Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Joementum posted:

The US has never had an official Ambassador of Funk

Well its hard to spread our funk abroad without a Funk Czar to dictate policy locally, baby steps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If I were Clinton I would run on being able to provide what Obama was missing-a tough no compromise president who will fight where Obama didn't or couldn't.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Brian Beutler makes the constitutional case for Obama as Hillary's running mate.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Brian Beutler makes the constitutional case for Obama as Hillary's running mate.

Why is Brian Beutler trying to kill Michelle Obama with an anger stroke?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Yes. YESSSSSSSSS. Eat your own. :unsmigghh:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Nobody cares what a libertarian protest-option from Michigan thinks.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Enigma89 posted:

California but I will be moving to NY by election time.

Then it doesn't matter what you do, idiot.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Our old friends at Hillaryis44 are still at it! And they seem quite happy about Hillary announcing her candidacy

quote:

Preparation H For ObamaRoids: Get #ReadyForHillary And Bow Down Low Obama Bitch-Boys! It’s #Hillary2016 Time
Update: So now that the obscure former NY senator announces surprise bid for presidency is it time for Big Pink to change our name? Do we, tears in our eyes and lump in throat, bid adieu to the number in HillaryIs44?

A lot of people insist we change our name. As we linked to in the article below and in our comments we are still the target of ire and anger. Seems the ObamaRoids who called anyone who supported Hillary in 2008 “racists” and “hags” and “c*nts” are now upset that we have not forgotten their hate and answer it and them with the contempt they have earned and deserve as the failed Obama presidency circles the toilet.

These ObamaRoids about to be wiped out by Preparation H 2016 think we are stupid to use an allegedly outdated name. We’ll answer the ObamaRoids with a quote from a Hillary hating article from a Hillary Hater at the Hillary Hating All White Republic:

But the truth is that this country is 230 years old and has had 43 presidents and not a single one of them has been a woman.

Choke on weight challenged Grover Cleveland bitch-boys and bitches. Bow Down. HillaryIs44.

It goes on, and on, and on, after this, including a Beyonce video?

2016 Presidential Primary: Bow Down Low Obama Bitch-Boys!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

my bony fealty posted:

Our old friends at Hillaryis44 are still at it! And they seem quite happy about Hillary announcing her candidacy

Misandrist racists seems an awful niche support group or am I misunderstanding this group?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Quidam Viator posted:

Welcome to the Republican Party.

Most of the people in power over me ARE Republicans, so no, not really. Is there a spite and bile wing of the Democrats?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

So to sum up the last 5 pages. Vote Hillary because she isn't a Republican and is going to get the nomination.

I think this may be the first election I actually do not vote in. Unless Sanders actually makes some moves.

So you're moving from Rand to Sanders? :psyduck:

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

VanSandman posted:

Most of the people in power over me ARE Republicans, so no, not really. Is there a spite and bile wing of the Democrats?

You're posting in it.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

Do they think she is running against Obama again?

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

showbiz_liz posted:

I assume they think he'll have some monstrous plan to either hold onto power, or put a puppet of his on the throne. Ol' Joe Biden knows where his bread is buttered, after all.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Series DD Funding posted:

You're posting in it.

Holy poo poo I am.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

quote:

Preparation H For ObamaRoids

I'll admit that I laughed at this.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

showbiz_liz posted:

Hillaryis44 is the longest running GOP troll that isnt.. you know, social justice, trickle down ideology, "conservative" spending policies, "Compassion"...

Dont bite down on the bait, people seem to have forgotten this since 2008.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
For what it's worth, Harper's has lifted the paywall on Doug Henwood's leftwing cri de coeur against Hillary.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

showbiz_liz posted:

Well he's guaranteed to lose/not be President after this election!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Meanwhile, in Le Claire, IA....

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PupsOfWar posted:

I really don't mind Newt's weird space futurism much. Of all the things you could latch onto for purposes of mocking Newt, that seems a weird one.

Newts moon base was the most transparent ploy to boost his numbers in Florida possible. It was so transparent, floridians even saw through it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FAUXTON posted:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

These days you can literally ask that question verbally of google and it will tell you.

lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

By the time of first GOP debate, how many candidates do you think we will have. I'm going to say at least 8.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Newts moon base was the most transparent ploy to boost his numbers in Florida possible. It was so transparent, floridians even saw through it.

While this is completely correct, I still choose to believe that Newt really wants a moon zoo that he can visit before he dies

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

This doesn't look like the Scooby Doo van at all.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

By the time of first GOP debate, how many candidates do you think we will have. I'm going to say at least 8.

First debate is scheduled for Fox News in August. The Iowa Straw Poll, usually the first winnowing event, is on August 29, which will probably be after the debate. So Bush, Walker, Cruz, Paul, Rubio, Carson, Perry, Huckabee, Christie, Graham, and Santorum makes eleven. A full dozen if Trump actually runs (:lol:). Graham and Santorum are the only ones that might drop out before then, I'd guess, so at least nine.

edit: Oh, and Fiorina. I always forget about her, but who the hell knows. Maybe Kasich too.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

my bony fealty posted:

So that's what it would look like if freep supported Hillary.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

All aboard the Date Rape Express!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Joementum posted:

edit: Oh, and Fiorina. I always forget about her, but who the hell knows. Maybe Kasich too.

Fiorina wants to run, even though everyone knows she's a horrible leader. They could let her into the debate, but they might as well invite Jack Fellure.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

First debate is scheduled for Fox News in August. The Iowa Straw Poll, usually the first winnowing event, is on August 29, which will probably be after the debate. So Bush, Walker, Cruz, Paul, Rubio, Carson, Perry, Huckabee, Christie, Graham, and Santorum makes eleven. A full dozen if Trump actually runs (:lol:). Graham and Santorum are the only ones that might drop out before then, I'd guess, so at least nine.

You think Huckabee will actually run? I figure he'll just stick with his grifting.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hillary ordered a Masala Chai tea, a Caramellow latte, and a glass of water at Jones Street Coffee, in Le Claire, IA.

DaveWoo posted:

You think Huckabee will actually run? I figure he'll just stick with his grifting.

His PAC has been putting out a series of campaign videos and the book tour ended back in February. I think he'll stick around until Iowa at least.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Grifting and campaigning are inextricably linked in the modern GOP. A presidential run would represent only an escalation of the hustle.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Joementum posted:

I think Jindal's running too!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

So that's what it would look like if freep supported Hillary.

Pretty much. There was a real amount of worry in 2008 among Democrats about the "PUMAs", disgruntled Hillary supporters who would jump ship and vote GOP out of spite for Obama being the nominee. Turns out that 90%+ of Democrats supported Obama, so they ended up being, well, paper pumas.

There was a great thread back then about Hillaryis44 and watching their transformation from pissed off Hillary fans to straight-up McCain/Palin supporters.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Oh yeah, for sure. Watching hi44, freep, and the rest of the gang the night of the election in 2008 was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

It really is too bad that Obama destroyed America, we has such a good run.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

my bony fealty posted:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/A_campaign_mystery_solved_HillaryIs44.html

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Ben Carson to make a major announcement May 4.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Pataki / Chafee debates next October are going to be riveting!!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
So Hillary is handing out caucus commitment cards already.

One issue with this: the date for the Iowa caucuses hasn't been finalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

As lovely as it was for Hillary to vote for the Iraq War (and it was really lovely) she's still probably significantly less likely to start a new war than anyone the Republicans could spit out, so as a Canadian whose country would almost certainly be dragged into any war you guys start while Harper's in power you better hold your goddamn noses and vote for Hillary in the general. If you need an object lesson on what difference it makes, remember Bush II (as you should for the rest of your lives) and how people at the time dismissed the idea that there was any difference between him and Gore.

Unless we elect Trudeau or Mulcair this year, then you're free to do whatever I guess, but the odds on that are worse than they should be because of 3rd-party vote-splitting. Hmm, I wonder if there's a lesson there?

• Locked thread