Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
keep in mind that Kyrie's answers are mostly wrong because he get his information from an organization that teach people lies about God and are more interested in philosophy and tradition than truth. hth.

edit: also, what is the deal with catholics and politics? So much laffs lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Michael Jackson posted:

keep in mind that Kyrie's answers are mostly wrong because he get his information from an organization that teach people lies about God and are more interested in philosophy and tradition than truth. hth.

edit: also, what is the deal with catholics and politics? So much laffs lol.

You may Truth and Reality mixed up in your phrasing there. they are distinctive and occasionally, depending on the individual, midlly contradictory concepts.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Robotnik Nudes posted:

You may Truth and Reality mixed up in your phrasing there. they are distinctive and occasionally, depending on the individual, midlly contradictory concepts.

sorry, i meant theological truths :negative:

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
If everyone is prone to homosexuality... then hrm.. hrrrmmmerry...

What are the logical implications of this?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone is tempted by internet cat memes, therefore they're sinful

Also hey kyrie, how's life treating you

rudatron fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 13, 2015

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nessus posted:

If the sentiment is so universal then it must be natural.

Now you're probably going to say, 'ah but the temptation to sin is universal' except the thing is that, for most people, they don't seem to actually commit grievous sins that often. In America at least, violent crimes have been trending downwards for decades, masked mostly by increased media coverage of the few that do bust loose. People in reasonably settled circumstances do not seem to commit major sinful acts that often. Nor do they seriously entertain them, unless you're interpreting (say) a fondness for heist movies or police procedurals as a sign of a real genuine desire to go out and do crime.

Like at a certain point this is hard to take seriously. It would be like saying peeing yellow, or farting, is sinful.

Yeah, but this is Jehovah we're talking about : the guy who put the first sin in the form of delicious fruit that humans are biologically programmed to like, put it smack-dab in the middle of Eden, let Satan hang out there because why not, then hid in the bushes waiting for us to eat it so he could jump out and curse us.

He could have just made the forbidden fruit in the form of a loving thistle, or made sodomy feel yucky, but then Jehovah wouldn't be following the Old Testament canon of "God is a total cock to humanity for ever and always, with no discernible motive but malice." Kyrie's interpretation is pretty consistent with Jehovah's general "because gently caress you" attitude.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
i feel that argument is somewhat undercut by the fact that there was a whole garden filled with fruits and stuffz.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
i cant 100% all the trees in this garden? achievement blocked! :negative:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Michael Jackson posted:

i feel that argument is somewhat undercut by the fact that there was a whole garden filled with fruits and stuffz.

Michael Jackson posted:

i cant 100% all the trees in this garden? achievement blocked! :negative:

There's also a whole world full of women but that hasn't stopped me and Kyrie from unlocking the dude-on-dude achievement

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

There's also a whole world full of women but that hasn't stopped me and Kyrie from unlocking the dude-on-dude achievement

wait, kyrie is gay? :psyboom:

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Kyrie eleison posted:

Just gently caress some dudes already.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Michael Jackson posted:

That whole "oh see everyone struggles with unbearable temptation when their amygdala lights up with primal lust at the sight of a hard sexy man-body" thing didn't tip you off?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Michael Jackson posted:

He maintains he is in some sense bisexual, and that everyone has gay urges, despite all indications to the contrary. But also claims not to undertake homosexual conduct.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
Kyrie, i have advice for you. You could take Zoloft like i do, not for sad brains, but for reducing sex drive and have a more flaccid life.

:unsmith:

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Michael Jackson posted:

Kyrie, i have advice for you. You could take Zoloft like i do, not for sad brains, but for reducing sex drive and have a more flaccid life.

:unsmith:

Or he could just accept that he's gay and go get some man-pussy and enjoy his life. if it's good enough for a hell of a lot of the clergy it's goog enough for Somethingawful poster Kary Your Laser

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Or he could just accept that he's gay and go get some man-pussy and enjoy his life. if it's good enough for a hell of a lot of the clergy it's goog enough for Somethingawful poster Kary Your Laser

But he is a student of catholic church! Scandal and bankruptcy! Somebody is going to the cloister and it is not going to be me!

bohohohohoho.

(kyrie is the squirrel in this scenario)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

This is why Kyrie has to insist everyone is gay otherwise he has to admit maybe it's a quality particular to him. There are people who are a 0 and 1 on the Kinsey scale, unfortunately for him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kyrie eleison posted:

That's a rubbish picture, just move the king away from the knight, not checkmate.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

OwlFancier posted:

That's a rubbish picture, just move the king away from the knight, not checkmate.

drat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Going to have to second the motion though that if everyone is gay you should definitely get some man sex.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I think the King is intended to have been on that black square between the viewer and the queen.

The knight is there to guard the queen, and the white pawn blocks the escape. Looks like checkmate.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

VitalSigns posted:

I think the King is intended to have been on that black square between the viewer and the queen.

The knight is there to guard the queen, and the white pawn blocks the escape. Looks like checkmate.

He's right! The man is right! It's checkmate!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yup, give me a kiss. Not too much tongue tho, we've barely met.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

This reminds me of my college's gay priest who got so fed up that one of his congregation was agonising about whether to have sex with his fiance before they got married that he basically told him to gently caress off and shag his girlfriend already.

Just play by Roman rules and only pitch if it makes you happy, Kyrie.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
Going to sleep. *Eagerly* awaiting Nessus response. Cheers. Love you all

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Although for real appeals to nature in the context of morality are somewhat fallacious, although it's worse for the religious because they argue this poo poo is designed. And in God's image too, so I suppose literally only God knows if sometimes he puts from the rough too.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah but when God does it, it's not a sin.

See also: impregnating another man's fiancee.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah but when God does it, it's not a sin.

See also: impregnating another man's fiancee.

He didn't have sex with her so it's legit. Although the traditional religious abhorrence of the female reproductive system suggests perhaps God is more like Kyrie than I ever thought.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

"Ew meat curtains," God whimpered, as He averted His eyes from Mary's hiked-up skirt and loaded up Bareboned Twinks 7, dick in hand, turkey-baster at the ready.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

PerpetualSelf posted:

It's the truth. But I understand you despise anyone who believes in it. It is clear you have some kind of past trauma in your life caused by Christians. It sounds to me like you need professional help.

Actually Islam is the truth, it says so right there in the Quran.

See? I can make baseless assertions too. You wanna start making claims that have backing, be my guest. You might think I'm being pedantic right now, but you loving started it

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Nessus posted:

If the sentiment is so universal then it must be natural.

Now you're probably going to say, 'ah but the temptation to sin is universal' except the thing is that, for most people, they don't seem to actually commit grievous sins that often. In America at least, violent crimes have been trending downwards for decades, masked mostly by increased media coverage of the few that do bust loose. People in reasonably settled circumstances do not seem to commit major sinful acts that often. Nor do they seriously entertain them, unless you're interpreting (say) a fondness for heist movies or police procedurals as a sign of a real genuine desire to go out and do crime.

Like at a certain point this is hard to take seriously. It would be like saying peeing yellow, or farting, is sinful.

Things which are 'natural' can absolutely be sinful, take alcoholism as an example. You are also wrong for drawing a distinction between so-called 'grievous' and minor sins which Christ rejects out right. People are naturally jealous and proud, but that doesn't make either of these things not sinful.

E: To be clear, I don't think homosexuality is a sin if you are monogamous.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 13, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Miltank posted:

Things which are 'natural' can absolutely be sinful, take alcoholism as an example. You are also wrong for drawing a distinction between so-called 'grievous' and minor sins which Christ rejects out right. People are naturally jealous and proud, but that doesn't make either of these things not sinful.

E: To be clear, don't think homosexuality is a sin if you are monogamous.

Aren't you a Christian?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Yes?

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Miltank posted:

How the unholy gently caress can you possibly believe this and not spit at God for being so breathtakingly cruel as to make us a certain way then punish us for being that way?

Is it just fear or what?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Smudgie Buggler posted:

How the unholy gently caress can you possibly believe this and not spit at God for being so breathtakingly cruel as to make us a certain way then punish us for being that way?

Is it just fear or what?

I don't believe in hell unless it is a place where wicked Christians, (false teachers) go. Christ made it clear that the physically and spiritually meek are the only righteous ones on earth- I don't fear for their souls. All men are sinful, but that sin, all sin, was paid for by Christ.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Miltank posted:

I don't believe in hell unless it is a place where wicked Christians, (false teachers) go. Christ made it clear that the physically and spiritually meek are the only righteous ones on earth- I don't fear for their souls. All men are sinful, but that sin, all sin, was paid for by Christ.

Aren't you the false teacher for trying to skirt around God's law on homosexuality?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

SedanChair posted:

Aren't you the false teacher for trying to skirt around God's law on homosexuality?

The law was created for man, not man for the law.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Miltank posted:

The law was created for man, not man for the law.

Yeah and one of those laws is "don't stick your penis in men, monogamously or otherwise."

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

SedanChair posted:

Yeah and one of those laws is "don't stick your penis in men, monogamously or otherwise."

Yeah and another law was not to do anything on the sabbath, including healing the sick. Jesus taught us that the law serves no purpose if it doesn't help us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Why are you trying to convince a religious person that God wants him to be a bigot?

Even if you succeed (you won't), the outcome of that success is unlikely to please you.

• Locked thread