core pegged to 100% will de synch the audio and gpu but they haven't fixed it for a long time.

https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=7955&q=Sync most efficient has a 200ms known delay

But here's your issue: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=7143&q=100%25

Well at least I'm not the only crazy one then. Thanks

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Please Play Chapter 18.

Well, I wasn't expecting to play as Magnus right after posting that.

Looper posted:

The only true flaw of Uprising is that it's all over too quickly
I haven't even beat the game yet but :agreed:

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
there's a super spring sale on the eshop

oh, it's like 5 games on sale

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Jelly Omelettle posted:

Well, I wasn't expecting to play as Magnus right after posting that.

I haven't even beat the game yet but :agreed:

Uprising is the best game on 3DS

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

majormonotone posted:

Uprising is the best game on 3DS

I've only played 2 stages and I would have to agree.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I decided to make a soft case/sleeve for my New 3DS. I recycled an old canvas pack for the outer material, and modeled it after a kindle sleeve I got off Etsy some years back. I wish I'd made it a quarter inch or so larger in both dimensions, and my stitching is far from perfect, but I'm pretty pleased.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I decided to make a soft case/sleeve for my New 3DS. I recycled an old canvas pack for the outer material, and modeled it after a kindle sleeve I got off Etsy some years back. I wish I'd made it a quarter inch or so larger in both dimensions, and my stitching is far from perfect, but I'm pretty pleased.

That looks real nice. I kind of want to get a case of some sort for my 3DS so it doesn't get hosed up, but then it may not fit in my Jnco's

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

this looks nice but i also kinda wanna stick my dick in it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

noirstronaut posted:

I was thinking something similar.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

noirstronaut posted:

:yikes:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

Got ya covered:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ragequit posted:

Got ya covered:

Is there a smaller one

e: Oh I'll just use the timg version

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is there a normal place to read about the 3DS?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hadji murad posted:

woah look at this fucker over here

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hadji murad posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

hadji murad posted:

this thread is pretty good

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

hadji murad posted:

In a few hours this will probably be the place to talk about Xenoblade. Does that help?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ragequit posted:

In a few hours this will probably be the place to talk about Xenoblade. Does that help?

Fuuuuuuuuck yesssssss

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

planetarial posted:

Edit: ^ $40.

Xenoblade's 3DS themes are out for NA now.

One plays Gaur Plains's Day Theme (the Monado one) and the other plays the Main Theme (the Mechonis). Sadly they only play the first minute of the Main Theme for the Mechonis one. I got both.

Also there's a spring sale and among other things Kirby Triple Deluxe is $10 off.

The Gaur Plains one is only for those who get the code with the game (pre-order or eShop) :argh:.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Great OP, this thread started out so well.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ragequit posted:

The music in this game is so good. It's just so pleasant.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hadji murad posted:

Great OP, this thread started out so well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

The music in this game is so good. It's just so pleasant.

And then it ramps up into loving awesome :rock:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And then it ramps up into loving awesome :rock:

That first enemy fight when you hit Mechonis is probably the best example of this that isn't just running into a named enemy. Losing that track and going back to the normal battle theme was one of the extremely few letdowns the game offered.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Gaur Plains one is only for those who get the code with the game (pre-order or eShop) :argh:.

I was able to buy it just now :shrug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Suspicious Cook posted:

That first enemy fight when you hit Mechonis is probably the best example of this that isn't just running into a named enemy. Losing that track and going back to the normal battle theme was one of the extremely few letdowns the game offered.

Agreed. Just listening to it in vacuum without context makes it sound like some epic boss fight theme, but nope just standard encounter track.

Regy Rusty posted:

I was able to buy it just now :shrug:

Must only be on the US theme shop then, because it's not on the aussie one (just checked). Guess it'll come out here whenever the theme shop updates.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Tyma posted:

Outside of the little omake things on the main menu, the only noticable differences are :

The option for Japanese voices is gone
The option to toggle subtitles is gone (they're permanantly on)
The UI is different, because things which used to be arranged around the edges of the screen are now all moved to the bottom screen

Who the gently caress would turn off the English voices anyway :psyduck:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ciaphas posted:

Who the gently caress would turn off the English voices anyway :psyduck:

Someone who speaks Japanese or wants to get better?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Pff look at you being all reasonable t:mad:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Wot a bunch of jokers. :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

It has been my dream to interrupt every person I meet in Japan by screaming "It's REYN TIME" in their native tongue.