Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

neat they released more music. i think i ruined the first album by over listening and wasn't impressed with the second.

hoping this one is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

thank u hodlum

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

He's just looking out for you. :shobon:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
some hoodlum he is! i bet he doesnt do drugs or rob people either

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is that kurt cobain

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

so is your hobby just dredging up the most obscure games possible?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

so is your hobby just dredging up the most obscure games possible?

It's a cyberpunk SRPG and that sounded cool, so I ordered a copy. That's it.

zen death robot posted:

he also does the cabellas games

Those kick rear end, though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

It's a cyberpunk SRPG and that sounded cool, so I ordered a copy. That's it.
It's too drat obscure you hipster poo poo! Go listen to some early Flaming Lips albums, gently caress!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bloodychill posted:

The truth is that some japanese idolize America the way weebs idolize them. It's why Disney is a big deal over there and why Tetsuya Nomura can only get hard anymore when he hears Goofy's voice

it's also why I was able to "live" in tokyo for over a year just couch/bed surfing. If I ever needed anything all I had to do was walk around shinjuku at night in my leather jacket and inevitably someone would insist I drink with them. bada bing, bada boom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's too drat obscure you hipster poo poo! Go listen to some early Flaming Lips albums, gently caress!
The Software Bulletin

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cloud Tastes Metallic

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

I have a general stupid question: I bought Xenoblade Chronicles as a preorder waaaaay back when it was first announced. Between that time, I modded my wii and eventually ended up playing it via my harddrive. So the copy arrived, and I have never opened the envelope sent by Nintendo.

Now, I'm not typically the collecting for profit type, but this just sort of became a situation where I have this thing that's probably never actually seen sunlight and I wonder if I should just put it in a drawer and wait 30 years to impress crazy people, or if I should just get it graded or something now. What should I do with this? Is it being in the unopened envelope worth keeping it that way? I understand the grading process is...not entirely consistent, and I don't want to ruin the opportunity to keep the thing in an idiotically new condition if the grading authorities are discredited in five years or something.

This is more of a shits-and-giggles situation; I don't genuinely think I'm paying for my kid's college fund in 20 years. I just kinda want to keep it in 100% condition simply because I'm already there.

Comedy option: they accidentally sent me the wrong game and I won't find out until I'm 50, at which point SonyTendoSoft wouldn't care anyway.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
they're making Lego Skylanders, which claims it will have continued support for "years to come"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pablo Gigante posted:

Cloud Tastes Metallic

F.E.A.R. It Is
Ah! My Gawdess
Telepathic Surgeon Simulator
Driver: Priest and Ambulance
Crit to Death in Fujin''s Head
Transmissions From LEGO Batman's Heart
Zaireekavania

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

hubris.height posted:

neat they released more music. i think i ruined the first album by over listening and wasn't impressed with the second.

hoping this one is good.

love death immortality... is an insanely good album

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

THE PENETRATOR posted:

love death immortality... is an insanely good album

its good. idk it just didn't impress me as much as the first, maybe because the first was just different from everything i'd heard at the time?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

if you dont enjoy cabelas games what are you, some kind of democrat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qb4BjzyoDM

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh my God what an insane day of work. I really wish DK64 were out today because I need something relaxing. I'd be tempted to find my Mario Sunshine disc if I hadn't done it too recently.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

oh my God what an insane day of work. I really wish DK64 were out today because I need something relaxing. I'd be tempted to find my Mario Sunshine disc if I hadn't done it too recently.
Mario Galaxy. Or 3-D World.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I should buy 3D world. I played through Galaxy p. recently, but maybe I'll just play the relaxing music from Rosalina's spaceship.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I should buy 3D world. I played through Galaxy p. recently, but maybe I'll just play the relaxing music from Rosalina's spaceship.
Buy 3-D World.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
On playing Pillars of Eternity and looking through steam. I can only surmise that I have time travelled back to 1990. Back when games were allowed to look like poo poo, have nonsensical writing, and gameplay never went through testing.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
edgy

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Joke's on you, you can't troll me.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Drunk me going through the steam Queue: "Hell yeah I'll add Fallout tactics to my wishlist, at least it has an excuse to look like poo poo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nasgate posted:

On playing Pillars of Eternity and looking through steam. I can only surmise that I have time travelled back to 1990. Back when games were allowed to look like poo poo, have nonsensical writing, and gameplay never went through testing.

Good. gaming was better back then.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Good. gaming was better back then.

Ah yes, gaming was better when it looked like poo poo, controlled like a boat on land, and the story was written by your average 4chan user. lol.

Like seriously, bethesda has better writing than pillars, and it looks like a PS1 game. I grew up on that generation, so i can still enjoy it, but jesus christ what happened to having standards?

Edit, actually that's unfair to the PlayStation. Most of the graphics in Pillars besides the character models are worse looking than 8bit games. Why are you suggesting more isometric games to me steam? Why are you even allowing people to publish games that look 10+years old when they're brand new?

Nasgate fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 10, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nasgate posted:

Ah yes, gaming was better when it looked like poo poo, controlled like a boat on land, and the story was written by your average 4chan user. lol.

Like seriously, bethesda has better writing than pillars, and it looks like a PS1 game. I grew up on that generation, so i can still enjoy it, but jesus christ what happened to having standards?

Edit, actually that's unfair to the PlayStation. Most of the graphics in Pillars besides the character models are worse looking than 8bit games. Why are you suggesting more isometric games to me steam? Why are you even allowing people to publish games that look 10+years old when they're brand new?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

bioware games are literally written by 4chan users

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

F.E.A.R. It Is
Ah! My Gawdess
Telepathic Surgeon Simulator
Driver: Priest and Ambulance
Crit to Death in Fujin''s Head
Transmissions From LEGO Batman's Heart
Zaireekavania

A+

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

bioware games are literally written by 4chan users
I thought that it was Gearbox games.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Accordion Man posted:

I thought that it was Gearbox games.

Those are by reddit.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Nasgate posted:

:lol: gently caress off

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Nasgate posted:

D-

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Realtalk though, why are 90s style isometric games coming back? Anyone have a clue?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

E3 is 69 days away.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

zen death robot posted:

you have to try harder than that to get someone to buy you a title, just so you know

Well yeah, you have to have to have weird hosed up opinions, or be funny to get someone to buy you a title. My posts aren't that funny, and my thoughts are moreso what everyone thinks but doesn't admit to thinking than hosed up poo poo like Taint thinking the Gamecube was a bad console.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nasgate posted:

Well yeah, you have to have to have weird hosed up opinions, or be funny to get someone to buy you a title. My posts aren't that funny, and my thoughts are moreso what everyone thinks but doesn't admit to thinking than hosed up poo poo like Taint thinking the Gamecube was a bad console.

nah its shitposting but not in the good and funny way, or even the adorable stux way

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mabels big day posted:

E3 is 69 days away.

Nice. I hope they announce a new Elder Scroll. Also, kudos on the weed number ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh its white noise posting

thats what it is

• Locked thread