Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Can someone explain to me why does everyone love The Shining? Do most HERO deck remove enough cards from the game for it to be worth it?

Miracle Fusion is used to summon it. Then, when The Shining gets sent to the graveyard, you can retrieve those 2 materials, allowing for more opportunities. As well, it's a 3200 beater who pays off his own cost, so why not?

Slur fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Onmi posted:

Well, no Xyz because, well Fusion only, but otherwise yeah Heroes have gotten a lot of synergy once we stopped caring about all the ones they produced then and sticking to the manga only.

It turns out that if you don't have Jaden's miraculous luck, his deck is kind of bad. Who would have thought?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I did some improvements to the deck based on the critique of "not enough Bubbleman", not entirely sure if it is better now but I sure as hell hope so. Also I've started on the side deck but my god I have no idea what I'm meant to do with a side deck.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I did some improvements to the deck based on the critique of "not enough Bubbleman", not entirely sure if it is better now but I sure as hell hope so. Also I've started on the side deck but my god I have no idea what I'm meant to do with a side deck.

Think of your side deck like your counter deck, 15 cards for you to trade into when you say... run into Xyzs or the like. Since duels are fought in matches, the Side Decks purpose is after the first duel, to let you adjust for the second battle. So you should focus on putting counter cards in there.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

-1 Goblindbergh
-2 Summoner Monk
-1 Call of the Haunted
-1 Polymerization

+1 Solemn Warning
+1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
+1 Elemental HERO Bubbleman
+2 Fiendish Chain

There's more than just those problems with the deck, but I can't come up with them right away.

Slur fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 11, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So have we decided a date and time for the fusion tournament?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

everythingWasBees posted:

So have we decided a date and time for the fusion tournament?

Not today, but how would 4-5 days from now work for people. That's the 15th/16th of the month.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm free after 7pm CST both those days, and free pretty much anytime that weekend too.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I've switched over to the YGO Pro/DevPro side of the game, but I saw the best sight yesterday in Walmart.

A bunch of goony-looking teens, tweens, and young adults crowded around the entrance to Walmart to open the packs that they'd bought. I think they all chipped in to buy out every pack that Walmart had of some set. It was both nerdy as gently caress and awesome.

Reminded me of my high school days. :v:

Anyway, did anyone try out the new Premium Gold packs? I'm curious to the pull ratio. I could pick some up and sell the good stuff if it's worth it.

Though, even though I'm not playing the physical game anymore, I'd be keeping any and all Summoner's Art I pulled because that loving card was impossible to get back when I played...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

This was going to be my deck for the tournament.

The goal was to get out Tyrant's Throes and Curse Seal Mystical Space Typhoon to protect it. Suddenly only Pendulum Normals and/or Igknights could get out monsters.

The igknights in the deck are replacing the Tune Warriors and Polymerization I had in my usual build of the deck.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 11, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Senerio posted:

The goal was to get out Tyrant's Throes and Curse Seal Mystical Space Typhoon to protect it. Suddenly only Pendulum Normals and/or Igknights could get out monsters.

The igknights in the deck are replacing the Tune Warriors and Polymerization I had in my usual build of the deck.

Why does that link-oh. ooooh. ooooooooooooh...

well certainly the appropriate song to facing that deck and getting caught.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Senerio posted:

Imperial Custom > Cursed Seal.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Onmi posted:

Why does that link-oh. ooooh. ooooooooooooh...

well certainly the appropriate song to facing that deck and getting caught.

It's the name of my deck. My main Pendulum Normal deck is titled RKO. (Because it's a lot of pendulum monsters outta nowhere you see)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Slur posted:

There's more than just those problems with the deck, but I can't come up with them right away.

I can definitely believe that. I keep fine-tuning them with the suggestions you guys give and somehow I'm losing more and more. This is definitely not going as well as I thought it would, maybe I'm just not heroic enough for this. Anyways, here's how it's currently looking, ignore the side deck entirely.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I can definitely believe that. I keep fine-tuning them with the suggestions you guys give and somehow I'm losing more and more. This is definitely not going as well as I thought it would, maybe I'm just not heroic enough for this. Anyways, here's how it's currently looking, ignore the side deck entirely.

Needs more monsters. I'm thinking of what I'd tech in there, but take out the second copy of Mask Change Second. You have so many fusion cards that they're going to be dead in your hand. You just need seven: 3 miracle fusions, 3 mask changes, and 1 mask change second. The mask charges aren't necessary with how many cards you have to fuse as it stands.

Slur fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 12, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Trying to find deck ideas elsewhere has been kind of frustrating, with a ton of builds being posted but tweaked b/c of budget, or my lack of luck finding fusion-only decks. Most of the fusion archetypes don't have recent builds either, aside from Ritual Beasts (which are cool but annoying) and Fluffals (which I was already using). Anyway, I've had really mixed practice duels with this deck but I'm at least getting the hang of the combos:

I am pretty set on ditching the non-Fluffal monsters in there, only Monk has ever been useful. Didn't like Fluffal Mouse but I'm not sure if Rabbit/Cat are worth trying, also can't tell if Fluffal Crane is even worth running.Also I'm wondering if there are any more generic fusions or non-Fluffal stuff that could be tossed in, or if there's a decent option out there other than Ritual Beasts and HEROs?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm actually not feeling up to the tournament this time, I know we have plenty of subs so I'm sure Synchro team will be in good hands. Feel free to use my degenerate heretical Superheavy deck, after you get rid of all the darkies. :v:

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
That's a shame. However, the Sons of the Dragon are always willing to accept new allies in this battle.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

DDDs can move aside, because Zefra are the new cool thing in town which can perform any kind of summon imaginable.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Slur posted:

DDDs can move aside, because Zefra are the new cool thing in town which can perform any kind of summon imaginable.

But are they any good?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

There's a decent amount of hype for them so there's expectations for them at least. Even if they aren't good I bet someone will figure out interesting stuff with them.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

There's no way the zefras aren't all going to be secret rares and cost like 30 bucks apiece, though. Look what happened with the Qlis and the Nekroz.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I've also heard that a bunch of the Nekroz stuff was short printed too. Didn't help that it's tier 0 too.

Speaking of prices, I'm surprised Shaddolls have dropped in price so much. I'm now slowing building them, picking up some whenever I have extra money. I was almost about to pick up a core + extra deck for <100 Euro a few weeks ago. Big difference from when a single construct would set you back $40-50.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kay Kessler posted:

There's no way the zefras aren't all going to be secret rares and cost like 30 bucks apiece, though. Look what happened with the Qlis and the Nekroz.

I can't wait to see what is the next card to be 150 bucks the piece :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Burning Abyss fusion

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cabinet posted:

There's a decent amount of hype for them so there's expectations for them at least. Even if they aren't good I bet someone will figure out interesting stuff with them.

They're extremely hard to make a viable deck for, but they still end out better than DDDs by virtue of having reliable monsters, and a lot of flexibility in deck-making. As well, it has its own Infernity Barrier.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

There's always a good possibility that Konami will push out new support that will make them actually good, like Madolche or Bujin even.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I always seem to be stuck with http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Edge_Imp_Tomahawk in my hand at the worst possible times. Should I add some cars to make it work, or should I just dump it? Its effect is nice, but I typically need fusion cards, not Edge Imps.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cabinet posted:

There's always a good possibility that Konami will push out new support that will make them actually good, like Madolche or Bujin even.

It's a show archetype, of course it's going to get more support.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Asuka's Dancers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just watched the new episode as it aired. Yuya might've just set a franchise record for protagonist to get his rear end kicked most severely. Wow.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VJeff posted:

Just watched the new episode as it aired. Yuya might've just set a franchise record for protagonist to get his rear end kicked most severely. Wow.

I'm glad. I haven't watched the ep but Yuya really was due for a loss, and a definitive one at that. I was thinking Yuya was going to lose anyway since he wasn't smiling at all last episode and was dueling mainly for revenge, so it'd be thematically inappropriate if he won the duel the one time he's not actually aiming to make someone smile. I imagine that's what Yoko's going to teach him next episode.

Edit: Also, apparently the next episode is titled "Revive! The Legendary Motorcycle Gang Boss". So Yoko is going to be the coolest character.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 12, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

Asuka's Dancers

It's a show archetype of the Kaiba character, of course it's going to get more support.

fixed my post.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 12, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Manjoume's everything until years later

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

Manjoume's everything until years later

They've gotten real good at adding in support from the show in Zexal.
So I'm more than optimistic.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Apr 12, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So there are two new Covenant Traps, which are apparently Gamebreaking but will never carry those effects if they get made, and a Rank-8 for COO and CEO. And a new fusion with Abyss Ragnarok as the base. So time to see where this goes.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Ah, I haven't gotten that far in Arc-V yet. I thought they were just a card game thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Edit: Also, apparently the next episode is titled "Revive! The Legendary Motorcycle Gang Boss". So Yoko is going to be the coolest character.

This is the best kind of backstory for Yoko there could've possibly been.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Onmi posted:

So there are two new Covenant Traps, which are apparently Gamebreaking but will never carry those effects if they get made, and a Rank-8 for COO and CEO. And a new fusion with Abyss Ragnarok as the base. So time to see where this goes.

I dunno, the traps didn't seem that great to me, especially not the second one, which is almost useless without the first. The Rank 8's second effect is so laughably specific I'd be surprised if it sees use, but the others are pretty nice; dunno if it's worth overlaying two level 8s for, though. As for the fusion, if it doesn't have any other effects apart from the one shown in the episode, than it's never going to be worth using the specific, named materials.

But I love my D/D/Ds and they got plenty of support and love already, so I really cannot complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm glad. I haven't watched the ep but Yuya really was due for a loss, and a definitive one at that. I was thinking Yuya was going to lose anyway since he wasn't smiling at all last episode and was dueling mainly for revenge, so it'd be thematically inappropriate if he won the duel the one time he's not actually aiming to make someone smile. I imagine that's what Yoko's going to teach him next episode.

Here's to Reiji Akaba: Mary Sue Extraordinaire.