Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Just curious are the people getting crashes in xenoblade using game carts or eshop download versions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Mine is a cart. Happened while entering a battle on Gaur Plains.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Fuzz posted:

You gotta tweak it gently, first clockwise, then counter clockwise, then maybe up and down a few times to warm it up.

The little man in the boat above the buttons.

All this Xenoblade crash talk has me scared to play it :ohdear:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wasn't it like one guy whose game crashed

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Did he ever say how it crashed? Like, maybe he accidentally hit the power button or something and thought it crashed?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hitting the power button brings up a power off confirmation screen so there's no chance it'd be that.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ChaosArgate posted:

Hitting the power button brings up a power off confirmation screen so there's no chance it'd be that.

I don't know, somehow goons were ejecting games on the 3DS XL by holding it like a madman, so I wouldn't be surprised.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Ugh I am not retarded it crashed. A sound played, everything halted and then a screen like this came up:

If you eject a game it has a screen instead that says that it was removed.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Static Rook posted:

All this Xenoblade crash talk has me scared to play it :ohdear:

Even if it does actually have a crash problem, rather than isolated incidents, it's a game where you can save anywhere and everywhere so just do that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ChaosArgate posted:

Some dude earlier in the thread was doing that and thought it was crashing so :shobon:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

flyboi posted:

Ugh I am not retarded it crashed. A sound played, everything halted and then a screen like this came up:

Well stop trying to play it on a regular 3DS, it requires a New 3DS to work! :smugbert:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Fuzz posted:

Well stop trying to play it on a regular 3DS, it requires a New 3DS to work! :smugbert:

He does have an n3DS. That's just an example picture to demonstrate the error message.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

ChaosArgate posted:

He does have an n3DS. That's just an example picture to demonstrate the error message.

... I figured the :smugbert: would have made it clear I was being a sarcastic rear end.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

flyboi posted:

You're the only one i've seen say they've had a crash. I've put in 30+ hours myself with no crash so my anecdote nullifies yours. Maybe you've got a faulty N3DS. :shrug:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think a couple people have said they crashed. or maybe it was just him more than once

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I have the eshop version and have no issues 15 hours or so in. Anecdotal I know, but I imagine most bought the cart.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

NEWSFLASH lovely microsd card will cause poo poo to happen.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Disease posted:

NEWSFLASH lovely microsd card will cause poo poo to happen.

Wouldn't that only cause a game to crash if it was the download version?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

Wouldn't that only cause a game to crash if it was the download version?

Nope. I've had a microSD card corrupt so hard it would randomly hardlock any device I put it in.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Nope. I've had a microSD card corrupt so hard it would randomly hardlock any device I put it in.

Yeah, I actually had this problem with the microSD card I bought right before the New 3DS came out. Would freeze my New 3DS after a certain amount of storage was used, so I put it in my PC using a micro SD USB reader and trying to delete its contents would freeze Windows Explorer. Returned it and bought a new card and the new one has worked perfectly.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I'm finally going to go pick up an N3DS XL on Thursday, which is the nicer looking color, red or black? Also, is it worth hitting a couple Best Buys to check for lingering MM models? Planning to buy from GameStop because I've got like $50 in store credit for the thing, but if an MM one is worth it and in stock maybe I'll just go get that one?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Variable_H posted:

I'm finally going to go pick up an N3DS XL on Thursday, which is the nicer looking color, red or black? Also, is it worth hitting a couple Best Buys to check for lingering MM models? Planning to buy from GameStop because I've got like $50 in store credit for the thing, but if an MM one is worth it and in stock maybe I'll just go get that one?

Why not just do a pass round your local BB's anyway on the off chance before going to GameStop?

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why not just do a pass round your local BB's anyway on the off chance before going to GameStop?

Yeah, that's kinda what I was asking. Is the MM really that nice and forgotten stocked enough that it makes doing all that first worth it? I'm a giant Zelda nerd, so the answer should be yes, but if its not that good looking in person, like the Zelda DS Lite, then I'd just rather go with one of the regular ones.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Variable_H posted:

Yeah, that's kinda what I was asking. Is the MM really that nice and forgotten stocked enough that it makes doing all that first worth it? I'm a giant Zelda nerd, so the answer should be yes, but if its not that good looking in person, like the Zelda DS Lite, then I'd just rather go with one of the regular ones.

It's really nice and shiny in-person, yes. If you like Zelda you should go try and get it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Yeah, I actually had this problem with the microSD card I bought right before the New 3DS came out. Would freeze my New 3DS after a certain amount of storage was used, so I put it in my PC using a micro SD USB reader and trying to delete its contents would freeze Windows Explorer. Returned it and bought a new card and the new one has worked perfectly.

I thought that I was the only one that had that problem.

Here the post I made about it.

Jarogue posted:

SO fun fact. Sometime spotpasses can corrupt your SD card to the point that you can't download, delete, or format the stuff saved on it, both on the 3DS and PC. So now I have to buy a new micro SD card and redownload everything since I don't know if the backup save file I on the PC are also corrupted as well. (My SD card might have been corrupted around the same time when I had made the backup save on PC.)

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Having a great time with Xenoblade Chronicles, almost thinking it's a bit easy then bam. Cockblocked by this Xord gently caress.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
xenoblade just crashed 1000 times for me

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Me too!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Variable_H posted:

It's very pretty and I love it and you should totally take a look.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Project X Zone 2 is coming to America on the fall

Simultaneous release?

I guess the game did sold like hotcakes on the west.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

You have a very low expectation of the prospects of hot cakes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:shrug:

Is just that I always had the impression that the game didn't had an impressive performance on Japan but had a better reception on the west. Good enough to get a sequel greenlighted and having the western market as priority.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It's probably just vgchartz making up data, but if you track their own stuff, it doesn't even make sense that N/A outsold Japan by more than a couple thousand which only came in at around 150k units.

It's more likely that it's just the same old hacks taking another swing at the neck of the golden goose because they can't even bother to design a halfway decent match-3.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Over Neogaf there was a thread about PXZ shipping 400k copies worldwide, might be related with that?

EDIT: Ah, it was mentioned on the same conference where PXZ2 was revealed. It only says that the game sold 400k copies though.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 14, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Who cares about Neogaf threads about bad-selling games?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bamco's own numbers say they did 400k worldwide.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Policenaut posted:

Bamco's own numbers say they did 400k worldwide.

That's some hot cake numbers!

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

5er posted:

Having a great time with Xenoblade Chronicles, almost thinking it's a bit easy then bam. Cockblocked by this Xord gently caress.

Ahhh yeah that happened to me last night! Gotta topple the fucker with a chain attack and let rip. Good fun

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I had a bug in Xenoblade where all music stopped, and then when I went to an area that triggered a cutscene, the screen froze.

Fortunately it was still possible to pause and skip the frozen cutscene, so I saved and quit pronto before anything worse happened. Obviously I recommend doing that immediately if the music suddenly stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

A Big... Dog posted:

Ahhh yeah that happened to me last night! Gotta topple the fucker with a chain attack and let rip. Good fun

Just having trouble surviving to make it that far to actually pull chains off. I think I have to back out and just sidequest for a bit, come back overpowered.