Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Done! Ordered! Seamless! My friends are having issues though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

CaptainCaveman posted:

Yeah, site is still down, but order went through on the Apple Store app. Interesting that shipping already shows "4/24 - 5/8."

Yeah I also noticed that there is a 4-6 week ship time on the space gray link bracelet. That's a bummer. The Apple Store app was soooo much smoother this launch though, holy poo poo. The last two iPhone launches were chaos on the site.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Yeah black leather loop was 4 - 6 weeks too. Sucks my green sport strap will probably arrive before the watch itself :(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

App worked perfectly. The email says it won't be delivered for 4-6 weeks but that doesn't seem accurate.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

MarcusSA posted:

App worked perfectly. The email says it won't be delivered for 4-6 weeks but that doesn't seem accurate.

Because you wish it to not be accurate?

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
gently caress, the apple store app already says May 13 - May 27. All because I can't use my Apple Gift cards to pay in the Apple Store app

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 10, 2015

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Mine is April 24th-8th for the big black sports

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 10, 2015

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
The app opened up for me at 3:02am Est I picked the 42 SS Link and hit apple pay before 3:03 and it still says,

4-6 weeks May 13-27

gohmak fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 10, 2015

Karki
Feb 3, 2006

Who needs pussy?
Surprising number of shipping dates already slipping, including the one I got. Glad I woke up.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I just hope the "order through the iPhone app" thing doesn't get out or remembered by the masses. It's also worked like this for the last iPad and iPhone launches.

If I was a betting man I'd wager that the majority of these orders will still be delivered on launch day, not May 8th.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
store.apple.com is back up and running, got mine with estimated delivery of May 13 - 27 for the 42mm Space Gray Sport.

It might be because I slept like poo poo last night and stayed up late tonight, but I'm kinda upset that the launch time difference between the Website and the Store App, and the app not taking gift cards as payment, got my ship time bumped back. First world problems huh?

Good night.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

gohmak posted:

The app opened up for me at 3:02am Est I picked the 42 SS Link and hit apple pay before 3:03 and it still says,

4-6 weeks May 13-27

Pretty much the same for me with the Space Gray sport one. Oh well.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

gohmak posted:

4-6 weeks May 13-27

Yeah all the link and leather loop bracelets started out at 4-6 weeks. Might move up if stock becomes available sooner than expected.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Hasters posted:

Yeah all the link and leather loop bracelets started out at 4-6 weeks. Might move up if stock becomes available sooner than expected.

The thing that annoys me about this is that the leather loop straps by themselves and the link bracelets by themselves are still showing 2 - 4 weeks shipping on the app. Yet with the watch it's 4 - 6 weeks?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

monkeu posted:

The thing that annoys me about this is that the leather loop straps by themselves and the link bracelets by themselves are still showing 2 - 4 weeks shipping on the app. Yet with the watch it's 4 - 6 weeks?

It's counterintuitive, but it make sense because they're not putting the bands and watches together on demand. So they basically had to guess what would be popular and what wouldn't out of the thousands of possible combinations. It's like the flu vaccine of technology.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Hasters posted:

It's counterintuitive, but it make sense because they're not putting the bands and watches together on demand. So they basically had to guess what would be popular and what wouldn't out of the thousands of possible combinations. It's like the flu vaccine of technology.

It's dumb. If they're sitting on enough leather loops that they can ship them out in 2 weeks then why is the actual Watch with leather loop I ordered the minute the store came up not shipping for at least a 2 weeks after that? Dumb.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Started ordering with a 4/24-5/8 estimate, confirmation was already at 5/12-5/18 or something. Oh well. Whatever, it's only one month.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Chances are that the shipping estimates are being conservative and will update over time. I find it very unlikely that launch day orders are already packed up in boxes with their straps. Two weeks is a long time from an operational perspective to be able to do these things dynamically.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Canadian apple store showing June delivery dates on black 42mm sport. Looks like an early hit product.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Haha showing June for that in Australia too. Nice!

XRoja
Jan 8, 2002
Grimey Drawer

shadow puppet of a posted:

Canadian apple store showing June delivery dates on black 42mm sport. Looks like an early hit product.

poo poo, I ordered that too. I'm seeing a lot of people order black 42 sport. Not helping shipping times but I'm hopeful. My 6s was in the same boat but came on launch day.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Ordered the black sport 1 minute after the app came back

4-6 weeks (UK)

Didn't get a confirmation email even

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Yeah black 42 is God watch

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
I also got my wife's 38 pink sport through at 3:06am and it says the same may 13 date. At least my black 42 sports band will get here april 29-may 12

gohmak fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 10, 2015

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Holy moly. I'm on the east coast so I woke up at 3:30 figuring there was no way these would sell out immediately and the black sport is saying "June". That's crazy...

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Vinlaen posted:

Holy moly. I'm on the east coast so I woke up at 3:30 figuring there was no way these would sell out immediately and the black sport is saying "June". That's crazy...

Because we're all cheap (at least for a gen 1 Apple product) and we all want a watch band that might be wearable in situations where the neon colors might be a bit too garish. Plus Space Grey is awesome.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Yeah it's the only non expensive one that looks cool

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The most expensive Edition edition is sold out through August.

And I like how the apple store is perfectly ok with adding 999 $22,000 watches to your cart but makes you hold off only because of the current 2-watch limit at launch. I want someone out there to force that transaction through an Amex Centurion and set off a wailing klaxon in the Shenzen gold smeltery.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Just fiddled with the demo unit in the Berlin store and there's a timer function, it's one of the complications on the faces. Awesome and easy to set up. 42 doesn't seem that big compared to my Timex Weekender but I'll still stick with the 38 mm version.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

Its a fad that'll burn itself out? That's what I think.

This is the first I'm hearing of this...

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Feeling pretty smug waking up at 8AM here and preordering. Now I just have to wait until July when I am back in the states so I can pickup the drat thing.

milkaxor
Mar 5, 2003

I choose you!
I ended up going with the 42 SS with black classic buckle, white sports band, and brown leather loop. Should all be here launch day. Interested to hear preorder numbers.

Gonna check out an Apple Store this weekend to see it in person, and to play with the new MacBook keyboard.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ha, guess the idea of waiting to try it on before ordering isn't going to work out so well for people. Unless they want to wait until summer for their watch.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Woke up at 2:55, refreshed the store app a few times, got in and bought a 42mm Silver Sport with a White band. My next goal is to try and expense it through work with our health benefits. If Fitbits and Microsoft Bands count, why not the Apple Watch? :getin:

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Karki posted:

Just got Apple Watch with the black sports band on the Apple Store app. Being logged in and Apple Pay made that fast as hell.

Edit: Somehow still have a shipping estimate of 4/24 - 5/8.

Same here. Space grey sport with black band. I think from the time the store refreshed to using Apple Pay to pay for it, took me less than 10 seconds. Got the same shipping estimates as you as well. Hoping to get it on 4/24.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

This thing is supposed to be released at the end of April, right? I find it pretty ridiculous to think that if you preorder one today, you won't get the product until over a month after it comes out. Is Apple really not going to allow people to just walk in and buy one? No camp out lines? If I decide to get one I would much rather take my chances trying to snag one in a store and walk out with a watch on my wrist than wait around for the mail to come.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I waited a few minutes trying to decide between a sport and SS, ordered at 3:05AM and got the 4-6 week estimate.

Im a fail.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

This thing is supposed to be released at the end of April, right? I find it pretty ridiculous to think that if you preorder one today, you won't get the product until over a month after it comes out. Is Apple really not going to allow people to just walk in and buy one? No camp out lines? If I decide to get one I would much rather take my chances trying to snag one in a store and walk out with a watch on my wrist than wait around for the mail to come.

With all the possible combinations? Seems unlikely as it'd be a nightmare for them to communicate to grumpy waiting customers what they received the previous day. Best case is they might use the same model they did some years ago with the iPhone and push received stock up to the store website and you could buy the night before and pick up the next day.

Jealous Cow posted:

I waited a few minutes trying to decide between a sport and SS, ordered at 3:05AM and got the 4-6 week estimate.

Yeah, the store kept messing up my shipping address so had to try 3 or 4 versions of it and boom, mid-late May.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I buckled and ordered. June here I come haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I ordered the 38mm Space Gray Sport, but was unlucky and got the June shipping estimate. Hopefully that's just an overestimation. Seems ridiculous to have to wait that long.

• Locked thread