Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The answer is to eat more and face to Shulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Saoshyant posted:

How much are you thinking? Because I might bite even though I still don't have my Nu3DS.

i don't know, maybe £27 including postage? pm me if you're actually interested

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
By about 1.5 hours in I wasn't too sure about Xenoblade but I'm about 3.5 hours in now and I'm fully onboard. I really just needed to stop meandering about and progress the story to get some new mechanics introduced and figure out what I was doing a little.

I wish there was an auto level option and an equipment optimization option and equip from shops though. I don't want to have to pick all this stuff.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

greatn posted:

Pants update 2015. I'm down to a size 34 now and only one pair of pants comfortably fits a 3ds XL now. But this isn't unique to the XL. My drat cell phone hardly fits in there, unless I get "loose fit" dad jeans that look horrible. I laughed at you when I was size 44. Now I know the pain of being normal sized and owning a Nintendo product. If I get down to my goal of 30 then I'm basically resigned to not carry anything in my pockets ever again.

(I'm size 34/34 and Medium at roughly 190 pounds, so will that probably be around 30/34 and Small near 160 pounds?)

Get a purse system bag.

(I have this thing in Red, it's nice, hold 9 games including the one in the system, didn't have to glue poo poo to my 3DS either)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

greatn posted:

Pants update 2015. I'm down to a size 34 now and only one pair of pants comfortably fits a 3ds XL now. But this isn't unique to the XL. My drat cell phone hardly fits in there, unless I get "loose fit" dad jeans that look horrible. I laughed at you when I was size 44. Now I know the pain of being normal sized and owning a Nintendo product. If I get down to my goal of 30 then I'm basically resigned to not carry anything in my pockets ever again.

(I'm size 34/34 and Medium at roughly 190 pounds, so will that probably be around 30/34 and Small near 160 pounds?)

Shameful goon. Losing weight and now complains about not being able to fit their luxury electronics into too small pockets. Smdh.

Just kidding. Congrats on the weight loss :) Now you get to spend money buying a whole new wardrobe!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Uh sorry for the way late response but this thread moves too fast.

Burst is a more fun game than Versus that much is true, how good it is?

It depends on how much you like beat em ups on the vein of Double Dragon or Battletoads. The gameplay is simple but satisfactory, framerate while on the low side is never an issue and the story is great.

However, I'd say is better to wait until August for Deep Crimson. Now THAT is a great game.

Yeah that what I was wondering since I show that the second game can be preordered. Did they improved anything in the second game?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zat posted:

The big reason is the stable 3D effect (face-tracking) which owns; no more looking for the sweet spot.

I tried the New at a store display yesterday and it's incredible, I had to pretty much hold it at arm's length and shake it violently to break the 3D effect.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

It kinda weirds me out sometimes though because I'll look away for a second and look back and see the 3D quickly readjusting and I'm suddenly reminded that this thing is watching my face.

I wanna see like a Metal Gear boss where you have to look away from the screen to avoid an attack or something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fellatio del Toro posted:

It kinda weirds me out sometimes though because I'll look away for a second and look back and see the 3D quickly readjusting and I'm suddenly reminded that this thing is watching my face.

I wanna see like a Metal Gear boss where you have to look away from the screen to avoid an attack or something.

Hideo Kojima's not at Konami anymore :sigh:.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The big bullet poins for New 3DS:
-super-stable 3D
-built-in c-stick
-faster CPU and more RAM which is used for faster load/download times, better internet browsing, etc as well as enhanced games
-built-in NFC reader for Amiibo and maybe NFC payment someday

If you live in one of the territories that has the regular-sized n3DS, you can also look forward to buying/ignoring faceplates.

-volume switch and gamecard port not placed where your hands are constantly hitting them
-does not make you think you have parkinsons from the screen lid wobble all over

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Why are so many people on HomePass Relay Italian? I have 4 US states and 7 provinces of Italy on my map now.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You live in Jersey, idk

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Why are so many people on HomePass Relay Italian? I have 4 US states and 7 provinces of Italy on my map now.

Probably just due to whatever time it is when you run it causing confirmation bias. I have ~170 in my plaza before I quit caring and have almost every region of Germany filled and very little of the US in comparison.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
I am getting a lot of Japanese and Canadian passes.

I spent the better part of the weekend trying to fortify my homepass relay network after I found that passworded attwifi networks don't work anymore.

tl;dr is that I did some ridiculous near enterprise crap to segregate relay and my home network. I can share if people are interested.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jarogue posted:

Yeah that what I was wondering since I show that the second game can be preordered. Did they improved anything in the second game?

Nearly everything is improved

-Game runs at 30 fps
-Every character received a massive retool on skills expanding exponentially the options to play
-A better written story
-Tons of side content to play after or during story mode. A Bloody Palace like mode where you face gauntlets of enemies, optional missions with alternate requirements to clear, like finishing a level without jumping or beating all the bosses without getting hit, a pretty robust training mode similar to that of a fighting game (pick an enemy, set its behaviour and go to town on it)
-An option to turn off the clothes breaking cutscenes available since the beginning
-An option to skip cutscenes already seen is also included,making it invaluable on replays
-Game is challenging enough with three difficulty levels that coupled with a more strict grading criteria makes more interesting to ace the stages.
-A Tag Team option that while rough is tons of fun.
-Hype as gently caress music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQa1hcEisqY

:black101:

Now, game isn't perfect and is far from being on the level of a Platinum game or any other worthy action game but is a genuinely good game and certainly one of the best beat em up out there.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mayodreams posted:

I am getting a lot of Japanese and Canadian passes.

I spent the better part of the weekend trying to fortify my homepass relay network after I found that passworded attwifi networks don't work anymore.

tl;dr is that I did some ridiculous near enterprise crap to segregate relay and my home network. I can share if people are interested.
Was it difficult? I'm interested in doing a Homepass relay but the instructions I've found online seemed really complicated and I'm an idiot babby when it comes to network poo poo like that.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Xenomrph posted:

Was it difficult? I'm interested in doing a Homepass relay but the instructions I've found online seemed really complicated and I'm an idiot babby when it comes to network poo poo like that.

If you're not opposed to spending $20 the easiest option is buying one of these and changing its MAC address in the settings
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...liofjulochki-20

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Xenomrph posted:

It was not terribly hard for me, but I work in enterprise IT, so YMMV. But the fact that I run my own VMware virtual host and software based router (pfsense) is going to be way beyond the scope of a simple how to.

Basically, I created a DMZ (demilitarized zone) that the DD-WRT flashed router can only talk to the WAN by way of a firewall rule denying access to my primary network (LAN). I then set some protections like MAC address filtering, static DHCP lease for my 3DS with only 1 available dynamic lease, and then blacklisting the primary sites people use as an annoyance if they do hack the MAC address of my 3DS and spoof it. I also disabled the DD-WRT admin interface from the wireless connections to avoid people trying to screw with it.

The biggest point to doing all of this is that I don't want a practically wide open access point with my internal file stores and data accessible. This configuration accomplishes that and adds an annoyance factor for my rear end in a top hat neighbors.

I tried in vain to basically blacklist all but Nintendo traffic, but they are using Akamai and AWS so it is really hard to get all of the FQDN and IP ranges to work. I think I have street pass traffic working, but the eShop doesn't work. I gave up after a few hours of doing packet captures from the router and white listing the traffic from the DMZ interface.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

Am I missing something about this game, I'm only missing a few star coins or whatever here and there, and I only have 252.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jadaris posted:

Am I missing something about this game, I'm only missing a few star coins or whatever here and there, and I only have 252.

IIRC you could get extra star coins by street passing people who also had Super Mario 3D Land.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mayodreams posted:

It was not terribly hard for me, but I work in enterprise IT, so YMMV. But the fact that I run my own VMware virtual host and software based router (pfsense) is going to be way beyond the scope of a simple how to.

Basically, I created a DMZ (demilitarized zone) that the DD-WRT flashed router can only talk to the WAN by way of a firewall rule denying access to my primary network (LAN). I then set some protections like MAC address filtering, static DHCP lease for my 3DS with only 1 available dynamic lease, and then blacklisting the primary sites people use as an annoyance if they do hack the MAC address of my 3DS and spoof it. I also disabled the DD-WRT admin interface from the wireless connections to avoid people trying to screw with it.

The biggest point to doing all of this is that I don't want a practically wide open access point with my internal file stores and data accessible. This configuration accomplishes that and adds an annoyance factor for my rear end in a top hat neighbors.

I tried in vain to basically blacklist all but Nintendo traffic, but they are using Akamai and AWS so it is really hard to get all of the FQDN and IP ranges to work. I think I have street pass traffic working, but the eShop doesn't work. I gave up after a few hours of doing packet captures from the router and white listing the traffic from the DMZ interface.

I love how you created a Visio for your home DMZ network. Not shaming at all - I'm a Network Admin myself so I feel the joys of doing stuff like this.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Yay New 3DSXL got here!

How the hell do I use the C-Stick?

Now I have to decide if I want to try out my other games first or just dive in and renew my MonHan addiction with MH4U :getin:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Static Rook posted:

Yay New 3DSXL got here!

Now I have to decide if I want to try out my other games first or just dive in and renew my MonHan addiction with MH4U :getin:

It's like one of those eraser head mouse things in IBM laptops, just give it a gentle push in the direction that you want it to go. It doesn't actually move.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Static Rook posted:

Yay New 3DSXL got here!

In MH4U you use the C-stick to control the camera, it works really well. It doesn't feel like it moves much but it's like those old things laptops used to have before touch pads.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Static Rook posted:

Yay New 3DSXL got here!

I found that the C-stick really only does up/down/left/right. At least that's been my experience from Smash and moving the camera in Xenoblade.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Kirios posted:

I love how you created a Visio for your home DMZ network. Not shaming at all - I'm a Network Admin myself so I feel the joys of doing stuff like this.

I just did it quick. I have a much more detailed drawing for my entire LAN / host.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Dehry posted:

I found that the C-stick really only does up/down/left/right. At least that's been my experience from Smash and moving the camera in Xenoblade.

It actually does do full 360 degree tracking, but I've only played like one game that does it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

flyboi posted:

Probably just due to whatever time it is when you run it causing confirmation bias. I have ~170 in my plaza before I quit caring and have almost every region of Germany filled and very little of the US in comparison.

I did it in the morning one day and the afternoon 2 days later. It must just be a weird coincidence.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

-Game runs at 30 fps

That's less an improvement and more "We did a single half-assed optimization pass instead of no optimization".

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

The Milkman posted:

If you're not opposed to spending $20 the easiest option is buying one of these and changing its MAC address in the settings
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...liofjulochki-20

Gonna give this a shot, thanks- had something working but it halted my internet connection every 30 seconds when it changed MAC addresses and that was not cool.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Gonna give this a shot, thanks- had something working but it halted my internet connection every 30 seconds when it changed MAC addresses and that was not cool.

That's why you just let it run when you're off doing something else instead of while you're using your computer for internet stuff. Also, if you run it with BASE16 instead of BASE256 it'll only change the MAC every ~20-30 minutes.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Jadaris posted:

Electric Phantasm posted:

IIRC you could get extra star coins by street passing people who also had Super Mario 3D Land.

Yeah, the number is jacked up a bunch because I used Homepass like mad to finish the Plaza games. The Toad Houses and Mystery Boxes were always getting full.

Got my fifth star (drat it's fast when you don't have to worry about star coins and flags) but S8-Crown is kicking my rear end so far.

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 13, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

That's why you just let it run when you're off doing something else instead of while you're using your computer for internet stuff. Also, if you run it with BASE16 instead of BASE256 it'll only change the MAC every ~20-30 minutes.

I'm in a weird situation where I'm wirelessly tethering with my grandfathered-unlimited-data-Verizon phone for my internet connection and there's like nothin' else reasonable in terms of internet out here...

The rent is so cheap, though...

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

EightFlyingCars posted:

It actually does do full 360 degree tracking, but I've only played like one game that does it.

What game was that? Because in my experience it can't even do diagonals, it's just 4-directional, in everything I've tried.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

What game was that? Because in my experience it can't even do diagonals, it's just 4-directional, in everything I've tried.

I'm pretty sure it's fully analog in that lovely gears of war ripoff game. MH4 and such lock it to being digital for reasons??? as far as I can tell.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

techknight posted:

Yeah, the number is jacked up a bunch because I used Homepass like mad to finish the Plaza games. The Toad Houses and Mystery Boxes were always getting full.

Got my fifth star (drat it's fast when you don't have to worry about star coins and flags) but S8-Crown is kicking my rear end so far.

Just wait till you try Champion's Road in 3D World.:eyepop:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mayodreams posted:

I just did it quick. I have a much more detailed drawing for my entire LAN / host.

Mind if you send it over with the IPs flushed? Kind of curious how you set it up.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Are we still swapping friend codes? I bought a 3DSXL recently and I'd like to pump up its friends list a little bit. The code is 3024-8223-4007. I've added everyone else who posted their friend codes recently. (Xenomrph, Himuro, TheComicFiend, Smoremaster, Etrips, and Tommy_Blanco)

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Kelp Plankton posted:

You have full control in Codename STEAM. You can try the demo to test it yourself.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Static Rook posted:

Yay New 3DSXL got here!

You gotta tweak it gently, first clockwise, then counter clockwise, then maybe up and down a few times to warm it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fuzz posted:

You gotta tweak it gently, first clockwise, then counter clockwise, then maybe up and down a few times to warm it up.
hello kuchera, is that you?