Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
I have a business that I haven't incorporated. I'd like to incorporate for 2015, but do I need to incorporate ASAP to make the rest of the year's income count as "incorporated business" income? or does all of my 2015 income count for my business regardless, as long as I incorporate this tax year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.

Tyro posted:

Kaishek -

This resource should help you, even though you may not be a government employee. http://www.afsa.org/taxguide

Awesome resource!

quote:

There are many criteria used in determining which state is a citizen’s domicile. One of the strongest determinants is prolonged physical presence, a standard that Foreign Service personnel frequently cannot meet because of overseas service requirements. In such cases, the states will make a determination of the individual’s income-tax status based on other factors, including where the individual has family ties, has been filing resident tax returns, is registered to vote, has a driver’s license, owns property, or where the person has bank accounts or other financial holdings. In the case of Foreign Service employees, the domicile might be the state from which the person joined the Service, where his or her home leave address is, or where he or she intends to return upon separation.

If I legitimately intend to return home to Texas, will move out of my rental property in DC (and own no property in DC), sell my DC-registered car, adopt the mailing address of my parents in TX and use that address for home leave, will register to vote in Texas, and have family ties in TX (both mine and my wife's), have my checking accounts based in TX...but have a DC drivers license (that I could theoretically switch to a TX license before I move), have voted and paid taxes in DC for the past ~7 years, and will have a storage unit full of whatever stuff we leave behind in DC (although I could possibly avoid having the storage unit here by moving everything with me)...could I make the case that I have switched my domicile to Texas right before moving?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
You could make the case and those are some compelling points. I'm far from an expert, and I don't think DC is as bad about chasing people down as VA is. If it was me, I would probably switch the driver's license, and send a certified letter to whatever local DC office handles taxation informing them of your intent to switch your domicile to TX as of XYZ date (and save a copy). But I don't know where the bar is as far as what needs to be done, it's a gray area.

seymore
Jan 9, 2012

scribe jones posted:

Pretty much!

Yes indeed.

seymore
Jan 9, 2012

All things being equal go ahead and form your business now.

Blinky2099
May 27, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: nevermind, figured out an answer to this.

Blinky2099 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 9, 2015

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.

Tyro posted:

You could make the case and those are some compelling points. I'm far from an expert, and I don't think DC is as bad about chasing people down as VA is. If it was me, I would probably switch the driver's license, and send a certified letter to whatever local DC office handles taxation informing them of your intent to switch your domicile to TX as of XYZ date (and save a copy). But I don't know where the bar is as far as what needs to be done, it's a gray area.

I am always glad I don't live in VA. But the certified letter is a good idea. Thanks! I think we're going to try to avoid the storage unit left behind, so we will have literally nothing physically tying us to the District.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
The company I work for was acquired this year. I owned about 2,000 shares that I purchased through an ESPP over the last couple years for between $11-18/share - 4 bundles of about 500 shares each. The company was purchased for around $35/share, paid in 48% cash 52% stock in the purchasing company. That's all reflected correctly in my e-trade account.

So as I understand it, that should be all be taxable now, just like if I'd sold the stock myself. I've handled stock sales in previous years, but..

..the 1099 I got from e-trade is really odd. The all bundles of stock purchased in the acquisition, the "cost" column is 0 and the proceeds are too low. For example:

Description: <company name>
Quantity sold: 428
Date Sold: <date of merger>
Cost: $0.00 (what??)
Proceeds: $6,479.92
Gain: $6,479.92
Additional Information: merger

The sale was at around $35, so I'd expect the proceeds to be around 35x428=14980. The gain actually looks correct, because I paid about $7500 for these shares (my max ESPP contribution). Each line item that represents some bundle of stock transferred due to the merger looks the same way - small proceeds, 0 cost, normal looking gain. Is that a normal merger thing?

When I starting putting all this stuff in to turbotax, it squawked at the 0 cost - I didn't want to gently caress it up so I went with a professional tax guy for the first time ever. This dude somehow came up with a cost basis of like 10k for each bundle (keep in mind I paid around $7500 for each) of merger-transferred shares, showing an overall capital gains LOSS. This is the only stock activity I have this year - stuff I bought for an average of $15 and had purchased from me at $35 - there's no way I have a loss. After some email back and forth, he "re-did the calculations" and came up with a gain of 6k. Still seems way off. I'm getting really close to telling the tax guy to go pound sand (he's also taken forever to get this far) but I'm not sure if I can prepare this myself.

help me taxgoons :ohdear:

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Mexican Radio posted:

The company I work for was acquired this year. I owned about 2,000 shares that I purchased through an ESPP over the last couple years for between $11-18/share - 4 bundles of about 500 shares each. The company was purchased for around $35/share, paid in 48% cash 52% stock in the purchasing company. That's all reflected correctly in my e-trade account.

So as I understand it, that should be all be taxable now, just like if I'd sold the stock myself. I've handled stock sales in previous years, but..

..the 1099 I got from e-trade is really odd. The all bundles of stock purchased in the acquisition, the "cost" column is 0 and the proceeds are too low. For example:

Description: <company name>
Quantity sold: 428
Date Sold: <date of merger>
Cost: $0.00 (what??)
Proceeds: $6,479.92
Gain: $6,479.92
Additional Information: merger

The sale was at around $35, so I'd expect the proceeds to be around 35x428=14980. The gain actually looks correct, because I paid about $7500 for these shares (my max ESPP contribution). Each line item that represents some bundle of stock transferred due to the merger looks the same way - small proceeds, 0 cost, normal looking gain. Is that a normal merger thing?

When I starting putting all this stuff in to turbotax, it squawked at the 0 cost - I didn't want to gently caress it up so I went with a professional tax guy for the first time ever. This dude somehow came up with a cost basis of like 10k for each bundle (keep in mind I paid around $7500 for each) of merger-transferred shares, showing an overall capital gains LOSS. This is the only stock activity I have this year - stuff I bought for an average of $15 and had purchased from me at $35 - there's no way I have a loss. After some email back and forth, he "re-did the calculations" and came up with a gain of 6k. Still seems way off. I'm getting really close to telling the tax guy to go pound sand (he's also taken forever to get this far) but I'm not sure if I can prepare this myself.

help me taxgoons :ohdear:
I'm not the right guy for the final answer, but I think you use your own basis figures. This is really common with ESPP custodians - not reporting proper basis. Can you prove your basis for each lot? Use that.

And wait for a taxgoon, too.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

ThirdPartyView posted:

We would need to know more details to figure out what's going on here, since if you only had wages for 2 weeks of work in NYS and aren't a NYS resident, you wouldn't have to apportion more than those 2 weeks worth of wages.

Epi Lepi posted:

Make sure you're filling out your part year resident information correctly on whatever tax software you're using.

Alternatively, NYS hates you, me and everyone else. God bless my great state!

scribe jones posted:

Did you get a W-2? If so, whoever issued it probably just put the entire amount of your wages in the NY state income box, rather than actually filling it out correctly. You'll have to calculate your actual NYS income and report that amount instead.

I did not earn any wages in NYS, but they consider me a resident despite living overseas. I own one piece of rental property there, which makes for a small portion of my US-based income (most was in stock market capital gains). I have not lived in NYS for almost 3 years.

I have family in Florida; should I established "residency" there so I only have to pay NYS taxes on the rental income in the future? This is absurd.

Also: My 2013 Federal tax liability was $0 but in 2014 it is $xxxx and I did not make any estimated payments. My reading indicates that I am not liable for any penalties or interest in this case, but for 2015 I should make estimated payments of $xxxx to cover me no matter what. Is this accurate?

edit: According to this: http://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/pit_definitions.htm I am NOT a NYS resident and should only be liable for rental income taxes. Can anyone please confirm or deny this?

sleepy gary fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 9, 2015

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008
NYS requires the full amount of money you earned in the year be reported in the NYS amount box, even if that is incorrect.

You can just report the correct figures and they will accept it.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if this qualifies as a tax question but I figure it's worth asking here first before another thread.

Married, filing jointly, total income in the 80k range.

I am selling some mutual funds that I've held since early 2012 in a normal brokerage account, two funds totaling 11k value presently. The shares were purchased in one fell swoop, so it wouldn't matter if I used FIFO. I want to sell them all - high expense ratio from bad financial advisor advice at the time. They're going to go into Vanguard 2040 funds.

I have records of their purchase price and dates.

What cost basis option should I use to keep my taxable income low? Average, FIFO, or SpecID? To be honest, I don't see a direct benefit given that they're all one purchase batch from one date.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

If they were all purchased at the same price and your selling them all at the same price, any one of those 3 cost methods would result in the same taxable gains

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's some gains on them, enough that I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly.

I guess that - and I'm just making sure here - that since there's only one purchase on each fund, it's going to be the same gain no matter what, right?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Think all the actual tax goons are busy doing people's taxes this week.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did some further digging. Since it was purchased once and only once there's no real differentiation in cost basis (bases?) as far as I can tell, so FIFO it is.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

MJP posted:

Did some further digging. Since it was purchased once and only once there's no real differentiation in cost basis (bases?) as far as I can tell, so FIFO it is.

Basis, and correct.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
This is very small potatoes but I wanted to ask anyway.

I'm dumb and sent out my taxes without signing them. Didn't realize it until the Feds sent it back, saying they weren't signed. Oh well, I figured, can't be helped now, I'll wait for the states (I worked in MA, live in RI) to get back to me. But then my check for RI came for its $14. And I'm still pretty confident I didn't sign it.

Should I contact them to head off any possible problems? I can't imagine that would be a big problem, but you never know with taxes.

AbbiTheDog
May 21, 2007

smackfu posted:

Think all the actual tax goons are busy doing people's taxes this week.

Wouldn't seem to be very reassuring for the advice that is being posted on here.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

AbbiTheDog posted:

Wouldn't seem to be very reassuring for the advice that is being posted on here.

Well, some of us tax goons goof off here in random moments ;). Can't really shed much light on the last couple of questions unfortunately since this is my first year so I'm still at the stage of asking about some of those things myself, my advanced capital gains class is this summer.

Magnetic North posted:

This is very small potatoes but I wanted to ask anyway.

I'm dumb and sent out my taxes without signing them. Didn't realize it until the Feds sent it back, saying they weren't signed. Oh well, I figured, can't be helped now, I'll wait for the states (I worked in MA, live in RI) to get back to me. But then my check for RI came for its $14. And I'm still pretty confident I didn't sign it.

Should I contact them to head off any possible problems? I can't imagine that would be a big problem, but you never know with taxes.

This on the other hand I'm comfortable saying if the states don't complain to you you're fine; it's on them to complain really, and it's entirely possible that it would cost them more to complain about it than $14 anyway, especially if you've lived at that RI address long enough that they know it's yours from other info. If it bothers you too much, you can submit a new signed copy with a note explaining what happened, I'm just concerned it could put you in some kind of "review" status that makes it take longer to get any refund back. Do submit a new federal return pronto if you haven't already of course.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Helping girlfriend do her taxes through Turbo Tax. Get everything in following prompts, she had a few months of freelance expenses but it seems like she falls well under the standard deduction (and doesn't have the records to itemize anyway). We finish up and she owes a fairly significant amount. About 20% of her income for the year came in on 1099s. In past years she claims to have had a similar W2 to 1099 income ratio and still managed to get a sizeable return. Can't seem to find a copy of her 2013 return right now so I can look and see if there was something done drastically different then (maybe she made less freelance income than expected, or maybe her accountant played some games with the deductions). Trying not to get accusatory here, but trying to retrace her steps to find what happened last year vs what happened with filing now. Not filing tonight, trying to find a copy of last year's filing to review, not sure what kind of help we can even get this close to the deadline.

Did her accountant make crazy deductions last year that we're not making now?
Is she misremembering the ratio of freelance to employee income she made last year?

I mean, there really aren't that many things that can go wrong with Turbo Tax copying poo poo from W2's and 1099's and these are pretty much the only two possibilities I can think of for the drastic difference between 2013 and 2014 numbers.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Did she make sizable estimated payments in prior years vs. little to none this year?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ThirdPartyView posted:

Did she make sizable estimated payments in prior years vs. little to none this year?

She definitely made none this year, I don't know about previous years. I don't believe so, but I also think the income was much lower (hence wanting to see last year's return). This is the first year she isn't having everything filed by her dad's accountant, so she doesn't know a lot of the answers to questions I have.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 13, 2015

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
She can always get last year's return and income documents from the IRS website if you want to compare. Did sue change jobs or change her withholding for some reason?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

sullat posted:

She can always get last year's return and income documents from the IRS website if you want to compare. Did sue change jobs or change her withholding for some reason?

We paused the conversation and she is collecting all of this information from previous years and we're reconvening tomorrow so I can figure out what the context for her past returns was. She changed jobs several times, had some withholdings, and used tax credit for health coverage. I'm really just thinking that she made more freelance income without anticipating the tax ramifications and am trying to break it gently.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Nephzinho posted:

Helping girlfriend do her taxes through Turbo Tax. Get everything in following prompts, she had a few months of freelance expenses but it seems like she falls well under the standard deduction (and doesn't have the records to itemize anyway). We finish up and she owes a fairly significant amount. About 20% of her income for the year came in on 1099s. In past years she claims to have had a similar W2 to 1099 income ratio and still managed to get a sizeable return. Can't seem to find a copy of her 2013 return right now so I can look and see if there was something done drastically different then (maybe she made less freelance income than expected, or maybe her accountant played some games with the deductions). Trying not to get accusatory here, but trying to retrace her steps to find what happened last year vs what happened with filing now. Not filing tonight, trying to find a copy of last year's filing to review, not sure what kind of help we can even get this close to the deadline.

Did her accountant make crazy deductions last year that we're not making now?
Is she misremembering the ratio of freelance to employee income she made last year?

I mean, there really aren't that many things that can go wrong with Turbo Tax copying poo poo from W2's and 1099's and these are pretty much the only two possibilities I can think of for the drastic difference between 2013 and 2014 numbers.

Couple things here. First, if she had more W-2 earnings and less 1099 earnings in previous years and that flipped this year, then that is the reason she owes more. W-2's have withholding and aren't subject to Self Employment taxes, which 1099 income generally is.

Second, if her freelance expenses are related to her 1099 income, then those belong on the Schedule C to offset that income. Expenses related to her W-2 income would be included in itemized deductions. If she has difficulty separating what expenses go with what income then go see an actual accountant and work through it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Epi Lepi posted:

Couple things here. First, if she had more W-2 earnings and less 1099 earnings in previous years and that flipped this year, then that is the reason she owes more. W-2's have withholding and aren't subject to Self Employment taxes, which 1099 income generally is.

Second, if her freelance expenses are related to her 1099 income, then those belong on the Schedule C to offset that income. Expenses related to her W-2 income would be included in itemized deductions. If she has difficulty separating what expenses go with what income then go see an actual accountant and work through it.

Looks like there was a flip and a lack of keeping good records on expenses. Thinking the best bet at this point is going to be filing for an extension and hiring an accountant next week - by the time you enter all of this poo poo into Turbo Tax it costs about as much anyway. She dug out last year's return and is bringing it by after work, will see what's up. Was trying to answer questions with 0 context yesterday, if things don't make sense after reviewing last year's numbers will punt it to the professionals.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 13, 2015

Leopold Stotch
Jun 30, 2007
I am over the income limit to contribute directly to a ROTH IRA. In calendar year 2015 I made a non-deductible traditional IRA contribution of $5,500 (the maximum), for calendar year 2014.

The next day, still in 2015, I back-door converted this to a ROTH IRA. In the meantime, the traditional IRA gained about $60 in value.

I understand that I will need to pay tax on this gain, determined at the time of the conversion, but assume that I will report and pay for that on my 2015 tax return? The 2014 tax return will just show a $5,500 non deductible contribution to a traditional IRA. Does this sound right? Thanks.

Leopold Stotch fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 13, 2015

numb
Feb 25, 2003

Nephzinho posted:

We paused the conversation and she is collecting all of this information from previous years and we're reconvening tomorrow so I can figure out what the context for her past returns was. She changed jobs several times, had some withholdings, and used tax credit for health coverage. I'm really just thinking that she made more freelance income without anticipating the tax ramifications and am trying to break it gently.

This could be part of it. The subsidy she received for the health care, she has to pay that back. Me and my Husband were used to huge returns, he got laid off in 2013 and was still unemployed at the beginning of last year, so we got Obamacare and a decent sized subsidy, just finished up our taxes last night (we pretty much finished them a month and a half ago, but being that we had to pay this year, we were in no hurry to file) and due to the subsidy, we ended up owing $2114, even with having a house and all the deductions that come with that.

So my vote goes to that, or at least a huge portion of it is that, for her owing this year.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Got it all figured out last night. She made 7x more freelance income this year than last year, didn't put down her deductions for the freelance on Schedule C and only had taken the Standard Deduction, and used several months of credit for purchasing a plan through the market place. So after looking over last year's return and getting through some stuff it still is a bill, but its not as high as we initially thought, but it makes sense now. Thanks for the help, goons, already have adjusted the budget to pull a few bucks from each freelance payment for next year's payments (or may just file estimated).

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I was doing a teaching program in France starting from October 2014 up until this past March. I opened a BNP Paribas bank account and was paid monthly (about 760 euros after French taxes were taken out) however the only documentation I ever received was a single pay stub dated in November 2014 and it's in French. I'm using TurboTax and I don't really see anywhere to put this information. I'm a poor and made well below 10k last year including the program and my job in the states. I'm not really sure what to do since my contacts in the program have been unresponsive over the last several weeks. :(

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

I was doing a teaching program in France starting from October 2014 up until this past March. I opened a BNP Paribas bank account and was paid monthly (about 760 euros after French taxes were taken out) however the only documentation I ever received was a single pay stub dated in November 2014 and it's in French. I'm using TurboTax and I don't really see anywhere to put this information. I'm a poor and made well below 10k last year including the program and my job in the states. I'm not really sure what to do since my contacts in the program have been unresponsive over the last several weeks. :(

I did the same program and I just didn't file taxes for that year. Of course, I didn't have any US income in that year so I wasn't entitled to any refund. Though now that I think of it, I did have a job the year I came back, and I don't remember what I did then... I'm guessing I didn't declare it.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Florida Betty posted:

I did the same program and I just didn't file taxes for that year. Of course, I didn't have any US income in that year so I wasn't entitled to any refund. Though now that I think of it, I did have a job the year I came back, and I don't remember what I did then... I'm guessing I didn't declare it.

I actually found a section in TurboTax that let me enter foreign earned income without a W-2 but luckily I don't think I was penalized because I'm such a poor.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I sent in my 1040EZ this morning. Unfortunately, I forgot to include a copy of each of my W2s. I only realized this when I was e-filing my state taxes tonight. I included all of the income and withholdings from each of my W2s, all of the information on the 1040EZ is correct. I know that companies send the IRS copies of their employees' W2s. Do I have to send in a copy of my W2s with some sort of form, or is everything going to work itself out?

Bullet points:
Included information from all W2s in 1040EZ
Did not include paper copies of any W2s in envelope with 1040EZ
Entitled to a refund

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I sent in my 1040EZ this morning. Unfortunately, I forgot to include a copy of each of my W2s. I only realized this when I was e-filing my state taxes tonight. I included all of the income and withholdings from each of my W2s, all of the information on the 1040EZ is correct. I know that companies send the IRS copies of their employees' W2s. Do I have to send in a copy of my W2s with some sort of form, or is everything going to work itself out?

Bullet points:
Included information from all W2s in 1040EZ
Did not include paper copies of any W2s in envelope with 1040EZ
Entitled to a refund

The IRS may contact you with a "send us copies of the W-2s" message, just mail/fax them in to wherever they say if so. Otherwise don't stress over it, I would think the IRS won't outright reject a 1040EZ that matches info they themselves already have. In the unlikely event I'm mistaken about that, there's no actual penalty for late filing a return if you don't owe money anyway, so you'll just mail in the whole thing again with your W-2s worst case, they won't penalize you financially (hell, forgetting to attach the W-2 forms is probably only beaten by "forgot to sign return" in mistakes the IRS sees).

EDIT: OK, on reflection I bet "forgot to make a check mark on the line to say you had health insurance all twelve months" will be the most common error this tax season actually.

MadDogMike fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 16, 2015

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

MadDogMike posted:

The IRS may contact you with a "send us copies of the W-2s" message, just mail/fax them in to wherever they say if so. Otherwise don't stress over it, I would think the IRS won't outright reject a 1040EZ that matches info they themselves already have. In the unlikely event I'm mistaken about that, there's no actual penalty for late filing a return if you don't owe money anyway, so you'll just mail in the whole thing again with your W-2s worst case, they won't penalize you financially (hell, forgetting to attach the W-2 forms is probably only beaten by "forgot to sign return" in mistakes the IRS sees).

EDIT: OK, on reflection I bet "forgot to make a check mark on the line to say you had health insurance all twelve months" will be the most common error this tax season actually.

Yeah, only someone that paper files can forget their w2 or forget to sign, but everyone can forget to check the box. Although the tax prep software should prompt you to deal with the health care answers, I would hope. Probably doesn't remind you about your advanced premium tax credits, though.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

sullat posted:

Yeah, only someone that paper files can forget their w2 or forget to sign, but everyone can forget to check the box. Although the tax prep software should prompt you to deal with the health care answers, I would hope. Probably doesn't remind you about your advanced premium tax credits, though.
I can confirm TurboTax harassed me about the healthcare answers. No idea about premium credits, gf didn't qualify and I have good workplace furnished healthcare.

Liam Emsa
Aug 21, 2014

Oh, god. I think I'm falling.
Filed jointly for the first time this year. Filed in February. Got state back almost immediately, federal is still showing as processing. What's going on?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
So my wife and I sold our home in 2014. According to the statement the unpaid property taxes of $1011.32 were paid by us on behalf of the borrower in the closing. However according to the county the entire tax bill was paid by the new owner.

Am I allowed to deduct the $1011.32 on my state income taxes? I'm lost until the county gets back to me.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I just tried contacting the op for services but their thread is locked and no reply.
Any other tax goons want to help me out with taxes?

I am willing to pay for being late and for tender loving care/advice because I am 1099 this year first time.
PM me or I'll be watching this thread.

My boss didn't give me a 1099 until the day before. I filed an extension yesterday although I didn't have any money to pay anything oops.

Construction is a harsh mistress. But I don't want to mess with the feds and get burnt.