Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

LesterGroans posted:

Can we get a spinoff showing some cool adventures with Han and Giselle between 5 and 6?

The sorta peripheral members of the family (Han, Giselle, Roman, Tej, even Tego & Santos) are my favorite characters so I would be totally down for a spinoff of all 6 of those characters' adventures between 5 and 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Quick question: Wikipedia says Russell's character is named Frank Petty. Did he ever give that name aloud? I only recall him introducing himself as Mr. Nobody.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

There, see, this is much more plausible.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Jenny Angel posted:

Quick question: Wikipedia says Russell's character is named Frank Petty. Did he ever give that name aloud? I only recall him introducing himself as Mr. Nobody.

I never heard him say it but I saw that name in a couple of reviews I read too.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Jenny Angel posted:

His real last name should be O'Conner.

El Gaucho
Apr 14, 2015

I watched this master piece in a lovely dollar theater. Five bags of pop corn.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

El Gaucho posted:

I watched this master piece in a lovely dollar theater. Five bags of pop corn.

Try Fatburger from now on. Get yourself a double cheese with fries for $2.95 human being

Anyway, I just rewatched the first movie again. That tiny rear end deli/grocery store that Mia and Dom ran was a money laundering front, right? O'Connor was always the only person there (presumably only to do recon on Dom and hit on Mia, which he may have only been doing to have an excuse to do recon on Dom anyway) and both Mia and Vince admit that the food was lovely. I'm assuming it got shut down when that sweet, sweet DVD player money dried up.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 14, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe Mia just liked cooking and didn't care if it didn't make much money? Just like how in Fast 5, the guy opens a garage to work at after getting 10 million bucks.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Maybe she had a passion for bad tuna fish sandwiches.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

No crust :3:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I never heard him say it but I saw that name in a couple of reviews I read too.

It sounds like press packs etc identified him with that name, so that's what IMDB and some reviewers went with. I can't remember how the credits at the end list him though.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

This movie was the best one !? I barely got through it. I didn't see the previous six.

On a high note (heh) if I would have been tanked/blazed it would have been awesome.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Neil McCauley posted:

This movie was the best one !? I barely got through it. I didn't see the previous six.

On a high note (heh) if I would have been tanked/blazed it would have been awesome.

Five is a better movie overall, I think is the consensus.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Five is a better movie overall, I think is the consensus.

Sour diesel and 5 it is then.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Neil McCauley posted:

5 and 6 are better imo

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Neil McCauley posted:

You barely got through the 7th movie in a franchise after not seeing the previous 6? What a surprise.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Try Fatburger from now on. Get yourself a double cheese with fries for $2.95 human being

Anyway, I just rewatched the first movie again. That tiny rear end deli/grocery store that Mia and Dom ran was a money laundering front, right? O'Connor was always the only person there (presumably only to do recon on Dom and hit on Mia, which he may have only been doing to have an excuse to do recon on Dom anyway) and both Mia and Vince admit that the food was lovely. I'm assuming it got shut down when that sweet, sweet DVD player money dried up.

I'm guessing it was a front. He'd also probably launder the money though the parts store he frequented. Buy parts for his cars with dirty money, race, win clean-ish money.

I need to see 6 before I head to the theater to see 7. I've watched the others, this series is just insane.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

PassTheRemote posted:

I'm guessing it was a front. He'd also probably launder the money though the parts store he frequented. Buy parts for his cars with dirty money, race, win clean-ish money.

WInnings from illegally gambling on an illegal street race aren't anywhere close to clean.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sir Kodiak posted:

WInnings from illegally gambling on an illegal street race aren't anywhere close to clean.

Race Wars seemed like a legitimate-looking enterprise. Racing in the city, though, yeah that's super-illegal.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zedd posted:

I hope Mia gets a bigger role again in the future movies, I always really liked her. Unlikely though.

I bet we never see Mia again.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
I forgot if its shown in the 6th one. What was the result of the Roulette Roll?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Shadowhand00 posted:

They cut away just before it lands, but since there was an equal amount on black and red, the payoff would have been equal...assuming it didn't land on the green, I think. I don't know much about roulette.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Coffee And Pie posted:

They cut away just before it lands, but since there was an equal amount on black and red, the payoff would have been equal...assuming it didn't land on the green, I think. I don't know much about roulette.

There are two green spaces possible, 0 and 00. As far as the color betting, they both pay out one to one. Unless it landed on 0 or 00, one person would lose, and the other would win $10 million, with $20 million net. So you are correct.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Shadowhand00 posted:

I always assumed it landed on green since they were both so insistent NO ALL RED/ALL BLACK they also have a dejected look when you hear it land.

The movie was great for a 4th time. My only gripe is that Wan used the rolling camera trick about 2 or 3 times too many. Lots of music and visual ques to the former films, Dom wearing his shop shirt with his name on it from the first movie when they return to LA was a great touch I missed the first couple times, although that thing has to have been defunct for years now I'm amazed he still has it

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
He wore it at the end of 6 too iirc. I think his closet is full of those and wife beaters.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

I'd prefer Mia take O'Conner's role. Sneak off and have adventures. She can fight with Statham and Jaa's evil brother.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Gatts posted:

I'd prefer Mia take O'Conner's role. Sneak off and have adventures. She can fight with Statham and Jaa's evil brother.

Oh this was another awesome bit. That rushed "Too slow!" was great, Brian was just aiting to get the last word in and no way was he gonna let that opportunity slide. :black101:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TheJoker138 posted:

The most we will get is to see her running a diner again, but only for a couple minutes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PaganGoatPants posted:

He wore it at the end of 6 too iirc. I think his closet is full of those and wife beaters.

Don't forget the white v-neck (about 50 seconds in)!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

WarLocke posted:

Oh this was another awesome bit. That rushed "Too slow!" was great, Brian was just aiting to get the last word in and no way was he gonna let that opportunity slide. :black101:

That last Tony Jaa fight, in any other movie, would be worth the full price of admission, but I love that in this it's just another badass scene among dozens and hardly gets mentioned. The bit where they slide down the stairs on the door was beautifully choreographed and foreshadowed.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread how underrated Paul Walker's stagefighting skills were, but it's worth saying again. It was actually kinda-sorta believable that he could beat Tony loving Jaa in a fistfight.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It looks like F7 is now Universal's biggest movie ever. It has already passed $1 billion worldwide.

http://www.thewrap.com/furious-7-drives-past-billion-dollar-mark-to-become-universals-biggest-movie-ever/

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
Universal kept bragging that the franchise was their highest grossing at 2.8 billion (after six movies that's an easy statement to make I think) but this movie just made over a third of that by itself.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

It looks like F7 is now Universal's biggest movie ever. It has already passed $1 billion worldwide.

http://www.thewrap.com/furious-7-drives-past-billion-dollar-mark-to-become-universals-biggest-movie-ever/
Jesus Christ :stare:

It totally deserves that.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The MSJ posted:

The street always wins.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Next movie should have Han Seoul-Oh's unmentioned friend Chu- Bawca show up with the same actor and just never pay attention to it otherwise.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I would accept his Latino friend, Chuy.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Zedd posted:

Next movie should have Han Seoul-Oh's unmentioned friend Chu- Bawca show up with the same actor and just never pay attention to it otherwise.

New idea: get Aaron Yoo's character from the Friday The 13th remake to show up as his character, Chewie, who we learn is Han's younger brother. He can be in it for a few movies until he gets killed off during the events of Friday the 13th, revealing that not only do F&F and F13 share a universe, but much like his father, he was murdered by a Jason, who is now hunting the team.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Coffee And Pie posted:

New idea: get Aaron Yoo's character from the Friday The 13th remake to show up as his character, Chewie, who we learn is Han's younger brother. He can be in it for a few movies until he gets killed off during the events of Friday the 13th, revealing that not only do F&F and F13 share a universe, but much like his father, he was murdered by a Jason, who is now hunting the team.

The Fast and Furious crew of Hobbs, Dom, and the Shaw brothers vs horror movie all-star team Jason, Freddy, Michael Meyers and Leatherface would be dope as gently caress.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

teagone posted:

The Fast and Furious crew of Hobbs, Dom, and the Shaw brothers vs horror movie all-star team Jason, Freddy, Michael Meyers and Leatherface would be dope as gently caress.

Universal realizes that there's money to be had in getting in this "cinematic universe" business and just mashes all their properties together with F&F. Fighting Dracula and the Wolf Man? Jason Bourne joins the team?

Can a Dodge Charger outrun a T-Rex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly I'd be totally down for Dom and Hobbs Meet the Wolfman

• Locked thread