Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

I think the title of this kickstarter says it all better than I could even hope to describe. Unsurprisingly, the funding has been suspended, and thankfully.

Real glad that hovering over a link gives a preview. Saves a Ctr-h.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

quote:

In time we plan to set up international warehouses to make shipping cheap for all.
Imagine a world so hosed up that nappies for assholes who get sexually excited by making GBS threads themselves while dressed as incontinent cartoon dog children require international shipping magnates such as Zachary Zinn to deal with the burgeoning worldwide demand. Printouts of this business pitch are how ISIS get volunteers to drive car bombs into busy streets.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Okay, a dot, pointing at things. . . For the lazers to kill? I don't understand how these are related to lazers.

The cargo elevator broke and then someone flooded the escape hatch with concrete and I think this is one of those bunkers they ended up selling to Elon Musk because nobody's come to check up on me in a while. Did Star Citizen get released yet?

Sorry it's the year 2015 not 2115.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Great Rumbler posted:

You can also shine it in your best friend's eyes to temporarily blind him.

Or permanently blind them.

(Seriously don't shine lasers into people's eyes).

Also, annoy moviegoers until the ushers kick you out for being a nuisance. Laser pointers have many uses.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Probably the most pathetic kickstarter ever submitted.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

quote:

I'm making a gray fox fursuit it's going to be very cartoonish and would bring big smiles to kids faces.
Uh huh. :colbert:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

For real I'm almost angered by that because that is seriously fooling loving nobody.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

please don't wear fetish gear around children

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Calling troll because all the reward levels are "hugs".

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Snuffman posted:

Calling troll because all the reward levels are "hugs".

Um, actually most of them are "smiles", and a couple are "pride", which no amount of backing a furry fucksuit is going to ever recover for you.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
On the one hand furries should never, ever be encouraged, even ironically.

On the other hand first attempts at homemade fursuits by people who have no idea what they're doing are always goddamn hilarious.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They are like those terrible taxidermy animals.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Manuel Calavera posted:

I think the title of this kickstarter says it all better than I could even hope to describe. Unsurprisingly, the funding has been suspended, and thankfully.

It's a tiny detail in the sheer brain-bending horror of it all but check out the sizing - Medium is up to 42" waist. There is no Small.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
That fursuit thing, if that is real, AND terrible ideas aside, I'm not even sure the materials would cost that much. Isn't it more or less like crafting a giant hollow teddy bear with foam filling and poo poo? None of that is going to cost $3000 to make. I struggle to think of anything that would make it cost that much.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Finding a cum-resistant stuffing is expensive

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cheez posted:

I struggle to think of anything that would make it cost that much.

Maybe they're going to make it out of actual silver fox furs for authenticity?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Engineering an actual human sized hybrid. Then skinning it and wearing that as a suit.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Morglon posted:

Engineering an actual human sized hybrid. Then skinning it and wearing that as a suit.

I'm sure this is a real episode of a cartoon I used to watch.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I feel like even if you skinned both Anderson Cooper and George Clooney you still wouldn't be close to enough for a viable fursuit for the average furry.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TetsuoTW posted:

I feel like even if you skinned both Anderson Cooper and George Clooney you still wouldn't be close to enough for a viable fursuit for the average furry.

I would donate to that Kickstarter

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

On the one hand furries should never, ever be encouraged, even ironically.

On the other hand first attempts at homemade fursuits by people who have no idea what they're doing are always goddamn hilarious.

Please stop making fun of my Hotline Miami cosplay

AZ Guy
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp
:iamafag:

socrates chugwolf
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

gargoylecheesehorn
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

scoob stallion
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... What just happened? :psylon:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I like the cut of his jib, lets start a kickstarter to buy him another account.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Zereth posted:

Big Anime Fan Here getting in ahead of Meltdown May.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zereth posted:

Bunch of repeating the same gigantic stupid post that you really don't want to know about, including goatse.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Zereth posted:

SS just spent a bunch of money to spam GBS.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Well uh..anyway..Anonabox was a Kickstarter, right? Whoops!

quote:

It turns out all those critics of the controversial Tor router project Anonabox might have been on to something. Late last month, Anonabox began contacting the first round of customers who bought its tiny, $100 privacy gadget to warn them of serious security flaws in the device, and to offer to ship them a more secure replacement free of charge. While the miniature routers do direct all of a user's Internet traffic over Tor as promised, the company says that its first batch lacked basic password protection, with no way to keep out unwanted users in Wi-Fi range. And worse yet, the faulty Anonaboxes use the hardcoded root password 'admin,' which allows any of those Wi-Fi intruders to completely hijack the device, snooping on or recording all of a user's traffic.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
More like Anonabotch.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well uh..anyway..Anonabox was a Kickstarter, right? Whoops!

That is loving priceless. :allears:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Gotta go fast, gotta get to vegas!

Couldn't even be bothered to use MS Paint for the game's "logo"

Call of Battlewar: Modern Field 60

quote:

This project is about war; if you like video games, and war, this will be a good game for you. Please help build this game up. In the game they're will be a lot of realistic military equipment, planes, tanks, battle ships, guns, bombs and lots more... Hoping to make available on Xbox one and PS4. Will be appropriate for everyone 10+ (no swearing and no sexual content)

Because the heavy violence will be suitable for children :psyduck:

quote:

If I get the full amount, I could face having a virus on my laptop, in which case the project would be delayed.
Somehow, with this level of stupid, I don't doubt it.

e: Book of Mormon Heroes, an RPG Maker game

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 14:56 on Apr 14, 2015

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I wonder what its like to be so blinded by the Dunning-Kruger effect that one would actually even make the Kickstarter page.

I want to believe they're both a joke.

:psyduck:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
*Opens Notepad.exe, types 'make a realistic shootie game with awesome weapons and stuff,' Saves.

Now what?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

I'm making a game about me, except I'm a demon and also very pale.

quote:

The only challenge is the JRPG battles system which I already have help for by another designer.
RPG Maker does it for you already you dolt :downs:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I don't get people who are making RPGMaker games and then ask for tens of thousands of dollars. What even would you spend that on? Full loving voice acting? Like, RPGMaker is the engine of "I want to make a game entirely on my own, in my spare time, and I have no talent for art, music, coding, or design, or anything really that goes into making a game but god drat I want to make a game", its entire purpose is to be used for games that do not cost 30 grand.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
They don't know why they need that much money either.

They just want it because reasons. Just shut the gently caress up and give me my money to make my super game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

DStecks posted:

I don't get people who are making RPGMaker games and then ask for tens of thousands of dollars. What even would you spend that on? Full loving voice acting? Like, RPGMaker is the engine of "I want to make a game entirely on my own, in my spare time, and I have no talent for art, music, coding, or design, or anything really that goes into making a game but god drat I want to make a game", its entire purpose is to be used for games that do not cost 30 grand.

Because getting someone to actually put in non-default art and music for your game so it doesn't look like a blatant RPG maker game costs actual money. Decent artists don't tend to take payment in "credits for an RPG Maker game".